I'm needing ASM details on how Mothula's battle works

Go down

I'm needing ASM details on how Mothula's battle works Empty I'm needing ASM details on how Mothula's battle works

Post by Master Knight DH Fri 23 Oct 2020 - 20:43

Hello. I have been working on a No Damage/Effective Minimalist project of the game, but in practice running, I have stumbled upon how asinine the fight really is without the Master Sword (I'm holding off on getting that) or half Magic, thanks to all the RNG bloat in addition to the wretched glitch of Mothula not registering taken damage when colliding with spikes. As a result, I've been failing to get anything remotely consistent in the miserable fight and that's a problem when a few rooms in Skull Woods are also evil in their own right, so when I would do actual attempts, the aggravation would no doubt add up VERY fast.

What I wish to know is what if ANYTHING between Mothula's movement, the spikes' triggering, and the floor's movement is deterministic. All 3 of these can consistently combine into unspeakably bad scenarios and chipping anything down to size would be a Godsend, and I hope to get a useful response soon enough.

Master Knight DH
Newcomer

Since : 2020-10-23

Back to top Go down

I'm needing ASM details on how Mothula's battle works Empty Re: I'm needing ASM details on how Mothula's battle works

Post by Conn Sat 24 Oct 2020 - 3:45

Cou could look into MathOnNapkins RAM disassembly if there is something useful

Code:

$0310[0x02] -   The Y velocity of a moving floor (Mothula's room)
$0312[0x02] -   The X velocity of a moving floor (Mothula's room)

$7F2000[0x1000] -   (Dungeon)    
    0x0C - moving floor (Mothula's room)

$7FF800[0x1E] - (Garnish)
    0x02 - Mothula Beam Trail.

Attachments
I'm needing ASM details on how Mothula's battle works Attachment
Zelda_3_RAM.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(209 Kb) Downloaded 1 times
Conn
Conn

I'm needing ASM details on how Mothula's battle works Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down