Ok, had some time, find v6 in first page, that should fix this issue Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Final Fantasy 5 - Page 3 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy 5 - Page 3 Empty Re: Final Fantasy 5

Post by edale Fri 20 Dec 2019 - 9:23

You know Conn... Apparently we're both the kind to take on a side-project, constantly saying we're not focusing on it, and anything related to it will take time... And then quickly get bored with RL endeavors, and end up doing stuff at record speed, lol. Razz

That said, I probably won't have much time for playtesting until after the holidays myself... But now that we have a PCM set out, I'm gonna mention the project inthe Dancing Mad FFVI MSU mod's discord channel, and see if we can't get a few eager playtesters to help work on things. Very Happy

One note for testers: Towards the end of the opening sequence, a bit before the meteor falls, it will sound like the music switched to the SPC track. This is NOT an error. Dracula9AntiChapel's remaster didn't include that segment of the track, so I spliced in the relevant part from the OSV CD. I'll try and find a more suitable source for that chunk of the track at a later date. I've also asked if Dracula9AntiChapel would be willing to do a version of the remastered track including that segment, but who knows if he'll be willing to do that, he does have quite a few ongoing projects after all...

edale

Final Fantasy 5 - Page 3 Image110

Since : 2017-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 20 Dec 2019 - 11:04

lol* yes Very Happy
I am also a bit tied up to get the sgb stuff working. Imagine the new possibilities. Right now we are trying to find an appropriate way to send ram data from gb wram into snes wram.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Fri 20 Dec 2019 - 22:24

But the REAL question there is... If you get the Super Gameboy working to play GB games in an SNES emulator (at least I think that's what you're saying you're working on)... Will you be able to MSU mod them? Fingers crossed

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Sun 22 Dec 2019 - 21:42

And the first bug report to come in from the Discord. Bug report and SRM supplied by Silas Karn:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/366675091343409154/658489089284243466/ff5.srm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0RtcAi94bQ
Save file puts you at the save point at 1:15:23.

At timecode 1:16:16 when you grab the World Map, after Fanfare 1 plays, the music doesn't resume. (this happens even if you remove ff5-41.pcm, so not a problem with the pcm track).

At timecode 1:19:18 when you open the chest that makes the second section of ship appear, the music stops when the SFX ends.

*edit- 1 more, In Carwen, when you do Piano Lesson 2, the music doesn't resume afterwards. Silas was pretty sure Piano Lesson 1 worked fine though.
https://fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy/ff5/ff5saves.htm
Grab the World 1 saves, use Carwen save 1, get on the dragon and fly straight north, there will be a town on your right near the coast, that's Carwen, the pub with the piano is in the north-east of town.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Highblade7777 Mon 23 Dec 2019 - 7:33

i will be double checking the first piano segment, far too ocd to let that slide.

Highblade7777
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Since : 2018-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 23 Dec 2019 - 7:44

I hope I have time to fix that soon
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 23 Dec 2019 - 11:07

Ok v7 is in first post. It was quick and dirty fix, I hope it works without having introduced more bugs ^^''
The code is getting complex..
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Mon 23 Dec 2019 - 15:11

OK, v7 patch fixed Piano Lesson 2, and the music resume after picking up the World Map.

Unfortunately, it didn't fix the issue with opening the chest that makes the second section of ship appear. The one at 1:19:18.

https://youtu.be/Z0RtcAi94bQ?t=4754

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 23 Dec 2019 - 19:05

ok, v8 is up on first post.
I revised my last patch (v7) and found a different (not that quick&dirty) to resume the music after world map/piano.

Also, the mute depended on the girl rescued at the beginning, here I found out why it really muted, so the ship mute is also fixed (or should be).

Patch a fresh rom in any case!

Please test all places as well again, I did, but... Woot!!
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Mon 23 Dec 2019 - 20:23

All 3 bugged points seem to be fixed with the new patch.

Also retested the meteor bit, and that's still working too.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 24 Dec 2019 - 18:18

Merry Christmas Spin
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Tue 24 Dec 2019 - 19:56

Conn wrote:Merry Christmas Spin

Same to you Conn Smile
Polargames
Polargames

Final Fantasy 5 - Page 3 Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 26 Dec 2019 - 6:55

@edale
I don't expect too many more bugs anymore since all critical places have been tested I think. So I gave the patch v8 a permanent server url. I added a readme, the trackmap and renamed to ff5.msu to match your pcm trackfile naming convention. If you think the patch is ready to release please do so in the database/rpg section (best with video) Very Happy

Patch v8:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/ff5_msu1.zip

PCM v1.1:
https://mega.nz/#!WMI3wS4A!ZuNN3fGYTf2Mla255UNrGQKBqLBgNBnapEOFKfJV_pE

Track Map
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ew2gd4O2LV1vYfmp8SF3WyO4yIxB4lPvY7kgDjJS5UU/edit#gid=0
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Thu 26 Dec 2019 - 9:15

At bare minimum, I'd wait for Silas to finish his playthrough (he's the only active playtester atm, to my knowledge).

Ideally, I'd wait until I finish my (still unstarted) playthrough.

Silas's playthrough to catch all the major bugs. My playthrough to check for any remaining bugs, as well as to make sure no edits are needed to the PCMs.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 26 Dec 2019 - 9:27

Alright there's no rush at all. I cross fingers Embarassed
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Tue 7 Jan 2020 - 4:59

OK, finally got around to starting my playthrough, and I've got my first bug report! (yea?)

Oh, fun fact, the MSU-1 mod is compatible with this tool:
https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/528/
So yeah... I'm level 15 with all the starter jobs mastered before I move on to whatever's past the Wind Shrine, lol.
(yes, I'm testing any bugs I find with an unmodified version of the MSU mod before reporting them)

https://fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy/ff5/ff5saves.htm
World 1 saves
2 Wind Shrine
Save slot 4
Grab the boat and go south-west to Tule Town.
Enter the northernmost house (Zekk House).
Watch events with Zekk, including Bartz's flashback.
When everyone wakes up, the regular town music doesn't resume.

I didn't enter any other houses or shops, but my music didn't resume until I was exiting the town, and the scene with Ferris triggered the pirates ahoy music.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 7 Jan 2020 - 7:54

ok, it should be fixed in v9 (first post). Please also check the world map/pirate ship location from last time bug, so we can ensure I didn't introduce more bugs Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Tue 7 Jan 2020 - 13:12

ok, that one's fixed. Tested all previously bugged areas with the new patch, and everything still looks to be working.

I did notice one thing though (actually noticed it in my playthrough, but forgot to report it before)... In the intro sequence, right before the meteor falls the music is supposed to fade out, but instead it cuts off abruptly right when the fadeout should be starting, leading to 2-3 seconds of silence before the meteor SFX starts.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 7 Jan 2020 - 13:27

I'd not say fade out is impossible, but believe me the code has it's complexity already and even if I tinker only a bit may require further complete playtestings, and fading requires some major recodings, expecially the nmi hook.
So I'd suggest to rennounce on such fine tunings... main thing is to focus on big bugs present Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 7 Jan 2020 - 16:22

I did notice one thing though (actually noticed it in my playthrough, but forgot to report it before)... In the intro sequence, right before the meteor falls the music is supposed to fade out, but instead it cuts off abruptly right when the fadeout should be starting, leading to 2-3 seconds of silence before the meteor SFX starts.
This track 02 (opening) is non-loop (by game definition, means the original 02 also ends instead of loop)... your track 02 is not matched exactly (meant to loop). Simply make it some seconds longer and add a fading to the end, so the problem is solved Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Tue 7 Jan 2020 - 17:15

Conn wrote:
This track 02 (opening) is non-loop (by game definition, means the original 02 also ends instead of loop)... your track 02 is not matched exactly (meant to loop). Simply make it some seconds longer and add a fading to the end, so the problem is solved Wink
Erm... actually, the ending of my track 02 is matched to the SPC pretty closely, I had to do a fair amount of editing to the track to get the timing of when the different segments of music cut in, so everything matched up with what was happening on-screen; and I had the OSV track side-by-side with it for comparison.

And there's already a fade at the end of my track 02, given the ending segment is a literal copy/paste of the OSV track. The audio cuts out like it does because it stops the music at the start of the fade, rather then when the fade would end.

I could shorten the ending segment some, so the fade happens a few seconds sooner, but that would still leave a 2-3 second long silence before the meteor effect plays...

Maybe, if it's too hard to get fade working (and given we still haven't got fade working on the FFVI MSU mod, after years of tinkering...), when it detects the fade-out command instead of cutting the music instantly, it waits a second or two (or until the next play-track command comes in) to cut the music? is that possible? It should, hopefully, eliminate any silence between tracks caused by fade-outs...

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 7 Jan 2020 - 17:54

my fault, sorry. The code to stop music when rescuing the girl after the meteor, did also conflict track 2, so I made an exception here. Find v10 in first post Very Happy

Since it is an absolute exception affecting track 2 only no further bugs are introduced by this, no need to playtest anything else.

BTW, even with fading, this bug had persisted.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Tue 7 Jan 2020 - 20:01

OK, no more awkward silence, in fact the music plays slightly too long now, lol. Easy enough edit for me to make to the PCM, but I think I'm gonna wait to actually do that until I get around to actually finding a decent remaster of that chunk of the opening to splice onto the end of Dracula9AntiChapel's one.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Fri 10 Jan 2020 - 17:20

OK, apparently the links I had in my youtube posts to Dracula9AntiChapel got them flagged as potential spam... So Dracula9AntiChapel didn't get a notice I made the posts... He just saw them now, almost a month later, lol.

He agreed to remaster than missing chunk from track 02!

I also noticed that the SPC for Track 02 actually goes for a full 30+ seconds after the in-game fadeout from the meteor crash, fun. Still an easy edit to the PCM to make the timing match though.

edale

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next