Patch update

Zeldix :: General :: News

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Patch update - Page 3 Empty Re: Patch update

Post by Conn Thu 10 Oct 2013 - 9:01

Thanks Puzz; I inserted also the gfx, monologues and the super bomb.

Start with the first save-state to visit the grand fairy. Throw in your powder to receive the L3 meter, throw in your bombs to gain the super bomb.

Start with the second save-state to check out all other items (walk until rescuing Zelda to get them all). Use your flute to visit the witch!
Conn
Conn

Patch update - Page 3 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 10 Oct 2013 - 12:55

Superbomb patch just posted the patch in the single hacks collection for both 24 items menu and native menu.
Redownload the 4digit rupee patch with merged magic meter upgrade and you find the superbomb as optional hack inside the zip.
It requires both the morning star and the magic meter upgrade preapplied to work!
(hooks same address in Y-box as morningstar, hooks same address at fairy as magic meter upgrade).

http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/4drupee_x3meter.zip
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 29 Oct 2013 - 14:44

Sorry, completely forgot about that the upgrade fairies tend to steal your stuff!

I coupled to Goldstar/forceboomerang/wo_glove, now also the Nimbus, Firerod (L2lamp),flute (isn't a Problem but could become one - safe is safe) and goldpotion.

Please reapply the
(1) fb_gs.ips goldstar
(2) Nimbus_woglove.ips
both in http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/fb_gs.zip
(3) superbomb
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/4drupee_x3meter.zip

Sorry for this. The bug-fix is part of fb_gs (also for the goldpotion). You Need to reapply the other hacks (Nimbus and superbomb) since they share hooks with the Goldstar.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 30 Oct 2013 - 19:29

The Fairy Flippers patch is posted:

http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/complete_items.zip

I had to merge all items (except feather and goldpotion) into this one, so it contains
- Goldstar
- Force Boomerang
- Worn-Out Glove
- Nimbus
- Superbomb
- x3 Magic meter
- Fairy Flippers
- 9999+centered ruppee
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 30 Nov 2013 - 17:59

Moegami just informed me that when reapplying the updated complete items, the game crashes when opening a chest. I fixed this in his rom by
11/472a:00
11/476a:00
11/47aa:00

This only happens when you applied an old version of the goldstar on your hack and reapply a new version, so please check if those addresses given above are set to 00.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Mon 9 Dec 2013 - 7:13

Yet another problem figured out by Moegami, in case you have preapplied an old version of complete items.
I had to tinker so much so please also check these addresses

pc, no header
07/4da5: 20 20 c4 -> ee e8 1c
07/4db0: 20 25 c4 -> ce e8 1c

If these values aren't set, the fairy won't let you chose the item to throw into the pond. As said, onlynecessary to change in case there's an old version applied.
Sorry for this
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 17 Dec 2013 - 19:36

SePH found a bug when dying with fairy flippers underwater. I fixed this; please reapply
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 19 Dec 2013 - 10:14

Another bug with fairy flippers SePH found, when you fall underwater in a pit.
I could only fix it in case you are transported to an upper level from which you can jump into water again. If you e.g. walk under water through a doorway into a next room and fall there into a pit and are transported to the underwater room entry, you will have bugs.
So with fairy flippers you can walk through underwater doorways, but the room you enter must not have pits, while the room from which you jump into water can have pits.
I couldn't test however, what happens if you reenter the first room and fall into a pit there when walking underwater back. Maybe it is necessary to shut the door behind you then (and you can reenter the first room with the pits only via dry land).
If somebody could test this, it would be awesome since I am not very good with HM.

Fix patch:
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 20 Dec 2013 - 6:59

I was also able to make a little test with SePH's rom (but his underwater door is on the wrong level I think or something else is wrong with it, in normal ALTTP I was able to walk underwater through a door without problems, in SePH's rom you need to swim above through it), and these pits really are difficult since it makes a difference from where the entrance is - if you start underwater or from dry land.

If you start from dry land (so you fall in a pit and are transported on dry land), the hack will work.

If you however start from underwater (e.g., walk underwater in another screen, walk back and fall into a pit so you are transported underwater), you will walk on the water surface as far I can tell.

There is no way I can fix this unfortunately. So you either close the door behind you when walking underwater into the next screen or simply renounce on underwater pits.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 20 Dec 2013 - 7:56

Edit: hold on, I have found a solution. I simply made it so that you walk underwater above pits (similar to the feather), so you simply cannot fall into pits anymore :p

Problem solved ^^

New hack:
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 21 Dec 2013 - 6:45

Important note: if you applied the first version, you need to check
03/93b3: a9 02 85 5b
(first version made this to 22 60 e3 22 which is wrong)
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 29 Jan 2014 - 10:57

Again a small bug found with the fairy flippers. I made the asm that let's you dive through whirlpools when diving on the overworld, this way you now can block anything with the whirlpools - just ensure you will not be warped to this blocking Whirlpool (since the short invulnerability time after the Transport may let you swim through Wink

I found a bug: when having the Magic cape equipped while diving it drained Magic, so I fixed this now, too.

New patch Version (diving through Whirlpool on overworld, fixed the bug when Magic cape equipped:

SePH, I'll send you this update along with the other stuff on the list Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Potentialing Wed 29 Jan 2014 - 19:04

Great stuff, Conn! Absolutely love the many patches you've been making; however, I found some buggy results in ZSNES v1.51, however. Diving (swimming in general) is really unstable, and I found myself being jesuswalking on water a lot. I also noticed that if you use roc's feather into the next room, it boosts you farther into the room, which potentially could get the player stuck/sequence breaking in specific cases. I'm not sure if the roc's feather is supposed to act the way it does in the rom, but it's definitely different from how it works in the handheld games.

I was also wondering if you could make "B" cancel the bird flight like it does in the GBA version of LTTP? I think that would be a nifty minor addition to the game. Another idea could be removing the frame around the hearts and remapping the defense powerup to a different item so the tunics could be used for something else. Anyway, I really like all of these new patches I'm seeing, and I can already see that LTTP hacking will most definitely turn into something amazing very soon, thanks to your help. Outstanding stuff, man.
Potentialing
Potentialing

Patch update - Page 3 Image111

Since : 2013-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 29 Jan 2014 - 19:44

Thanks a lot, These hacks really used a lot of my free time so unless bug Fixing and helping SePH on the last issues for PU, there is, unfortunately nothing more to come from my side for the Moment... kinda burnt out as so many feel nowadays - and new hacks almost always give new bug sources (as you describe it Wink).

I can't confirm the bugs you encountered though.

The Jesus walk was maybe due to the latest Magic cape issue, which is now fixed (was it in Dungeons, or overworld?).
The gliding into next room... guess you mean Screens on the overworld? Did never caused a stuck when I played... but I eventually will fix this as well.
If you still have problems, please be more specific where and how bugs happen, maybe by sending a Video...
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Potentialing Wed 29 Jan 2014 - 23:41

Yeah, I tested the file. The gliding creates some crazy momentum upon entering the next room, though it probably doesn't get you stuck in walls... it does feel a tad unpolished though. I also should mention that gliding is actually faster than the pegasus boots, making the pegasus boots pretty much useless.

I'd consider either slowing down the speed of the glide or adding a refresh time so it doesn't actually compete in speed. Kinda leaning toward the latter, though I'm also curious about it being a "roc's feather"? Personally, I thought the one I coded felt more like the handheld games, albeit buggy. Anyway, still really liking all these awesome hacks!
Potentialing
Potentialing

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 30 Jan 2014 - 7:15

I don't consider it as a real bug, but yeah... should be fixed. We are also currently only on v20 of the feather right now. I made it that it is exactly the distance of the bomb jump. Also, gliding Needs to press repeatedly the B button and you are quickly gliding against an obstacle, while running with boots is much smoother with direction Change and such. Further you can kill enemies on your way, so both items do not really compete. I also just tested and the velocity of both, dash and feather is nearly the same, but the feather is really more unconvinient to use.

You're free to hack "your" handheld roc's feather. Mine was a odyssey to hack, Puzz and I can tell. It was the best I could pull off. But in your hacks you can simply Change the appearance to gliding shoes (OoT), s Soap or whatever suits you.

More severe would be the Jesus Walking of the diving. I tried a lot but wasn't able to reproduce your bug, so if you could give some more Information on it, it would be awesome.

I will fix the "bug" when entering a Screen, and more Infos about the Jesus walk, so I can do everything in one go.
Edit: I looked at the asm, and it's easy to adjust the Speed, so I will do this.

Last edited by Conn on Thu 30 Jan 2014 - 8:43; edited 1 time in total
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 30 Jan 2014 - 8:38

ok, already done.
- gliding velocity is decreased by 1/4
- you cannot glide into other Screens anymore

hack update (v21)
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/feather.zip

So only the Jesus Walking left which I wasn't able to reproduce...
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 30 Jan 2014 - 15:22

Jeeez, this was now again bitchy...

feather update (v22)
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/feather.zip

New patch Version of complete items to work with the feather hack together:

The first problem was when gliding with the feather into a pool-staircase. Fixed

But then other problems arose: when you walk under water to a staircase, automatically emerge in front of a staircase, but then dive again, you find yourself swimming through the ground.

I attached a pic which staircases should be used. Those ones leading into the water from top will not work... best is you always need to emerge before leaving the water:

Patch update - Page 3 All-in21

This solution however isn't perfect as well (I can still cause bugs when trying hard...) but I hope the normal Player will not run in it. Maybe I spend some more time on it.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 30 Jan 2014 - 19:23

To specify the Problem better: there is a way to jump Close to the border of the pool, but not completely out. If you are here and dive, it causes bugs.

I see no solution solving this (I came to this result after 4 hours trying), neither with HM nor asm (I do not have a ram value for this collison)... if anybody has an idea, you're welcome.

This bug isn't that severe though, since People won't run into it so much. And if you use those half ladders (that they cannot jump up from ground) the Chance to run into it is even more decreased.

Patch update - Page 3 All-in22
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Potentialing Thu 30 Jan 2014 - 22:33

Conn wrote:To specify the Problem better: there is a way to jump Close to the border of the pool, but not completely out. If you are here and dive, it causes bugs.

I see no solution solving this (I came to this result after 4 hours trying), neither with HM nor asm (I do not have a ram value for this collison)... if anybody has an idea, you're welcome.

This bug isn't that severe though, since People won't run into it so much. And if you use those half ladders (that they cannot jump up from ground) the Chance to run into it is even more decreased.

Patch update - Page 3 All-in22
I actually had this problem when I made my roc's feather thing. If only we found out how LTTP detects ladder/room transition collisions, that would solve both the diving and the jumping issues we're having.

By the way, I noticed that dashing into staircase-esque tiles stops link, while holding in the running direction keeps him running. While I don't mind this, I figured I should mention it.

EDIT: Just ran into this. If you use the roc's feather and Ganon's dialogue pops up, this occurs:

Patch update - Page 3 6Etuq
Potentialing
Potentialing

Back to top Go down

Post by scawful Fri 31 Jan 2014 - 7:25

I'm not entirely up to date with everything happening, but in reference to the roc's feather being faster than the boots: the overworld will have enemies, and the roc's feather doesn't make you immune to enemy damage since you have to stop between leaps. Try applying the patch to the original link to the past and you will get hit a lot trying to traverse the overworld. So the boots still have the feather topped in that particular situation. Especially with the AST boots hack now I don't think the feather really rivals it.

Last edited by moegami on Fri 31 Jan 2014 - 7:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarity)
scawful
scawful

Patch update - Page 3 Image211

Since : 2013-07-04

http://zeniea.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 31 Jan 2014 - 7:40

I actually had this problem when I made my roc's feather thing. If only we found out how LTTP detects ladder/room transition collisions, that would solve both the diving and the jumping issues we're having.
I think a good Point to look is $0114 it is 08 while Swimming and 00 when Walking. The tile collision with a pool Exit is also there (02,04 or 0a). When entering this bug (diving on the stair Exit), this value for some reasons stays 00.

SePH also mentioned about the staircases, but different Thing (those leading to another floor). I think disabling all running with $5e: 02 should do this Job, I'll do this asap.

Couldn't reproduce the gliding at Ganon bug... maybe there was just bad luck somehow?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 31 Jan 2014 - 12:03

ok, boots are fixed:
Hack:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/pegasus_upgrade.zip

I'm still on those flippers. I hope there is a solution Sad
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Potentialing Fri 31 Jan 2014 - 12:39

Not sure how helpful this is to you, though I figured I'd share this with both you and moegami.

I have not fully confirmed this, but I'm pretty damn sure this is correct... so I was thinking we could disable the jumping to/from water so swimming behaves much like Minish Cap. This would hopefully solve part of your flipper problem, but it would most definitely fix clipping into unwanted areas with the ice rod freeze ASM.

Okay so I was just memory watching with SNES9X. I found some useful values:

$0345: Animation flag for puddles. Is #$00 on land, is #$01 while swimming.
$0A84: Possible auxiliary animation flag for puddles. #$00 is on land, #$02 (yes, two) while swimming.
$005D: State of Link. If it's #$06, he's jumping in mid-air (We already know this, but just a reminder for the purpose of this post)

So using TAS tools like frame advance (Looking at you, Tompa!), I logged the frame when I jumped into the water. I found these:

Code:
078845 lda $5d       [00005d] A:0b00 X:00fe Y:00ff S:01f4 D:0000 DB:07 nvMXdizC V:260
078847 cmp #$06               A:0b06 X:00fe Y:00ff S:01f4 D:0000 DB:07 nvMXdizC V:260
078849 beq $8851     [078851] A:0b06 X:00fe Y:00ff S:01f4 D:0000 DB:07 nvMXdiZC V:260
078851 jsr $e8f0     [07e8f0] A:0b06 X:00fe Y:00ff S:01f4 D:0000 DB:07 nvMXdiZC V:260

Code:
078828 lda $5d       [00005d] A:0a00 X:0002 Y:0002 S:01f4 D:0000 DB:07 nvMXdiZc V:258
07882a cmp #$06               A:0a06 X:0002 Y:0002 S:01f4 D:0000 DB:07 nvMXdizc V:258
07882c beq $8841     [078841] A:0a06 X:0002 Y:0002 S:01f4 D:0000 DB:07 nvMXdiZC V:258
078841 jsl $07e370   [07e370] A:0a06 X:0002 Y:0002 S:01f4 D:0000 DB:07 nvMXdiZC V:258

Code:
07e793 lda $5e       [00005e] A:0000 X:0000 Y:0002 S:01f0 D:0000 DB:07 nvMXdiZc V: 24
07e795 cmp #$06               A:0000 X:0000 Y:0002 S:01f0 D:0000 DB:07 nvMXdiZc V: 24
07e797 bne $e79e     [07e79e] A:0000 X:0000 Y:0002 S:01f0 D:0000 DB:07 NvMXdizc V: 24

Code:

07e713 lda $5e       [00005e] A:0001 X:0001 Y:0002 S:01f0 D:0000 DB:07 nvMXdizc V: 23
07e715 cmp #$06               A:0000 X:0001 Y:0002 S:01f0 D:0000 DB:07 nvMXdiZc V: 23
07e717 bne $e720     [07e720] A:0000 X:0001 Y:0002 S:01f0 D:0000 DB:07 NvMXdizc V: 23

Code:
07c307 lda #$06               A:0001 X:0002 Y:0002 S:01ec D:0000 DB:07 nvMXdizc V: 17
07c309 sta $5d       [00005d] A:0006 X:0002 Y:0002 S:01ec D:0000 DB:07 nvMXdizc V: 17
07c30b rts                    A:0006 X:0002 Y:0002 S:01ec D:0000 DB:07 nvMXdizc V: 17

This was everything related to #$06, the state while link is in the air between jumping to/from water. One of those (if not, all of them) should point to the routine where it jumps between the land/water state, and with this information should theoretically be possible to implement with a little bit of hijacking.

EDIT: Ahh, by the way, thanks for fixing the bee bug with the bottles, Conn! Glad to see that fully functional now, including the automatic net if the bottle is empty.
Potentialing
Potentialing

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 31 Jan 2014 - 19:30

Thanks. It is however difficult to adapt other codes.

I have good News; made some progress.

The code is much more stabled (you cannot dive anymore when a ladder is below you). It happens though that when you jump into the water and press the y button during the jump, you can do this Jesus walk (especially on small ladders).

I'll fix and post the (hopefully) final patch tomorrow.

Hah! Did you notice, that when catching a normal bee it does not magically transform into a good bee anymore? Smile
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next