MSU-1 Homebrew Game

Go down

MSU-1 Homebrew Game Empty MSU-1 Homebrew Game

Post by Colines Tue 6 Oct 2015 - 3:07

I just finished a little project, a homebrew game entitled The Cursed Forest, which uses the MSU-1 enhancement chip.

The game goes in the same way as Super Road Blaster: A movie play along all over the game if you hit the buttons at the right time. If you mistake, you are taken back to the beginning. Haha, it isn't that original, is it?

However, the game is original with music and graphics made by me. Speaking in the music, don't get excited, it's only one song. Oh, and it's annoying Smile

The goal of the game is to escape from a cursed forest full of ghosts and demons, you are running away through the forest avoiding be attacked and jumping over pits.

My apologies, I don't have any image/video to show! I just uploaded the game and I had no time to make the proper merchandising during development! I will update the post with the features as soon as possible. =D

Size: 206MB
Files: TCF.sfc (folder)
-manifest.bml
-tcf.msu
-tcf.sfc
-tcf.xml
-tcf-0.pcm
Download:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtMUCmAL6x14iDZjuFUfTh4hI3an

Well, I guess you just need to place TCF.sfc into your Super Famicom folder, if using higan/nSide. Smile

Last edited by Colines on Sun 1 Apr 2018 - 11:32; edited 1 time in total
Colines
Colines

MSU-1 Homebrew Game Image111

Since : 2015-05-24

Back to top Go down

MSU-1 Homebrew Game Empty Re: MSU-1 Homebrew Game

Post by Founder Tue 6 Oct 2015 - 10:50

The way you describe it reminds me of a 3do game called Braindead13!

This is interesting none the less!

I have an homebrew question. Is it possible to add an homebrew to a romhack and make it load under a specific condition?

I had this idea once that if you entered a special name ( a cheat code), the game would then load an homebrew game... much like in Donkey Kong on the n64 where you could find an arcade machine that would let you play the original Donkey Kong game on the nes.

I'm pretty sure that this is pretty advanced stuff otherwise, I'm just asking!

Founder

MSU-1 Homebrew Game Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Colines Tue 6 Oct 2015 - 17:09

હેદρમ™️ wrote:Is it possible to add an homebrew to a romhack and make it load under a specific condition?

Definately yes. ;D

You see, Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure did something exactly like that:

It isn't so complicated as it sounds, taking my homebrew as example, the only thing needed to include it in a rom hack would be to create a jumping code (JSL or JML) which goes directly to the engine code of the game. Of course, before that, it would be needed to disable NMI/IRQ, disable screen and HDMA, clear a few flags and set a few other addresses.

This is indeed advanced stuff, but the real PITA of this (well, assuming you already have the other game's engine in ASM  Razz  ) would be the last steps said above, those which in other words, just means to isolate the extra game engine from the main one. Smile
Colines
Colines

MSU-1 Homebrew Game Image111

Since : 2015-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 6 Oct 2015 - 22:17

Are you thinking of putting some homebrew game as an easter egg inside of your Conker hack seph?
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

MSU-1 Homebrew Game Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down