Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!!

Zeldix :: General :: News

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!!

Post by Puzzledude Sat 21 Jan 2017 - 6:33

Does anybody know how to fix this?
Now that you have found what is wrong, it should be a straightforward solution, since the Vitreous slime is an element. So if you open this in HM and find this element, then you can draw new gfx into it (in your case 3rd gfx set instead of 1st). But this is valid for small elements, this one is so giant it doesn't fit the editor screen in HM. Will try this out.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 7 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 7 Empty Re: Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!!

Post by Puzzledude Sat 21 Jan 2017 - 10:10

I looked this up.
No idea what's wrong here as it looks ok from HM. Room is 144. Blockset is 12. Element is FE2, filled correctly.

Also no idea, how the original game is handling this, as this specific blockset should be 4 lines, however the 4th line only is not loading that title screen line, but a completely new separate line, which handles movements (like torch, slime, rupee, conveyor belt).

This one line on completely different gfx set gets loaded as last line of this gfx set in a global blockset 12. Complex ideed, however PW has it the same as the original game, but for some reason PW does not load this complex line and is in fact loading the "regular" gfx, which is the title screen.

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 7 Vitreous-slime
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Sat 21 Jan 2017 - 11:54

As qwertymodo has said in the past, this may just be a DMA interrupt issue in the game's engine.

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Sat 21 Jan 2017 - 11:59

No, this one isn't DMA, I was talking about the original title screen glitch there. Here, I posted the issue in my very last post, it's loading the wrong animation set into VRAM (the fourth line of gfx tiles that puzzledude is referring to).
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 7 Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 21 Jan 2017 - 15:07

it's loading the wrong animation set into VRAM
Exactly.
The ironic part is, that it is actually loading the 4th line from the "regular" gfx set (which is the title screen). No idea how Nintendo made it load a completely different line from another gfx set here.

The only way to solve this is to somehow "clone" what the original game is doing here to load that new line, or pragmatically remove the slime, since Vitreous can also exist separately or on some other background (like in GoW where it is "slimed" onto the rocks).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Sat 21 Jan 2017 - 15:43

I wonder if ikari's title screen fix code might be the culprit?
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 21 Jan 2017 - 16:16

qwertymodo wrote:I wonder if ikari's title screen fix code might be the culprit?
I checked this room in version 1.1, which has no title screen fix and it has the same problem. Furthermore, the room palette 3 is loading (which is wrong) in this room in 1.1, while in HM it is set to pal 18 (which is correct). This basically means the actual room header might be loading falsly in this room, in comparisment to what is set in HM.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Sat 21 Jan 2017 - 17:15

Ok, thanks for that info. I'll dig into the trace logs and see if I can find out what's going on. Now that I know the gfx are all intact and it's definitely a loading issue, I at least have some idea what I'm looking for.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by altoiddealer Wed 25 Jan 2017 - 21:56

Well, I've been doing good so far playing through this without having to run online for help.

However, I'm completely stumped in Darunia's Cavern.

I had to draw a little map for this one for obvious reasons, and eventually found the big door key and defeated the boss.

I can't find the damn Big Chest key.

I suspect it is in the bottom right corner because it is the only room I cannot get into. No matter what combination of attacks I try, I can't kill the Armos Knights before they bounce out of the room. I just watched a Youtube vid of an older version of PW, and the door promptly opened for the guy after they bounced down. That's not happening here.

...HELP!!!!

altoiddealer
Leever
Leever

Since : 2015-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Thu 26 Jan 2017 - 0:43

altoiddealer wrote:I can't find the damn Big Chest key.

I suspect it is in the bottom right corner because it is the only room I cannot get into.  No matter what combination of attacks I try, I can't kill the Armos Knights before they bounce out of the room. I just watched a Youtube vid of an older version of PW, and the door promptly opened for the guy after they bounced down. That's not happening here.

...HELP!!!!

https://www.zeldix.net/t1065p50-zelda-parallel-worlds-v1-2-public-beta#19177
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 26 Jan 2017 - 6:42

altoiddealer wrote:Well, I've been doing good so far playing through this without having to run online for help.

However, I'm completely stumped in Darunia's Cavern.

I had to draw a little map for this one for obvious reasons, and eventually found the big door key and defeated the boss.

I can't find the damn Big Chest key.

I suspect it is in the bottom right corner because it is the only room I cannot get into.  No matter what combination of attacks I try, I can't kill the Armos Knights before they bounce out of the room. I just watched a Youtube vid of an older version of PW, and the door promptly opened for the guy after they bounced down. That's not happening here.

...HELP!!!!
Depite the fact that this is "game breaking" it is an easy fix - it is just the hex code priority for objects on bg3.

Open the Rom in a hex editor and go to address
1298B6, and
change from this:
20 18 83 12 60 38 62 36 80 18 82 18 22 00

to this:
60 38 80 18 22 00 62 36 82 18 20 18 83 12

Then reload the game and start a gamefile (no save states) and re-enter the dungeon and the door will open.

PS
qwerty also made an additional IPS patch that does the upper hex-fix uppon patching.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by altoiddealer Thu 26 Jan 2017 - 8:00

Breakdance

Glad to know I wasn't just overlooking something!

Thanks for the fix!

Found Sheik's in the process...

Spoiler:

altoiddealer
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 26 Jan 2017 - 8:43

Glad to know I wasn't just overlooking something!

Thanks for the fix!
It's going to be fixed automatically along side some other bugs in the 1.3 version, which qwerty is working on.

am I losing my mind, but was the entrance always there?  " A DEAD END"?  If not always, what triggers that area to appear?

If it was always there then I really did a good job of passing it by over and over again
The area "A dead end" and the area with the entrance to Sheik's hideout were always there - you can not manipulate overworld areas to change globaly (at least not in this game). This was not changed at all, so the original PW has this unchanged as well. However many players complained that the entrance to Sheik is too well hidden.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by altoiddealer Thu 26 Jan 2017 - 13:28

Puzzledude wrote:The area "A dead end" and the area with the entrance to Sheik's hideout were always there - you can not manipulate overworld areas to change globaly (at least not in this game). This was not changed at all, so the original PW has this unchanged as well. However many players complained that the entrance to Sheik is too well hidden.
I was kicking myself for not finding it sooner.  I think the location is fine - the message at ???s house gives a pretty good hint to it... although the hint feels a bit more substantial in hindsight.

But yeah that stuck door in Darunia's really confused the hell out of me.  RIP carted versions of PW 1.2 Laughing

altoiddealer
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 26 Jan 2017 - 13:52

But yeah that stuck door in Darunia's really confused the hell out of me.  RIP carted versions of PW 1.2
I believe qwerty was in a hurry trying to catch the dead-line of 31 dec for the 10 year anniversary. Despite the fact he beta tested, this somehow slipped into the game because of the "last minute" additional small updates.

Furthermore, this forum is generally against carting or cart discussions, however if we must talk about it, it would be unwise to permanently cart a project, which is still in developement. Whoever was in such a hurry to make carts is thus obviously at a loss.

By the way, you can play this game in every possible SNES emulator: PC, Wii, PSP etc. It works even on power packs and flash carts. There is no need for a repro at all if you ask me. (Hope this thread doesn't get locked for mentioning carting).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 26 Jan 2017 - 14:04

To make things even more complex as they already are, I released a small update of PW a while back, with basic fixes, such as Title screen fix, Shovel fix etc. I called that version 1.2. It was not beta tested and thus never released "officially":
https://www.zeldix.net/t824-zelda3-parallel-worlds-and-remodel-v1-2

So basically there are two subversions of 1.2 (my prototype and qwerty's version). Version 1.3 should solve the confusion and bugs all at once.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by altoiddealer Thu 26 Jan 2017 - 14:46

Sorry I mentioned it at all! I don't have any, I play either on my iPad or HTPC. The thought just happened to cross my mind.

altoiddealer
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 26 Jan 2017 - 15:09

altoiddealer wrote:Sorry I mentioned it at all!  I don't have any, I play either on my iPad or HTPC.  The thought just happened to cross my mind.
Sure, not a big deal at all.
As you can see, I also put the cart of my Goddess of Wisdom hack into my avatar to symbolize the general success of any romhack if someone bothers to make the phisical version of it, despite the fact the act itself is unhonorable.
Next posts can go "on topic" again.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Thu 26 Jan 2017 - 18:06

Hah, Puzz's anti-carting protections in IQ have nothing on mine!

But yeah, basically what he said summarizes the issue pretty well. I was trying to meet a hard deadline because Dec 31 2016 was the 10-year anniversary of the original v1.0 release on Dec 31 2006, and I made some last-minute changes after I finished my testing playthrough, and they caused some bugs (so far the only bugs I know about are the Darunia door and the Sky Isles blocks, if there are any more found PLEASE report them). v1.3 will fix these issues and also include a few other minor changes that I wanted to make, but didn't manage to finish them in time for v1.2, and then I'll probably call it done. People have asked if I want to re-do the dungeons, and the answer is no. When v1.3 is done, I'll work with Puzzledude to update his remodel to v1.3 (no point in doing a 1.2 update with bugs), so there will be that option for people who don't like the original PW dungeons.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 26 Jan 2017 - 18:54

Hah, Puzz's anti-carting protections in IQ have nothing on mine!
I actually removed all protections possible (exlorom format, zip compression lock alg etc) from all IQ series. I even unlocked it for further editing in HM and gfx decompression for zcompress. So it is now even more unlocked than PW.

so there will be that option for people who don't like the original PW dungeons.
Believe me, a lot of players dislike the Remodel dungeons more.

It's just how it is, we can not please the complex croud even with both versions. But I'm sure there will be some, who will see both PW and PR in the version 1.3 as something to be worth playing.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Dozer Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 19:13

qwerty and Puzzle, a small question, how do I open the Light World fairy pond? I saw in your playtest that it's in Lupo Quarry, but there is no hint on what to do to open that hole. And I searched qwerty's videos to make sure.

Zero Dozer
Leever
Leever

Since : 2017-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 19:24

You open it in the Icy World.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Dozer Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 0:54

qwertymodo wrote:You open it in the Icy World.

Saw it now. Using the superbomb, it opens Nabooru's Hole. Checked the videos and the info's right. Sorry for the stupid question.

Zero Dozer
Leever
Leever

Since : 2017-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 6:47

Zero Dozer wrote:qwerty and Puzzle, a small question, how do I open the Light World fairy pond? I saw in your playtest that it's in Lupo Quarry, but there is no hint on what to do to open that hole. And I searched qwerty's videos to make sure.
It opens automatically after you open the Nabooru's hole dungeon in Ice world's Lupo Quarry with the superbomb purchased from one of the houses in the Ice world's village. Of course the bomb appears when you finish 2 or 3 ice world dungeons.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by altoiddealer Wed 1 Feb 2017 - 20:56

Is there another key/locked door for the tower in v1.2? I'm looking at a guide with the locations of the 6 +3 keys and I swear I've grabbed them all... but there's another locked door in the tower.
Absolutely HAD to start using savestates in the tower. Geeeeeez!
Let me know, thank you!

altoiddealer
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next