Share this post on: reddit

Bram Stoker's Dracula :: Comments

Conn

Post Tue 29 May 2018 - 11:03 by Conn

The links don't work for me... Sad

Back to top Go down

kurrono

Post Tue 29 May 2018 - 11:15 by kurrono

Conn check again ... i fixed it..on my phone was easier to setup the real links.. on my pc it fooled me..its done Smile

Back to top Go down

dukejp

Post Fri 1 Jun 2018 - 18:27 by dukejp

The links are reversed: In "Patch" are the Pcms and viceversa.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 1 Jun 2018 - 21:16 by Conn

I switched the links, thanks for the info Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 18 Oct 2021 - 8:57 by Pee wee

Pls, I have a problem: game starts without sound, is the first time it has happened to me. Any idea ?

P.S. CRC32 - (ROM USA): 5CECE690

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 18 Oct 2021 - 11:54 by Conn

You mean the intro starting at 0:24? Which emulator?

Last edited by Conn on Mon 18 Oct 2021 - 14:07; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Mon 18 Oct 2021 - 12:14 by Relikk

Fresh downloads of patch etc. No problems here. Check the name of your patched ROM and make sure the prefix matches the MSU and PCM files if you genuinely have no sound in-game, or don't forget to include the MSU file in your game folder.

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 18 Oct 2021 - 21:17 by VVV18

Redo the whole process again, download the patch, apply the patch, download the PCM's and apply the same as some of these files can get corrupted for any reason; happened to me recently!

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 19 Oct 2021 - 1:14 by Pee wee

Thank you so much @VVV18, @conn & @Relikk. Now it works, I have again downloaded the patch.  

P.S. There is a slight strange noise, I don't know how to describe it. Not pleasant at all.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 19 Oct 2021 - 2:41 by Conn

Nice that you solved it! However, please always tell which system you use with a precise bug description. Best would be if you also post a video.
I assume you use fxpak, since if the patch doesn't mute the current pcm on track change there's a buzz

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 19 Oct 2021 - 6:48 by Pee wee

Conn wrote:Nice that you solved it! However, please always tell which system you use with a precise bug description. Best would be if you also post a video.
I assume you use fxpak, since if the patch doesn't mute the current pcm on track change there's a buzz

I really want to thank you for your help @conn. I don't know what is "fxpak". I have only limited myself to the files contained in the patch. That is, there is only one patch ".ips", ".cht" & ".msu".

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 19 Oct 2021 - 7:00 by Relikk

FXPak is the new name for the SD2SNES. A flash cartridge for use on original Super Nintendo consoles and modern clone/FPGA systems like the Super Nt.

What Conn is asking is that we need to know what you're using to play the game. Is it an emulator? If so which one? Or are you using a flash cart on real hardware? We need more information that just "the game doesn't work" to be able to diagnose the problem.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 19 Oct 2021 - 8:41 by Pee wee

Many thanks for your reply, Mr. Relikk.

While original console offers the most authentic experience, I use "Snes9x" via RetroArch. I've had a NES & SNES. But I ended up giving of them away to charity while I was in highschool via christmas "Cruz Roja" initiative. It was gratifying to help other people, but I honestly really wish I still had the SNES.

Any idea?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 19 Oct 2021 - 14:18 by Conn

I looked into Kurrono's asm, and it looks like he did everything alright...
Code:

STZ $2006
STA $2004
STZ $2005
loop:
bit $2000
BVS loop

This is the usual code with which we prevent the buzzes on fxpak.
If anybody who owns one, wants to try on fxpak? If there is everything alright it is your setup, Pee wee.

Also, delete both the cht and xml file (not needed), maybe this is the source of your bugs.

Back to top Go down

D2DEZEL

Post Tue 19 Oct 2021 - 18:58 by D2DEZEL

there is no problem on the fxpak pro

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Tue 19 Oct 2021 - 22:07 by Retroplay

@Pee wee
If your PC is powerful enough you should really consider using BSNES v115 core instead of Snes9x in RetroArch.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 19 Oct 2021 - 22:27 by Pee wee

@Conn, @D2DEZELI, @Retroplay I really appreciate it. After advance in the game, I no longer heard that little noise. I think it was just a sound from the game itself, from level 1. Sorry for the inconvenience.

P.S. @Retroplay: BSNES is much better than SNES9X? Why?

Thanks everyone!!

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Wed 20 Oct 2021 - 11:30 by Retroplay

BSNES, by the late Byuu/Near, is the only SNES emulator reaching 100% compatibility.
It requires more grunt than Snes9x because it doesn't rely on speed hacks or compatibility hacks.
https://bsnes.dev/
It's the SNES emulator, period. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 20 Oct 2021 - 12:43 by Pee wee

It's crystal clear! Thank you so much @Retroplay.

Regards.

Back to top Go down