A File Bin?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A File Bin?

Post by L I N K on Sat 10 May 2014 - 8:41

I have a lot of faith in this website, and I want to help it reach it's potential. So as a suggestion, I have this idea for this website that involves a "file bin" of sorts where you have your own page to upload files. Sound like a good idea? The extension can be anything, and some types like txt and picture files just open up in your browser, while other files you have to download. Is "as many files as you want" a good idea, or should there be a limitation of some sort?

L I N K
Rope
Rope

Since : 2014-04-03

Back to top Go down

Re: A File Bin?

Post by moegami on Sun 11 May 2014 - 14:54

Just as long as you can't upload rom files it should be good. An option to make folders for each individual hack would be a great thing too
moegami

Since : 2013-07-04

http://zeniea.com

Back to top Go down

Post by L I N K on Mon 12 May 2014 - 19:31

I sort of got the idea from SMWCentral, in case you were wondering. And yeah, ROMs would be a good idea not to allow. I hope it shouldn't be to hard to add.

By the way, how can I tell the difference between Amins and normal users? I would like to contact one about this.

L I N K
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Chagmen_Lietons on Mon 12 May 2014 - 20:54

It does clarify it on the main page of the site. Admins appear in this color. So if you look at SePH's username or Orochimaru's username, that's the color admin's have on the site. I'm sure either one of them should see this post anyway.

But if you really want to know for future reasons, under the logo on the site, click on "Members". Click the first drop-down beside 'Sort by:' and select "Usergroups". You can scroll to find all Admin's/Moderators/Whatever group you're looking for currently registered.

Last edited by Chagmen_Lietons on Mon 12 May 2014 - 20:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to color two names. I like to be precise when it comes to posting a username(color is a must for me).)
Chagmen_Lietons
Leever
Leever

Since : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by L I N K on Mon 12 May 2014 - 21:14

Ok, thanks.

EDIT: Man, SePH is everything except founding members. Kind of surprised. By the way, what is "ErockBrox"?

L I N K
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Chagmen_Lietons on Mon 12 May 2014 - 22:01

I'm assuming "ErockBrox" is a usergroup mainly for the user ErockBrox. I also like how quickly the posts are averting from the topic and has turned into questions about usergroups. Haha.
Chagmen_Lietons
Leever
Leever

Since : 2014-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by L I N K on Tue 13 May 2014 - 7:23

Currently, there are only 5 admins on SMWCentral. I contacted one of them, Ersanio, and he said he can't offer MUCH insight, but said that you should look into learning more of whatever language this site is coded in, and do whatever you did to get6 certain things to always appear on users's profiles, but look into uploading files.

L I N K
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by moegami on Tue 13 May 2014 - 7:39

It would require a bit of knowledge with PHP and the way PHPBB works which might be kind of difficult since phpbb is a very complicated board script. I'm not sure exactly what SePH gets with the file hosting but you could always code a completely separate file bin script apart from the forum, though it would require registering for the file bin separately from the forum.

My friend flashwave and I could potentially code this, but it's all up to what you guys want.
moegami

Since : 2013-07-04

http://zeniea.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude on Tue 13 May 2014 - 8:06

L I N K wrote:I sort of got the idea from SMWCentral, in case you were wondering. And yeah, ROMs would be a good idea not to allow. I hope it shouldn't be to hard to add.

By the way, how can I tell the difference between Admins and normal users? I would like to contact one about this.
Roms are already not allowed (you must not post a shortcut to any roms).

Chagmen_Lietons wrote:It does clarify it on the main page of the site. Admins appear in this color. So if you look at SePH's username or Orochimaru's username, that's the color admin's have on the site. I'm sure either one of them should see this post anyway.
There is only one Admin, and that is SePH or Orochimaru (same person), who build this forum.

L I N K wrote:Ok, thanks.

EDIT: Man, SePH is everything except founding members. Kind of surprised. By the way, what is "ErockBrox"?
Admin and Global Moderators and some (but not all) romhackers (green colour name) are (or course) also founding members. It goes like this: a (regular) founding member is a special status of those who were here before public release of the forum, but don't have special editing permissions.
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by K.T.B. on Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 21:41

I agree that this is a very good idea. This could easily be used for a lot of things. I hope something like this gets implemented in the future.

K.T.B.
Bee
Bee

Since : 2014-06-10

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum