Erock's Christmas Beta Countdown

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Erock's Christmas Beta Countdown - Page 2 Empty Re: Erock's Christmas Beta Countdown

Post by Erockbrox Fri 11 Dec 2015 - 11:41

^ nice.

and for the numbers 9924. those are just arbitrary numbers from someone playing the game. but we could of course pick better numbers that have some significant meaning to them.

something that's not obvious yet is an easter egg for people that care about such things.

SEPH wrote:Easiest area ever!!

yeah, thats the whole point of me going this direction with my plextona hack. do the whole thing in an atari style for simplicity and ease. this way it won't take me a bazillion years to complete.

and just for the record. those dark green areas in the first image. those are holes. so maybe put a real hole (the holes on the overworld) or a whirl pool warp to the actual hole (the second image) because in the ET atari game he falls into the holes.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Erock's Christmas Beta Countdown - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Erock's Christmas Beta Countdown - Page 2 Empty Re: Erock's Christmas Beta Countdown

Post by Erockbrox Fri 11 Dec 2015 - 11:56

and the music can be 8 bit style such as this!

Thank Jesus for MSU1 and maybe Conn too!
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Fri 11 Dec 2015 - 15:28

So do we transform into ET here as a playable character or stay as conker?

Also for the hole image maybe have a stack of ET atari cartridges on one side with ET saying.

"Oh, no! My game has been buried in a landfill."
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 13 Dec 2015 - 0:14

^ wow.

This has to be some custom asm stuff. life never depleted like that in the original when you called her a mad b*tch.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Sun 13 Dec 2015 - 13:56

haha, that ending

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 13 Dec 2015 - 15:46

Are you sure you want to say

"you mad bitch"

instead of

"you fat bitch"

because someone might think you are saying "Are you mad bitch?" or "are you a mad bitch"

like conker is asking her a question rather than an insult.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 14 Dec 2015 - 0:18

Tomorrow you said that today all the areas would be done. Today is now tomorrow and yesterday was last week.

Just do it!

For some reason this reminded me of Conker.

https://2img.net/h/i48.photobucket.com/albums/f246/finaltheorygames/aggro-gatordotcom67936_zpsbyzwaue5.jpg
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Mon 14 Dec 2015 - 2:23

Stop pushing SePH around. I've noticed you do this a lot. He'll get to it when he has time during the lovely journey of life. He's only human... I think....

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Mon 14 Dec 2015 - 12:32

Tomorrow you said that today all the areas would be done. Today is now tomorrow and yesterday was last week.
How illogical. You mean: Yesterday you said, that today .... will be done. In this case the (former) tomorrow indeed became today.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Erock's Christmas Beta Countdown - Page 2 Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 15 Dec 2015 - 1:36

I hope nobody takes my motivating posts out of context. My only goal is to encourage members of the team here to do their best.

And in all honesty I think motivation can be a good thing. I view myself as like a coach or a teacher or a motivational speaker and the world needs these people.

And there is a difference between saying:

Come on! Only 5 areas left in the game. You can do it. Smile

verses

Heey, dumbass. dat game aint dune yet???

and I think seph knows that I'm only trying to encouraging here. Fingers crossed

And I'm about to spend a shit ton of time testing this game over the winter break. I only hope someone is there to motivate me because its going to require a hell of a ton of work.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Tue 15 Dec 2015 - 1:53

I like the new character.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Erock's Christmas Beta Countdown - Page 2 Image213

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 15 Dec 2015 - 2:34

now on to some comments:

Use earthquake on the delorean word (aventure text game) to warp to simpsons area
-Once in the simpsons area, touch the delorean car to warp back from where you came

interesting, never thought of just having the delorean as a warp whirlpool.

Add pac-man sprites, you'll play as ghost there and there's going to be only one enemy, pac-man

hmmm, i honestly don't think people will like playing as a ghost. when people see pac man they expect to play as pac man.

the only way i can see this happening is if you got to kill pac man while as a ghost.

-Don't forget the Toads and Yoshis heads on spikes!

Here is my take on this. I've seen other hacks and such where they play this same gimmick, but the problem is that they overplay it and the joke or whatever looses its value if done too much.

In other words sometimes less is more. what do i mean? i mean if you are going to do this you have to make it mean something. Only put 1 green yoshi bloody head on a spike. if you want another yoshi bloody head then you have to change the yoshi color to blue, red, yellow, or whatever. same with toad. Change toads hat color.

Why again? Because if you have like 5 green yoshi bloody heads in a dungeon then it doesn't mean anything, but if you only have 1 green yoshi bloody head impaled on a spike then its like "holy fu*k, yoshi is fu*king dead, shit just got real" and thats it. its like its the real deal instead of a gimmick.

in closing on this topic, you can only have 1 of each type of character dead. because by doing this you are really conveying the meaning that these characters are in fact really dead and its impact is much greater.

hope this makes sense.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 16 Dec 2015 - 12:14

Oh boy, oh boy I can't hardly wait for Christmas now. Sometimes the best presents can't be bought. Wink
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 16 Dec 2015 - 14:51

holy sh*t! we are:

Erock's Christmas Beta Countdown - Page 2 Outatime-ricky-barnard_zpsc8csp343
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 16 Dec 2015 - 19:42

this has got to be the craziest zelda hack in all existence. I have a lot of comments from the videos above, but I will wait for the xmas beta to list them.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 17 Dec 2015 - 4:25

Forget drugs, I just overdosed on HYPE for this game!

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Fri 18 Dec 2015 - 1:13

took a while, hopefully there aren't anymore because of a near future irreversible operation that is about to happen

Hmmm, I will most likely also need to proof read this before the permanent change happens. Also why is this change not allowing to edit text dialogue? I mean I'm sure you will want to change something later right?
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Fri 18 Dec 2015 - 4:59

You could always release a version of the rom before you make such changes that will render it unusable for others.

Also if this hack is a one of a kind and that's it then it even makes it even more so important that the final product is top notch quality.

Last edited by Erockbrox on Fri 18 Dec 2015 - 5:04; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : No reason at all)
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Fri 18 Dec 2015 - 18:59

Script is just fine.

And I find it hard to believe that you wouldn't change the script at all once this is done after seeing all of the changes you have made to this game over the years.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 20 Dec 2015 - 2:33

A couple things I need to say:

* Before you do anything irreversible I will need to look at it

* Conn and Euclid, you guys are doing amazing work

* Holy shit dungeon maps

* Since this hack is so custom, it may be the greatest and last type of Zelda hack of its kind. Let us make sure that the final game is stellar.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 20 Dec 2015 - 3:32

Here is something. Here is the original design.

Erock's Christmas Beta Countdown - Page 2 Untitled%2024_zpsa3j5l0sf

Now here is my redesign. It has all of the elements in the original. I had to make an assumption though. That block that makes the chest appear. Is that a one time push-able block or an infinite pushable block that just gets stuck so that it can only be pushed once?

Can you have both a 1 time pushable block and an infinite pushable block in the same room?

Either way I designed it to work within the current limitation of the original design.

Erock's Christmas Beta Countdown - Page 2 Untitled%2022_zps9huumvwt

Erock's Christmas Beta Countdown - Page 2 Untitled%2023_zpsgrn5tftb

This is why I will need a version of the rom that is compatible with hyrule magic, because I will be making similar changes to other designs and things.

The chest over-rides (replaces) the solid block, but since the chest is like a solid block in itself then it really doesn't matter.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 20 Dec 2015 - 20:43

It's not just me that's tired of the never ending complex nature of this hack, there's others as well... those who spend countless days fixing things and the older we get, the more we want to finish our tasks and think about other projects.

On a serious note here, yes of course everyone here wants the game done. But really its all about quality and if this will be your very last zelda 3 hack then might as well go out with a bang!

Once I get to play the beta then I will be able to see if the hack could benefit from this idea or not.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 20 Dec 2015 - 20:52

Oh and I also wanted to add.

You know, whenever I go into video game shops I always ask the guys there if they have heard of Parallel Worlds. And then I usually say something like "yeah, i know those guys".

Well just the other day I stopped off at the store to get another controller for xbox 360 and I told the guy that a new Zelda hack is coming out and then I told him.

"Imagine a new Zelda game where Link is replaced with Conker the squirrel. "

And then he replied with a confused...

"WWWWWHHHHHHYYYYYYYY?????"

hahhaahahahahah
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Mon 21 Dec 2015 - 1:21

Erobrocks is on the runaway hype train and it ain't stoppin' for no one.

4 DAYS LEFT, 96 HOURS REMAIN UNTIL THE MOON CRASHES THE BETA COMES OUT

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 21 Dec 2015 - 1:56

SUPER HYPE!

Erock's Christmas Beta Countdown - Page 2 Sephs%20work%20shop_zpserm5vooh
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next