Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvXwQ7GFidfhjNc_NZMvMLbMNH1NcA?e=zAnoqa

Señor Ventura "Kurrono" PCM Pack fixed
Code:
https://app.box.com/s/wk55rnomohorxp55nfuy270xd3g8bx33

ArcadeTV PCM Pack:
Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pyk11u3nug80hx7/ArcadeTV_SGG_PCM.zip?dl=1

Last edited by Conn on Tue 6 Jun 2023 - 6:19; edited 32 times in total (Reason for editing : youtube video)
kurrono
kurrono

Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts - Page 8 Image111

Since : 2015-03-22

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts :: Comments

Relikk

Post Sun 4 Jun 2023 - 8:36 by Relikk

Can't replicate the issue, I'm afraid. That's with both patches. The normal one and the restoration. It has to be something on your end.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 4 Jun 2023 - 10:56 by Jorge2222

Ok, maybe is my phone or something.
Thank you

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 4 Jun 2023 - 10:58 by Relikk

Try BSNES or another version of Snes9x.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Mon 5 Jun 2023 - 16:14 by Relikk

Actually, I can confirm this bug...

And yes, it doesn't seem to happen with any of the other weapons, so whatever SFX is tied to the axe is what's triggering it, maybe? I was using BSNES in RetroArch, but it was also with the restoration patch and ArcadeTV's PCM pack. So, no save state, unfortunately. Unless there's a way to use RetroArch save states with BSNES Plus, I don't know.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 5 Jun 2023 - 17:29 by Jorge2222

With both bsnes and snes 9x I get the same problem.
I already tried snes 9x 2005 plus and bsnes hd beta. The first does not support msu1 and the other is absurdly slow.
I tried my mom's old pc but there the retroarch goes horrible even with nes emulators because the mesen has no audio and when changing the audio driver to wasapi it sounds horrible.
Is it a problem with my device or is it a bug that needs to be fixed?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Mon 5 Jun 2023 - 17:31 by Relikk

It's a bug. You can see from the video above that it happened to me eventually.

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Mon 5 Jun 2023 - 17:57 by Cubear

i've got some time, i can look into this. probably just an input to $2004 that isn't being filtered out properly

also, mesen is a decent emulator for testing on since it has a very fully featured debugger and is dead simple to set up and use, i'm actually considering switching to it for all of my debugging, just from how nice it is to work with

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 5 Jun 2023 - 18:10 by Jorge2222

Ok thank you very much you are the best

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 5 Jun 2023 - 18:19 by Jorge2222

In fact I have found other errors like this in other msu1 projects such as the aforementioned error in final fantasy iv ultima.
I think I've encountered other bugs but I'd have to play them again.
I'm sorry but do you know if the msu1 projects of super game boy are compatible with other patches like pokemon because I understand that as long as the rom does not return a game boy color game will not be a problem.
Sorry if I talk a lot is that I have many doubts and do not know people with whom I can talk about these issues.
Do you know if there is any forum in zeldix about doubts and suggestions or if I can collaborate in something?

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Mon 5 Jun 2023 - 19:01 by Cubear

bug reports for games go into their individual threads. for collaboration or ideas, try posting in MSU1 general discussion

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 5 Jun 2023 - 19:20 by Jorge2222

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Mon 5 Jun 2023 - 23:07 by Cubear

so yeah, the upgraded axe's sound sends information along the same hook as the stage 4 boss music. i've filtered out that sound's index number from passing through MSU1 and will issue a new patch zip shortly

edit: updated the first post with a new patch

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 6 Jun 2023 - 6:21 by Conn

Thanks for saving my day from headaches, cubear... It's always a pain when oldtimer patch bugs pop out and I have to setup, play to the place and see what's wrong Spin

In fact I have found other errors like this in other msu1 projects such as the aforementioned error in final fantasy iv ultima.
Best is you make a video of the bug when it pops up and post it. There's nothing we can do if not specified.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 6 Jun 2023 - 9:02 by Relikk

Cubear wrote:so yeah, the upgraded axe's sound sends information along the same hook as the stage 4 boss music. i've filtered out that sound's index number from passing through MSU1 and will issue a new patch zip shortly

edit: updated the first post with a new patch

It seems fine. I've looped back around to stage 2 with no issues so far, although I only got the axe once and it was a different stage, but the music didn't cut out. It's usually a weapon to avoid anyway, because it's a bit shit, so maybe that's why the bug went undiscovered for a while.

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Tue 6 Jun 2023 - 11:08 by Cubear

Conn wrote:Thanks for saving my day from headaches, cubear... It's always a pain when oldtimer patch bugs pop out and I have to setup, play to the place and see what's wrong Spin

you're very welcome.  this one was a bit of a pain to replicate because it's not the axe, it's the upgraded axe, which requires an armor upgrade + the RNG drop of an axe etc.

Relikk wrote:
It seems fine. I've looped back around to stage 2 with no issues so far, although I only got the axe once and it was a different stage, but the music didn't cut out. It's usually a weapon to avoid anyway, because it's a bit shit, so maybe that's why the bug went undiscovered for a while.

it's still not the worst weapon, there are a lot of awful weapons in this game Very Happy

Back to top Go down

ArcadeTV

Post Tue 6 Jun 2023 - 12:45 by ArcadeTV

I'm very happy this was taken care of.
A heartfelt THANK YOU for this.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 6 Jun 2023 - 19:16 by landstalker

Also huge thanks for this fix.

One note: For me the non-restoration patch leads to a malformed header after patching. You can see this by entering Advanced SNES ROM Utility (I use v0.9.7) by checking Title and ROM information (the utility shows an exeption message after loading the patched ROM). Could you take a look on it? Thank you in advance.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 7 Jun 2023 - 4:56 by Conn

that's only the checksum. Nothing to worry. If it annoys you, try this:
https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/1638/

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 7 Jun 2023 - 11:40 by landstalker

Thank you Conn for the proposal with the checksum. I believe, it's not just the checksum. The whole ROM information gets corrupted (title, region, version, ROM type, SRAM-info, Speed, size information etc.). Advanced SNES ROM Utility not even let me fix the checksum (ucon64 does).

I Posted the issue, because the issue makes it impossible to convert the rom into another format (e.g. smc) or to apply other patches on top. It's not a gamebreaker, as the patched sfc works despite the issue and patch for the Restoration works flawlessly in general so sorry for bothering you too much with this one.

EDIT: Just for clarification reasons: I did not ask for any knowledge transfer as my post is not about applying a bps patch or s.th. similar.
I really appreciate Cubears effort and fix as ist is and won't post any forther test results.

Last edited by landstalker on Wed 7 Jun 2023 - 12:23; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 7 Jun 2023 - 12:12 by Conn

your problems are basic, and I would advice to get your knowledge elsewhere than in this thread, for example a bps patch cannot be applied when ips applied prior (I assume that is your problem). Also checksum/extension etc. doesn't affect the rom working. Please post here only if you find further bugs with the patch.

Convenience problems should be asked in general/other forums. Thank you Smile

Back to top Go down

Cubear

Post Wed 7 Jun 2023 - 18:23 by Cubear

probably what happened was i forgot to expand the rom before applying ASM.

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8