Conker's ~ High Rule Tail ~ Public Release!

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Conker's ~ High Rule Tail ~ Public Release! - Page 2 Empty Re: Conker's ~ High Rule Tail ~ Public Release!

Post by qwertymodo Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 3:22

It's been awhile since I tried RA, but I'm 98% sure it does support MSU-1 when using a bsnes core.  I think you launch the game via the .bml file instead of the .sfc file in order to get it to enable it.

Also, +1 for posting a news article to RHDN. That will absolutely make a huge impact in the visibility of the release, because then it'll basically get its own front page post, otherwise it just ends up in the weekly round-up bot posts, and who wants that? It's fine for point releases and whatnot, but something like this definitely deserves a news post.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Conker's ~ High Rule Tail ~ Public Release! - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Conker's ~ High Rule Tail ~ Public Release! - Page 2 Empty Re: Conker's ~ High Rule Tail ~ Public Release!

Post by Mr.x Tue 1 Nov 2016 - 20:05

sumotherguy wrote:
Trovsky wrote:Most of the material is original, very few are covers/heavily inspired songs.
This confuses me. Referencing the tacklist as well as my playthrough of the game ~60% of it comes from melodies from other sources e.g. metroid, other zelda games, star wars. Do you mean you're responsible for each of the particular arrangements in the game?
I suppose I need to explain the whole situation. I'm not responsible for the entire soundtrack, many tracks are free-to-play tracks from soundcloud and such that are not mine. I am responsible for themes such as the title theme and most of the dungeon themes; however, I am not responsible for all the tracks in the game. Most of the tracks I have make for the hack are original. Does that clear things up?

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 2 Nov 2016 - 9:23

Qwerty, if it takes much longer, you can send me the ending voice overs anytime, and I'll adjust the slides.
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 2 Nov 2016 - 11:15

How much are you able to adjust them? Is there a limit, or can I just give them to you with timestamps and you take it from there?
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 2 Nov 2016 - 12:52

All I need are the tracks. I will adjust each slide separately and individually depending on the text said. I think I will not make a different length for msu/spc since the more text on screen the longer the spc version should also last to read.

Just be sure there's a small time of no text between 2 slides(fade in out), so I have some buffer.

So all you need to do qwerty is send me a pm with the dl link of your tracks, I will take care of the rest Wink

Last edited by Conn on Wed 2 Nov 2016 - 19:29; edited 3 times in total
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by sumotherguy Wed 2 Nov 2016 - 15:18

Trovsky wrote:
I suppose I need to explain the whole situation. I'm not responsible for the entire soundtrack, many tracks are free-to-play tracks from soundcloud and such that are not mine. I am responsible for themes such as the title theme and most of the dungeon themes; however, I am not responsible for all the tracks in the game. Most of the tracks I have make for the hack are original. Does that clear things up?

Yes that makes total sense. I think I could have reread what you said earlier and come to that conclusion so oops on my part. Yes your tracks definitely seem to be almost all original, once again congratulations on this.

sumotherguy
Cucumber
Cucumber

Since : 2015-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Wed 2 Nov 2016 - 16:10

sumotherguy wrote:Yes that makes total sense. I think I could have reread what you said earlier and come to that conclusion so oops on my part. Yes your tracks definitely seem to be almost all original, once again congratulations on this.
No problem. I don't really like making covers. They're tedious to make and your material will likely be compared to the original as superior or inferior. Making your own music is just more fun and a unique experience. I see making covers as a way to learn but not something that should be your entire music portfolio. Also hearing the same Mega Man II cover over and over is just annoying (you know the one!).

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Entity1037 Sun 6 Nov 2016 - 21:05

Oh, this was released! Oh, well then, I better get on playing this!
Entity1037
Entity1037
Bee
Bee

Since : 2016-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 13:15

It's been a while now, is the game ever going to be on RHDN and have a news article?

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 14:02

Behind the scenes, seph, Euclid and I fixed at least 10 more bugs, some of them even critical.
Only thing missing is, as far I know qwerty ending voice over tracks. With a bit of luck, v1.1 Will be released next week. So for all wanting to play the game I suggest waiting a bit longer for this release, which then will also find it's way to rhdn
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by xanax Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 14:13

I need some help with the level that you look like link from the gameboy advance version..the map is showing no more keys and i cant get passed the 2 key blocks..i have the main chest and everything else including the map and gps coordinates can anyone guide me or give a hint? Ive tried every room...also thank you very much for this game im having alot of fun.

xanax
Newcomer

Since : 2016-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 14:24

xanax wrote:I need some help with the level that you look like link from the gameboy advance version..the map is showing no more keys and i cant get passed the 2 key blocks..i have the main chest and everything else including the map and gps coordinates can anyone guide me or give a hint? Ive tried every room...also thank you very much for this game im having alot of fun.
Yes, this is the Vaati's crypt. I remember when I build a prototype for this dungeon on a separate Rom and how much it has changed until this final look.

SeH tricked us all here with his "puzzle" at the 2 block-keys, which I even thought it was a bug when beta testing. You see, the small key remeining is on the other side of the same room in a jar - and you can get it from the same room, in which the blocks are in, with a trick. Can you guess what to do?

Since this seemed to not be trivial, SePH then added a hint for this, but not in this room. The hint was in the room where you got the Big Key.

Spoiler:
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Conker's ~ High Rule Tail ~ Public Release! - Page 2 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 14:26

Conn wrote:Behind the scenes, seph, Euclid and I fixed at least 10 more bugs, some of them even critical.
Only thing missing is, as far I know qwerty ending voice over tracks. With a bit of luck, v1.1 Will be released next week. So for all wanting to play the game I suggest waiting a bit longer for this release, which then will also find it's way to rhdn
Good to know. Thank you for the update. Since I believe once it is up on that site, it will gain its glory, but no sooner - and of course it needs to be bug free. It is odd though that these topics are not public or at least "semi-public" as they basically contain the debug, which we were all involved with at some point for this game.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Conker's ~ High Rule Tail ~ Public Release! - Page 2 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 15:10

It's in the admin den, and honestly, I'm happy that this forum isn't spammed with quest for catalania, design issues or whatsoever.
I'm sure seph will give a buglist.
E.g. bat animation after aghanim 2 lost
Bouncing back on screen border causes crash
Feather after gliding into spikes at the border of a pit, where you fall in afterwards causes permanent freeze
And lot of more issues. All solved so far Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 19:02

- Bouncing against walls in overworlds disabled
- Deku Seed platform now green like it was supposed to
- Stormtrooper Falling Animation added
- Enemies prizepacks, health and damage types changes
- Ganon batcave event fixed (bat gfx didn't appear properly)
- Longer end screens time and msu-1 voiceovers
- Underverse moldrum fix if you move down in screen and kill him
 (if you killed him at the bottom of the screen, his head didn't die properly)
- If you fall in a hole as bunny link in Parallel Tower ruins you reset as link
- Restored Trixie monologue after releasing bees on her.
- Feather softlock when using it against spike blocks
- Vaati despawning out of bounds glitch fix
- Underverse bossrush now all respawn correctly
- Space dungeon exploits fixes
- Parallel Tower ruins swimming through walls fix
1.1 will be out here and at RHDN when its ready

Floki

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 20:04

Jupp, I think only qwerty tracks and my endingslide time adjustments is missing and we're done Very Happy

...right, Seph?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Wed 9 Nov 2016 - 20:06

Yes we should be done after that!

Last edited by Lord SePH on Sun 13 Nov 2016 - 5:16; edited 1 time in total

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by xanax Thu 10 Nov 2016 - 14:30

I did end up making it out..there was one one other problem i noticed in vattis..you can make it to the PUZZ room without having the spin attack and if you do you will be permanently stuck there until you eat the red pill to get out..not a huge deal but thought i would mention..thanks again for this game tho i just got the storm trooper suit and know where im going next.

xanax
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Thu 10 Nov 2016 - 16:12

Space would be your next destination.

Spin attack you get automatically with the baseball bat.

Hurricane spin attack you get with another object.

Does that mean you end up doing dungeon six before dungeon three?

You can also use normal baseball bat attacks for those pots, doesn't necessary needs a spin attack.

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by xanax Thu 10 Nov 2016 - 20:07

I was at dungeon 3 but never got the main chest then proceeded throuh the game to vatis without the bat thats why i was stumped on vattis until i backtracked levels until i found the bat..then realized the map wasnt showing a key.i guess i would have eventually checked that place but thanks for tje help.

xanax
Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 12 Nov 2016 - 7:26

qwerty is so far finished, but couldn't find the new tracks in the shared folder yet. As soon I have them, I will adjust the slides' times and then SePH can release. Dunno how much work that means for me to this date but I anticipate the 1.1 release to be next week! Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Sun 13 Nov 2016 - 14:00

They should be online now, I mistakenly paused the upload and then walked away thinking it had finished.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 13 Nov 2016 - 14:32

Got them, thanks Smile
I hope I am able to adjust the slides in the upcoming days!
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sun 13 Nov 2016 - 17:13

Much thanks qwertymodo!

Hopefully you'll figure it out Conn!

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 14 Nov 2016 - 8:41

Nice work qwerty, after listening, only nitpicks: Seph voice is a bit too silent, and theme 36, the music is too loud. But I am fine with it, as you can also read what's said ^^

I surely can match the times
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next