Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lufia - Fortress Of Doom Empty Lufia - Fortress Of Doom

Patch by Conn for Lufia I MSU-1
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/lufia1_msu1.zip

PCM music files presented by JUD6MENT
https://mega.nz/file/Hj4FjIKD#2l3e_G9eM2HjlEySvuL6EvEHS3XsoaJMAO7sNbbYlQg

Side Note on the PCM Tracks
Because of the lack of instrumental covers/remixes for this game, not every track in the game will have new CD quality music to it but rather about 75% of the game will be instrumental covers and the other 25% will have the original soundtrack play in its place like normal. I plan to eventual release a second PCM set that has the missing tracks be filled with instrumental covers from Lufia 2 game, but at this moment, there will only the one available. Even though some tracks are missing, they are the less important tracks to the game and the major of the game will have CD quality. In fact, the preview video I have uploaded has every track remixed.

Last edited by JUD6MENT on Wed 8 Jul 2020 - 16:02; edited 1 time in total
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Lufia - Fortress Of Doom Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Lufia - Fortress Of Doom :: Comments

Conn

Post Fri 5 Apr 2019 - 6:25 by Conn

Great job Jud6ment. I think I'll bug shadowone for the earthbound release to clear the open projects in the dev area Smile

It is possible that I write a code for Kirby Superstar (if here is a desire)... but only if music is available.

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Fri 5 Apr 2019 - 11:46 by JUD6MENT

Conn wrote:Great job Jud6ment. I think I'll bug shadowone for the earthbound release to clear the open projects in the dev area Smile

It is possible that I write a code for Kirby Superstar (if here is a desire)... but only if music is available.

I will finish my current semester in two weeks, and i can get a lot done when i am in-between school semesters. I got 4 PCM sets done during the christmas break so i can finish Kirby Superstar very quickly if you write the code for it when i am not in school and it wont become a open project forever.

As for will there be enough music for it, definitely yes. Kirby reuses a lot of its music in every title including the most recent ones, smash bros has a huge selection of kirby music, Nintendo published a 25th year anniversary instrumental soundtrack, there is a lot of other live professional performances and orchestra recordings, a lot of youtube covers and medleys, i already did a hour search for what songs i think would be hardest to find and got positive results on finding a cover for it.

Back to top Go down

PittStone

Post Fri 5 Apr 2019 - 12:40 by PittStone

Awesome, Lufia MSU! Confused
Is the Patch working with the German Version? If not, can you make a Patch for German Language? That Would be cool.
Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 5 Apr 2019 - 14:59 by Conn

@JUD6MENT
I got 4 PCM sets done during the christmas break so i can finish Kirby Superstar very quickly if you write the code for it when i am not in school and it wont become a open project forever.
https://www.zeldix.net/t1882-kirby-superstar#30448
Much luck to both of us Very Happy
I hope there won't be much bugs. Make bsnes breakpoint 2004, write hook to map the themes Wink

Last edited by Conn on Fri 5 Apr 2019 - 15:05; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 5 Apr 2019 - 15:05 by Conn

@PittStone:
Lufia1 was never officially released in Germany. Please try yourself first, if it doesn't work send me the fan-made translation patch to con.s@gmx.de and I'll see what I can do

@Jud6Ment
Oh and if it is not too much work to copy/paste Lufia2 themes for a second complete set... I'd be grateful Very Happy

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Fri 5 Apr 2019 - 18:21 by JUD6MENT

Conn wrote:
@Jud6Ment
Oh and if it is not too much work to copy/paste Lufia2 themes for a second complete set... I'd be grateful Very Happy

So when i finished, i did try that and turns out the volume levels of the 2 pcm sets are very different, the other one is much louder. I plan to increase the volume on my PCM tracks to make them match, but at the moment, i just wanted to get the project out. Also, i still need to gather the Lufia 2 music to use, some are obvious because Lufia 2 castle kingdom theme can be used for Lufia 1 Castle kingdom theme is a good example. However, some specific levels and locations to Lufia 1 that dont match Lufia 2, or the end scene credits i dont have a PCM track for yet, i will have to improvise what Lufia 2 track fits it best. It wont be too much more work, but it will take some time and i will get there at finishing the alternative choice for the PCM set eventually. I wont leave it hanging forever though, but since i got one part of the project finished I thought why not release it now.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 5 Apr 2019 - 19:08 by Conn

It depends on the sfx level to adjust the music, those need to match and each game is different. I'd rather adjust the tracks you want to use from lufia2 rather than way round.

I didn't expect it being trouble so I'm happy with your set with 75% don't mind the second set we can renounce on this I'd say then Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 5 Apr 2019 - 19:16 by Tsolo

PittStone wrote:Awesome, Lufia MSU! Confused
Is the Patch working with the German Version?  If not, can you make a Patch for German Language? That Would be cool.
Thanks.

It seems to work with the Spanish translation.

Back to top Go down

JUD6MENT

Post Fri 5 Apr 2019 - 20:32 by JUD6MENT

Conn wrote:It depends on the sfx level to adjust the music, those need to match and each game is different. I'd rather adjust the tracks you want to use from lufia2 rather than way round.

I didn't expect it being trouble so I'm happy with your set with 75% don't mind the second set we can renounce on this I'd say then Wink

Yeah, i figured that is what i would have to do, who did the lufia 2 PCM? If they shared to me the loop points of the music it would help the work

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 5 Apr 2019 - 20:45 by Conn

@Jud6Ment:That was Relikk, he's really an expert in music and pcm making, so I guess he's a big help here.

@PittStone: I traced the differences and see no conflicts using this translation: http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=6282.0
All should work fine Smile

Back to top Go down

PittStone

Post Fri 5 Apr 2019 - 21:19 by PittStone

@Conn:  O.k. i forgot that is not officially released. I tested the "Digisalt" 1.0 German Patch and Patched it with the msu Patch. Its Working.  Blue3
The Only thing was, the "Digisalt" Patch "UnHeadered" makes a Header after patching on the Non Headered "Lufia (USA)" and than the msu patch only working after Remove the Header again.

[quote="Conn"]@PittStone:
Lufia1 was never officially released in Germany. Please try yourself first.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 6 Apr 2019 - 5:38 by Conn

yes, that header thing. You can also first patch the msu on the non-header, and then the german patch. My patch expands the rom to 2mb and the translation uses space in the 1mb region. So no conflicts if you patch right Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 7 Apr 2019 - 13:49 by darthvaderx

Conn wrote:yes, that header thing. You can also first patch the msu on the non-header, and then the german patch. My patch expands the rom to 2mb and the translation uses space in the 1mb region. So no conflicts if you patch right Wink

Unfortunately your hack is not compatible with Lufia Restored patch (the same case of Lufia II MSU-1 and Frue Lufia).

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 7 Apr 2019 - 17:47 by Conn

The problem with compatibility is this:
the restored patch expands the 1Mb original rom to 1.5 MB
the msu hack does the same.

When applying the patch to a native rom, all unused bytes gets zeroed, so simply re-allocating my code (which would be really easy) does not help.

What needs to be done is :
- patch the original headered rom with the restored patch (you get a 1.5MB large rom
-remove the header
- open luf1_msu.asm (the source code)- addresses in the expanded area are unfortunately shared by the msu hack and the resored hack. So you need to change:
Code:
org $208000 -> org $2E8000
LDA $208200,x -> LDA $2E8200,x
org $208200 ; loop table -> org $2E8200
So all you see with $208xxx needs to get 2E8xxx

Then apply the modified asm with xkas on your rom and it should work.

I am uncertain whether I should provide a merged patch since this would mean "stealing" their credits (I did that for super ghoul's and ghosts and DKC though), but if you have contacts to the author, they are free to implement my msu code into their hack (they should know how to use the source asm).

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 7 Apr 2019 - 18:13 by Conn

Ah well, I did it for you. Re-download the patch from first post (clear browser history maybe) and you find a new folder with the restore patch.

This one is merged msu with that from romhacking:
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2744/

Apply on NON-Header rom (the original restore is for headered, but this merged is for non-header.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 7 Apr 2019 - 18:41 by darthvaderx

Conn wrote:Ah well, I did it for you. Re-download the patch from first post (clear browser history maybe) and you find a new folder with the restore patch.

It's because of things like this that I love this forum, thank you very much ... Razz (Conn)

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 7 Apr 2019 - 18:43 by Conn

You're welcome... I now added also your Frue Lufia2 to the Lufia2 patch package (find it in that thread).

I hope that's it... all these extra wishes Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Mon 8 Apr 2019 - 1:59 by Polargames

CONGRATS!!!!!! :-D

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 4 Jan 2022 - 12:38 by nico7550

Hi, I just register to say that using the Conn Post (30498 / Sun 7 Apr 2019 - 23:47), I manage to apply the MSU asm above the 2.44 restored patch.

1. I use a non headered rom to patch to 2.44 restored (as needed)
2. I edit the ASM file and use xkas to repatch it
3. I use tush to add an header and it's good.

Thanks for all your great work now I have a great game with great music and crappy game sound Wink

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 4 Jan 2022 - 16:32 by Conn

That's great, but it should also work by simply applying the ips upon the non-header prepatched 2.44 restored. I can't even recall why I added 2.41 into the archieve - it's not a merged or special compatible version.

Back to top Go down

TiktaaLink

Post Fri 21 Jan 2022 - 13:19 by TiktaaLink

Conn wrote:That's great, but it should also work by simply applying the ips upon the non-header prepatched 2.44 restored. I can't even recall why I added 2.41 into the archieve - it's not a merged or special compatible version.

I originally tried:
1. Original unheadered Lufia ROM --> patched to 2.4.4 (still unheadered, but increased size to 1.5MB
2. 2.4.4 patched ROM --> MSU IPS patch = in-game control fail past the initial game save choice menu screen (using SD2SNES Pro). Character cannot move nor access the in-game menu screen.

Next I tried:
1. Edited included ASM file with Notepad+ as Conn described in a previous post
2. 2.4.4 ROM (unheadered) --> patched with edited ASM file via xkas

This 2nd patching attempt seemed to have worked without messing with headers at all. Controls in game are now working, tried a few battles and no glitching.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 22 Jan 2022 - 19:24 by VVV18

Use Lufia I The Fortress of Doom (USA).sfc with CRC32: 5E1AA1A6 without header, remember that patches with restoration are already merged with MSU1!

Back to top Go down

TiktaaLink

Post Mon 24 Jan 2022 - 9:40 by TiktaaLink

VVV18 wrote:Use Lufia I The Fortress of Doom (USA).sfc with CRC32: 5E1AA1A6 without header, remember that patches with restoration are already merged with MSU1!

Well that certainly makes it easier if that's the case.  It wasn't listed on vivify93's Lufia Restored romhacking page under the "Features" section nor when I did a quick search of the readme for "MSU," so I assumed it wasn't included.

Last edited by TiktaaLink on Mon 31 Jan 2022 - 13:05; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 31 Jan 2022 - 12:29 by nico7550

I test today with the release of the 2.45 and the MSU isn't included.
Patch 2.45 + modifed MSU ASM is OK.

And there is nowhere mention of MSU in the readme file.

Last edited by nico7550 on Mon 31 Jan 2022 - 13:12; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next