Link to the Past Redux Spanish

Go down

Link to the Past Redux Spanish Empty Link to the Past Redux Spanish

Post by sub94 Tue 22 Aug 2023 - 2:00

I have been trying to use the Redux patch for Zelda: A Link to the Past, but even though I can successfully use it, I also need to apply it in Spanish, and I haven't been able to do that. I can only use either the Spanish patch or the Redux patch. It doesn't matter if I apply the Spanish patch first and then the Redux one or vice versa; it just doesn't work.

These are the patches I want to use:

I've been trying for 2 days now, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please, if someone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you!

sub94
Newcomer

Since : 2023-08-22

Back to top Go down

Link to the Past Redux Spanish Empty Re: Link to the Past Redux Spanish

Post by Puzzledude Wed 23 Aug 2023 - 17:48

sub94 wrote:I have been trying to use the Redux patch for Zelda: A Link to the Past, but even though I can successfully use it, I also need to apply it in Spanish, and I haven't been able to do that. I can only use either the Spanish patch or the Redux patch. It doesn't matter if I apply the Spanish patch first and then the Redux one or vice versa; it just doesn't work.

These are the patches I want to use:

I've been trying for 2 days now, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please, if someone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you!
Long story short: you can not merge these two patches because they are not compatible. The Spanish translation is changing gfx (like "vida" in the HUD and "read" etc in the Inventory). It also changes the names of items in inventory. This will not work with Redux. Best you can hope for is to have only in-game text in custom language on redux which is easy doable (by hex transfering the monologues from Spanish rom to Redux), but to have all the rest means more work needs to be done to merge the patches by further hacking to make a new rom (redux+spanish) and then make a patch out of that.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Link to the Past Redux Spanish Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down