Project Phoenix!

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Project Phoenix! - Page 5 Empty Re: Project Phoenix!

Post by Floki Tue 8 Jan 2019 - 3:17

I'll probably drop msu-1 support for the remake completely. This is because Zarby is working on a surprise tool to insert SMW and midi songs directly into Zelda 3 and that should release soon if he has not too much problems. That would give me the opportunity to change the in-game songs directly and never touch msu-1 again. 

Native songs are so few, so it wouldn't take long to change them using his tool. It would take me much less time to use his tool then to find the rest of msu-1 tracks, do my msu-1 tables, do another intro video, do voiceovers and qwerty to convert them all/looping etc...

So in retrospective all that's left is for me to finish ''Level X'' (should take me a full day)...god that thing is as confusing to remake as it was to first create with all its staircases and holes! Had to make myself a quick reference map to start remaking it properly. Started adding clues outside the dungeon as well.

Project Phoenix! - Page 5 Image2

...then I'll do the overworld maps for euclid to work on them. (should take me a couple hours)
...then I'll verify all monologue. (should take me a couple hours)
...then I'll verify heart pieces and heart containers (should take me a couple hours)
...then I'll change the star wars scrolling prologue. (should take me a couple hours)

...then I'll need to finish my overworlds completely (should take me a full day)

...then I'll do the new endings. (should take me a couple days)
...then I'll do the 1st quest/2nd quest stuff. (should take me a full day)

So if I am correct and keeping focus, all my tasks should be finished by next week!

...then the rest is applying euclid stuff. (whenever he is ready)
And beta is will be ready, followed by final release short after if no critical bugs.

And time to announce my retirement from romhacking after that!

Last edited by SePH on Fri 11 Jan 2019 - 13:04; edited 2 times in total

Floki

Project Phoenix! - Page 5 Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 8 Jan 2019 - 3:55

SePH wrote:Native songs are so few, so it wouldn't take long to change them using his tool. It would take me much less time to use his tool then to find the rest of msu-1 tracks, do my msu-1 tables, do another intro video, do voiceovers and qwerty to convert them all/looping etc...

MSU-1 loops take me about 90 seconds each, 5 minutes tops if they don't have good loop points and I have to get creative.  Native music would be cool too, but I guarantee it won't be less work than that.  Just saying...  (also, you don't need to do any of the loop tables, just send me the files and I can do everything from there).
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Wed 9 Jan 2019 - 6:37

Alright you convince me! I'll finish my msu-1 pack then as soon as I can and will send you the files afterwards.

I have been working on the hack day and night for the past five months to ensure it's finished in early 2019 and thats still what I'm aiming for , although it's really starting to take a toll on my health and I want to finish all that I have to do before searching for another job..

So I obviously want to quicken my last tasks which was why I thought about changing those native tracks in the first place, but if it doesn't take you much time to do msu-1 tracks, I'll do it.

Here's my status regarding everything thats left for me to do.

I've done a sleepless night yesterday and finished level X along finalizing most overworld areas and most of the monologue, all thats left for overworlds is inserting a church and finalizing the deloz areas, adding sprites for a couple areas and fixing bugs. All thats left for dungeons is fixing bugs.

Code:

=========
dungeons:
=========

LVL1 - OKAY
LVL2 - OKAY ----------HEART CONTAINER= OKAY
LVL3 - OKAY ----------HEART CONTAINER= OKAY
LVL4 - OKAY ----------HEART CONTAINER= OKAY
LVL5 - OKAY ----------HEART CONTAINER= OKAY
LVL6 - OKAY ----------HEART CONTAINER= OKAY
LVL7 - OKAY ----------HEART CONTAINER= OKAY
LVL8 - OKAY ----------HEART CONTAINER= OKAY
LVL9 - OKAY ----------HEART CONTAINER= OKAY (needs tail 3)
LVL10- OKAY ----------HEART CONTAINER= OKAY
LVL11 - READY TO TEST
LVL12 - READY TO TEST
LVL13 - READY TO TEST

164 ---special boss deloz
188 - update seph dev message
276 ---chuck desert pond
278 ---chuck heaven pond
281 --- 1/2magic bat (luigi)

175----change chest into   sword3 (alt sword4)  so you dont downgrade....
???^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^same with sword4 chest...

-fix room 214 walking though walls when in water
-fix underneat of keyblocks-----------------------------lvl 1, anubis, seph dev
-fix door opening animations @ ALL dungeons
-fix agahnim rooms clouds not on top
-fix room 80 + 64 (clouds)

-add missing entrance and single useless room for anubis
(open dungeon map~ old pokemon burning house)

===========
overworlds:
===========

-insert church

-deloz rooms to finalize

- sprites to insert in roman world

-turn black lodge into space (character table in hex) so youre a bunny
change character table for those areas into another character with no tail

I've found bob's ring (pearl)! What a mysterious ring. It's so mysterious, I have no idea what it's used for!  
(hide in useless anubis room thats unused and put in desert)

-restore holes/caves that leads to black lodge....
(if you go there with flute and no pearl, youre stuck otherwise....

no ring:
---------
349>--bully: this place is evil, i wish i still had bob's ring with me so I could keep my body to keep its shape, i was a bunny like you once

and it hurt like hell!

347>--wimp: bully: hey don't touch my ball, its my only fun around here!

have ring:
------------
350--bully: what you found bob's ring? give it to me, i want out of this place!

348---wimp: ill give you my ball, keep it if you want, i just want that ring back!

===========
monologues:
===========

-add fake birdy message in birdys garden

add gorona dialogue + heart piece in part 2

086 -edit fairy dust text. remove tingle (since found in opium now)
094 BOB RING (stormtrooper suit)

150 - update captin john t silver
190 -fix

222 DIFFICULTY SELECTION
223 HARD
224 EASY

156 black lodge path 1 =
253 >change into>> 226 black lodge path 2 = cooper (sprinkle power on cactuar so he can talk)
(cooper hidden next to puzzle dev room outside)

270 > seph message in dev room ro redo

274 trinexx boss
291 dark link boss

292 add in the source or seph

320 kriplespac ....this stomach will suck us dry>> this stomach will soon digest us!

331    --- chuck pond messages

verify gregg message so it says 20 rings in total (not 21 lol). verify doctor aswell

=======
others:
=======

-do overworld maps for euclid FAST

-do msu-1 pack for qwerty FASTERRR

-restore 2nd boss monologue in hex (room 222)

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Thu 10 Jan 2019 - 5:34

I can probably figure out the maps myself if i poke around the overworlds, also not looking like I'll have time till later this month, so change fast to slow.
Euclid
Euclid

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Thu 10 Jan 2019 - 13:05

so change fast to slow.

lol that was meant for me, remember that those are my personal notes :-P

Fast means I'll do them fast and faster means I'll do it faster.

Seriously through, I'll take a small break from my tasks over the weekend and focus on those maps and msu-1 tracks so you guys can have something to work in the meanwhile...

@ qwertymodo: I'll send you the 1st part of my msu-1 tracks to convert soon. I think it was half done, but that should be enough to get you started.

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Fri 11 Jan 2019 - 13:01

@ Euclid (or anyone thats curious): I made a pdf document that contains all the new world maps layouts. 

Here ya go: https://goo.gl/cFrtQn

I won't use the lost woods area 18 at all, only area 37, so you're free to remove lost woods/ganon lairs and ganons hideout from appearing in the phone.

For the other lost woods areas they can be renamed as such in the phone:

Lost Desert > Purple Lodge

Triforce Shrine > The Church
The Source > Sourwater

I don't think I'll change the paths of the areas at this point. I'll keep that as a easter egg for those who played the original game I guess, so don't change the paths in the phone either! Just renaming them will be fine enough. The only other thing will be to change the monologue that gets loaded in hex, but I can handle that just fine :-P

Thanks and have fun!

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sun 13 Jan 2019 - 9:51

@ Euclid: This has been sitting in my outbox since january 3...dunno why it never arrived in your pms, but here goes:

I've started doing playthroughs of my finished dungeons and would like to swaps four level numbers. 

Basically,  switch LEVEL 2/3 and  LEVEL 8/9

So that its now:

Level II - Prison
Level III - Dojo

Level VIII - Temple of Apollo
Level IX - Colosseum

That should balance the game better for those who will play the dungeons in the right order.

That should be it after that, no more dungeon map changes!

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Fri 18 Jan 2019 - 13:19

I've started my bossrush project!

It's going to be a small hack containing all the bosses fights leading up to ganon...and you have to beat them all back to back.

It will be similar to that Alttp Bossrugh hack by superskuj, except probably thougher. Of course if you pick Stairway to Heaven, boss fights will be as easy as Alttp.

I dont think I'll do endings for that hack through, I'll just skip to credits.

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Fri 18 Jan 2019 - 22:36

This should fix the dungeon map names and numbers

I haven't tested each dungeon myself so if you notice anything odd screenshot it and let me know.

Edit: forgot to rename it to .txt

Double Edit: removed old file, see later post for new one.

Last edited by Euclid on Sat 2 Feb 2019 - 0:45; edited 1 time in total
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sat 19 Jan 2019 - 14:57

Alright, awesome! Here are my testing results:

Project Phoenix! - Page 5 Image3
Project Phoenix! - Page 5 Image4
Project Phoenix! - Page 5 Image5

Only things to report are level v which has a mispelled character and level vii which has the right room already activated when you enter...which is strange considering that dungeon didnt need renaming!

Overall the rest all looks all good to me! Smile

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Sat 2 Feb 2019 - 0:44

New Maps Patch
- Fixed the tomb typo
- Fixed Garden (I should say reverted? looks like I used an old buggy version of the garden maps)
- Overworld maps should all be done!
- I haven't gone to all the areas to test, so it might be worthwhile (even if it's just putting the initial exit in each area) to make sure the maps work

Some things I've noticed/done differently
- Area 11 and Area 20 same map used (PDF says 11 but ROM says 20, to be safe I've put those 2 areas on the same map)
- For the life of me I can't seem to find in the rom Area 33 and Area 34 being connected horizontally, so I've removed the connector (I think you're suppose to get from 33 to 34 via the dungeon from a quick rom check)
- Removed level references but left names (too much text)
- had to remove goggle mapdroid from overworld maps because i needed that extra row for a few maps
- For deloz, I've used world names rather than level names.

EDIT: removed old attachment

Last edited by Euclid on Sat 9 Feb 2019 - 1:55; edited 1 time in total
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Sat 2 Feb 2019 - 1:00

I'll look into getting lost woods fixed up next (weekend)

For the purpose of what you're doing, monologue pointers should be updated for the following

2F:840A EA 00 ; MONOLOGUE 234 = TRIFORCE SHRINE
2F:841C FD 00 ; MONOLOGUE 253 = INFINITY CHAMBERS

As for what to do with
2F:83F8 E2 00 ; MONOLOGUE 226 = BOWSER'S HIDEOUT (Ganon's hideout

You can just leave it Smile

I'll fix the UI so lost beach disappears and push lost woods up to the top of the phone - having the combo ready would be nice but it's quite easy to update them with the excel spreadsheet once i have the rearrangement done.

------

looking at that task list, not sure if you've done the galaxy book fix yet, if you haven't then I'll have a look next (weekend) as well.

Then after that, hopefully the (weekend) after is tinkering with bosses (Super Agahnim first, then rest)
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sat 2 Feb 2019 - 11:30

Awesome, thanks!

Area 11 is my temporary testing area, I meant to remove it when I was done testing everything and move area 20 over in case I later change my mind and re-add the lost woods area I'm currently removing! But no worries I have no intentions to re-add them, so its safe to remove area 11 in your patch, I'll keep Fortress Quatre in area 20.

You're right about areas 33 and 34, its a mistake on my part :-P

I have no issues with levels no longer showing up. It gives a better feel of exploration and besides the levels are still there when you enter a dungeon, so it looks all good to me!

Here are my testing results!

Spoiler:

Now about the lost woods, I already changed the monologue activators sometime ago.

Spoiler:

I could change both of the lost woods paths to something else, but the thinking part and laziness got to me... if you want to think about new paths you're free to change them, I'll then gather up some of energy left and update my lost woods asm paths as well haha

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sat 2 Feb 2019 - 19:01

I finally figured out how Zarby sprite editor works...

Project Phoenix! - Page 5 Ezgif-4-fb90afdec4c4

So I've added that snoopdogg sprite lol Very Happy

Now if I can figure out how to make the sprite hurt Conker, since its a custom sprite I suppose that has to be coded too!

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Sat 9 Feb 2019 - 1:55

Alright fixed up all those maps + lost woods page

Highlight of today's work:

LDA $7EF336
AND #$0001
BEQ OLD_CODE
JSR SOUND_MODE_V2

Now you can listen to the poo song everywhere! (assuming you trigger the old lost woods monologue, change it to conn's monologue then you can get msu everywhere once you've triggered it) - no hard mode checks etc, but if you do need me to add that check let me know.

7EF336FF in case you need a cheat code.

EDIT: removed old attachment

Last edited by Euclid on Fri 15 Feb 2019 - 23:12; edited 1 time in total
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sat 9 Feb 2019 - 14:51

Awesome! Now everyone will be able to enjoy their favorite msu-1 tracks anywhere in the game! :-)

Thank you very much for doing this special request! I'll go try it out right away.

I think I'll leave it with no hard mode check, but I'll need Conn to provide a new dialogue for his room so that he rewards the players who visits his room with that feature ;-P

@Conn: Can you provide a new message for your room and telling players they just unlocked an msu-1 player for their smartphone?

Smile

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sat 9 Feb 2019 - 18:45

Alright I had some time to try it out on the old msu-1 soundtrack because the new one isnt finished yet, but its enough to demonstrate all the freedoms of that new feature!

Finally Conn can enjoy his favorite theme everywhere lol

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Mon 11 Feb 2019 - 0:22

Project Phoenix! - Page 5 Image7

^^Alright Euclid here's the new level 4 dungeon map layout!

The dungeon had a staggering 28 rooms...so I initially reduced that to 12 rooms, keeping only the rooms with chests, but then I decided to reduce it even more by removing the extra non needed chests with money in them, so I reduced the final count to a much smaller 9 rooms! :-)

There's only one big chest and its in room 40, all the rest are small chests. The arrows and texts are notes for me when I'll edit my rooms into that later this week!

Thanks! :-P

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Mon 11 Feb 2019 - 5:03

When I saw that snoop dog boss, I'm actually thinking about having a music boss where particular MSUs need to be playing in the background to do damage at different phases (like ganon?)

But it won't work unless i do the music box for non msu players as well (which I can do, but the tracks won't line up)

Probably also need to give them track names for hints lol. Ganon phases would be pretty interesting this way

"Play conn's theme to show ganon's movement tracks!" - so you don't actually have to spam X which hurts my fingers lol.

"Play the mighty poo for Agahnim to shoot poo" (the bouncy stuff)
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Mon 11 Feb 2019 - 10:30

Haha that snoop dogg boss was disabled in the meantime because it affected other sprites. The way zarby sprite editor works is that if you edit one sprite it can sometimes after others because multiple sprites can use the same code and I learned this the hard way lol, but ill ask zarby eventually if he knows which sprites are shared so snoop doesnt affect anything else!

So if I'm following right, you mean that if certain msu1 songs are selected in the playlist, different things could happen during the fights? That's interesting!

Will non msu-1 players see native spc music tracks playlist or still the msu-1 playlist? That would certainly pose a problem if Conn theme is 102 and in the native list theres only fifteen or so themes and no theme 102 lol

I think it can work if we create two playlists. One that loads when you are playing on msu (50+ songs) and the other playlist would load when you are playing on normal emulators (15+ songs).

Now the native songs playlist could be composed of all normal spc tracks and one of the tracks in there could be renamed ''Conn Song'', so it would plays native track 0A for exemple. So whenever you're playing on native, track 0A would refer to ''Conn Song'' and when that plays during ganon, it would show his movements without you holding x!

Then with the msu-1 playlist you'd have Conn song be track 66 instead. So when youre playing on msu-1, it would need to be track 66 that does the ganon movement trick!

If we name tracks, we'll probably have to shorten them up or use one word to describe them so they fit within the menu! What's the character limit we would have?

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 3:37

If we're to rename tracks then yeah we should leave conn's room as the full list of music whereas the ones walking around we can strip some of it (eg/ get rid of the flushing noise track, ending chatters and maybe star wars?)

We can go even more crazy with this music theme because it'll be easy to make bosses"unbeatable" without the right track (just make sure you can select tracks by the time you get to the boss, or give them the mirror to warp out)

It'll be pretty easy to freeze the HP values of bosses unless the "right" music is playing.

In terms of letters - there's 2 rows between the down arrow and the notepad.exe
Code:

;1180    /                    \    1180
;11C0    ||  GOGGLE MAPDROID  ||    11C0
;1200    || 0123456789ABCDEF  ||    1200

19 characters per row.

I'll need to make sure the music player works with the spc songs, pretty sure not every track is available so it might be around 14-15 from rough testing. Overworlds I think I saw some custom code which disables a few tracks (don't know why I need to track it down)
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Tue 12 Feb 2019 - 19:05

I'll give you the track list of songs to use and disable later this week! I'll finish my msu-1 tracklist for qwertymodo this week, so might as well tell you which songs digits I'm gonna use when its finished!

I'd remove the jingles sound effects from the list but would keep the endings and intro songs because I'm not planning to do voiceovers for the hack or at least not for v1.0, so we could have these extra songs to play during gameplay.

I also had the idea of adding extra msu-1 songs that can only be accessible with that msu player! So it could be anything that plays there...a secret podcast, a song with voices or just additional normal songs!

Euclid wrote:We can go even more crazy with this music theme because it'll be easy to make bosses"unbeatable" without the right track (just make sure you can select tracks by the time you get to the boss, or give them the mirror to warp out)

It'll be pretty easy to freeze the HP values of bosses unless the "right" music is playing.
If we are going this way, we could probably enable the feature earlier in the game! The best way I think would be via the text messages you get after you defeat the first boss. After you warp next to the tavern you get two dialogues that show up. I'll change the hook monologue unlocker into one of these two and itll enable it right after the first dungeon. I'll slighty change conn's new message he gave me so it fits in the gameplay too. So you'll be able to add that feature to any bosses in the game you want ;-)

Euclid wrote:Overworlds I think I saw some custom code which disables a few tracks (don't know why I need to track it down)
All my overworld areas both have spc and msu tables. Dunno if this is what you were referring to? But I'm pretty sure some areas which should have music are still set to FF. Thats because I quickly rushed last release and didn't tested much with sound lol
Here's my notes regarding those if that can help!

Code:
all overworld music is controlled (from area 00 to 9F).

11AE00 - Native themes (Part2)

11A300 - Native themes (Part3)

FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
FF FF FF FF 0D FF FF FF
FF FF FF 02 02 02 FF FF
FF 0D FF 07 07 07 FF 02
FF 0D 02 02 02 FF FF 02
07 07 07 02 02 02 02 02
02 02 09 09 FF 02 02 05
02 02 09 09 FF 02 02 0A

-01 (01)Title screen
-02 (02)World map
-03 (03)Beginning
-04 (04)Rabbit
-05 (05)Forest
-06 (06)Intro
-07 (07)Town
-08 (08)Warp SFX
-09 (09)Dark World
-0A (10)Master Sword SFX
-0B (11)File Select & Dead Screen
-0C (12)Soldier
-0D (13)Mountain
-0E (14)Shop
-0F (15)Fanfare

The native and msu table is of course independent from each other, so you can give two neighboring
screens native 02 02 and the correspondent msu themes 23 39 or whatever. When going right, the native
table will in this case do not a music reload, while the msu will play theme 39 then.  
The dungeon msu themes are hardcoded according to your excel file you once sent.

You can edit the tables according to your wishes. Part 2 has now character 10 and theme 09 (not
editable with the table of course, hardcoded exception).

MSU-1 MUSIC TABLES

The start cave will play the overworld theme of screen 28 (in dependence of part 2 and 3 after your
uncle is gone and you restart the game (at the very beginning it will play 03 when your uncle leaves).

11AF00 - MSU-1 themes (Part2)

FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
FF FF FF FF 0D FF FF FF
FF FF FF 29 29 29 FF FF
FF 1C 4F 29 29 29 FF 2C
FF 1C 02 02 02 FF FF 2C
09 09 09 02 02 28 3F 2C
2B 2B 52 44 FF 28 28 3D
2B 2B 49 47 FF 40 4A 30

11A400 -  MSU-1 themes (Part3)

FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
FF FF FF FF 0D FF FF FF
FF FF FF 29 29 29 FF FF
FF 1C 4F 29 29 29 FF 2C
FF 1C 02 02 02 FF FF 2C
09 09 09 02 02 28 3F 2C
2B 2B 52 44 FF 28 28 3D
2B 2B 49 47 FF 40 4A 30

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Wed 13 Feb 2019 - 5:06

yep that table helps.
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Fri 15 Feb 2019 - 14:53

Got sidetracked while attempting to finish that msu-1 soundtrack...
....but will get it done whenever I can! Embarassed

I have finished dungeon 4 remake, won't spoil, but I used bg2 set to normal types of rooms which I never used in Conker, so it should be interesting to play even if its short! And now, I'm currently remaking the 1st dungeon because that dungeon still looked like a pure copy of the high rule tail dungeon...and its nearly done! There will be two paths to the boss now, a hard and easy path.

Project Phoenix! - Page 5 LVL1-REMAKE

Here's a typical room in the hard path to give you an exemple of what to expect:

Project Phoenix! - Page 5 Ezgif-4-48d55393e96d

I won't change the room layouts and tresure chest locations, so Euclid won't have to edit those again. You will be able to get extra items not available anywhere else in the game if you choose the hard path. Like the 2nd optional lamp which deals damage, a silver harp and Conker's Dusty Crown. Won't give more details until you guys play the alpha whenever its ready :-P

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Fri 15 Feb 2019 - 23:08

Non-MSU player should be working now (some screen transitions change music, so that's normal)

I'll hold off on dungeon 4 till you're done, plenty of other stuff to keep me busy.

That's all the time I have this weekend, so agahnim tinkering will have to wait (along with other bosses)

Also you'll have to remind me - I remember seeing 3 agahnim rooms
32 - this is the first one in Gorona if i remember correctly, this should be "easy"
12 - the one in tardis - I don't know if it's still there in this game as I haven't played this far. This one doesn't split from memory
13 - this is the super agahnim right? So far from notes the only difference is hardmode shadows start at the same spot as the real one.

Should hard mode only apply to 13? or all 3 rooms? (stuff like balls moving faster I can put in all rooms)
Attachments
Project Phoenix! - Page 5 Attachment
phoenixmaps.asm.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(210 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next