Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Mapping Kirby and Out of this World - Page 3 Empty Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by Conn Wed 4 Jul 2018 - 3:29

Yes, it would be also a good idea to list the OST as extra column in the doc, like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bni3dkCXqpI

There are multiple remasters so this could also help mapping it

This is what I found:

So far I found:
01: animal hunts you (loop)
03: cutscreen in cage (begin of L2), I think it is on loop (needs to be changed
04: Animal shot (end of L1)
07: cage crashes down jingle
0a-10: Title Screen (no loop)
0b-11: Intro video (no loop)
0c-12: death (no loop)
0d
0e: Leeches sting

Where is track 6 played? I would not know by your description (06 Looking out Jail Bar Window), <- here I had 03 and 07 as breakpoints only.
Conn
Conn

Mapping Kirby and Out of this World - Page 3 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Mapping Kirby and Out of this World - Page 3 Empty Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by JUD6MENT Wed 4 Jul 2018 - 9:03

Im going to sit down and play this game tomorrow, i just haven't found time until now because work was requiring a lot of overtime last week but i have the rest of this week off now
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Wed 4 Jul 2018 - 12:00

@Conn If what you have listed is the whole track list, maybe I can make a drop down menu for each track that contains multiple remasters in the OST column.

pev

Mapping Kirby and Out of this World - Page 3 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 4 Jul 2018 - 12:31

Oh no it's not complete, it's just until L2, then I ran out of time.
Let's wait what jud6ment and polar can provide Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Wed 4 Jul 2018 - 15:25

@Conn That sounds like a good plan. Let us wait for their contributions, then.

Smile

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Wed 4 Jul 2018 - 20:01

pepillopev wrote:@Conn That sounds like a good plan. Let us wait for their contributions, then.

Smile

So Pepillopev, Did you want me to find music for this game, if so thats fine, I have a good idea where I can look :-). Smile
Polargames
Polargames

Mapping Kirby and Out of this World - Page 3 Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 4 Jul 2018 - 22:01

I think Relikk also has many tracks to use. Before we can think about searching for music, the music should be mapped.

Here:
Out of This World Track List

I put in a video timestamp of the longplay together with a clean OST into the docs found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faigkngFGGU&list=PL8x7wHq_i5DdZ-qRPG1yYn-9Uvm0BYcQg&index=7

I hope this list can be completed soon.

Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Wed 4 Jul 2018 - 23:44

Conn wrote:I think Relikk also has many tracks to use. Before we can think about searching for music, the music should be mapped.

Here:
Out of This World Track List

I put in a video timestamp of the longplay together with a clean OST into the docs found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faigkngFGGU&list=PL8x7wHq_i5DdZ-qRPG1yYn-9Uvm0BYcQg&index=7

I hope this list can be completed soon.

I have went threw your youtube play list and them filled in some of the missing. Do not want to get carried away because I do not want to make a mistake. So far its looking pretty good so far. Smile
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 5 Jul 2018 - 0:19

Mh, we have conflicts.
You have death A at 05, I as 0C
You have Imprisoned at 08, I as 03
You have Freedom at 09, I as 07
Your track 6 is obviously also wrong. You put the death video there but descibed it as L2 elevator.
Sad

I marked yours as red, because I rechecked:
Imprisoned:
9ff639 sta $2004     [802004] A:0003
Freedom:
9ff639 sta $2004     [802004] A:0007
Dead:
9ff639 sta $2004     [802004] A:000c

Please check again, with the latest patch applied on a fresh rom. I do not know why you get other values...:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1732-out-of-this-world

Would be cool if anybody else can check as well.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Thu 5 Jul 2018 - 19:14

pepillopev wrote:@polargames @JUD6MENT Out of this World video demo illustrating how to patch the rom and use bSnes++ to map tracks (and where to document them).

Out of This World Video Demo (Patch and Map)

So this link doesnt work, i cant get the video demo
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Thu 5 Jul 2018 - 19:43

@JUD6MENT The link expired. I reactivated it again. You should be able to download the video demo now.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Thu 5 Jul 2018 - 20:08

Conn wrote:Mh, we have conflicts.
You have death A at 05, I as 0C
You have Imprisoned at 08, I as 03
You have Freedom at 09, I as 07
Your track 6 is obviously also wrong. You put the death video there but descibed it as L2 elevator.
Sad

I marked yours as red, because I rechecked:
Imprisoned:
9ff639 sta $2004     [802004] A:0003
Freedom:
9ff639 sta $2004     [802004] A:0007
Dead:
9ff639 sta $2004     [802004] A:000c

Please check again, with the latest patch applied on a fresh rom. I do not know why you get other values...:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1732-out-of-this-world

Would be cool if anybody else can check as well.

Ok, I think I know why I had it wrong, I was fighting some bad guys and when pause in mid game where it broke, I must had gotten the values mixed up, Feel free to take them out, and also the window that I had found can be taken out as well because I found out that area I was in is optional and not really connected to the main game. Sorry about that, I did not now because I had never played this game at all.
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Thu 5 Jul 2018 - 20:12

Thanks so much, and i know this probably sounds stupid, but i cant get a usb controller to work for bsnes plus. I can get two different controllers to work for snes9x so is there a guess of what i am doing wrong to not let it work on bsnes plus?
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Thu 5 Jul 2018 - 20:14

JUD6MENT wrote:Thanks so much, and i know this probably sounds stupid, but i cant get a usb controller to work for bsnes plus. I can get two different controllers to work for snes9x so is there a guess of what i am doing wrong to not let it work on bsnes plus?

Have you went into the input settings at all to do it by hand, Sometime you have to redo it because It for what reason will not save the config. I hope that helps. Very Happy
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Thu 5 Jul 2018 - 20:16

Go Here:
Mapping Kirby and Out of this World - Page 3 Bsnes_10[/url]
Then Here:
Mapping Kirby and Out of this World - Page 3 Bsnes_11[/url]

Each button has to be highlighted and then click on the "Assign" button, then press the button you want on the controller.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Thu 5 Jul 2018 - 20:19

Some how when i first turn the system on it wouldnt let me assign. But turning bsnes off and on again is now working like normal. Wow, have no clue how that happened but i just did a big waste of time, but its working now
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Thu 5 Jul 2018 - 20:24

JUD6MENT wrote:Some how when i first turn the system on it wouldnt let me assign. But turning bsnes off and on again is now working like normal. Wow, have no clue how that happened but i just did a big waste of time, but its working now

Jub6ment it was not a waste of time, Programs have issues at times and asking for help is fine, I am happy that it is working for you now :-D
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Thu 5 Jul 2018 - 20:28

Ok, I have clean out where I had made the errors so all is well. :-) Thank you Conn for letting me know that.
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Thu 5 Jul 2018 - 22:22

So I am failing to figure out how to get it to work. Here is a step by step video of what i did and maybe one of you guys could see what I did wrong.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CshEcRLbHdbkdraRSD-dr3S3GzUDQzmI/view?usp=sharing
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Thu 5 Jul 2018 - 22:31

@JUD6MENT I'm wondering if you are using the Bsnes that requires a XML file to complement the MSU1 patched ROM. Here try this version of Bsnes (this one does not require a XML file for a MSU1 patched ROM).

bSnes++ (no XML version)

The problem with the XML version, if that file is not present, MSU1 will not work. For example, ootw_msu1.xml will need to exist with the correct information inside the file to enable MSU1 support for bSnes. If MSU1 is not enabled, the game will default to the SPC version (as Conn coded OOTW this way to fallback to original SPC music if MSU is not detected). If fallback kicks in, bSnes will never execute instructions involving MSU (meaning, you will never get a break point at $2004). Try the version from the above link and let me know if this helps.

The version I'm using is listed in the below image (one from the link posted above):
Mapping Kirby and Out of this World - Page 3 Bsnes_12
Anything earlier than Jan 17, 2018 will require the XML file to get MSU1 working. On or Later than this date does not require the XML file.

Last edited by pepillopev on Thu 5 Jul 2018 - 22:59; edited 3 times in total

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Thu 5 Jul 2018 - 22:45

Yes! It worked! Oh my goodness i feel so much better knowing i wasn't screwing something up, i just wasnt using the right emulator version
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Thu 5 Jul 2018 - 22:46

@JUD6MENT Great, I'm glad that was it. Your video pretty much saved me troubleshooting time (so, thank you, for providing a video).

Happy Gaming! Smile

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Thu 5 Jul 2018 - 23:08

@JUD6MENT Also, there is nothing wrong with using the older versions. All it involves is remembering to generate the required XML file that is specific to the patched game. Specific details in the XML file are ROM mapping data (specific to the game, special chips used, msu information, etc). For now, it is best to spare you the details in generating one for each game (msu or not). That, in itself, is another tutorial.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Thu 5 Jul 2018 - 23:51

So I found 2 of the tracks are the same, the area where you look out the window at the top of the elevator https://youtu.be/YMMdTAUnXhU?t=4m40s
and the spot where you fall down in the vents
https://youtu.be/YMMdTAUnXhU?t=6m14s
are both the same soundtrack called Alien City, but the first one is track 06 and is only a cutscene and the second one is track 02 and loops. Also the cutscene version I believe plays slightly louder while the second one plays a little softer.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Fri 6 Jul 2018 - 0:07

@JUD6MENT It would appear so. Document them as you see them but make a small note in the description the same music plays for two different SPC tracks. Good thing about this, is that the PCM artist can substitute alternate tracks or choose to keep the same.

pev

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next