qurter, half, half, quarter,
vertical half, whole, whole, vertical half
vertical half, whole, whole, vertical half
qurter, half, half, quarter,

Which basically means redrawing 16 tiles:
4 of them only 1 small tile (quarter) is changed
8 of them 2 small tiles (half) is changed
4 of them all 4 small tiles (whole) is changed

All 16 tiles which are 16x16 were unique before to make this picture and remain unique now. Gfx remains the same, pals as well (no YYchr edits).
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 8 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 8 Empty Re: Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7

Post by Puzzledude Mon 19 Mar 2018 - 15:19

Success
Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 8 Conker10
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 19 Mar 2018 - 15:23

Fixing the lower part of the picture frame= not so easy.
Once you make the gfx transparent, the layer underneath is not drawn, thus you see a part of the X squares, ie undrawn wall. Thus you need to additionally draw insert these tiles, which is not recomended, since you don't have space anymore.

Best solution to this problem (if you still want to solve it), is to make the frame more big, so that it covers the entire section and thus the frame is straight and larger around the entire picture. Current situation is very complex, since a part of the cloud-wall is redrawn on the second BG, you can see that if you remove some layers when near a picture.

Transparent reveals X elements
Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 8 Conker11

A copy of the cloud-wall on BG-2 is not drawn to the bottom
Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 8 Conker12
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 20 Mar 2018 - 3:47

Although, I approach would most likely work, yours is much more elegant and I can't believe that I didn't think of this.

Well, I kind of did, but once I saw that the tiles had the picture frame in them it seemed to become more complicated than I thought. Combine that with my little HM knowledge and there you go.

My approach was going to be to take the old and new images, overlap them in photoshop and then mark out the correct tile grid and carefully transfer one old tile out with the new tile one by one in yychr.

And now that I'm thinking of this... so the picture frame is a sprite? Wow, didn't know. If it's a sprite then I guess using HM with the Y flips and location moving should do the trick then because the sprite picture frame is always has priority over the tiles.

And yeah, it seems seph was okay with his approach with the bottom part of the frames. It was the best compromise that he could think of and doesn't need correcting.

I will have to study your notes a little more tomorrow and try out that method!
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 8 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 31 Mar 2018 - 2:20

OMG puzzledude, I really wish you had just created a patch that only address this painting flipping.

This had been on my TO DO list ever since you figured out how to do it and this is literially basically the very LAST thing I need to do to complete my version.

ALRIGHT, motivation time! I'll take a shot at it right now. Gosh damn this game. I swear that I'm trying to finish my version for real.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 3:28

OMG, I DID IT! I flipped the painting!!!

I had never really messed with the 32x32 editor or 16x16 editor before so it was all new to me and hard to understand at first.

Okay, so now I believe that I am 99.99% done with my version. There are just a few small things I need to double check and then I will play my version a few more times to beta test it and then I will submit it here.

Thanks to puzzledude for the debug instructions since it would have been a little bit harder with out them.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 5:32

Just posting here to remind myself. I need to test Conns jukebox thing in his dev hidout to make sure that works.

[edit] yes i applied conns patch and the jukebox works. This is actually pretty damn sweet. Also I think we set a record here. I can't remember any snes game which had 102 tracks. This hack might have more tracks than any snes game ever made. MSU1 is kind of cheating but who cares.

Also this is a super tiny nitpick, but I'm curious. The SM64 castle floor, if you look on the right it seems as if there are missing white tiles, but if you look on the left (red circle) the small white tiles are there. I wonder if this was a mess up or intentional. I most likely wont change it though.

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 8 PZVvqzP

Last edited by Erockbrox on Tue 3 Apr 2018 - 0:24; edited 1 time in total
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 2 Apr 2018 - 6:46

Okay so I finally did a beta test run on real hardware and found some more stuff I have to do.

This isn't major or anything though just some small touch ups.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 4 Apr 2018 - 4:07

So I think I found some things. Seph did a good job on the hack, but I think he messed up on some of the cloud pieces.

It's not just one case, but happens a several times in the cloud (garden of Eden) dungeon.

For example, under certain animation frames some of the cloud connections look odd. I'm assuming that we just never caught these. I will also be fixing these too in my version.

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 8 7WGliHm
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 5 Apr 2018 - 18:51

Okay well I looked into the cloud graphic thing and this happens in very specific places when an angled cloud graphic meet a vertical cloud graphic. I tried, but nothing can be done to fix this without changing the graphics set.

I will now work on polishing up and last bits of stuff and work on that.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Fri 6 Apr 2018 - 20:31

Okay, remember those doorways that I was trying to fix because the character could get caught on them. Well now I have to fix some of them because conkers sword or tail now has priority over the door graphic and so I will be looking at how Seph originally designed his doorways in his version and reapply that to mine.

I thought I was going to make a better door, but Seph's design really is the best that the game allows for. So that I what I am doing now. It's almost done.

All major things are finished its just small stuff now.

But really the hardest things to work on are..... the things you don't even know how to do....
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 16:26

Puzzledude wrote:Those players who disliked the Conker hack will dislike this version anyway, since it appears they had a major problem with dialogues and I don't think you changed those.
Agreed. I feel there's no point lingering this project forever if you don't intent on fixing the number one complain, the lack thereof of an ''original'' story. Ninety five percent references and copy/pasted dialogues from other games don't make up for a good story... I think I got it now, I should really have invested a buck or two in a story writer (or pay Conn to write more original funny lines lol). Unfortunately its too late for me, I've had enough of this game, but maybe you'd be interested in giving it a shot!

Still, that's just my own personal point of view, good luck with the rest of your endeavors Erock Smile

Floki

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 8 Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 16:50

pay Conn to write more original funny lines lol)
Better not, I can be quite cynical if I want to "rather sh*g toad" e.g.
Razz hope this doesn't bring fantasies Smile
Your monologues are well done imo, also I copied your creative way of including sfx, e.g. the new kokaakola fountain monologue in 1.8.
I think it's maybe too much insider knowledge, people have problems with, like I never watched dr. Who and am not familiar with your ice hockey team and the mascot until smash cleared me up. In the end I also understood why you put derpy (mascot) there. Nice take, If you know that Very Happy

Unfortunately I think the monologue move is out of reach for erock, also I had to ask Euclid 2 times how to do, despite his tutorial... and I also have no energy left to help further on this game
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 18:51

I feel there's no point lingering this project forever if you don't intent on fixing the number one complain, the lack thereof of an ''original'' story. Ninety five percent references and copy/pasted dialogues from other games don't make up for a good story.

Despite all my nitpicks, I never personally had a problem with the story. And actually I think you Seph did a good job coming up with funny dialogs. My main complaint was certain graphics and gameplay or game design.

Overall the game is actually pretty darn good in my opinion. The problem was that I always envisioned this game being one of the best games ever made. So I set the bar really really high and unfortunately this just frustrated my team mates.

But remember all of my nitpicks? Yeah, I actually addressed them in my version so when I wrote up lists of hundreds of things to do.... I wasn't joking and I am seriously overly passionate about this project.

My version is not to please anyone other than myself as this is a very personal endeavor. I need to be happy with the game an order to have peace of mind and to feel like I really did accomplish my original dream of making the BEST ZELDA 3 HACK EVER MADE!!!

With that being said I should be done with this version VERY SOON!
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 8 Apr 2018 - 18:18

>if I'm ever tempted at doing my 2.0 version
Disgust
*lol, weren't you involved with a project by superskuj, with a spacestation and such? This one looked promising... is it dead or are you still working on it?

@Erock: There were times during beta testing where I questioned your overall sanity with this game...like when you broke the camera in that resident evil dungeon for exemple: https://youtu.be/-2cA2XUBQvk?t=199
That video made my day Very Happy
It's even funnier than that one where Erock wrote with a marker pen on his TV screen to solve a puzzle Smile

Last edited by Conn on Mon 9 Apr 2018 - 6:35; edited 1 time in total
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sun 8 Apr 2018 - 19:01

No worries I have no real intentions of really doing a 2.0.

Skuj's hack is skuj's hack, I'm just a helping hand from time to time and I have to be honest its been some time already since my last help last year, but everyone else involved seem busy with other projects (myself included) or inactive so I didn't delve into further questioning from the men himself, but like all zelda projects out there, theres bound to have ups and downs.

Its uncertain where it'll lead...but then again its unannounced so people aren't missing on much :/

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 10 Apr 2018 - 2:26

Here is the last thing I'm working on for the hack. Apparently on some doorways there are tile layer priority issues with conker.

For example if you hold out your sword (left or right stance) and walk sideways through a south door entrance you may see odd clipping issues where conkers tail or sword has a higher priority than the graphic tiles in the doorway.

So I'm fixing this. Usually just put some layer 2 object over the problem area.

To be very honest. This game is just very complex and I cannot believe what I'm having to put into it to get it where I want it to be. It's like the game never ends. This hack was a HUGE undertaking and was very ambitious and thus made it very hard to put a fine polish on it.

So yeah, here is some nitpicking..... TO THE EXTREME!

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 26 Apr 2018 - 2:44

Hopefully I will finish my version soon. Its just a bunch of nitpicks really. lol

On a side note I have never played Earthbound SNES or Live A Live SNES and it looks like seph took inspiration/graphics from those games.

The thing is since I've never played those I never knew where those graphics were coming from. The dog is from Earthbound and it looks like the room boarders are from Live A Live.

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 8 EtlwTzB
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 1 May 2018 - 19:49

I promise guys that I will be finishing this soon. Just need some motivation. I'm like 99% there.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Fri 4 May 2018 - 0:07

Don't give up, reach for that last percent!

Erockbrox wrote:Also found this in the rom in the uncompressed graphics. I guess seph was tying to do something really interesting with the snoop dog 420 thing.

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 8 ExAkD37

that one time I used zarby sprite editor to create a new sprite:

Sadly didn't make it into the final game Razz

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 17 May 2018 - 18:54

Dear everyone, I am very close to finishing my own version of the game. I could have released a demo or something but I only want 1 version of my version of the game to exist on the interwebs.

The other day I made more progress. What is so crazy is that I have re-balanced many things in the game by pure design.

I'm going to record myself like in a video log and just push through to the end. It is very difficult when you run out of motivation and stamina.

But I promise that I have put my heart into this in hopes of making a better version of the original Conker hack.

STAY TUNED!!!
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 17 May 2018 - 21:51

Oh boy video progress!!!

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Fri 18 May 2018 - 17:09

So I was working on this yesterday and I actually fell asleep with my computer running and when I woke up apparently my computer had crashed and it was running Hyrule Magic also and then when I checked on my rom afterwards the opening room with the toilet looked like this. Anyone else gotten your rom to look this corrupt. thankfully i have made many saved versions of the rom in case such a thing should happen.

Erock's Version Conker 1.2.7 - Page 8 Wwt0xyj

[edit]

actually i got this again... i wonder if its because im adding too many objects... hmm

[edit again]

Okay it looks like if I add too many object in a room this is the result. Strange, can anyone confirm this? Puzz, Seph?

Last edited by Erockbrox on Sat 19 May 2018 - 4:18; edited 1 time in total
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Fri 18 May 2018 - 19:18

I found a way to crash the game on command with 100% effectiveness.

The technique crashes the game every time guaranteed.

Just go to milk bar and boot dash on the right side of the building where you clip into the wall, but the wall pushes you out with the speed power up. It will result in a rom crash every time.

Here is the video.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 19 May 2018 - 5:34

The reason why this happens is depending on $20, the y coordinate low byte.
My best guess is that speed makes you move so fast so that you aren't aligned correctly. If I have the coordinate 4e it doesn't rebounce but with 4c it does. -> so it is one pixel not aligned correctly.

I noticed this doesn't happen at other places (sony substation e.g.,) maybe HM tinkering helps avoiding this?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next