Final Fantasy 5

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Final Fantasy 5 - Page 4 Empty Re: Final Fantasy 5

Post by Conn on Fri 10 Jan 2020 - 17:37

Sounds great (mostly the part I don't seem having to tinker on the code for now) Woot!!
Conn
Conn

Final Fantasy 5 - Page 4 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by edale on Fri 10 Jan 2020 - 17:45

Conn wrote:Sounds great (mostly the part I don't seem having to tinker on the code for now) Woot!!
You would like that part, lol. Very Happy

edale

Final Fantasy 5 - Page 4 Image110

Since : 2017-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Day2Data on Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 2:47

A bit of an update from me. I've contacted Rebecca Tripp and Orchestral Fantasy and both have agreed to the use of their arrangements (still need to get back to Orchestral Fantasy.)

I started work on creating loops in Ableton from the OCRemix albums, but have yet to begin testing them...
I had a bit of a moment with ff5-2, "A Presentiment."

Rebecca had the first half of the track, but not the ending. I'm either cheap or poor, so I don't have access to Dracula's arrangements, and Orchestral Fantasy hadn't responded by that point.

Long story longer. I ended up making my own version of the second half of ff5-2.
I uhhh... well.... In this zip file are 4 files. 3 flacs, and 1 pcm ready to drop in your folder.
One flac (and the pcm) is a mix of Rebecca, myself, ... and the synced sound effects. One flac is the second half with the synced sound effects. One flac is just the synced sound effects (if someone wants them for their own mix.)

So yeah. I got carried away and synced sound effects into the arrangement I made. From the Wind, to the crackling of the campfire. I'm pretty sure it's all there.

I'll drop by if I can get some decent quality arrangements from Orchestral Fantasy, and hopefully have a good chunk of new pcms from Rebecca Tripp, OCRemix, and Orchestral Fantasy.

Thanks once again to Conn, Edale, and all of those other folks that made all the techno magic happen.

https://mega.nz/#!VuQnSCLB!KlwTs-TEe6TCIlZTlAIQR6oFS78b8BtSvYWu1nUIFXE
Day2Data
Day2Data
Bee
Bee

Since : 2017-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by edale on Tue 14 Jan 2020 - 5:23

Nice! Especially the SFX, I LOVE adding SFX to tracks where I can to increase immersion in my MSU projects (you don't want to know how long I spent digging up and editing together a good 'railroad tracks' SFX to splice into the ghost train track for FFVI).

And while the track itself doesn't really fit in with Dracula9AntiChapel's album, I'm all about giving people choices in the tracks they use for their MSUed games (just look at how many track options there are in the FFVI MSU installer for proof of this, lol).

Here's the current version of track 2, with Day2Data's SFX spliced in.
https://mega.nz/#!PEB1lYzB!JNuSPiJp2TS1NX3O-ZFrEnD-8o1w0DvXfkh0SDDUob8
I gave the intro a watch with this, and the timing for everything is spot on, I love how the wind SFX stops right as Feris is saying the wind stopped; and how the crystal SFX slows down before it shatters, excellent work on this!

When Dracula9AntiChapel gets back to me with the full version of track 2, I'll also post copies with and without the SFX track spliced in, but for the PCM set when I update it, I'll definitely be using the version with the SFX in there.

I've actually been keeping my eye out for tracks that could benefit from some SFX being added, and so far (I'm right before the dungeon with the Earth Crystal in World 1 in my playthrough) the only one I've spotted is adding a wind SFX to track 40 (the airship theme). Because even if the wind's stopped blowing, you can still hear it by flying, lol (I wouldn't be ungrateful if you decided to whip up a decent wind SFX track to splice in for me, lol). Then again, the adding of SFX to the track becomes a moot issue if it's played even once where a wind SFX would be unsuitable, so I need to finish my playthrough to even know if adding the wind SFX to the track is viable.

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by edale on Sat 18 Jan 2020 - 5:23

New bug, and it's another town music not restarting after an event bug:

https://fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy/ff5/ff5saves.htm
World 2 saves > 13 The other world > save slot 2
Walk east to Rugor.
Go to the inn, and talk to the innkeeper. In the worst business move ever, the innkeeper will take his self-professed first customer in years, and not charge you for a night's sleep.
After the scene, the town music doesn't resume.

You need to exit and reenter the town to get the normal town music back.

Some interesting effects happen if, while the music is silenced from the bug, you go to the pub and dance, then play the piano; or vica versa. After doing one, it'll have normal sound but go back to silence; but then if you do the other, it'll do the correct music, then do the music for the dance/piano (if you did dance then piano, after the playing the piano music, it'll play the dance music). I assume this is some weird interaction from the 'last played track' field being blank...

edale

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Sun 19 Jan 2020 - 6:58

ok, try v11 in first post... hope this didn't introduce mroe bugs Wink
Conn
Conn

Final Fantasy 5 - Page 4 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by edale on Sun 19 Jan 2020 - 16:29

OK, patch tested and fixes the new issue. Checked all previously bugged areas and they all are still fixed.

edale

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum