Project Phoenix!

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Project Phoenix! - Page 4 Empty Re: Project Phoenix!

Post by qwertymodo Mon 16 Jul 2018 - 0:20

The bad news really isn't so bad. I've vastly improved my workflow since I did this the first time around, mostly thanks to msupcm++ Songs take me an average of 2-3 minutes a piece if I'm really paying attention.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Project Phoenix! - Page 4 Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 16 Jul 2018 - 11:15

Thanks to one of the complainers on youtube for the inspiration:
''More like Conker's BAD ROM HACK''
^^careful what u complain about, u never know when seph is going to make a remake!
Epic. Maybe even some more comments could make it into the story.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Project Phoenix! - Page 4 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 17 Jul 2018 - 19:09

From the old pcm set, I'd definitely keep D7 and also Vaati Dungeon is cool!
Your new selection is awesome, but for the weed factory, I'd rather take something from Bob Marley... for that weedy feeling Wink
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOFu6b3w6c0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHekNnySAfM
(imagine the players when they suddenly hear it Wink )
But no objection to your current theme. MSU1 gives you all creative tools here.

Haha, I'm quite curious what you'll do to my room. Euclid's msu player already is so epic!
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Wed 18 Jul 2018 - 13:14

Yes msu1 can be a great tool :-)

Thanks for the suggestions, however since I'm now taking Westworld as my main inspiration for this project, the music is going to sound drastically different.

https://www.thisisinsider.com/westworld-soundtrack-songs-piano-covers-2018-4

^^Just like Westworld I intend to add covers of popular songs in orchestral piano versions, so if I'm going to add a Bob Marley song it'll sound like these probably:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPKZtGi3D1M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV98rjQkg-o

Who knows Wink

Floki

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Mon 23 Jul 2018 - 16:02

#HMSTILLROCKS

RETIREMENT

Jokes aside, the story is really coming along nicely. I know how the 2nd quest starts/ends and how the 1st quest begins.

here's my unformated notes!:

Still havin' fun! ;-)

@qwertymodo: I've attached my w.i.p tracklist...Completely forgot about this. Its really incomplete though so there's not much you could do right now...I really need to stop starting new projects and first finish the ones I've already started, because sometimes it can take me weeks to catch up, old habit of mine :-P

Also forgot to add a legend... songs with a blue background are ready to be transposed to pcm (aside the intro video one because I haven't recreated one yet :-P), songs in yellow are the ones I intend to change and the green ones are pcms I've removed completely because those areas/places no longer exist in the game, so I've marked them as freespace for now so I can easily add or remove songs at will until I'm satisfied and ready to release the game.

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sun 23 Sep 2018 - 19:12

First design I've done in quite a bit of time!

Project Phoenix! - Page 4 Delos
Project Phoenix! - Page 4 DELOZ-_NEW2

Still very early in the works, this is essentially a reproduction of the Mesa Hub Delos lobby from that awesome Westworld tv show. It will serve as a hub that connects to all other worlds. Akin to what was Peach Castle before, although I'm not sure I'll use the heart of the tardis dungeon as a mean to connect the worlds.

More later, hopefully not in two months haha Smile

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Wed 26 Sep 2018 - 16:41

Project Phoenix! - Page 4 DELOZ-_NEW2

Starting to look like something :-P

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Thu 4 Oct 2018 - 20:05

Peach Castle wasn't build in one day...

...and Deloz won't be either!

Project Phoenix! - Page 4 Image2

Investigating the immense possibility of shortening this project (that could easily take 'years' to do by essentially making it a smaller hack of the original game.

The XCVII episode number in the intro generic could easily be changed to a different roman numeral so that it takes way back then in time and doesn't need to connect with High Rule Tail at all. So if XCVII in roman numerals is Episode 97, then this shorter hack could be Episode XXV (25).

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Fri 5 Oct 2018 - 19:50

This is more like it. Still lacking details meh, but happy so far considering nothing has been build in HM yet and I'm just building tilesets.

Project Phoenix! - Page 4 Image5

(click to enlarge)

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Mon 8 Oct 2018 - 17:55

Started ''Peach Castle'' replacement procedures using my placeholder graphics. I'll add some shading to those graphics later!

Project Phoenix! - Page 4 01d74126476b

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Thu 11 Oct 2018 - 21:10

Project Phoenix! - Page 4 5af469af4597

Different flashing building, still as useless as before Very Happy

At least now we know for sure there's no way in Smile

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Fri 12 Oct 2018 - 0:51

Project Phoenix! - Page 4 Progress

Top part of town still lacking some details and buildings, but its steadily progressing :-)

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Fri 12 Oct 2018 - 18:32

Tingle little hut replacement...

Project Phoenix! - Page 4 Phoenix-Z3-v220-0000

Sacrificing the shock value for more beautiful overworlds, one tileset at a time :-D

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Thu 18 Oct 2018 - 18:37

I'm starting to love that multicultural chemistry between the areas I'm making! You's next you ask? Mayans. Mayans are next!

Project Phoenix! - Page 4 Image1

Contrary to popular belief, it might seem that there's quite considerable amounts of work left to do, but...

This remake is going to be shorter and more condensed then the original, thus less work for me.

The first major change with its predecessor, is that there's going to have less restrictions around the world, thus you'll be able to finish most dungeons in any order of your choosing. There's going to have a few exceptions there through, like the last dungeon which will still require nine rings to enter, the triforce shrine which will still need many items to get many more items and the underverse which can only be entered after beating the last mini dungeon with nine rings.

Each of the dungeons will now be an entity of its own and won't require you items from previous dungeons to beat them. There's still going to have backtracking to revisit old already finished dungeons for sake of completion for hidden items in them, but thats already what a Zelda game is about, so I won't re-invent the wheel here.

I won't change dungeon layouts, so Euclid won't need to edit those...but the LVL and names might need a tweak, when all is done in say a couple months haha. I wish I could have promised the same thing for overworlds, but I needed some small layout tweaks there.

There's going to have a couple items upgrades which I won't be using in order to make my more condensed adventure... That goldstar needs to go, that lift4 which only lifts one stone in one dungeon might go too, that galaxy guide text function might go too (I'm sure I have removal notes for that somewhere)...still brainstorming that part really, but it'll decide itself soon eventually. While I'll remove them, it'll still be possible to add them with cheats and there are still going to be available in High Rule Tail, so there's no coding loss for the naught here Conn haha

Lastly, you'll start the game with swimming already unlocked along with one, to be decided, item. I know I can't use the lighter since that one is hooked to the msu1 intro video ~ once you get the lighter, the msu1 video no longer appears :-P

Overworld areas to do:
----------------------

> Squirrel Kingdom (2/7)
  -Comprised of the tavern, the castle, Birdy's Garden (where you can dig the seed) and... the village (replaces space; you'll need a gaz mask to breath there)
  -Gaz Mask replaces stormtrooper helmet (no name in startmenu so safe to edit away)
 -Edit sheet of Conker with tail attached, can use B/W one and attach a gas mask to Conker normal sprite in colors.

> Deloz (1/5)
> Indians & Mayans (2/6)
> The Rag (0/4)
> Deloz Control Room (0/1)
> Car Junkyard (0/1)
> The Source (0/1)
> Eden pond & Shop (0/1)

Overworld areas to remove:
--------------------------

> Dev's Hideout (0/1)
 -Hide the keys all around the world, just move the entrances.
(e.g. move conn's room in a house in the samurai world, one that needs a superbomb for exemple)
 -Will work just like Parallel Worlds and its hidden keys for the Parallel Tower.
 -Possibility to add more than five keys.
 -Keep the flute requirement to get there, add the main shrine that needs the keys.
 -Add a hint in the style of Euclid's and his Parallel Tower clues.

> MacIntosh (1/1)
 -Relocate Chuck elsewhere.

> Mario Bros 1 (0/1)
 Move heart piece elsewhere.

> Retro Dungeon (0/5)
 -Relocate all exits and entrances to one area, the Deloz Control Room
 -Possibility to keep all five areas if I have enough tileset space to do multiple Deloz facilities
 -Change the style of the dungeon into Deloz overworld counterparts.
 -Investigate if its possible to use this dungeon and its exits and entrances to connect all universes together and keep the timed dungeon for later.

So there you have it folks, my most up to date plans for the couple of months to come :-)

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sat 20 Oct 2018 - 18:55

Project Phoenix! - Page 4 Image15

Slight updates to previously already great areas!

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sat 3 Nov 2018 - 15:42

Msu-1 is progressing quite well and astonishingly sounding different!

It does feels like a brand new game, well it'll be one when I'm done with dungeons graphical updates! Razz

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Wed 7 Nov 2018 - 11:41

Project Phoenix! - Page 4 Image1

Renamed the hack to a more fitting name....now that I actually have a story to tell lol. It's very bare-bone but it'll probably stay like that, I'm happy how retro and simplistic it is. For the intro animated leaf sequence, I'll change that into an illuminati pyramid flying on top of a larger one and make that a fake logo or something haha.

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Sat 17 Nov 2018 - 16:02

Project Phoenix! - Page 4 62

I have fifteen days of work left at my job since our warehouse is getting shutdown on December 14th and like all my co-workers, I'm going to lose my job.... I won't search for a new job for at least two/three more months and will spend quality time finishing this project during that time. 

If memory serves right, I had no job when I worked on Parallel Worlds and it didn't took long to do everything on my part (one year I think)...but since this project is already quite advanced, I should have enough time with three months AH!

Here's the overworld progression:

a much smaller overworld

Anyway, releasing this hack remake in early 2019 is the plan! Very Happy

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 19 Nov 2018 - 1:20

I'm sorry to hear about your job... I hope you have enough savings so you can enjoy the 3 months off (and maybe travel to Cuba again even Smile )

Looks amazing when I see the map and the screens you post Spin
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Fri 23 Nov 2018 - 17:26

Going to get a twelve years severance pay by the end of December and that should be enough money for me to relax home a couple months before looking for another job!

If I decide to travel in January, I'll probably take at least two weeks, one is not enough haha

Thanks, the project is advancing quite well Very Happy

Project Phoenix! - Page 4 Phoenix-Z3-v363-0000
Project Phoenix! - Page 4 Phoenix-Z3-v367-0000

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Mon 17 Dec 2018 - 12:58

Gone since 2009....dark rooms will make a triumphant return in 2019!

Project Phoenix! - Page 4 12

lol

Seriously through, the project is advancing so well, it is unimaginable...I've begun my last task which are dungeons and I got to say that its going faster then doing overworlds...so yep, I should be able to do a staff release before the end of the year, stay tuned ;-)

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Thu 27 Dec 2018 - 17:03

Progress is still going steady, although I will obviously need another week or two to wrap it all up. I'll need to finish my dungeon progression and test all the dungeons. The good news is that all new dungeon tilesets are inserted. All that remains is finishing the rooms themselves. 

For the devs rooms, each of them are now going to be one room puzzles. I've also removed the hard optional puzzle as I want a game thats fair for everyone and that mimics Alttp as best as I can! I've kept the Triforce Shrine and all its contents since I had already revamped it to remove the outside areas at the beginning of the year. The game is going to be played like a sequel (storywise) and High Rule Tail won't be canon. 

Oh! Might as well post new screens while at it!

dungeons:

overworlds:

More later Very Happy

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 27 Dec 2018 - 22:20

This looks great.
Also, I hope you will also keep the current version, which was first released, since this actually feels like two games. So that we don't loose the initial version.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Project Phoenix! - Page 4 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Fri 28 Dec 2018 - 22:05

Thanks!

I'll surely keep both versions of the hack here at Zeldix and at rhdn. I won't release this under version 2.0 of High Rule Tail either, but under a different name so both versions can be played if wished.

The difficulty of the game will slightly increase compared to the original hack. This will be mostly due to re-adding dark rooms, but I'm also considering bringing back fan ''favorites'' like the beamos, spikes and floortiles, so its going to be a greater overall challenge then its predecessor. 

Project Phoenix! - Page 4 Ezgif-4-c21ba5db2d1d Project Phoenix! - Page 4 Ezgif-4-0cb5c25bdc4f

On that end I'm still planning to do my hardtype version of the game after this version is close to be finished so that I release both the normal game and hardtype on the same day (along that conker compendium pdf which will combine all my notes how everything was changed in the game, all the different tables in hex and details about the asm patches used etc...all in one document).

So lots of good stuff planned for the the next couple of months!

:-)

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Fri 4 Jan 2019 - 19:15

I've started remaking dungeons three weeks ago...

...well after three weeks, levels 1 until 9 and 11, 12, 13, 14 are completely finished, remade in  some parts and were playtested multiple times. 

Levels 2 until 9 can be beaten in any order you want (omg level 9 boss is freaking hard if you decide to go for that one first, thats the eye boss!)...and best of all items never downgrade and can be gotten at various places.

What remains is for me to finish level 10, the parallel tower replacement! I'm going to hide clues/riddles about that harder dungeon in all the seven main dungeons in the same style as Parallel Worlds:

"Fortress Quatre"
       "Clue 1"

Clue 1... that's "         ".

Next room refer to
  the Fortress Quatre
      Clue 1.

This should be a really fun to play hack when I'm done Very Happy

Floki

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next