The difference between the MD+ and the MSU-MD

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The difference between the MD+ and the MSU-MD - Page 2 Empty Re: The difference between the MD+ and the MSU-MD

Post by Brutapode89 on Fri 14 Aug 2020 - 21:22

Hi guys. And did you think we can make sure that 32x games like Virtua Fighter, Virtua Racing Deluxe, Pinocchio (The prototype), Knuckles' Chaotix, etc... can be enhanced in MSU-MD?
Brutapode89
Brutapode89
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Since : 2019-10-06

Back to top Go down

The difference between the MD+ and the MSU-MD - Page 2 Empty Re: The difference between the MD+ and the MSU-MD

Post by Retroplay on Sat 29 Aug 2020 - 16:47

I see 32mbit upped two new MSU-MD to his Google drive (Super Hang-On & Ghouls 'n' Ghosts).
Unfortunately there's only audio tracks in the uploaded zips but no patches for the intended roms is anywhere to be found.

WIP or maybe he just forgot to include them ?
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NvBmD3_BBim3AkxuzebMnrS15f_qxGzH
Retroplay
Retroplay

The difference between the MD+ and the MSU-MD - Page 2 Image110

Since : 2019-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk on Sun 30 Aug 2020 - 15:13

It seems he hasn't officially released them, yet. There's nothing new about them on his Twitter since the last update about him still working on them.
Relikk
Relikk

The difference between the MD+ and the MSU-MD - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

The difference between the MD+ and the MSU-MD - Page 2 Empty How to start Game with libretro?

Post by PittStone on Mon 31 Aug 2020 - 12:52

Retroplay wrote:I figured it out in Retroarch Genesis Plus GX.
The official nightly buildbot hasn't caught up with latest GenPlusGX source.

I built my own x86_64 libretro GX core and it's working now.
However, as I said earlier, Fusion doesn't like these and causes weird errors with invisible player sprites with CD audio playing.

You can grab the compatible MSU-MD core here for Retroarch.
https://mega.nz/folder/rgEVzAZK#uo-JSeS_abL94eE9xaNc6w

And How do i start the Game? Should i start the .md rom or the .cue file? In the .cue file are only the wav files, not the rom.
PittStone
PittStone

Since : 2017-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Retroplay on Mon 31 Aug 2020 - 12:59

just load the rom.

Just make sure names are identical.
game.md
game.cue
Retroplay
Retroplay

Back to top Go down

Post by PittStone on Mon 31 Aug 2020 - 16:20

Retroplay wrote:just load the rom.

Just make sure names are identical.
game.md
game.cue

O.k. but if i start this Sonic the Hedgehog (USA, Europe) (Mode 1 Sega CD) [Team Evanesco] patched rom it crashes retroarch with this core. "Super Hang-On MSU-MD" starts but without music, its not a patched rom. Where the patches are?
PittStone
PittStone

Since : 2017-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Retroplay on Mon 31 Aug 2020 - 17:19

Super Hang-On MSU-MD patch isn't out yet, only the audio pack.

Anyway, Sonic is working fine at my end, so don't know what the problem could be.
RA 1.9.0 + GenPlusGX 1.7.4 f8a8046
core (win64)
https://streamable.com/topvmn
Retroplay
Retroplay

Back to top Go down

Post by darthvaderx on Wed 16 Sep 2020 - 12:29

Oops, I have here Sonic, Moonwalker and Rock'n Roll Racing all MSU-MD with the tracks mounted, what can I do to contribute to the forum?

darthvaderx

Since : 2017-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by konradp on Wed 25 Nov 2020 - 22:55

is there a guide on how to setup up any of the games .ips + cue + wavs + rom file on a everdrive pro?

thanks

konradp
Newcomer

Since : 2020-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk on Thu 26 Nov 2020 - 4:39

All of the MD+ patches that were released were converted by Krikzz for use on his cart. You can find those IPS patches at the link below. Any bug reports should be directed at Krikzz if you're using them.

https://github.com/krikzz/msu-md/tree/master/ips

You can use the audio files from the original release articles on Zeldix, but be aware that due to the limitations of MSU-MD there will be no seamless looping of audio tracks, and any games with non-concurrent track numbers will probably be buggy with regard to the audio (Ys III).

You only need to create a folder for your game and put your patched ROM, CUE and WAV files into that folder.
Relikk
Relikk

The difference between the MD+ and the MSU-MD - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum