Post by pev Wed 2 May 2018 - 12:05

Uuuuhhh, Kurrono? I’m done with MSU.

pev

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 6 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 6 Empty Re: MSU1 Patch wishlist

Post by Highblade7777 Wed 2 May 2018 - 12:55

I was referring specifically to the list at the top...I am aware of the enormous/perhaps unrealistic list assembled from every wish posted in this thread o-O

Highblade7777
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Since : 2018-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 2 May 2018 - 14:11

lol, this guy apparently simply listed every snes game out there ^^

We have around 100 titles already, currently in progress are

earthbound (code done)
prince of persia (code in testing)
YS 5
YS 4 (needs final pcm)
Jurassic Park (code in progress)
Bram Stoker Dracula (code done)
Beavis and Buttheads (code done)

The three main devs (Pev, K and me) are really exhausted, so don't expect more soon... but who knows whether DS, qwerty or Colines will dedicate to further titles.  

But among the 100 we covered all most-wished and most-desired. Every new title is a cherry on top of a cake imo, at least for myself all my most wanted titles are done already.
Conn
Conn

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 6 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Highblade7777 Wed 2 May 2018 - 14:18

Really all the greatest hits are covered. I'm still holding out hope for Lufia 2 but I acknowledge it is not well known enough to be considered with the ones you guys have done even if I praise it as belonging with the CT/FF6 crowd.

Highblade7777
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 2 May 2018 - 15:36

RPG:s are worst to msu, because if bugs/exceptions occur you need to play there to trace the code, with bad luck from beginning.

For Illusion of Gaia, I needed to watch a speedrun, and played it twice: one time with and one time without msu parallel. That took me 3-4 days to map every single track (16 hours in total).

Then: I personally don't like round based RPG:s... I prefer action rpg:s like Zelda, Illusion of Gaia... so this is not a project I will touch. But RedScorpion once stated interest, so you may be lucky that one day... Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Highblade7777 Wed 2 May 2018 - 16:05

Unfortunately that has been very apparent just with the length and detail given to FF6/CT. It was actually surprising that how different games like Secret of Mana and Evermore were when it comes to that.

Highblade7777
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by astro187 Wed 2 May 2018 - 21:08

Hello all and thanks to the developers for doing all that you do.  I don't even know if it makes sense, but I was thinking it would be cool to have an NBA Jam T.E. hack with the arcade soundtrack and restoring the in-game announcer comments that were in the arcade but not the home version.  Just thought I'd throw that out there.  Thanks again!

astro187
Newcomer

Since : 2018-04-02

Back to top Go down

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 6 Empty Wishlist

Post by PittStone Thu 7 Jun 2018 - 9:00

Im still waiting for "Zombies ate my neighbors" MSU1. Breakdance
PittStone
PittStone

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 6 Image110

Since : 2017-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Thu 7 Jun 2018 - 9:40

Is there a decent soundtrack to work with for Zombies? I remember looking once, but couldn't see anything.
Relikk
Relikk

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Thu 7 Jun 2018 - 23:55

Hello, sorry to interupt your coversation, but I would like to ask if it would be possible to do Kirby's dream land 3. I really like that game and I thik it would be cool if it could be done. I hope that it is not a hard one to do at all? Thank you and please continued your converstaion about zombies again. Thank you and sorry for being a pest.
Polargames
Polargames

MSU1 Patch wishlist - Page 6 Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsolo Fri 8 Jun 2018 - 4:34

Hi all.
Maybe you can make Jim Power - The Lost Dimension in 3D using the OSt from Jim Power in Mutant Planet from PC Engine CD?

Tsolo
Mad Batter
Mad Batter

Since : 2016-11-24

https://www.nochesskyperas.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 8 Jun 2018 - 5:59

Currently, there is little hope that further msu projects are aimed. Pev, k, I and others worked hard in the past. Maybe too hard, we are burned out. There are some open projects, like earthbound, ys5, Jurassic park, but speaking for myself I quit. Maybe you are lucky and another hacker with ambitions emerges from somewhere, but we surely cannot msu ALL snes games out there.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by lasher666 Mon 25 Jun 2018 - 12:18

Maui Malard in Cold Shadow using PC version music! Make this happen! Yes

lasher666
Newcomer

Since : 2018-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Tue 26 Jun 2018 - 6:22

Unless you learn to rom hack it yourself, i doubt maui malard will get msu, like Conn said, there has only been about 4-5 hackers that know how to make this happen and its not easy and they eventually move on from doing it because adult life is just time consuming. And if a new hacker did come along, i think they would tackle another popular title rather than a bunch of these lesser known ones being suggested.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 27 Jun 2018 - 18:46

All correct what jud6ment said. It's a thing of time and motivation. We are 4-5 active coders, maybe the same amount of pcm artists. That's too few to msu every wish. I also have 3 projects open, where 2 (Kirby and out of this world) require theme mapping and playtesting... where nobody is found yet to take this task.
Means, unless more people are willing to help, there's also little chance that more projects are taken. 1-2 people can hardly make a complete project.

Means, if a project is wished, and the code eventually realized, those people who wished should actively help in the progress. This means playtesting and theme mapping at least (code and pcm skills cannot be assumed of course).

That said, your wish is nevertheless a good one, maybe somebody goes for it. I refuse every new project. Maybe I will do evo as last one, I find the title interesting... As soon my other open 3 projects are done, I have the motivation, and somebody is willing to make the playtests that is.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 18:54

It itches a bit in my fingers to msu evo, but after the drama with ootw where it was hard to find playtesters and mappers, I'd like to ask first whether there is public dev interest helping with playtesting, theme mapping and such. Only if people here would volunteer, I'll give it a shot.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 20:45

Ive been studying every lunch break and 15 minute break at work everything i need to learn about rom hacking and and snes coding and msu-1 in hopes that i can figure out how to be the next rom hacker for the community. Im even going to take some vacation leave for a week in August to see if i can get a game done in that time. So most my time is going to be focused on that.

With that said, i will still help out if you want, i can play through mapping just like with OoTW but if i do, i would guess it can take me up to 2-3 weeks to find enough time to finish it since i work 55 hour weeks at my job until i can quit in October, its hard to find time to do anything but i can if you are ok with waiting on me to find time to get my part done. Or if you start this project up around christmas you most likely have my full support.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Thu 12 Jul 2018 - 23:37

Conn wrote:It itches a bit in my fingers to msu evo, but after the drama with ootw where it was hard to find playtesters and mappers, I'd like to ask first whether there is public dev interest helping with playtesting, theme mapping and such. Only if people here would volunteer, I'll give it a shot.

@Conn, If you want to msu evo I would be more then happy to help you out, I can be playtester and/or mapper what ever you need. I can also find music if needed Very Happy , I have already found cover art for said game. So count me in Smile
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 13 Jul 2018 - 5:10

Awesome thank you Wink It may take a time before I make it though, and a third person willing to help (e.g., for pcm) wouldn't be bad at all (I don't want to burden Pev with all my stuff, after he did Wolf3d, Kirby, ootw... ....).
FGZ requested that game, but I have little hope he's willing to help out here.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Fri 13 Jul 2018 - 7:55

I know how to do pcm if needed, but it is hard to find time since i work 55 hour a week graveyard shift job but i will help out where i can. Im quitting my job this fall when my wife finishes school and i will have a lot more time to help any group project after that though. Until then, i will do what i can though
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Fri 13 Jul 2018 - 12:06

Conn wrote:Awesome thank you Wink It may take a time before I make it though, and a third person willing to help (e.g., for pcm) wouldn't be bad at all (I don't want to burden Pev with all my stuff, after he did Wolf3d, Kirby, ootw... ....).
FGZ requested that game, but I have little hope he's willing to help out here.

No problem at all, Thats fine I can wait Very Happy , When someone does step up to the plate and you green light the project, let me know please. :-) I understand about Pev, Did all that very well by the way. If I may ask who is FGZ? Has he help out in the past?
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 13 Jul 2018 - 20:41

Fullgamezone.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Fri 13 Jul 2018 - 21:58

Conn wrote:Fullgamezone.
O ok, Now is that the one that Pep said is always trolling him on his pcms?
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sat 14 Jul 2018 - 5:29

The official EVO soundtrack has all of the main themes, but a lot of incidental themes aren't on it, so you'll need an SPC fallback or another source for those.

I'll have a go at the official soundtrack for the next few hours until the football starts and we'll see what happens.

Relikk
Relikk

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next