Final Fantasy 5

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Final Fantasy 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: Final Fantasy 5

Post by Conn Fri 10 Jan 2020 - 17:37

Sounds great (mostly the part I don't seem having to tinker on the code for now) Woot!!
Conn
Conn

Final Fantasy 5 - Page 4 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Fri 10 Jan 2020 - 17:45

Conn wrote:Sounds great (mostly the part I don't seem having to tinker on the code for now) Woot!!
You would like that part, lol. Very Happy

edale

Final Fantasy 5 - Page 4 Image110

Since : 2017-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Day2Data Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 2:47

A bit of an update from me. I've contacted Rebecca Tripp and Orchestral Fantasy and both have agreed to the use of their arrangements (still need to get back to Orchestral Fantasy.)

I started work on creating loops in Ableton from the OCRemix albums, but have yet to begin testing them...
I had a bit of a moment with ff5-2, "A Presentiment."

Rebecca had the first half of the track, but not the ending. I'm either cheap or poor, so I don't have access to Dracula's arrangements, and Orchestral Fantasy hadn't responded by that point.

Long story longer. I ended up making my own version of the second half of ff5-2.
I uhhh... well.... In this zip file are 4 files. 3 flacs, and 1 pcm ready to drop in your folder.
One flac (and the pcm) is a mix of Rebecca, myself, ... and the synced sound effects. One flac is the second half with the synced sound effects. One flac is just the synced sound effects (if someone wants them for their own mix.)

So yeah. I got carried away and synced sound effects into the arrangement I made. From the Wind, to the crackling of the campfire. I'm pretty sure it's all there.

I'll drop by if I can get some decent quality arrangements from Orchestral Fantasy, and hopefully have a good chunk of new pcms from Rebecca Tripp, OCRemix, and Orchestral Fantasy.

Thanks once again to Conn, Edale, and all of those other folks that made all the techno magic happen.

https://mega.nz/#!VuQnSCLB!KlwTs-TEe6TCIlZTlAIQR6oFS78b8BtSvYWu1nUIFXE
Day2Data
Day2Data
Rope
Rope

Since : 2017-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 5:23

Nice! Especially the SFX, I LOVE adding SFX to tracks where I can to increase immersion in my MSU projects (you don't want to know how long I spent digging up and editing together a good 'railroad tracks' SFX to splice into the ghost train track for FFVI).

And while the track itself doesn't really fit in with Dracula9AntiChapel's album, I'm all about giving people choices in the tracks they use for their MSUed games (just look at how many track options there are in the FFVI MSU installer for proof of this, lol).

Here's the current version of track 2, with Day2Data's SFX spliced in.
https://mega.nz/#!PEB1lYzB!JNuSPiJp2TS1NX3O-ZFrEnD-8o1w0DvXfkh0SDDUob8
I gave the intro a watch with this, and the timing for everything is spot on, I love how the wind SFX stops right as Feris is saying the wind stopped; and how the crystal SFX slows down before it shatters, excellent work on this!

When Dracula9AntiChapel gets back to me with the full version of track 2, I'll also post copies with and without the SFX track spliced in, but for the PCM set when I update it, I'll definitely be using the version with the SFX in there.

I've actually been keeping my eye out for tracks that could benefit from some SFX being added, and so far (I'm right before the dungeon with the Earth Crystal in World 1 in my playthrough) the only one I've spotted is adding a wind SFX to track 40 (the airship theme). Because even if the wind's stopped blowing, you can still hear it by flying, lol (I wouldn't be ungrateful if you decided to whip up a decent wind SFX track to splice in for me, lol). Then again, the adding of SFX to the track becomes a moot issue if it's played even once where a wind SFX would be unsuitable, so I need to finish my playthrough to even know if adding the wind SFX to the track is viable.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Sat 18 Jan 2020 - 5:23

New bug, and it's another town music not restarting after an event bug:

https://fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy/ff5/ff5saves.htm
World 2 saves > 13 The other world > save slot 2
Walk east to Rugor.
Go to the inn, and talk to the innkeeper. In the worst business move ever, the innkeeper will take his self-professed first customer in years, and not charge you for a night's sleep.
After the scene, the town music doesn't resume.

You need to exit and reenter the town to get the normal town music back.

Some interesting effects happen if, while the music is silenced from the bug, you go to the pub and dance, then play the piano; or vica versa. After doing one, it'll have normal sound but go back to silence; but then if you do the other, it'll do the correct music, then do the music for the dance/piano (if you did dance then piano, after the playing the piano music, it'll play the dance music). I assume this is some weird interaction from the 'last played track' field being blank...

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 19 Jan 2020 - 6:58

ok, try v11 in first post... hope this didn't introduce mroe bugs Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Sun 19 Jan 2020 - 16:29

OK, patch tested and fixes the new issue. Checked all previously bugged areas and they all are still fixed.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Day2Data Wed 29 Jan 2020 - 23:11

Alright @Conn, I've go a quick question. I'm testing the OCRemix and Rebecca Tripp pcms. When playing the game, and a track starts, a pop sound happens. Before I start trying to minimize the pop sound, is this normal?
Day2Data
Day2Data
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Wed 29 Jan 2020 - 23:41

@Day2Data, Do you mean every time a new track starts there's a popping sound, when a track restarts (from looping) there's a popping sound, or something else?

If it's when a track loops, then the problem is your loop point.

https://github.com/qwertymodo/foo_input_msu/releases/
That's a plugin for Foobar that lets it playback MSU formatted PCM files (if you have any other plugins for .pcm playback, disable them while using this one), no installer, just drop the .dll in Foobar's plugins folder, then activate it with Foobar's plugin manager.

Of particular note is it seamlessly loops the audio, so if you hear a pop sound when the time-slider gets to the end and the audio loops (the time-slider doesn't track after the loop, it just stays at the end), then you need to double-check your loop point.

I will say there have been no popping sounds with the audio in my playthrough with the PCM set I released.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Day2Data Thu 30 Jan 2020 - 0:17

@edale - This is only occurring when a track starts, and it is not happening on every track. It's not happening at the loop point.
I'm going back through the points in the game that I thought they were at, but it only seems to be one of my ff5-0.pcms that's popping at the start of the track.
It may just be small, but I'm kind of knit-picky if it's something on my end.
If it's somewhat normal to have artifacts every now and then with different games, that would be great because I wouldn't have to worry about one pop in one pcm.
I've been using the foobar plugin. This pcm has no popping when playing in foobar.
Really, I'm probably being too picky.
Day2Data
Day2Data
Rope
Rope

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 30 Jan 2020 - 5:43

@Day2Data
I shifted some code. Try if v12 in first post still has this pop-sound

@edale
out of curiousity, how far are we in progress and release? Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Thu 30 Jan 2020 - 11:33

Conn wrote:@edale
out of curiosity, how far are we in progress and release? Very Happy
I'm currently right before ExDeath's Castle in World 2, so I'm almost to World 3, in my playthrough.

I've been a bit distracted watching the impeachment hearing recently, so haven't gotten quite as far as I'd have liked.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 30 Jan 2020 - 12:48

Don't bother with re-testing everything with v12 btw, it is only this difference:
; STZ $2007
(commented out since obsolete anyways)
I suspect this responsible for the pop-sound, if it's still -  occuring, Day2Data what emulator are you testing? Since edale never reported, are you using his set or making an own?

Oh yes, the impeachment... no day without a scandal over there Razz
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Thu 30 Jan 2020 - 12:59

I don't get what's so hard to understand about the fact that, completely independent of anything Trump may or may not have done, the very act of ordering people not to respond to summons from the House alone is enough to impeach Trump. Doing less (not turning over a single audio recording) got Nixon impeached. This really should be a legal, not a partisan matter...

And everyone keeps talking about Trump winning by popular vote.... He didn't. Hillary Clinton had just under 3 million more votes than Trump; he only won by Electoral College votes.

Ugh... I'm gonna go beat ExDeath's Castle to get my mind off this crap...

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 30 Jan 2020 - 13:07

Though I love talking about politics, it polarizes and people have their opinion respectively their believe... better keep that out of a hacking forum Wink

Hehe, yes, in FF5 you can at least influence things Very Happy
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Fri 31 Jan 2020 - 20:58

New bug:

https://fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy/ff5/ff5saves.htm
World 3 saves -> SAVE #3-1 ~ ANCIENT LIBRARY -> Save slot 4.
Walk east to the Elder Tree, watch events, defeat boss, watch events.

You regain control on the worldmap. The worldmap music doesn't resume.

At least all the bugs seem to be essentially copies of the same thing (music not resuming after an event), rather than new things every time, lol.

---

Not sure if this qualifies as a bug:

I noticed music doesn't resume where it left off when returning to the worldmap after a random battle, it starts over from the beginning. I haven't checked if the music restarts in an unmodded ROM, but I know most MSU projects for RPGs like getting the music to resume where it cut off after a random encounter...

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 1 Feb 2020 - 6:58

Uh this game. It loads 3f, directly mutess it until Lena joined the party... and then plays it.

Try v13 in first post. It fixes this issue, hopefully no other bugs are introduced.

I noticed music doesn't resume where it left off when returning to the worldmap after a random battle, it starts over from the beginning. I haven't checked if the music restarts in an unmodded ROM, but I know most MSU projects for RPGs like getting the music to resume where it cut off after a random encounter...
This is unfortunately impossible in msu. As soon you load a new track, data from the old track (like resume point) is lost. So you have to restart.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Sat 1 Feb 2020 - 10:44

Conn wrote:Uh this game. It loads 3f, directly mutess it until Lena joined the party... and then plays it.

Try v13 in first post. It fixes this issue, hopefully no other bugs are introduced.

This is unfortunately impossible in msu. As soon you load a new track, data from the old track (like resume point) is lost. So you have to restart.
That bug is taken care of, haven't tested it anywhere else yet though.

As far as music resuming after battle? Erm... It kinda is possible in MSU, the exact same issue happened in the FFVI MSU mod a while back and was fixed: https://github.com/Insidious611/DancingMadFF6/issues/27
As I recall, the issue there was actually in the emulator's MSU coding itself, and got fixed when SNES9x did their official upgrade to v1.55 to add MSU functionality (before that we were using qwertymodo's MSU fork of SNES9x)...

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 1 Feb 2020 - 11:14

You can pause a msu play with STZ $2007, play a spc and resume it later with lda #$03 - Sta $2007.

But you cannot have a msu #1 played, switch to another msu theme #2, and resume with msu theme #1 thereafter.

I assume the battle music in FF3 is spc?

It also is possible that I missed some technical process and it is possible to resume an old track... I'll point qwerty here, to shed light.

Last edited by Conn on Sat 1 Feb 2020 - 11:31; edited 1 time in total
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Sat 1 Feb 2020 - 11:27

Sure you can resume a track after playing another. You do so by stopping the track you wish to resume later by writing $04 to $2007 before writing the next track number to $2005. That will store its current position so that the next time you play that track it will resume where it left off.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Sat 1 Feb 2020 - 11:30

Conn wrote:You can pause a msu play with STZ $2007, play a spc and resume it later with lda #$03 - Sta $2007.

But you cannot have a msu #1 played, switch to another msu theme #2, and resume with msu theme #1 thereafter.

I assume the battle music in FF3 is spc?

I'll point qwerty here, to shed light.
Nope, battle music is PCM.

I sent a message to Insidious611 (the coder for FFVI), to see if he has anything to say on the topic.

I checked the ASM for FFVI, and I think this is the section of code that handles the music resume:
; Battle and victory theme handling
BattleTheme:
lda MSUStatus ; Are we on Revision 2 or greater? If so, we have Resume support. Handle this specially.
and #%00000111
cmp #$02
bcs ResumeSupportBT
jml SpecialHandlingBack ; If not, do our normal stuff.
ResumeSupportBT:
lda #MSUControl_Pause ; Pause the current track.
sta MSUControl
jml SpecialHandlingBack
Here's a link to the full FFVI ASM, in case that's not enough to see what's happening (I don't really understand ASM...): https://github.com/Insidious611/DancingMadFF6/blob/master/patch/ff3msu.asm

*edit- qwertymodo = fast, lol. Ninja'd.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 1 Feb 2020 - 11:35

Yes, seems I missed a revision where you can pause a track with lda #$04 - Sta $2007, what are your battle themes in hex where you want to pause the overworld?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by edale Sat 1 Feb 2020 - 12:08

Lets see...
01 - Battle 2.
2B - Battle 1.
40 - The Decisive Battle.

And not sure if this one will need it, but probably not:
09 - The Final Battle.

SNES9x: https://github.com/snes9xgit/snes9x/releases
Current version is v1.6, but any version after v1.55 works for MSU (I'm actually still using v1.55, lol).

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 1 Feb 2020 - 12:12

ok find v14 in first post, added resume for 01,2b,40:

Code:
   LDA $01   
   cmp #$01
   BNE $05
   LDA #$04
   STA $2007
   CMP #$2b
   BNE $05
   LDA #$04
   STA $2007   
   CMP #$40
   BNE $05
   LDA #$04
   STA $2007      
   LDA $01
   STA $2004   
   STZ $2005

I briefly tested, seem to work. It's the first time I am doing this.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 1 Feb 2020 - 12:21

Problem is when you die during a battle and restart the game with your safestate on the overworld, it will resume there as well.

Is there any procedure to clear that STA $2007-04 in case you get to the title screen or whereever, qwerty?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next