Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Legend of Zelda  Empty The Legend of Zelda

--- PATCH ---

Patch v6 for Legend of Zelda "Project-Nested" created ROM (by Conn)*:
---- Updated: August 29, 2021 (fix for pnn 1.4.1) ----
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/nloz_msu1.zip

Mirror: https://mega.nz/file/NKcT1aRR#_Fe5r8QUDifKysDV2fKnnksBVci_GBsE-kXLN1CEVgM

-- ADDITIONAL REQUIRED DOWNLOADS ---

Project Nested NES*:
Code:
https://github.com/Myself086/Project-Nested/releases
*: patch is only compatible with pnn 1.4.1 or later!

--- SOUND PACKS ---

Assorted Arranged "30th Anniversary, The Second Narrator, etc" (by PepilloPeV) v3:
---- Updated July 31, 2021 (re-balanced audio levels) ----
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ptVfaujGhIsRim7PGxX9kXGfNe6eI9iP/view?usp=sharing

Legend of Zelda Orchestra Set by JUD6MENT:
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/wyRhnQhR#I0n_uYlrgUDqrGNAeiwHm5jmkAh5blb7rf6qs51cdo0
YouTube Preview

--- NOTES ---
Known bugs:
- when dying in the select screen the spc is played with msu (not possible to fix somehow) but it sounds ok/even good

Cheats:
7e066C-01 is the cheat for invincible.
7e0659-02 is for silver arrows
7e0657:03 is the magic sword.
7e0671:FF full triforce
With these codes, you should not have much trouble to get to Ganon. If you need more items, check this out:
https://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wiki/The_Legend_of_Zelda:RAM_map
Interesting is the item part, starting from $0657. The SNES cheats are the same, just put a $7e before, like 7e0657:03 magic sword.

Last edited by Conn on Wed 22 Dec 2021 - 16:28; edited 20 times in total
Conn
Conn

The Legend of Zelda  Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

The Legend of Zelda :: Comments

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post Wed 28 Jul 2021 - 12:39 by pev

Brutapode89 wrote:Great ! Very Happy And by the way, it works on bsnes?
It ran on my sd2snes, it should run fine on bsnes. Well, cannot say much for the random crashes. Project-Nested is a work in progress and still evolving. It will get better with time.

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Wed 28 Jul 2021 - 13:07 by Retroplay

BSNES v115, all good. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 28 Jul 2021 - 13:09 by pev

Retroplay wrote:BSNES v115, all good. Very Happy
Figured as much. Bsnes and sd2snes are mutually intertwined. If it works on one, it will on the other.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 18:26 by pev

@ToAll Updated patch to Conn's latest version. Now at v3.

@Conn Can you update the description to v3? For some odd reason, I cannot edit the main post.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Thu 29 Jul 2021 - 22:55 by Polargames

I tested it on retroarch on bsnes and snes9x and it plays well. The only issue I have ran into is that the cheats some how do not want to work at all. I have put the in manually and they just do not want to work at all. I do not know if its a retroarch issue or not. Has any one else had this problem?

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 30 Jul 2021 - 5:25 by Conn

I tested it on retroarch on bsnes and snes9x and it plays well. The only issue I have ran into is that the cheats some how do not want to work at all. I have put the in manually and they just do not want to work at all. I do not know if its a retroarch issue or not. Has any one else had this problem?
You can easily counter check snes9x - if the cheats won't work, I gave the wrong addresses (I hope not). If they work, it's a retroarch problem.

As posted in the other thread: select pause is buggy in v3, I coded v4 fix, so Pev will update after testing Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 30 Jul 2021 - 14:03 by pev

@ToAll Patch v4 is up (mute pause fix). Please test on your end as well.

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Fri 30 Jul 2021 - 16:18 by Retroplay

Project Nested v1.2 and MSU v4 patch doesn't seem to like each other, with or without profile loaded, game just boots to a blank screen and stays there (BSNES v115).

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 30 Jul 2021 - 16:36 by pev

@Retroplay Out of curiosity, did you start from scratch and not using the profile from v1.3 and old SRM? Meaning, keeping project-nested v1.2 and 1.3 isolated and deleting the old 1.3 SRM created by your emulator.

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Fri 30 Jul 2021 - 16:55 by Retroplay

Yes, I keep them separated and I tried without v1.3 profile and generated srm.

v1.2 works on its own without MSU patch, if v4 MSU is applied = blank screen.

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 30 Jul 2021 - 17:00 by pev

@Retroplay Using preferred check boxes too?

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Fri 30 Jul 2021 - 17:40 by Retroplay

pepillopev wrote:@Retroplay Using preferred check boxes too?
Yes, same check boxes and settings.
The Legend of Zelda  Zelda1bsku5
(srm generated from scratch using v1.2)

Back to top Go down

Post Fri 30 Jul 2021 - 17:41 by pev

Brutapode89 wrote:I played on my Xbox Series X via RetroArch with bsnes and Snes9x cores and it crashes again when I take in first the sword and go to the north (With four Octoroks)
If moving from 1.3 to 1.2 you have to completely disregard all files generated and used by 1.3. I would not recommend using anything from 1.3. If it crashes and it’s a out if memory based crashed, follow MySelf086’s suggestion to copy your SRM and follow step 5. This is how we reduced crashes in v1.3.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 31 Jul 2021 - 8:51 by Conn

Project Nested v1.2 and MSU v4 patch doesn't seem to like each other, with or without profile loaded, game just boots to a blank screen and stays there (BSNES v115).
Yes, the hook addresses differ in 1.2. It's not compatible. I could port it to pnn 1.2 if wished, but I have a feeling that 1.4 is coming out soon.

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Sat 31 Jul 2021 - 10:34 by Retroplay

Conn wrote:Yes, the hook addresses differ in 1.2. It's not compatible. I could port it to pnn 1.2 if wished, but I have a feeling that 1.4 is coming out soon.
Waiting for a, hopefully, more stable P-N v1.4 is what I would've done as well.

Something else I just thought of, that could be of interest on this topic.
I can see Project Nested relies on the NES rom to have a proper iNES header.
If a NES rom has no header or maybe have a header but with wrong info stored, Project-Nested will spit out a bad rom.

If in doubt, I recommend you use this to attach or fix the header before doing any patching.
http://nes.dnsabr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 31 Jul 2021 - 19:12 by pev

@Brutapode89 I removed your information posted above as it conflicts with was known working with v1.3. The post at the top was changed hours ago to avoid v1.2 and stay with v1.3. Until v1.4 is released.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sat 31 Jul 2021 - 19:23 by Relikk

@Brutapode89 Do not post in this thread again until the new version is released.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 1 Aug 2021 - 5:29 by Conn

I was talking with myself086 and coded a complete new way that injects the JSL for SNES directly in the nes code before conversation.

So this should fix
- the zelda music kicking in before a pcm track starts
- full compatibility with pnn 1.1, 1.2 and all upcoming versions.

I sent the code to Pev, he will tell you when the v5 code is ready for download.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 1 Aug 2021 - 7:24 by pev

@ToAll Fantastic collaboration from Myself086 and Conn has given us a stable game. Gentlemen, congratulations on a job well done!

Now, please make sure to follow the updated readme for v5! This is very important! The critical portion is ensuring the base rom is named to zelda1.nes. Otherwise, Conn's profile will not load in the Project-Nested app. Conn's profile contains patch code that will be injected into your base ROM before conversion. This has to happen.

Ok, did a quick speedrun on this game (using those famous scrolling clips to skip dungeon order). Finished the game and it did not crash on RetroArch 1.9.2 with Snes9x core (1.60 0655370). I will continue testing on my sd2snes flashcart and latest bsnes standalone emulator. I will post ROM in a few minutes. I encourage everyone to test as well and enjoy this jewel.
Wink

Note: I had to make an audio adjustment for the ending music. Feel free to re-download v3 of the sound pack as well. The pack still needs a bit of tweaking - so it may change from time to time as well. I encourage others to make their own sound packs too. Happy gaming.

UPDATE: The new patch is live as of today 7:31am EST

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 1 Aug 2021 - 8:39 by pev

@Brutapode You are free to post now as the patch is stable for all current versions of Project-Nested. But be warned, please read all posts, included readme, and stay informed before posting anything on this thread.

Back to top Go down

D2DEZEL

Post Sun 1 Aug 2021 - 8:42 by D2DEZEL

pepillopev wrote:@ToAll Fantastic collaboration from Myself086 and Conn has given us a stable game. Gentlemen, congratulations on a job well done!

Now, please make sure to follow the updated readme for v5! This is very important! The critical portion is ensuring the base rom is named to zelda1.nes. Otherwise, Conn's profile will not load in the Project-Nested app. Conn's profile contains patch code that will be injected into your base ROM before conversion. This has to happen.

Ok, did a quick speedrun on this game (using those famous scrolling clips to skip dungeon order). Finished the game and it did not crash on RetroArch 1.9.2 with Snes9x core (1.60 0655370). I will continue testing on my sd2snes flashcart and latest bsnes standalone emulator. I will post ROM in a few minutes. I encourage everyone to test as well and enjoy this jewel.
Wink

Note: I had to make an audio adjustment for the ending music. Feel free to re-download v3 of the sound pack as well. The pack still needs a bit of tweaking - so it may change from time to time as well. I encourage others to make their own sound packs too. Happy gaming.

UPDATE: The new patch is live as of today 7:31am EST

Which rom to choose,
I did the test with the 3 us roms, the PRG 0, PRG 1 and PRG 1 with the mods.

PRG 0, after conversion, it crashes
PRG 1, after the MSU patch, the MSU sound does not start
PRG 1 with the mods, after the MSU patch, the screen is white and flickers but the MSU sound starts.

I followed the pleaseRead.doc correctly

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next