Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 7 Empty Re: Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7

Post by Erockbrox Thu 8 Feb 2018 - 22:09

I finally figured out where this was from. I still haven't played any pokemon games ever.

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 7 Xik909B
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 7 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 11 Feb 2018 - 2:53

Okay, update again.

Here is a video showing my fix for the overworld area which had the sprite overlay.

The main reason for wanting to slightly redesign this was only because I wanted to dash continuously from one door entrance to the next door entrance without crashing into walls.

In Seph's design you could do this, but it was very difficult. While Seph's design is okay if you only play the game a few times, but if you are a speed runner and are going to play the game hundreds of times then my version may suit your preferences better since I am going for ultra polished.

Here is my remaining list:

- Improve Earthquake item graphic
- Koldstare drop weapon redraw
- Gear shaft remove
- Possibly add message tile
- Possibly redraw Zelda's tileset
- Dessert hammer splash bug fix
- Reinsert the stair tiles in SM64 castle

As you can see my "Erock version" is almost done. But I still need some help on some things. All of the graphics besides Zelda's tileset have already been sent to the artist and I am waiting on him. Actually I just sent him a reminder e-mail about this.

What I need to focus now on are these two things:

- Apply dessert hammer bug fix, so that the splash doesn't happen on the sand in the dessert area.

- Re apply the hammer bug in the SM64 castle. We got rid of the stairs in exchange for no splashing with the hammer. But actually I like having the stairs there.

So I need some help on these two items, because I really don't know how to approach these things. Thanks.

Last edited by Erockbrox on Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 5:45; edited 2 times in total
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 11 Feb 2018 - 7:18

You mean that fix we already figured out ages ago?

3. Try this: change
0d/f1a0: 01 -> 09 (will make splash in shallow water then)
0d/f3d8: 09 -> 01 (won't make splash on dry land then)

open your rom in a hex editor, press ctrl-G, search 0xdf1a0
You find the byte 01. Change it to 09, for desert bug fix.
Make the same search for 0xdf3d8, but change the 09 to 01 then.
Conn
Conn

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 7 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sun 11 Feb 2018 - 7:25

- Apply dessert hammer bug fix, so that the splash doesn't happen on the sand in the dessert area.
This was already fixed by Conn, when he found out the location of the valuable table, which has all the info on middle tiles properties. So the original properties for this tile were "shallow water" and SePH build sand on these tiles, so the property must then change to "normal= walkable". However these tile properties can only be edited in hex (not in HM or any other way).

- Re apply the hammer bug in the SM64 castle. We got rid of the stairs in exchange for no splashing with the hammer. But actually I like having the stairs there.
This was already done too. But I had Conker v1.25 when I made this and I'm not prepared to work further on the Conker, so if it doesn't work on later versions or your version, I'm not fixing this again.

Revert M64-castle splash for Conker hack IPS (brings things back the way they were)
http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=5257

Invert M64-castle splash for Conker hack IPS (brings in my splash-fix while removing the stairs slow-walk effect, because of lack of tiles), this is obsolete, since now we can just use Conn's method by manipulating that valuable table and fix the splash bug easily in SM64 castle as well
http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=5258
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 7 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 11 Feb 2018 - 7:37

I'm not sure if the hookshot grabbling on tree stumps bug reappears then again when applying Puzz revert bug fix, so that you can again hookshot through the barrier - At least I think this was the reason I didn't apply it.
Try maybe first, whether the 2 byte changes I posted above brings you forward and if not apply Puzz' revert patch, but check Ganon's shortcut treestump and change it if necessary in HM.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 12 Feb 2018 - 18:40

Okay, got the remaining pieces of artwork from the guy.

Funny how he removed the shaft alright. I didn't actually need the upper part but oh well.

Also the crystal blue things, those are the boss weapon drops for the Khold Stare Boss in the Parallel Tower.

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 7 Ejt959n

As with any of the graphics, feel free to use them in the other conker version as well if you like.

Also I didn't know those were hex edits. I will work on that next.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 13 Feb 2018 - 1:34

Thanks for sharing, but I those changes are too little to touch the game again imo. The earthquake tile pretty much looks identical, I do not care much about the clocktower bg tiles and the kholdstare looks great, but too much effort for too little gain to edit the rom only because of this.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 1:54

Okay, so I got going on the last remaining things for the game. Everything was going pretty good too.

Then while testing I came across something....

I exited the Mac area and then I got stuck in a wall.

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 7 Let87rJ

I have always tried to be very careful when editing this game and I don't remember doing any edits like this. The player is basically just stuck.

The bad thing is, that I don't know where this room is located in Hyrule Magic.

I'm like 99% done with my version and I really don't want anything getting in the way of this.

Does anyone know the HM room number and does anyone know what this is and how to fix it. Thanks.

Here is also a video.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 4:55

room dec 129. You can also check the rooms by playing in a debugger like geiger. Play to this room, click show hex, ram and check $A0. Here you find 81 (hex) which is 129
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 5:22

^ Thanks Conn, there are some rooms when viewed in HM that are totally blank, but apparently if you choose a different setting then all of a sudden you can see the whole level. I always found this strange.

I have a version of geiger's debugger, but it keeps on crashing on me whenever I use it and I don't really know how to use it despite me trying several times to understand it over many years.

Also Conn, your hex edits worked perfect. That is amazing!

Okay, everything is basically done now except for one last thing.... the stairs in the Super Mario 64 castle interiors.

Puzzledude you said you have a fix for this?

"Revert M64-castle splash for Conker hack IPS (brings things back the way they were)
http://acmlm.kafuka.org/uploader/get.php?id=5257"

I'm slightly afraid to use these things sometimes since I don't want unintended consequences.

I think you said that I could alternatively look at an older version of conker and check the stairs to see how the were done.

I don't mind any method as long as it works really.

So yeah, the stairs restore is basically the only thing left. I could also do an updated version of Zelda's tileset, but this is a pipe dream right now and would take a while to actually get all the artwork for her to be redrawn.

So basically as soon as I can do the "stair fix" I'm done with my version and I will release it here.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 5:32

What is this "stair fix" actually? You should in any case make a security copy of your rom before applying the reverse patch and then check the stuff out. E.g., you should be able again to hookshot through the electric barrier at Ganon and such.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 5:48

"What is this "stair fix" actually?"

We removed the slow down effect of the stairs in the Super Mario 64 castle indoors areas. Currently you can walk up and down the stairs with no slowed down walking speed.

I actually prefer (want and desire) the slow speed when Conker walks up the stairs. So this is how I want it in my version.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 20 Feb 2018 - 5:21

Hey, guys. I was pretty burnt out the last few days so I hadn't made any progress.

But now I'm feeling a little better. I should be done soon once I figure out this star issue.

Also I noticed something else that I want to change. It's the clock tower painting in the sm64 castle interiors. I think the painting is upside down with the gears. I might flip it right side up.

Seph originally inserted the gears upside down and then later changed them but he never changed the original painting.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 25 Feb 2018 - 4:21

Okay, I'm still working on finishing this thing. It seems as if its taking forever and that this is a never ending dream.

I will probably do two releases.

1) The current version

2) An version with Zelda's graphics updated

The reason for this is because I know that redrawing and inserting Zelda's new graphics will be a pain.

My question to the community is... How can I change the colors (color palette) of Zelda? I don't think I will keep the current colors of her. I've never had to change colors before on any of the graphics so I'm lost on that aspect.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 25 Feb 2018 - 6:04

Zelda is uncompressed at 0x140000
(just load the rom in yy-char)
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sun 25 Feb 2018 - 8:35

My question to the community is... How can I change the colors (color palette) of Zelda? I don't think I will keep the current colors of her. I've never had to change colors before on any of the graphics so I'm lost on that aspect.
Why would you want to change this GFX. You are playing as Zelda for a couple of minutes in the game. Also, editing pals of the main sprite can cause a lot (and lot) of problems, as I've recently seen trying to finalize the Minish Cap Zelda sprite hack and the entire left part of the pals were reused on multiple other sprites across the entire game. The Conker hack is even using multiple main sprites which have multiple pals, so it is a question how to handle this. No idea how SePH has done this. Since you would need as much pal hex data blocks as there are new main sprites, yet the game is by default loading the area 0DD308 (ALTTP) for this (note: the address is probably different in Conker).

On the other hand you should be able to use all 16 colours that this sprite currently has, and change the sprite in YYchr with currently available colours.

Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 17 Mar 2018 - 6:49

Okay guys, so I'm VERY VERY VERY close to finishing my version. But the thing is.... its like I'm getting cold feet or having anxiety or something and I can't explain it.

All I have to do is like 2 things and I'm done, but I haven't worked on it lately. It's as if I'm afraid of finishing it or something. This has been literally a journey of 10 years in the making for me.

Anyway, I need some motivation and encouragement for the final stretch on finishing this.

I think what it is, is that I've had to learn so many new skill sets and I've reached a point where I just can't learn any more things. If the last things I had to finish were things I knew how to do I'd be done, but no I have to learn NEW things to accomplish them.

I will probably pass on changing zeldas graphics for now. The game feels like a NEVER ENDING GAME at this point. I need to finish this up so I can end this CHAPTER in my life and more on to other challenges.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 17 Mar 2018 - 15:53

No need to change Zelda's gfx if you ask me, just do everything else planned and finish the game.

Those players who disliked the Conker hack will dislike this version anyway, since it appears they had a major problem with dialogues and I don't think you changed those.

What's importaint is what everyone is pleased with regarding this hack. I had no problems with the initial release, you did, thus you made your own version.

If anyone has a problem with dialogues/monologues, they can rewrite them as they like.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 17 Mar 2018 - 16:34

If anyone has a problem with dialogues/monologues, they can rewrite them as they like.
I sincerely doubt that. Euclid's Monologue movement requires some deeper skills. Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 18 Mar 2018 - 15:59

So there was this.

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 7 TKhVtVG

Originally I was thinking that the perspective was incorrect and so I was going to flip it and fix it. Unfortunately its not as easy as just flipping the tiles in yychr or HM because some tiles have both the image and the painting frame in them at the same time.

So these gears are upside down compared to the gears that are in the actual level. So again my first thought was that seph accidentally inserted these wrong side up and never noticed.

But now that I'm looking at them again, maybe he flipped them this way to make the perspective work because the gears are not on the floor like in the actual dungeon, but rather on the walls... so the perspective is flipped.

So I was originally going to flip them, but I think seph is right here so now I won't. However if you look closely in the painting, there is this blue odd color that looks like it was supposed to be colored black, but glanced over without noticing that it was wrongly colored. So I WILL fix this!

But see, here is the whole strange thing about this. Originally in the gear dungeon seph actually had these gear tiles FLIPPED! He later changed them because of the odd perspective. So I don't know if the painting was just flipped because seph originally inserted them like this but then changed them because it looked odd, but then for whatever reason didnt change them on the painting. So who knows!

This is what it looks like if it IS flipped.

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 7 NpzbaTM

Let me know what you think about this. If it looks better flipped or not. Hmmmm decisions... decisions.... Of course I did this in photoshop in like 2 seconds where as it will take me a while to actually do in the game with yychr.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 18 Mar 2018 - 18:19

Flipped surely looks more correct, but honestly, I never recognized this, and with me no other except you. Means, though it looks better and more correct when flipped, nobody will care I guess Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 18 Mar 2018 - 19:26

Conn wrote:Flipped surely looks more correct, but honestly, I never recognized this, and with me no other except you. Means, though it looks better and more correct when flipped, nobody will care I guess Very Happy

LOL, Conn we all know that I am the official nitpicker.

Also I did Puzzledudes SM64 stars revert and it seemed to work perfectly! I'm super happy for this. Thanks for that patch!

Now, I think all I have left is that painting flipping thing and that's it. I will be DONE!

Of course I will still play the game a few times to see if there are any final touches that I need to do.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 18 Mar 2018 - 22:46

alright getting ready for the y-flip

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 7 EOBCE6s
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 18 Mar 2018 - 23:59

Okay so immediately, I'm running into problems.

1) I can't seem to find all of the pieces in ALLGFX.bin
2) Are there also pieces in conker.sfc?
3) Are some of these tiles the same damn tiles in the clocktower dungeon and they are just "shared" here too?

Also it looks like Seph made a mistake with all of these paintings (levels). The last bottom row of the painting frame is gray, but really I believe it should be transparent. Take a closer look and see for yourself.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 19 Mar 2018 - 9:33

1) I can't seem to find all of the pieces in ALLGFX.bin
They are there. But the frame is in the sprite region, and hard to find/see.

2) Are there also pieces in conker.sfc?
No.

3) Are some of these tiles the same damn tiles in the clocktower dungeon and they are just "shared" here too?
No they are not, it's a different gfx set for indoors.

Also it looks like Seph made a mistake with all of these paintings (levels). The last bottom row of the painting frame is gray, but really I believe it should be transparent. Take a closer look and see for yourself.
Easy fixable. In the gfx set with the big star statue, there are 4 tiles, indeed SePH forgot to make the outer line transparent. This can only be done in YYchr and it is a gfx edit.

There is a much easier solution to your problem. It's a simple 16x16 tile redrawing/refilling, since these 32x32 tiles seem unique, so do the 16x16. Also not shared with indoors, so you simply redraw the 16x16 tiles to bring the most lower row most up etc, however all tiles must now have a +Y flip checked. Some of them are already X flipped from the gfx, so you now need X and Y flipped on some of them for instance.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next