MSU-1 wishlist

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

multiple answers: which games do you want most urgently with msu1 support?

73% 73% 
[ 8 ]
27% 27% 
[ 3 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 11

Re: MSU-1 wishlist

Post by fullgamezone on Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 0:14

All the super nintendo games that have of neo geo. Put the Audio of the games of Neo Geo in the games of Super Nintendo.
Example
Samirai Shodown
Art of Fighting
Fatal Fury
And others....

fullgamezone
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Since : 2017-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by fullgamezone on Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 0:15

The songs can be found in Neo Geo CD ROMs already in * .MP3

fullgamezone
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT on Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 1:38

fullgamezone wrote:All the super nintendo games that have of neo geo. Put the Audio of the games of Neo Geo in the games of Super Nintendo.
Example
Samirai Shodown
Art of Fighting
Fatal Fury
And others....

Would playing the Neo Geo version just be the same thing? is there differences in the versions? maybe I just don't understand so that is why I kinda ask. sometimes I see "put sega soundtrack in snes version" and it makes me wonder, why not just play the sega version?
JUD6MENT
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by GameGenie720 on Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 20:49

Wrestlemania The Arcade game with the actual wrestlers theme songs would be fire!
GameGenie720
Rope
Rope

Since : 2018-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by fullgamezone on Tue 23 Oct 2018 - 21:32

JUD6MENT wrote:
fullgamezone wrote:All the super nintendo games that have of neo geo. Put the Audio of the games of Neo Geo in the games of Super Nintendo.
Example
Samirai Shodown
Art of Fighting
Fatal Fury
And others....

Would playing the Neo Geo version just be the same thing? is there differences in the versions? maybe I just don't understand so that is why I kinda ask. sometimes I see "put sega soundtrack in snes version" and it makes me wonder, why not just play the sega version?

The game itself is the same. What changes is that in the NEO GEO CD version the songs are a bit better. To export the songs to the SD2SNES is easier because you just have to take the songs from the roms of NEO GEO CD in * .mp3 and convert to * .PCM

fullgamezone
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk on Wed 24 Oct 2018 - 3:52

I made soundtracks for the arcade versions of Fatal Fury, Fatal Fury 2 and Fatal Fury Special earlier this year. Nobody has decided to patch the games, yet.

fullgamezone wrote:What changes is that in the NEO GEO CD version the songs are a bit better.

Matter of opinion. Myself, I prefer the original YM2610 based soundtracks.

fullgamezone wrote:To export the songs to the SD2SNES is easier because you just have to take the songs from the roms of NEO GEO CD in * .mp3 and convert to * .PCM

There's no point in converting them to MP3 and then back to WAV/PCM when 1:1 disc images would contain the original lossless Red Book audio. MP3 should be a last resort when creating audio for MSU1 soundtracks. Always try to source lossless files first, otherwise you're wasting the lossless capability of MSU1.

Relikk

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by fullgamezone on Thu 25 Oct 2018 - 17:41

Art of Fighting

Art of Fighting 2

World Heroes

World Heroes 2

Samurai Shodown

Fatal Fury Special

fullgamezone
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by fullgamezone on Thu 25 Oct 2018 - 17:45

King of Monster

King of Monster 2

fullgamezone
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by vacantplanets on Wed 31 Oct 2018 - 22:50

Der Langrisser with the Langrisser PC Engine CD OST. How good is this soundtrack? It wasn't used for any port except the Genesis Warsong arrangement. My favorite parts are probably the player phases 1 and 2. At 3:29 and 5:42.

vacantplanets
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Since : 2015-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by _Q_ on Sat 3 Nov 2018 - 10:06

I recently found out that Ogre Battle and Tactics Ogre were re-released for the Sega Saturn in Japan only, and the re-releases featured enhanced music (see videos below). I'd love to see MSU1 music hacks of both games so that they can be played on SNES with the enhanced Sega Saturn music.

If anyone ends up working on Ogre Battle, I recommend using the Nintendo Power version of the game (released only in Japan) instead of the official North American release. This version of the game was recently translated to English by FinS, and it has a number of great features not present in the NA release.

_Q_
Newcomer

Since : 2018-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk on Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 17:03

I don't know if the new S-DD1 core for the SD2SNES is MSU1 capable yet, but I decided to create an arcade Street Fighter Alpha 2 PCM set if a patch ever became available. I was in the process of doing a Star Ocean set a while ago that can be finished, as well.

Wing Commander link below, also.

Street Fighter Alpha 2 Arcade PCM Link

Wing Commander FM Towns PCM Link

Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by pepillopev on Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 17:20

@Relikk I doubt it is, the same applies to SA-1 core too (no MSU1 implementation yet). Still, it would not hurt to MSU them in anticipation for full support.

Magno has stated that the SDD-1 core is still buggy (the current "unofficial" files are not meant for the public yet). This includes RedGuy's fork (as majority of Magno's code is based out of).

pepillopev

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk on Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 17:31

If ever there was an SF game that needed an MSU1 upgrade, it's Alpha 2, seeing as they sacrificed the music quality in favour of voice samples. It really is quite shitty.

Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by pepillopev on Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 19:27

@Relikk I hold heartily agree with you that SF2 Alpha 2 needs some MSU love.

pepillopev

Back to top Go down

Post by pepillopev on Wed 28 Nov 2018 - 21:06

@Relikk Wow, SF Alpha 2 was surprisingly easy to MSU with spc fallback so far. I will test the beta SDD-1 core on sd2snes soon and let you know if it works. Stand by.

UPDATE: Ok, finally found a pre-compiled version. Will test tomorrow.

pepillopev

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk on Thu 29 Nov 2018 - 2:39

Good work, Pev. Many thanks again. I'm going to see if I can get my hands on one of the many arranged soundtracks, like the PS1 version when I get home later today, to add to the arcade version.

I think the SNES version combines some of the ending tracks (arcade has Ryu Ending 1 and 2 as separate tracks, for example), but no problems, I'll edit them together once we're in full swing.

I'll get to Mizoguchi from tomorrow onwards, then.

Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by pepillopev on Thu 29 Nov 2018 - 7:53

@Relikk Good news, Magno and Redguy's beta SDD-1 plays MSU on SFA2 just fine. What a surprise this is. I will finish SF Alpha 2 once Fighter's History MK is finished (almost done with Conn's help). The story mode track triggers are proving to be a PITA.

pepillopev

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk on Thu 29 Nov 2018 - 7:56

pepillopev wrote:@Relikk Good news, Magno and Redguy's beta SDD-1 plays MSU os SFA2 just fine. What a surprise this is. I will finish SF Alpha 2 once Fighter's History MK is finished (almost done with Conn's help). The story mode is proving to be a PITA.

I doubt there'll be any kind of demand for Mizoguchi, that can be put on the back burner if it's problematic. It was really just an idea because the Karnov's Revenge/Fighter's History Dynamite soundtrack fits that game more than it does the original Fighter's History.

Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by pepillopev on Thu 29 Nov 2018 - 9:46

@Relikk I found a solution for FHMK. If all goes well, i can finish this by tonight or tomorrow. Conn put too much work on this and I would like to see this through. I owe him that since he always puts a lot into these patches.

SFA2 can wait just a couple days more. For SFA2, I just need to make sure the hooks I chose are good for the whole game. Something FHMK gave me issues at first until Conn helped me out.

pepillopev

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk on Fri 30 Nov 2018 - 11:03

Here are the preliminary Arranged Alpha 2 PCM's...

Street Fighter Alpha 2 Arranged PCM Link

Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by pepillopev on Fri 30 Nov 2018 - 11:07

@Relikk Are these the same ones you posted over at the Everdrive Forums? I downloaded them from there.

pepillopev

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk on Fri 30 Nov 2018 - 11:16

I didn't post any PCM links over there. They're in this thread a few posts up, and they were the arcade PCM's (along with Wing Commander). I'll just put both SFA2 links in this post as well...

SFA2 Arcade

SFA2 Arranged

Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by pepillopev on Fri 30 Nov 2018 - 11:18

@Relikk Maybe, I got them from here them. I am so confused. I am going to open a separate topic for SF2A in the MSU development to avoid hijacking this topic.

pepillopev

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk on Fri 30 Nov 2018 - 11:18

Good idea.

Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by _Q_ on Mon 3 Dec 2018 - 20:57

Glad to see SF Alpha 2 getting some attention. The crappy-sounding music actually bothers me more than the missing characters and slower gameplay.

If anyone is interested in hacking a SNES fighter that's been seeing competitive play recently, I would recommend looking into Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S: Jougai Rantou!? Shuyaku Soudatsusen. You can find a bunch of tournaments on YouTube; it was even played at Evo 2018. I'm pretty sure the music is from the Sailor Moon anime, so it wouldn't be too hard to put a soundtrack together if you're familiar with the show.

There's also an updated version of the game called Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Super S: Zenin Sanka!! Shuyaku Soudatsusen, which has an extra character. But for whatever reason, this version of the game doesn't seem to be as popular.

_Q_
Newcomer

Since : 2018-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum