Help for marriage proposal

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Help for marriage proposal - Page 7 Empty Re: Help for marriage proposal

Post by Conn Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 19:25

I just finished...

I also changed Oscar saying: Our HIStory began... instead of Story. He says for sure history in his record Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Help for marriage proposal - Page 7 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Wed 2 Jun 2021 - 20:24

Conn wrote:I just finished...

I also changed Oscar saying: Our HIStory began... instead of Story. He says for sure history in his record Very Happy
Disgust Disgust Disgust Crying or Very sad

Eh, At least I can adjust the in-game timing of things if I need to now...

*edit- Noticed a few mistakes in the new script you did, but was able to fix them myself! Breakdance

Also noticed a slight problem in the first line in the game.
"Today is your special day Yese," was just slightly too long, and half of the comma showed up on the next line. Changed "Today is" to "Today's" to fix it.

edale

Help for marriage proposal - Page 7 Image110

Since : 2017-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 3 Jun 2021 - 1:22

Perfect! Now it's up to you to release the final patch and set and let have Oscar eventually have his great day Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Thu 3 Jun 2021 - 3:54

Conn wrote:Perfect! Now it's up to you to release the final patch and set and let have Oscar eventually have his great day Very Happy
Help for marriage proposal - Page 7 875f31f43dde37c1eca69fb9351dea7f

On the other hand...

Patch: https://mega.nz/file/2E51XKKa#Qzg7r76lMwiAxTUFIpISp-VGTlEydmAqHqEJP_SWfq0

PCM pack: https://mega.nz/file/eJhT3YDT#-S_WI1sDNE7eo7IiYlP3RgQhnib-vGSwGZ2b_3CgdGI

Now Oscar, on to one final thing... Our payment for services rendered.
WTF
You have to, and no weaseling out of this...

Tell us how it goes! Very Happy Piece of Heart Piece of Heart Piece of Heart Piece of Heart

Good Luck!

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 3 Jun 2021 - 6:21

The king voice is just perfect! Awesome, edale!

Tell us how it goes!
That I too demand as payment.

Only small thing I wanted to add but failed: the old woman villager. I wanted to give her a husband in the room left to her (that would have fitted perfectly), but equally which NPC I try to place there, either messed up sprite or game crash (other sprite like bottleman work, but he's way too young).
This could only SePH make, but remembering his last message, he has too much real life business and this is minimal as well (when I am participating at a project I get sort of perfectionist unfortunately.).

So we are good to go Very Happy Nothing more I can do to improve. I also checked the game a last time (both SPC, MSU), checked backtracking, different saveslot etc. all was fine.

So thanks to all who participated, it was not trivial. Oscar, go and make your (hopefully) future wife happy Razz
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 3 Jun 2021 - 7:17

Oh, I managed with changing the head of the bottle man and zcompress (last minute change Very Happy ) - I hope it's not too late.

Help for marriage proposal - Page 7 Yese0010

edale and Oskar, please check if i didn't break anything and the husband monologue fits Wink
Attachments
Help for marriage proposal - Page 7 Attachment
yese_v49.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(376 Kb) Downloaded 3 times
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by ohskr27 Thu 3 Jun 2021 - 13:51

Hi,

I have no words to thank you for what you have done. I don't know if doing this was a technical challenge for you or not. But for me, it has a very special meaning to be able to make my marriage proposal in this way. When I joined the forum, I was looking for guidance to do this myself (I think the result would not have been anywhere near what we have now). However, I found people willing to help me selflessly. I am moved and grateful for the help you have given me.

Thanks SePH, Edale, Conn and the guy who made the king's voice (the result is amazing).

P.S: I will let you know if she says yes. Although with such a proposition, I don't see how she can say no.

ohskr27
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Since : 2021-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Thu 3 Jun 2021 - 14:39

Conn wrote:edale and Oskar, please check if i didn't break anything and the husband monologue fits Wink
Everything seems to work fine, no problems found.

The dialog seems fine to me too.

------

The King's voice was done by ZekeHD of Sudio Horizon.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQXBWeTAtTp6-phEnXEuBMw

Studio Horizon is an anime abridging group that works primarily on Dragon Ball Super Abridged, and Super Dragon Ball Heroes Abridged. ZekeHD is the primary script writer and editor for DBSA.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 3 Jun 2021 - 15:33

Spin Seems we are done now for real Very Happy From my side there's nothing more to add, it's pretty much perfect imo - except you have another idea, Oscar. And though I am really a quite rational person I can quote
titanz91 wrote:This is freakin' sweet man Very Happy! Actually brought tears to my eyes. I hope ya live long and prosper together with your lady!
...that sandcorn falling in my eye happened to me as well. And if something like this happens even to me, she surely cannot say no Razz Piece of Heart Breakdance
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 4 Jun 2021 - 17:28

Sorry guys, had another nitpick with the Fortune Teller.
I thought he could say more, so I gave him a bit more text (let me know if it fits and spell check (I am not native english).

If you like it, the FT pcm needs to be shifted again (shouldn't be much a problem for edale). I suggest to make it like Bernardo where it is partly bgmusic and text only and partly Voice acting.

If you want to dismiss it, go on with v49 ;D
Attachments
yese_v50.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(376 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Fri 4 Jun 2021 - 18:20

If Oscar likes, I'll rework the PCM.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Fri 4 Jun 2021 - 23:00

Conn's fortune teller:

I redid his script a bit to make this one:

This PCM will work with either one:
https://mega.nz/file/eZpFhI6I#nY8-C_IvOMW1AZYvWjyBOJAUptc5m8obMIkT-ThdlgM

And here's the patch for my version:
https://mega.nz/file/bNwxGSJb#HGM5AVoJvRM2RyPf3mjbnwok0qMu0QSRiv6Iy6bGh3I

Oscar can choose whichever version of the fortune teller script he likes and use that patch.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 5 Jun 2021 - 3:12

I like both somehow, each in its own way. Let's wait for Oscar, whether he decides for one, or requests an own (e.g., mix) or something.

(btw, when do you plan to make the proposal?)
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by ohskr27 Sun 6 Jun 2021 - 1:22

Conn wrote:I like both somehow, each in its own way. Let's wait for Oscar, whether he decides for one, or requests an own (e.g., mix) or something.

I like what you have added to the fortune teller. Both versions are good and I would like to combine them. I think we could take Conn's version as a base and after the phrase "Today is maybe the most important day of your life" add the Edale script.

Conn wrote:(btw, when do you plan to make the proposal?)

I've had the engagement ring made and it should be ready in a week or two. That will give me enough time to plan everything. I'm still thinking about how to propose it. I have three options:

1. I could take her to a romantic dinner. Ask the restaurant management to organize a night with a "retro" video game theme and ask them to connect my old laptop to the television. At some point during dinner, I would take her to play and you can imagine the rest.

2. Organize a small dinner with our families / friends and ask them to help me with the proposal. (I am fortunate that we all love video games and we usually organize nights where we play different classics, especially my girlfriend's family loves the nintendo brand).

3. Organize something private either in my apartment or in a beach hotel. Very casually inviting her to play video games (again, many of our dates are spent playing video games haha, we really love this ... I'm more of an Xbox and PC guy).

Any suggestion welcome!!!

ohskr27
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Sun 6 Jun 2021 - 1:59

So this:
Fortune Teller: Welcome Yese,
let's take a peek into
your future, shall we?

Hocus Pokus....
Oooooooh...
Splendid!

You have a heart of gold,
and a bright future.
Never doubt yourself!

Today may be the most
important day of your life!

You are soon to face an
important question.

Look deep inside your heart
and you will make the right
decision.
Right?

Personally, I think the "Today may be the most important day of your life!" line is superfluous with the "You are soon to face an important question." line there; but it's up to you.

As soon as you give the OK to the script, I'll make the mods.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by ohskr27 Sun 6 Jun 2021 - 2:05

edale wrote:So this:
Fortune Teller: Welcome Yese,
let's take a peek into
your future, shall we?

Hocus Pokus....
Oooooooh...
Splendid!

and a bright future.
Never doubt yourself!

Today may be the most
important day of your life!

You are soon to face an
important question.

decision.
Right?

Personally, I think the "Today may be the most important day of your life!" line is superfluous with the "You are soon to face an important question." line there; but it's up to you.

As soon as you give the OK to the script, I'll make the mods.

You're right, seeing the complete script already looks strange. I think a better combination would be as you propose:

So this:
[quote]Fortune Teller: Welcome Yese,
let's take a peek into
your future, shall we?

Hocus Pokus....
Oooooooh...
Splendid!

and a bright future.
Never doubt yourself!

You are soon to face an
important question.

decision.

ohskr27
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 6 Jun 2021 - 2:44

Ooooh, splendid Very Happy

I now really think it is pretty much final (at least I can't think of anything more to improve)...
Edit: I found some bees under bushes, they cannot hurt you, but are disturbing. I'll remove them

@edale, can you merge the 242 into your main pcm set link and post the ~final~ download links (v53 patch below and pcm:s) so Oscar will not mess up anything in the end Razz

@Oskar. I'd suggest following. take option 1, ( I could take her to a romantic dinner. ). At the dinner, tell her innocently and by the way, that you were bored, watched some youtube videos and stumbled across A Link to the Past. You remember it was Yese's favorite youth game and say, I downloaded it and we can play it together after the dinner in your appartment.
Then take her to your appartment (in privacy!!!!), maybe she gets emotional with tears and stuff (gets embarrassing if friends/family are there, too) and at least at the credits you start kissing - and this should really be private Wink

Edit: here's v53 (built upon edale's last version), without luring bees below bushes... - you were even able to find bombs.
Attachments
yese_v53.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(376 Kb) Downloaded 2 times
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Sun 6 Jun 2021 - 3:22

Conn wrote:
Edit: I found some bees under bushes, they cannot hurt you, but are disturbing. I'll remove them

@edale, can you merge the 242 into your main pcm set link and post the ~final~ download links (v53 patch below and pcm:s) so Oscar will not mess up anything in the end Razz

Edit: here's v53 (built upon edale's last version), without luring bees below bushes... - you were even able to find bombs.
You have no idea how long I spend lifting bushes to try and find a bomb or two to test normally bombable areas for potential shenanigans, lol.

If you're playing with the bush mechanics... How about making every bush drop a heart?

Could maybe put in a few heart pieces to hunt down as well. Piece of Heart Piece of Heart Piece of Heart Piece of Heart (or a path of heart pieces to follow to the church? ending with the heart gauge being maxed out by the time you get to the King?)

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 6 Jun 2021 - 3:30

You can check with your v52:
Help for marriage proposal - Page 7 Legend11

It is random, but if it happens, it is more than annoying... You can see in HM where something is hidden below a bush (click item, then right click mouse) to remove.

Help for marriage proposal - Page 7 Image255

A bomb was here:
Help for marriage proposal - Page 7 Image256

I removed all random/bombs/bees which were hidden. Hearts are still below a bush, but it never happened that I got one (other than those bees). I think Seph disabled the hearts appearing? Dunno.

Could maybe put in a few heart pieces to hunt down as well. Piece of Heart Piece of Heart Piece of Heart Piece of Heart (or a path of heart pieces to follow to the church? ending with the heart gauge being maxed out by the time you get to the King?)
haha, I'd not make such experiments... I only hunt down bugs, and would say, everything else is perfect.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Mon 7 Jun 2021 - 3:05

I did some experimenting, and I think I can add some heart pieces without too much difficulty. I'd need a message to include when one is picked up though (atm it brings up a blank text box)...

Maybe something like "Your capacity for love is increasing!" or "Your feelings of love grow!"?

Oscar, what do you think of the idea of adding some heart pieces to hunt down? I was thinking something like putting a piece outside the door of each house with an NPC in the village, having some next to the altar in the Church, some in the room with Bernardo and the King, things like that.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 7 Jun 2021 - 11:42

I keep myself out of adjusting the game further, my duty is done (unless bugs are found of course.

I'd need a message to include when one is picked up though (atm it brings up a blank text box)...

Here's a short crash course how to find the text boxes. Download geiger debugger:
http://geigercount.net/crypt/gsd/snes9x1.51.ep10r2.7z

Then run it (it is possible that you get some error messages that dll are missing or alike, this can be solved via google).

1. load the game and press run on the debug console
2. talk to a person and open "show hex"

Help for marriage proposal - Page 7 Image314

3. Click viewing: ram
4. Scroll down to 7e1cf0

Help for marriage proposal - Page 7 Image422

Here the monologue is in 2 byte hex, in the case of the villager it is 82 01. It is reversed, so it reads 01 82. Give it in a hex-dec converter and you get 182=386.

5. Edit it with HM
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Mon 7 Jun 2021 - 17:13

monologue IDs:

1st heart piece: 341
2nd heart piece: 342
3rd heart piece: 343
4th heart piece: 344
Full heart container: 344 (is supposed to be 345, but plays 344...)

That last post wasn't "how do I add the messages," it was "what should I put in the messages?" Sorry if that was unclear.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 8 Jun 2021 - 5:37

Oh alright... a "treasure hunt" may give a special fun factor to the game, however, I would give 7 or 17 full heart containers (instead of heart pieces) if you go for it, so you can complete the row(s) of 10 or 20 hearts. I am not sure whether it is a good idea to place them below bushes (it sucks to lift every bush), but in some edges on the world map or (chests) in houses may be a nice addition to explore everything.

It is possible that 344/345 differs whether you collect it from chest or boss drop (but just a guess).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by ohskr27 Fri 11 Jun 2021 - 0:32

edale wrote:I did some experimenting, and I think I can add some heart pieces  without too much difficulty. I'd need a message to include when one is picked up though (atm it brings up a blank text box)...

Maybe something like "Your capacity for love is increasing!" or "Your feelings of love grow!"?

Oscar, what do you think of the idea of adding some heart pieces to hunt down? I was thinking something like putting a piece outside the door of each house with an NPC in the village, having some next to the altar in the Church, some in the room with Bernardo and the King, things like that.

Sorry for the delay!!!, this week has been crazy at work.

I like the idea. I still have time to wait. However, I would not like to be taking you away more time than necessary. If you want and can do it, it is welcome and much appreciated.

ohskr27
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum