Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!!

Zeldix :: General :: News

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!!

Post by Puzzledude Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 6:36

altoiddealer wrote:Is there another key/locked door for the tower in v1.2?  I'm looking at a guide with the locations of the 6 +3 keys and I swear I've grabbed them all... but there's another locked door in the tower.
Absolutely HAD to start using savestates in the tower.  Geeeeeez!
Let me know, thank you!
There are 9 locked doors in the Tower, both: dark world tower and light world tower combined. I've seen all the changes by qwerty in a form of one big ASM and there were no such changes that would involve locked doors.
So either you missed some keys, or you did find them and did not save afterwards (since loading a save state might bring the game to another state where the key was not picked up).

These locked doors are actually easy: when you enter the tower in the dark world, you should already have 6 keys displayed on the HUD. If you have 5, you are missing one (don't bother to go on in such a case). 3 keys are in tower itself.

But if you already finished the dark world tower and are in the light world tower (which I'm assuming you are), there is no way to tell what and how much you missed. In such case it would be wise to revisit all 9 keys locations and thus determine which ones you missed.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 8 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 8 Empty Re: Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!!

Post by altoiddealer Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 7:40

Thank you for clarifying- I entered the light world tower with only 5 keys...
I double-checked all 6 out-of-tower locations, and I remember getting the 3 in the tower... so I must have screwed up when reloading a state in the tower Sad

Happen to know if missed keys in dark world tower, are accessible in the light world tower?

altoiddealer
Leever
Leever

Since : 2015-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 9:15

Happen to know if missed keys in dark world tower, are accessible in the light world tower?
I believe so, since it is essentially the same tower with a different first room with 2 entrances and a detour in some of the upper floors.

Getting all keys should be easy (if you know where they are), as you only need to re-visit all of the 9 key locations (and pressing save state instead of load state, so it surely stays solved after you load state; or save it with "save and quit" into regular SRM save).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 9:46

Is there another key/locked door for the tower in v1.2?  I'm looking at a guide with the locations of the 6 +3 keys and I swear I've grabbed them all... but there's another locked door in the tower.
Absolutely HAD to start using savestates in the tower.  Geeeeeez!
Let me know, thank you!
This should solve the problems for you:
Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 8 Pw_key10
Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 8 Pw_key11

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 8 Pw_key12
Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 8 Pw_key13

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 8 Pw_key14
Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 8 Pw_key15

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 8 Pw_key16
Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 8 Pw_key17

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 8 Pw_key18
Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 8 Pw_key19

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 8 Pw_key20
Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 8 Pw_key21

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 8 Pw_key22

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 8 Pw_key23
Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 8 Pw_key24

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 8 Pw_key25

Additional note:
3 keys in the light world, overworld
3 keys in the ice world, overworld
3 keys in the ice-world-tower (also accesible from the light world tower)

Doors:
3 key-doors are in ice-world-tower
6 key-doors are in the light-world-tower

Or in other words:
best case scenario is:
-you enter the ice-world-tower with 6 keys, gain 3 in the process and are at 9 keys, until you reach the 3 doors and unlock them (you are 6 again).
-you are again at 6 when entering the light-world-tower.

Thus you need to have 6 keys when entering the light world tower (but only if you already found all 3 in the tower itself).

In all cases you should have 6 keys before reaching the final segment of the light world tower, which has 6 locked doors. After unlocking them, you are at the top (which practially is the end of the game).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Dozer Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 12:53

Well, I just finished the first quest.

The game has a well-written story and the ending is sorta satisfactory after all the work and the harder version of Ganon (whose strategies didn't change even in the face of the pitch dark).

I have some suggestions, but I don't exactly know if they will be good, whether you intended the Lanmolas and Armos Knights to respawn (though you intended to make the game like Pitch Dark: A Legend of Zelda game).

On a fair sense, at first I was quite pissed at the game's difficulty, to the point I said (and will still say) that this hack is worthy of being on the Insane Difficulty site, but now I think I'm glad that I got through this hack and played it to the end. Shit, it even got my skills at A Link to the Past at a way better level.

Zero Dozer
Leever
Leever

Since : 2017-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 18:31

On a fair sense, at first I was quite pissed at the game's difficulty, to the point I said (and will still say) that this hack is worthy of being on the Insane Difficulty site, but now I think I'm glad that I got through this hack and played it to the end. Shit, it even got my skills at A Link to the Past at a way better level.
Despite being v1.2, this is still PW, and it still has a lot of the original's difficulty left, specially Impa's ways and Nabooru's hole. Also, some light world enemies can instantly defeat you. Nayru's bay should also still be difficult (some hits and defeated, at least the player should have fairies) and going into Farore's dungeon and the ice world without Byrna renders the play a lot more difficult than planed.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by altoiddealer Thu 2 Feb 2017 - 20:26

So I just had to get key #7 - which I did get earlier, but must have acrewed up a savestate.
Got the goodies, and am now ready for the big fight Smile

altoiddealer
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Dozer Fri 3 Feb 2017 - 0:35

Puzzledude wrote:
Despite being v1.2, this is still PW, and it still has a lot of the original's difficulty left, specially Impa's ways and Nabooru's hole. Also, some light world enemies can instantly defeat you. Nayru's bay should also still be difficult (some hits and defeated, at least the player should have fairies) and going into Farore's dungeon and the ice world without Byrna renders the play a lot more difficult than planed.

And to think 1.2 was actually my first playthrough of Parallel Worlds.

Actually, the entire game makes you quite dependent on the Cane of Byrna, as even qwerty's walkthrough/let's play showed. I think Din's Catacombs should be toned down a bit. At least removing most of the pitch black, especially against the Lanmolas.

Impa's Ways' only difficulty to me resides in navigating the confusing maze, as the warps don't tell you where you will end up. Nabooru's Hole was.. Sorta like what I expected from the game at that point, but I still ended up needing a map, and when I found out the map is sorta outdated and didn't have all the information, I had to resort to qwerty's videos.

Zero Dozer
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Fri 3 Feb 2017 - 1:06

I agree about Din's Catacombs. 2 specific changes are planned. The Lanmolas will no longer respawn, and the lantern will do fire damage like the fire rod, hugely helpful against Gibdos. The dark will stay.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Parallel Worlds v1.2 PUBLIC RELEASE!!! - Page 8 Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by altoiddealer Fri 3 Feb 2017 - 7:43

I didn't find the cane until after getting the mirror... but I ended up looking online for the 6th key at the same location as well.

Isn't the good clue for the forest maze in the dark world? I get the first clue now "the answer is not in this game!" but has anyone solved it based on that? That seems so obscure.

I played without savestates (and the cane) except:
-Naboorus Hole. I didn't have the patience to fall all the way down, whenever I accidentally fell down a hole I already visited (happened A LOT)
-Naboorus Hole boss fight. I think if I had the cane I wouldn't have cheated.
-The Parallel Tower. Got tired of all the backtracking.

I thought everything else was manageable enough without cane. I didn't know where I was going so believe I found all the heart pieces as they became available - which helped!

altoiddealer
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 3 Feb 2017 - 8:20

I didn't find the cane until after getting the mirror... but I ended up looking online for the 6th key at the same location as well.
The authors never planed this, since you can get Byrna right after Guardhouse.

Isn't the good clue for the forest maze in the dark world? I get the first clue now "the answer is not in this game!" but has anyone solved it based on that? That seems so obscure.
The combination is no where in the game, indeed. Not sure what game the combo is from. But it appears this is the main problem players are skipping Byrna, as they never make it to the Secret Meadow if they don't know the combination in the Lost Woods.

I told qwerty how to solve the Byrna problem (it is with the "alternative treasure chest" which will be placed in both: dark and light world, so you can also get Byrna in the dark world). Hopefully this will be implemented in 1.3 to solve the "Byrna issue" for good.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by altoiddealer Fri 3 Feb 2017 - 8:36

In the Dark World, I think the bat guy in the cave for 20 rupees says "the combination is South, North, East... Something"

So that's when I figured it out.

altoiddealer
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 3 Feb 2017 - 10:58

altoiddealer wrote:In the Dark World, I think the bat guy in the cave for 20 rupees says "the combination is South, North, East... Something"

So that's when I figured it out.
Must be the 1.1 text revision, as the 1.0 had no such info. Good thing this text was added in the monologue revision/grammar/typo fixes of 1.1.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Dozer Fri 3 Feb 2017 - 23:17

ROM linked to RetroAchievements, after discovering I finished the game without knowing it had an achievement set there.

And sorry to ask, the game has the second magic upgrade implemented??? WHERE DO I GET IT?

Zero Dozer
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Fri 3 Feb 2017 - 23:34

Fat Fairy pond, ether (?) medallion.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Dozer Fri 3 Feb 2017 - 23:55

Damn it, how did I traverse the entire game without knowing I could reduce the magic use further? I should have paid more attention to your videos, qwerty.

(Oh, may I go offtopic here? I came to know that you're putting MSU-1 support into SNES9X. Could you do it to the RetroAchievements version should you manage it in the normal emulator?)

Zero Dozer
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Fri 3 Feb 2017 - 23:59

I finished that months ago. Not really interested in supporting a bunch of forks, ask them to do it, the source is all up on the official github.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Dozer Sat 4 Feb 2017 - 1:17

I heard that the emulator's programmer isn't interested in updating the SNES emulator at the moment. Which is a damn shame, considering your emulator (I just tested it from your RHDN link) is doing the work nicely for A Link to the Past and Parallel Worlds.

EDIT: So, on the second quest, let's say I skipped the backtracking through the Guardhouse Passage, didn't get the Boomerang and instead I used a Bomb to go through the maze at the passage's exit. Now I can't access the passage from the Guardhouse. I may be out of my own memory, is there any way back into the Passageway, or did I just managed to perform a Lost Forever on the normal Boomerang?

Zero Dozer
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 6 Feb 2017 - 8:45

Zero Dozer wrote:EDIT: So, on the second quest, let's say I skipped the backtracking through the Guardhouse Passage, didn't get the Boomerang and instead I used a Bomb to go through the maze at the passage's exit. Now I can't access the passage from the Guardhouse. I may be out of my own memory, is there any way back into the Passageway, or did I just managed to perform a Lost Forever on the normal Boomerang?
There is no way to get back. You will get a blue boomerang in the dark world (where the red was). You will thus be missing the red boorang in this scenario.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 6 Feb 2017 - 10:12

I added a backtrack in 1.3, but Puzz informed me that I was removing the golden bee in doing so, so I may reconsider.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 6 Feb 2017 - 12:00

I added a backtrack in 1.3, but Puzz informed me that I was removing the golden bee in doing so, so I may reconsider.
I actually never knew the bee was there. Not even in the original game. I found this out much later. So obviously I also never used the bee in PW.

Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Dozer Mon 6 Feb 2017 - 22:41

Puzzledude wrote:
I actually never knew the bee was there. Not even in the original game. I found this out much later. So obviously I also never used the bee in PW.

Even I never knew there was a Golden Bee in the game. Can't you just change the bee's place?

And I'll be restarting my Second Quest and do it right... That'll have to do until 1.3 comes.

Zero Dozer
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 6 Feb 2017 - 23:41

The golden bee is in the light world and requires the L2 gloves, so basically you can't acquire it until you've beaten the Parallel Tower once, at which point, it's really not going to be all that useful (if it even was before then), so I'm kind of leaning toward allowing the boomerang backtrack over the bee. Any objections?
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Dozer Tue 7 Feb 2017 - 0:10

No objections here.

Zero Dozer
Leever
Leever

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 7 Feb 2017 - 6:22

qwertymodo wrote:The golden bee is in the light world and requires the L2 gloves, so basically you can't acquire it until you've beaten the Parallel Tower once, at which point, it's really not going to be all that useful (if it even was before then), so I'm kind of leaning toward allowing the boomerang backtrack over the bee.  Any objections?
No. As the bee is not really that useful.
By the way, you are the supervisor for the 1.2/1.3, so your oppinion should be final, no matter if we object or not.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next