Donkey Kong Country

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Donkey Kong Country - Page 5 Empty Donkey Kong Country

IPS Patch v4 (12/12/2019, accelerated sfx fixed):
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/dkc_msu_patch.zip
supports V1.2 (USA), V1.1(E), (Europe+Kremlings Revenge)

Mirror Patch Download: https://mega.nz/file/1LMFHQpb#B2bGzaMmryQ6vzjXSkQv2ZE-t9CTZIxgQofK9Je6cG8

Mercurial Magic Pack:
Code:
USA v1.2: http://www.mediafire.com/?1mwepna2r49su0l
PAL v1.1: https://www.mediafire.com/?s0eqqfc435ox3x1
OST Restoration pcm pack by Sam Miller and v4 (sfx fixed) bps patch is in this msu1 package included and ready to use

PCM packs:

Donkey Kong Country - Page 5 25304-10
DKC - Original Resemblance by Qwertymodo

Donkey Kong Country - Page 5 Donkey11
Orchestral PCM pack by JUD6MENT (Update June 2023)
Mirror Link Download
Preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKzSI8srUxM

Donkey Kong Country - Page 5 Surfer10
Restorated DKC music by Jammin' Sam Miller, PCM made by NoNameSD
Restorated DKC music by Jammin' Sam Miller, PCM made by qwertymodo
Preview: https://youtu.be/J2xAM_KcSeY

Donkey Kong Country - Page 5 Donkey10
DKC - Dubstep Mix by PittStone

Donkey Kong Country - Page 5 Donkey11
DKC - Kremlings Revenge Remodel by PittStone

Donkey Kong Country - Page 5 Donkey12
DKC - EPIC by PittStone

Donkey Kong Country - Page 5 Donkey14
DKC - Chill Out Zones by PittStone

Donkey Kong Country - Page 5 Donkey15
DKC - Cool Mix by PittStone

Donkey Kong Country - Page 5 Donkey13
DKC - JAZZ by PittStone

Donkey Kong Country - Page 5 Donkey10
DKC - Retro-Wave by PittStone

Donkey Kong Country - Page 5 COVER_3
DKC - Returns by daniloroxette
Preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFfSkqQX78k

IMPORTANT SIDENOTE: DKC MSU1 and DKC MSU-1 Deluxe are two different and separate patches. It will not work right to use the original DKC MSU-1 Patch with the Deluxe PCM set and vice versa. Here is a quick link to DKC MSU-1 Deluxe
https://www.zeldix.net/t2679-donkey-kong-country-msu-1-deluxe

Last edited by Conn on Mon 20 Sep 2021 - 16:57; edited 47 times in total
Conn
Conn

Donkey Kong Country - Page 5 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Donkey Kong Country :: Comments

Conn

Post Wed 8 Jul 2020 - 12:57 by Conn

Yes, all broken links are updated. I changed all file lists as well

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Sun 25 Oct 2020 - 19:59 by JUD6MENT

I update my Donkey Kong Country PCM-1 set.

Banana Power Ultimate PCM pack by JUD6MENT (10/25/20 update):
https://mega.nz/file/K34SHCCY#O-1CcA_NAIifpobbJ6IK4Xj9VyLyCMNq3-c0TYeOA8c

Youtube Preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCNY6ymIi1M

I got a lot of feedback that not everyone like me likes the Gangplank Galleon version from Smash Bros Ultimate. So I made two versions with the default being my new one that has a heavy beat rock version and in a side folder I have the smash ultimate version. I also updated the Cranky Kong theme. Last July I also updated 6 other tracks so I have made a lot of better changes since my first release. Hope You Enjoy!

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 26 Oct 2020 - 4:11 by Conn

Thanks, I updated first post Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 29 Jan 2021 - 16:42 by cafink

It seems that Sam Miller updated his restorations last month to use a more accurate guitar sample: https://twitter.com/PrinceSamlet/status/1337445205184708608

Back to top Go down

NoNameSD

Post Sat 30 Jan 2021 - 7:42 by NoNameSD

cafink wrote:It seems that Sam Miller updated his restorations last month to use a more accurate guitar sample: https://twitter.com/PrinceSamlet/status/1337445205184708608

Way ahead of you.
I always keep the DKC Uncompressed packs up to date:

DKC_SamRestoration_LastUpdates.png

DKC_RestoredPack_UpToDate.png

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 30 Jan 2021 - 13:30 by cafink

Cool! Thanks for staying on top of this.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 20 Feb 2022 - 9:24 by Alopex

Hey, I have a query about the title theme in NoNameSD's pack, I assume it was made from the "theme_msu version.flac" file? but I see there's also a version just called "Theme.flac" in Miller's archive. Why are there two versions in the first place?

At any rate, Is it possible to please update the current pack with this version? It appears to have been worked on more recently and sounds far better, much smoother guitar than the choppy samples in the mcu version in the current pack.

Back to top Go down

NoNameSD

Post Sun 20 Feb 2022 - 10:48 by NoNameSD

Alopex wrote:Hey, I have a query about the title theme in NoNameSD's pack, I assume it was made from the "theme_msu version.flac" file? but I see there's also a version just called "Theme.flac" in Miller's archive. Why are there two versions in the first place?

At any rate, Is it possible to please update the current pack with this version? It appears to have been worked on more recently and sounds far better, much smoother guitar than the choppy samples in the mcu version in the current pack.
The file "theme_msu version.flac" has the beginning edited to feature the original SPC-Audio instead of the High-Quality-Audio.
I guess like the original Intro was meant to showcase the transition from old DK to new DK, this is meant to showcase the transition from compressed SPC to uncompressed PCM.
Though I never asked him about it. I just went with it.

It seems when he updated the theme, he forgot to also update the MSU-Version.
I’ve updated the track now myself. (You need to download the file "dkc_msu-10.pcm" again)

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 20 Feb 2022 - 14:19 by Alopex

NoNameSD wrote:
The file "theme_msu version.flac" has the beginning edited to feature the original SPC-Audio instead of the High-Quality-Audio.
I guess like the original Intro was meant to showcase the transition from old DK to new DK, this is meant to showcase the transition from compressed SPC to uncompressed PCM.
Though I never asked him about it. I just went with it.

It seems when he updated the theme, he forgot to also update the MSU-Version.
I’ve updated the track now myself. (You need to download the file "dkc_msu-10.pcm" again)

Aah I see, I think the idea of transitioning from SPC to HD is a cute one, i'd definitely keep that as an alternative song in the archive.

Thanks a lot for updating the song. Piece of Heart

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 28 Apr 2022 - 12:51 by Nintendofan4000

Good day!
I created some MSU-1 tracks of my own and added it to the DKC Restoration msu file set. I have found that clipping is occurring. At first I thought it was only my new files but even after using the pcm normalization tool on all of the files and bringing them all down to -30 db, even the base Aquatic Ambiance track is clipping at times. Can anyone help me figure out how to fix this?

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Thu 28 Apr 2022 - 15:15 by JUD6MENT

Nintendofan4000 wrote:Good day!
I created some MSU-1 tracks of my own and added it to the DKC Restoration msu file set. I have found that clipping is occurring. At first I thought it was only my new files but even after using the pcm normalization tool on all of the files and bringing them all down to -30 db, even the base Aquatic Ambiance track is clipping at times. Can anyone help me figure out how to fix this?

Maybe it is the patch. If you got pre-patched roms that download from somewhere on the internet some of the old patches had problems where they would work with certain msu1 emulators but never work with other ones.

Another guess is your emulator. Some emulator will only play some of the msu1 patches correctly. For example, i love using my Wii U emulator that lets me play the game on the gamepad. However, a few games clip no matter what as it is not compatible. For example, un squadron and terranigma will clip on my wii u emulator but not my pc or rasberry pi one.

Try this. Make a fresh patch rom following the link on the first post. Then use emulator snes9x v1.60. try both those together and see what happen. If no fix, then we will keep brainstorming what might be happening

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 30 Apr 2022 - 13:55 by Nintendofan4000

JUD6MENT wrote:

Maybe it is the patch. If you got pre-patched roms that download from somewhere on the internet some of the old patches had problems where they would work with certain msu1 emulators but never work with other ones.

Another guess is your emulator. Some emulator will only play some of the msu1 patches correctly. For example, i love using my Wii U emulator that lets me play the game on the gamepad. However, a few games clip no matter what as it is not compatible. For example, un squadron and terranigma will clip on my wii u emulator but not my pc or rasberry pi one.

Try this. Make a fresh patch rom following the link on the first post. Then use emulator snes9x v1.60. try both those together and see what happen. If no fix, then we will keep brainstorming what might be happening

Thanks very much for your response. It turns out the problem was just my emulator. I have been using Mesen-S. I stuck with it because it tends to bring out many fine details in the picture quality of games. For my Mega Man and Bass GBA MSU-1 hack, it worked fine, but as you said, different emulators can run different games well or badly. Snes9x v1.60 worked perfectly. No more sound clipping! I'll now regulate every single file to the same volume just in case my custom files are too loud and then update this post with a google drive link.

Back to top Go down

NoNameSD

Post Sat 30 Apr 2022 - 14:46 by NoNameSD

Nintendofan4000 wrote:
JUD6MENT wrote:

Thanks very much for your response. It turns out the problem was just my emulator. I have been using Mesen-S. I stuck with it because it tends to bring out many fine details in the picture quality of games. For my Mega Man and Bass GBA MSU-1 hack, it worked fine, but as you said, different emulators can run different games well or badly. Snes9x v1.60 worked perfectly. No more sound clipping! I'll now regulate every single file to the same volume just in case my custom files are too loud and then update this post with a google drive link.

Hmmm, that’s a bit weird.
I've played these on Mesen-S, SD2SNES and Snes9x v1.60 and I've experienced no clipping whatsoever.
If your version of Mesen-S is lower than 0.4.0, update to that.

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Sun 1 May 2022 - 1:21 by JUD6MENT

Glad i can help!

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Sat 16 Jul 2022 - 2:56 by JUD6MENT

I have been going through my older PCM sets and fixing any volume problems they have. This one was horribly too loud and I fixed the volume level of every track of mine. Here is the re-release of the PCM set. I also updated the first post to have the cover art match my YouTube Channel thumbnail. However, it looked really bad forcing it to be the standard 350px,280px. So instead I stretched it a little by making it 450px,280px. If this is going to drive anyone nuts to not have it be the exact length as the other cover arts I can fix that by creating a different cover art.

Banana Power Ultimate PCM pack by JUD6MENT (Update July 16th, 2022, fixed too loud volume levels)
Mirror Download Link
Preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCNY6ymIi1M

I did not update my YouTube preview as I did not change any of the tracks with this update. Just know if you watch it that I reduced the volume level to not be so loud.

Also, on a side note, I finished my DKC3 PCM set and I am releasing that in a couple hours from now

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Tue 13 Jun 2023 - 23:48 by JUD6MENT

I updated my PCM set for Donkey Kong Country with a few new tracks and volume adjustments that sound better.

Donkey Kong Country - Page 5 Dkc_ba11
Banana Power Ultimate PCM pack by JUD6MENT (Update July 16th, 2022, fixed too loud volume levels)
Mirror Download Link

Here is a showcase below

Just a heads up, Cubear and I have been working on a new Donkey Kong Country MSU-1 behind the scenes through Discord chat. It will feature a different music artist for all 40 levels and the overworld map is be a playlist of 8 different tracks. Every time you go to the overworld map, 1 of 8 different tracks will randomly upload to give your playthough a little more variety with level and map music. That should be released within the next 2 days so keep an eye out for it.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 17 Jun 2023 - 19:52 by StratosVX

JUD6MENT wrote:I updated my PCM set for Donkey Kong Country with a few new tracks and volume adjustments that sound better.

Donkey Kong Country - Page 5 Dkc_ba11
Mirror Download Link
The links provided don't seem to work. The text description appears to still be for the  previous version.

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Sat 17 Jun 2023 - 23:14 by JUD6MENT

Yes, both the regular and mirror link is taken down at the same time. However, I uploaded the wrong PCM set to the mirror link, so I have changed it to the right one. I actually upload the mirror link as my "DKC Deluxe" PCM set since I completed them both at the same time I mixed up my link posting. lol.

Here is a working link for now:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/acx2mkw3z6o19s8/Donkey_Kong_Country_MSU-1_presented_by_JUD6MENT.zip/file

However I think this link will be taken down in two days top.

Every PCM set I have released since Castlevania 4 has been removed in some form and I am struggling to keep them up. I bet in a few days my DKC Deluxe set will be taken down too.

However, all my older PCM sets are fine. I think someone is trying to report and flag everything I do. It is annoying, let me see if I can get new links. And again, if someone is report my PCM sets because they are an artist that doesn't like me using their songs I will gladly take out the music. But now that it has been 4 different sets I am having trouble I doubt it is an angry artist and just some guy report everything I am doing.

It is not just one take down too, it is always a double take down, because I have a mirror option for everything. Let me try different download services once again.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 18 Jun 2023 - 12:37 by StratosVX

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Mon 19 Jun 2023 - 15:04 by JUD6MENT

I am aware that my links are broken for both Donkey Kong Country and DKC Deluxe, and the mirror links for both. No surprise, everything I have done the last 3 months has been taken down Confused

Working to use different services. I will fix them soon

Update Edit: I got working links for both. Working to get a mirror link. Please message me immediately if one of my links are down, thank you everyone.

Another new update: My Mario RPG with all tracks done by Purple (and that artist personally sent me his music to use and gave me permission) is now down. Updating that one now. Holy crap, whoever is targeting my links, please knock it off. It is not like anyone else links are being removed.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 20 Jun 2023 - 17:13 by idaw_

Hi,

I test it on my sd2snes pro and I have a issue :

instead of the level's name I have a character.

Donkey Kong Country - Page 5 Qd0ucc

Donkey Kong Country - Page 5 52ss6h

thanks for your help Smile

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Tue 20 Jun 2023 - 17:27 by JUD6MENT

Does it do the same thing on computer emulator? Try the same patched rom on snes9x and see what happens.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 20 Jun 2023 - 17:39 by idaw_

JUD6MENT wrote:Does it do the same thing on computer emulator? Try the same patched rom on snes9x and see what happens.

Thank you for your answer

On my PC, on snes9x the game work great, i don’t have this issue.

My set up is : Super NT + SD2SNES Pro

Thanks

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Tue 20 Jun 2023 - 17:52 by JUD6MENT

idaw_ wrote:
JUD6MENT wrote:Does it do the same thing on computer emulator? Try the same patched rom on snes9x and see what happens.

Thank you for your answer

On my PC, on snes9x the game work great, i don’t have this issue.

My set up is : Super NT + SD2SNES Pro

Thanks

Knowing your patched rom is done correctly is good to know. Sometimes text and graphics glitches is a result of not taking out the header of a rom, or the rom being used is no good and corrupted, but we know your patched rom is working and it is something about the sd2snes emulator and its settings are having trouble. I do not own a sd2snes so i won't be able to help you further but i bet someone in the community will be able to answer your question.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next