NBA Jam Tournament Edition

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

NBA Jam Tournament Edition Empty NBA Jam Tournament Edition

Patches for US v2:
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/FzZhXT6I#lIRmUDOEgwBfKelzZwgPY3kWhg-yAdlp1eIFWqXfcPY
Support for eskayelle/matrizzle's 2KTE and matrizzle's Old School Edition patches included. Please review readme file for details.

SOUND PACKS
PC "Arranged" Sound Pack for Patch v1.2 (July 16, 2021) (by PepilloPeV):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/pmR31KiJ#jp7Gc4rl6GF0zDuUtXB_Fhr5PxKFCj1D00Ca972jQ2g

Arcade Sound Pack for Patch v1.2 (July 17, 2021) (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/Zn4FhC5Q#-zkj-QwEchuPsPhN0LKzq4QvIdjo7_iV51ssK2ddczU

NBA Hangtime (MS-DOS CD & PS1) (by talent):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/MrQBELRI#vcYQFNhRMA-IckUMXbcOn7vujX65XhKqAyWLwlZYW68

PSX/Saturn Music pack (by Mike Prince Sharpe):
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jxhd28i6dy48qtn/NBA_Jam_Tournament_Edition_%2528PSX_OST%2529_MSU-1.zip/file
YouTube Preview

Track map can be referenced via the readme.md file from the patch archive

Last edited by pepillopev on Tue 4 Jan 2022 - 9:04; edited 37 times in total
pev

NBA Jam Tournament Edition Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

NBA Jam Tournament Edition :: Comments

JUD6MENT

Post Wed 14 Jul 2021 - 14:29 by JUD6MENT

Oh wow, a new msu done. Congrats

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Wed 14 Jul 2021 - 16:08 by Retroplay

Nice, thank you. Smile
One thing, 2K21 v2.1.2 patch doesn't seem to be MSU compatible.
It shows the modified 2K21 screen and then just a blank screen, nothing more.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 14 Jul 2021 - 16:09 by pev

Retroplay wrote:Nice, thank you. Smile
One thing, 2K21 v2.1.2 patch doesn't seem to be MSU compatible.
It shows the modified 2K21 screen and then just a blank screen, nothing more.
What order did you apply the patches?

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Wed 14 Jul 2021 - 16:14 by Retroplay

As you wrote in red letters, MSU bps patch to stock rom first, then 2K21 ips patch.

I also tried the other way around after making an ips from patched stock rom with MSU, no go.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 14 Jul 2021 - 16:16 by pev

Retroplay wrote:As you wrote in red letters, MSU bps patch to stock rom first, then 2K21 ips patch.

I also tried the other way around after making an ips from patched stock rom with MSU, no go.
I see. The 2K21 patch removes the MSU-1 patch. I may have to make a merged patch Scratch that idea.

Now, just apply 2K21 patch first, then apply the secondary patch below it alternate patch found in the same archive (it is specific to 2K21 pre-patched ROM). This should work.

Wink

Last edited by pepillopev on Sun 18 Jul 2021 - 12:08; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Wed 14 Jul 2021 - 17:37 by Retroplay

It works perfect now, thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 14 Jul 2021 - 17:48 by pev

Retroplay wrote:It works perfect now, thank you.
Yes

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 27 Jul 2021 - 19:41 by MadK9

As always nice to see more added, ty for all your work.

My covers are all up-to date on my google drive link

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 7 Nov 2021 - 13:24 by eskayelle

Awesome!  Looks like you solved for the thing putting off so many gamers from giving the 2KTE mods a shot... in-game music.

When creating new music files, are the suggested specs 1) signed 16-bit PCM encoding; 2) no endianness; 3) stereo channels; and 4) 44.1kHz sample rate?

Anything special to consider relevant to audio file size limitations or looping?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 7 Nov 2021 - 18:16 by Relikk

Those specs are fine and what's required. 16-bit/44.1 kHz WAV, then converted to PCM with WAV2MSU or similar.

Loops are specified with samples. Limits I never tested as you rarely need any tracks that go beyond 3-4 minutes due to the seamless looping capabilities.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 13 Nov 2021 - 12:00 by pev

@ToAll Just a PSA. I left a note at the top letting everyone know that the python to exe files are safe. There is no malware in them. Some antivirus software, like Avast are false flagging them. I became of aware of this due to this Reddit post below.

Code:
https://www.reddit.com/r/romhacking/comments/qrtb1j/plausible_malware_in_nba_jam_te_patches/

Feel free to chime on this or decide if I should just go back to just providing the patch and msu file. Thanks again for trying this patch.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 13 Nov 2021 - 16:00 by pev

@ToAll After a brief discussion with Relikk. I agree to just provide the patch, flips, and a readme file. Python is just too much trouble. The patch has been updated with the original link untouched. The archive now includes stock and merged patches for 2K21/2K22. Please reference the readme.txt file for instructions on patching. Thanks for trying the MSU-1 patch.

@Conn No need to update the backup links. You know I'm one of the few that keeps the links the same around here. You know how much I hate updating.
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 27 Dec 2021 - 15:40 by youareaburd

It is honestly been a dream of mine for NBA Jam on SNES to have music during gameplay. Never knew why it wasn't implemented orginally! Both patches work great. I love the arcade soundtrack and glad you included it (PC Arranged is great too).

I also have NBA Jam Old School Edition, but I don't think the 2K22 MSU Patch or Stock Tournament Edition one would work, as 2k22 was a rom hack and needed it's own MSU Patch. Here is the hack in question...Let me know what you think!

https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewthread&t=16256

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 28 Dec 2021 - 2:32 by pev

youareaburd wrote:I also have NBA Jam Old School Edition, but I don't think the 2K22 MSU Patch or Stock Tournament Edition one would work, as 2k22 was a rom hack and needed it's own MSU Patch. Here is the hack in question...Let me know what you think!
Is this the original NBA Jam? If so, this patch is definitely not compatible. However, I did help Kurrono in developing a patch for the first NBA Jam around the same time working with TE. I did get MSU going but never got around to adding in-game court music as Kurrono had no interest to do so.

So, I just focused my attention on TE as it was my favorite of the two. Abandoning old school in the process. I left the source code with K. I may still have it but at the moment don’t recall which of my external drives contains the source code. This also same reason I have not fixed the Gradius 3 bonus level bug.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 28 Dec 2021 - 14:35 by youareaburd

Thanks for the reply. NBA Jam Old School Edition is a patch/hack for NBA Jam Tournament Edition (adds Michael Jordan etc), much like the NBA Jam 2k22 hack, just different content.

Should I try the Tournament Edition MSU Patch for it?

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 28 Dec 2021 - 15:01 by pev

@youareaburd Ok, seems no code conflicts with matrizzle's code or mine were found from a quick check. Here you go...

Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgP3JzxSpofUgSpZHaB9wdqLZ_4G

I used the demo2 patch currently from the link you provided. Let me know how it goes.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 28 Dec 2021 - 21:46 by youareaburd

Wow you are amazing and awesome for looking into it! Patch worked in terms of getting rid of default music/making NBA Jam TE rom OLD SCHOOL edition!
I did a whole game to test.
1. The title screen plays the proper PCM file music as well as the next PCM file when you select teams.
2. However, when the game starts, the PCM file music from the Team select continues to play.
3. When the first quarter ends, the correct PCM file music plays.
4. When Quarter 2 starts, no music plays.
5. Music works properly between quarters and end of game PCM.

I hope the above helps! Thanks for all the work you do.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 28 Dec 2021 - 22:05 by pev

youareaburd wrote:I hope the above helps! Thanks for all the work you do.
Based on your tests, this 'old school' patch is not fully compatible with the stock TE and 2KTE patches. The msu-1 code method I use to determine what track to play in what quarter has become invalidated with this 'old school' patch. So, there will have to be a different patch made for this variant.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 28 Dec 2021 - 23:04 by youareaburd

That is good to know! Thanks for looking into it and helping me out.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 28 Dec 2021 - 23:25 by pev

youareaburd wrote:That is good to know! Thanks for looking into it and helping me out.
Luckily it was not that difficult to make adjustments. I just needed a different hook when entering in-court gameplay. Here is an updated patch that plays the music for each quarter. Same track map applies to this patch variant. Do please test. I only tested up to 3rd quarter (cheating with save states). I prefer a thorough test. I am just not in the mood to play games today.

Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgP3JzxSpofUgSt1Q3LJDuvjKean?e=L3Nswc

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 29 Dec 2021 - 13:13 by youareaburd

It works amazing! Thanks pepillopev! I went through a whole game and went through as many screens/transitions as I could.
Thanks for all the work you do! I have these MSU-1 hacks running on Retroarch on my Wii U...but may need an FX Pak Pro now as I am addicted to these MSU-1 hacks. They bring new life to games I have played 1000s of times.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 30 Dec 2021 - 11:25 by pev

youareaburd wrote:It works amazing! Thanks pepillopev! I went through a whole game and went through as many screens/transitions as I could.
I am glad it worked out. I do have a valid question that Conn had asked me earlier today. Is this game still work in progress, not taking roster changes into account? I am still on the fence on whether this patch should be posted at the top. The word demo always scares me.

@Retroplay Unless, you want to deal with this in the merge section? Or maintain it on your archive.org page?

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Thu 30 Dec 2021 - 18:02 by Retroplay

@pepillopev
I don't have any archive.org pages nor an account there, never had. Confused

What is it I have to update in the merged section ?
I kind of lost track here. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 31 Dec 2021 - 19:06 by pev

Retroplay wrote:I don't have any archive.org pages nor an account there, never had.
Funny, I recall seeing your name plastered on a complete msu-1 set on that site. Unless, someone else uploaded to that site using your pleasuredome torrents. Forgive my confusion and assumptions.
What is it I have to update in the merged section?
The demo version for NBA Jam Old School Edition mentioned further up the posts. It is optional, I just do not see it as a complete product unless Matrizzle says otherwise. If so, we can post the patch at the top or in your merged section for NBA Jam.
I kind of lost track here.
Again, apologies, for the confusion. Sometimes my thoughts go faster than what I type.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next