A Link to the Past: Redux with MSU Deluxe

Go down

A Link to the Past: Redux with MSU Deluxe Empty A Link to the Past: Redux with MSU Deluxe

A Link to the Past: Redux with MSU Deluxe Hqdefault

The ALttP Redux MSU Deluxe is ALttP with the Redux changes, but with MSU Deluxe music instead of the regular MSU music. You will need the PCM tracks from the base Deluxe version here:
https://www.zeldix.net/t2401-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-to-the-past-deluxe

Then it is the best to copy paste the entire MSU Deluxe folder (initial one) and rename the copy to ALttP Redux msu Deluxe. All the PCMs in it are then renamed from ALttP-msu-Deluxe to ALttP-Redux-msu-Deluxe to avoid confusion and saving issues.

NOTE:
Remove the ALttP-Redux-msu-Deluxe.ups from your msu directory or rename it, otherwise the msu will not work.

Download ALttP-Redux-msu-Deluxe-(fix).ups (updated, with the forest mini glitch fixed)
https://mega.nz/file/Wk0iFLLK#J630thwhhopXRHswnj7kYIbghJy4pk5HNNnqZ8qQZH0

CRC-32 checksum of the original rom to patch to:
original rom (.smc)= 777AAC2F
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

A Link to the Past: Redux with MSU Deluxe Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

A Link to the Past: Redux with MSU Deluxe :: Comments

Post Sat 23 Jul 2022 - 10:29 by mkf22784

Hello, I don't see the .msu file included with this? Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Sat 23 Jul 2022 - 11:06 by Puzzledude

mkf22784 wrote:Hello, I don't see the .msu file included with this? Thank you.
You just use the same PCM set (ie all the additional files needed) as for the regular (non redux) deluxe version.

Go to:
https://www.zeldix.net/t2401-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-to-the-past-deluxe

and then to 3.) or 4.) to get the files. There are 2 sets, the original one and Judgement's one.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 23 Jul 2022 - 23:13 by mkf22784

I figured it out, I meant the actual .msu file. I dug around more and learned that I can just create a 0 bytes file named appropriately. I’ve always had that file included with patches for previous MSU games so I was confused for a minute haha…Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 23 Jul 2022 - 23:14 by mkf22784

Oddly though, I have games where the .msu file is like 200-300 mb 🤔

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 24 Jul 2022 - 4:41 by Relikk

mkf22784 wrote:Oddly though, I have games where the .msu file is like 200-300 mb 🤔

They'd contain data for FMV or additional data that's not already present in the ROM itself.

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Sun 24 Jul 2022 - 5:10 by Puzzledude

mkf22784 wrote:I figured it out, I meant the actual .msu file. I dug around more and learned that I can just create a 0 bytes file named appropriately. I’ve always had that file included with patches for previous MSU games so I was confused for a minute haha…Thank you.
Yes, in this case the .msu is 0 KB, since there is no intro video in the deluxe pack due to how the whole thing is coded. So it is using that for a certain song-debug, thus you can not add an intro video in this pack, but a regular MSU pack can, that's why it is 200 MB there, since this is how big the video is.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 24 Jul 2022 - 17:30 by mkf22784

Good to know, thank you both for the info!

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 4 Sep 2022 - 15:02 by GeneralMorden

Hello. Is it possible to update this patch with the new Redux version which includes the new English translation?

Back to top Go down

Puzzledude

Post Sun 4 Sep 2022 - 16:28 by Puzzledude

GeneralMorden wrote:Hello. Is it possible to update this patch with the new Redux version which includes the new English translation?

This is obviously possible to do, but I would need to do it by first obtaining the new Redux version and thus the new translation. If the difference is only in text, I can easily hex-insert the new texts into the Redux Deluxe rom and make an additional patch (this one will stay unchanged since it is tested). If there are some other changes, those also need to be inserted into the Redux Deluxe rom in such a way to not interfere with the Deluxe hex-code. I'm currently short on time, I could insert the texts since this is fast and easy, but have no intent in testing such a rom or inserting other changes if there are any (ASM, gfx, etc).

Back to top Go down