Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Page 1 of 39 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! Empty Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Founder Mon 17 Jun 2013 - 2:49

For even more hilarity.... FFFFFFISHES IN DUNGEONS :P

The best part about those, they can actually be considered as "enemies" so throwing them in a pit makes them killable!

One of the clues to the tower ruins will be: -The fish will show you the way!

The process to add those (the ground bomb and fishes from overworlds into dungeons is relatively simple.. all you have to do is open up yy-chr and a copy of your decompress graphics and copy the following parts from the overworld grabbable objects titleset over the dungeon ones (which are actually unused)! A meat object that never made it in the final game that is.

You can then add the sprites "Fish" in either water (they will jump out of it for some nice effect) or outside where they'll flop around helplessly :P
and "ground bomb" wherever you please in dungeons in plain ground (or in sand actually which fits quite well!) or under pots using the "ground bomb" object for a good old fashion trap!

Enjoy!

Founder

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Erockbrox Mon 17 Jun 2013 - 3:56

I really like the idea that by throwing the fish back into the water is like killing all of the enemies in the room thus enabling the chest to pop up.

Very neat and creative idea.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Euclid Tue 18 Jun 2013 - 8:31

That fish idea is awesome - even i wouldn't have thought of that one!

the puzzle should probably say "offer the fish to the gods" or something where you put an altar with the lava hole in it.
Euclid
Euclid

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Tue 18 Jun 2013 - 13:12

Haha, thanks!

Also thanks for the suggestiong, I'll see what I can do Razz

I'll have to find areas/places to hide those clues aswell!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 27 Jun 2013 - 14:07

I know this might sound a little funny, but I had an idea for the iphone hud.

Since the compass usually tells you information about where you are in the dungeon and I think you are getting rid of the compass right?

Well you know those bars on your cell phone which show your connection strength? Why not make that into a compass sorta.

Say if there is a secrete entrance or big chest or something important then the bars on your hud go up all the way indicating something. Otherwise you just have a low signal.

I just thought of that since you were going with a cell phone theme!

Also you know how at certain parts of Zelda 3 you get a pop up message like at the very beginning of the the game when Zelda is trapped in the castle. Well that could be like an incoming text message you get on like a cell phone!

Would really like to hear more about the different types of peg switches and how they work!

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sun 30 Jun 2013 - 22:19

There will have both maps, compasses and big keys in the hack!

About the beginning message and those when you are in the castle with Zelda, they won't be used since there is no intro part in the game! (you start with your sword and shield and ready to go explore the overworld.. there is also no rain!)

I'll show you my three pegswitches more like tommorow or after that since I've been extremely busy in the last few days and had no romhacking time at all =(

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 5 Jul 2013 - 14:27

I did a little test with the PU file and the new Lost Woods song by Potentialing.

I've tested the porting of the song into Parallel Universes. You can try this file out, by loading the game with the included SRM and then going into the right screen. And you should hear a Lost Woods song, inserted via hex, from the file posted by Potentialing.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Googie Fri 5 Jul 2013 - 20:56

I love those screens SePH, I like how the kid wears his hat like a Gangsta! Is he supposed to be Link or an all new character? Keep it up man, I'm sure the world will appreciate this hack... Very Happy
Googie
Googie

Since : 2013-07-05

http://www.googietoons.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 5 Jul 2013 - 21:11

Puzzledude wrote:I did a little test with the PU file and the new Lost Woods song by Potentialing.

I've tested the porting of the song into Parallel Universes. You can try this file out, by loading the game with the included SRM and then going into the right screen. And you should hear a Lost Woods song, inserted via hex, from the file posted by Potentialing.
This is really an amazing song! I really have to find a place for us to hear this in the game, do you have any idea where it could be used?

Googie wrote:I love those screens SePH, I like how the kid wears his hat like a Gangsta! Is he supposed to be Link or an all new character? Keep it up man, I'm sure the world will appreciate this hack... Very Happy
Thank you googie and also welcome to the forum by the way! Enjoy your stay Very Happy

The sprite in question is the same one as used in Zelda Ancient Stone Tablets which you can find here!

http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/bszelda.shtml

But yeah, that sprite kinda feels good in a modern world.. like a true gangster lol! I'm working hard to make sure everyone likes this hack as it gets out to prevent the same criticisms we had when we released Parallel Worlds Razz

Last edited by SePH on Tue 25 Feb 2014 - 12:21; edited 1 time in total

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Googie Sat 6 Jul 2013 - 14:05

Oh okay, yeah that sprite does look better in the hack. To me it looks funny lol! Thanks for showing me that link too btw. :king:
Googie
Googie

http://www.googietoons.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 6 Jul 2013 - 18:46

No worries Very Happy I've heard good things about the final version of that game! I have yet to play it myself, but then I've got about dozens of other games to play aswell that I skipped because I'm stuck with my never ending hack but I'll someday sit down and play it thoroughly as it's basically a sequel to A Link to the past in some way! (it's a shame Nintendo haven't re-released a version of it for the newer consoles and that they simply seem to have forgotten about it!)

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 10:41

I was actually thinking of making a short mod of Z3 (don't know when though) similar to BS Ancient stone tablets, bringing its dungens into Alttp. Namely, the game has 4 parts, and you sometimes want to enjoy playing, but you are time-limited. Specially the desert dungeon is amazing. While the overworld is the same as Alttp.

Bringing dungeons to Alttp, would result in a interesting game to play (despite the fact it would not have all the other asm changes as AST). Benefits would be: all in one and no time limits. Also AST has some brand new sprites, compatible to Alttp, that could be ported over.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Potentialing Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 13:23

Puzzledude wrote:I was actually thinking of making a short mod of Z3 (don't know when though) similar to BS Ancient stone tablets, bringing its dungens into Alttp. Namely, the game has 4 parts, and you sometimes want to enjoy playing, but you are time-limited. Specially the desert dungeon is amazing. While the overworld is the same as Alttp.

Bringing dungeons to Alttp, would result in a interesting game to play (despite the fact it would not have all the other asm changes as AST). Benefits would be: all in one and no time limits. Also AST has some brand new sprites, compatible to Alttp, that could be ported over.
Doesn't that already exist though? I remember playing a non-timed version of the game. They even restored the music, too.
Potentialing
Potentialing

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! Image111

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sun 7 Jul 2013 - 13:36

I've never heard of the non-timed version, nor the all 4 parts in one version.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Wed 10 Jul 2013 - 4:43

After careful consideration I've dropped the bubble cartoon dialog boxes idea and decided to insert Super Mario RPG's font instead :D

I think it fits quite well in Zelda 3 !

Also I've found this interesting part in MathOnNapkins source code!

Code:
   ; $74ADF-$74B5D DATA
    pool VWF_RenderCharacter:
    {

.widths

db 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 3, 6, 6, 6, 7, 6, 6, 6
        db 6, 6, 6, 7, 6, 7, 7, 7, 7, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6
        db 6, 6, 3, 5, 6, 3, 7, 6, 6, 6, 6, 5, 6, 6, 6, 7
        db 7, 7, 7, 6, 6, 4, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 3, 7
        db 6, 4, 4, 6, 8, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 8, 8, 8, 7, 7, 7
        db 7, 4, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 4, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8
        db 8, 8, 4
        ; Interesting that there are only widths for characters
        ; 0x0 through 0x62.... what about the other 4 characters?

.setMasks

db $80, $40, $20, $10, $08, $04, $02, $01

.renderPositions

dw $0000, $02A0, $0540

.linePositions

dw $0000, $0040, $0080

.unsetMasks

db ~$80, ~$40, ~$20, ~$10, ~$08, ~$04, ~$02, ~$01
    }

What it does basically is set the width of the font characters so it let's us insert bigger fonts then the original game!

The data for the font characters width goes from 0x74ADF until 0x74B41 in hex and the block size is 63!

For example my new data at those address reads:

08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 07 08 08 08 08 08 08 08
08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08
08 08 07 08 08 07 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08
08 08 08 08 08 06 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 08
08 06 06 08 07 08 08 07 07 07 08 08 08 08 08 08
08 07 08 08 08 08 08 08 08 05 07 08 08 08 08 07
07 08 05

Each of those digits is one 8x16 character

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P
Q R S T U V W X Y Z a b c d e f
g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v
w x y z 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ! ?
- . , ...     etc...

Variable width font, here we go :P

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 10 Jul 2013 - 18:05

This is looking nice. I also think this is much less stressfull to do, since the background of the letters remains transparent. Making everything white and possibly in a bubble shape instead of a rectangle would be hard work. This writing will also give a feeling of something new.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Wed 10 Jul 2013 - 18:49

Yeah, much less of a burden that way! I've also started editing the monologue and adding my entrances to my areas aswell!

There is still a lot of work to do before everything is complete, I'm taking a break from the dungeons and started focusing on the remaing stuff that needs to be done Wink

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 10 Jul 2013 - 19:13

Looks good!

And yeah, im glad you switched over to another font.

it just looks better overall.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Thu 11 Jul 2013 - 22:26

Started fixing my menus and re-inserted the introduction text along fixed the background... I had to redraw some tiles in my titlescreen since I had used the space for the borders and menu background. All the menu/intro graphics are temporary of course because I'll edit their graphics too! (God I love that font btw!)

I've edited all 396 monologue location so that it tells me what they are actually used for... this will make editing the monologue at least ten times faster as normal... then searching for whats done and whats left!

I'll do all the monologue in one go and won't care about grammatical errors as I'll get someone to foolproof it all next year (like Parallel Worlds 1.1 otherwise)...

Also started to add sprites in my areas, contrary to popular belief and to what I once said, I don't intend on changing all the sprites appearances.. I don't have two lifetimes to work on this unfortunately lol

I also think that my six dungeons are all nearly complete and only need fixes mostly, missing some rooms, new doors graphics (thanks spane!), new puzzles aswell on a few occasions (but the blueprints are all in my head, I just need to apply them). Also once PuzzleDude sends me his six dungeons, porting them over will be a piece of cake as if we take the parallel tower ruins for example (which was inspirated from an already made dungeon, it took less time to create/re-invent then all my other dungeons).

I've also looked at the work needed to finish the overworlds fully and there isn't much left in reality, a few fixes there and there, new gfx to insert (parallel tower ruins exterior and other dungeons exteriors)!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 12 Jul 2013 - 6:27

This is looking great. Like I said before, I will probably be done with my part to the end of this year. Regarding the gfx. I think once you manage to fix those, the game will look much better. Beta tests are also mandatory.

Last edited by Puzzledude on Fri 12 Jul 2013 - 17:31; edited 1 time in total
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Fri 12 Jul 2013 - 15:32

And I will offer my beta testing skills plus valuable and constructive feedback.

Looking good guys. Keep it coming!!!
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 15 Jul 2013 - 18:31

Excellent work Smile Believe it or not, I first now realize through watching the videos that you use the BS-X mascott (or Link dressed like him).
I'm so used to this protagonist that I didn't notice at all in your rom hacking the items :shock: 
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 15 Jul 2013 - 18:43

Thanks, that's actually the same sprite since I've opened the ancient stone tablets rom in yy-chr and found the graphics in there in plain view Wink

Althought I think I changed his hair color to brown Razz

You were probably accustomed to the sprite in question, that's why you didn't noticed it at first! But yeah that hero in question won't be Link as the original Link sprite from ALTTP will be in there but replacing Zelda, you'll meet him in some place in the hack!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 16 Jul 2013 - 6:59

Code:
You were probably accustomed to the sprite in question, that's why you didn't noticed it at first! But yeah that hero in question won't be Link as the original Link sprite from ALTTP will be in there but replacing Zelda, you'll meet him in some place in the hack!
If your story progress isn't far and you have enough space left I just had the idea to replace the protagonist (easy, similar to I did with the chest content). So the mascott plays one part, and Link the other part (universe or time).
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Tue 16 Jul 2013 - 7:52

Changing of sprite in mid-game? That would be something much interesting! I actually thought of that once, but thought it was something impossible to do!

It would be something like that last movie of Heath Ledger... The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus where Tony goes though the portal and changes of appearances many times over!

If it's really something possible, I wonder if it's actually possible to make it so that the hero wears a space suit in space areas Razz (say take the bunny graphics and make it so that you can't attack, would be normal in space!). I already replaced the moon pearl with a space suit gfx so once that you get that item your health won't deplete in space areas! That's an idea I had but Euclid hasn't implemented it yet.

Founder

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 39 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next