Erock's Christmas Beta Countdown

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Erock's Christmas Beta Countdown - Page 3 Empty Re: Erock's Christmas Beta Countdown

Post by Euclid Tue 22 Dec 2015 - 23:19

mothwing moth is a pushover if you hit him from the back! i was going to make the waves go conkers way but the gfx would look weird.

i seriously doubt seph can pull together a long working demo in the next few days though given how much more work needs to go in.
Euclid
Euclid

Erock's Christmas Beta Countdown - Page 3 Image212

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Erock's Christmas Beta Countdown - Page 3 Empty Re: Erock's Christmas Beta Countdown

Post by Erockbrox Tue 22 Dec 2015 - 23:51

Euclid at his best

While the lightning idea on the boss is incredible, just remember that if its too hard then it might have to be adjusted a little bit.

I think this idea would be perfect if the boss simply alternated between the normal 3 ring fire attack and then the lighting attack. Both at once seem to kill off the player a little too fast

Or maybe just make the fire rate slower so that its not just spamming attacks all the time.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Erock's Christmas Beta Countdown - Page 3 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 24 Dec 2015 - 1:14

Me at my best.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Thu 24 Dec 2015 - 1:26

Wow. That's cool that the block just keeps going. That's like some "4th wall" stuff for sure.
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Erock's Christmas Beta Countdown - Page 3 Image213

Since : 2015-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 24 Dec 2015 - 1:59

SunGodPortal wrote:Wow. That's cool that the block just keeps going. That's like some "4th wall" stuff for sure.

I know, ironically it actually fits in the Conker game.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Fri 25 Dec 2015 - 21:18

i see that the speed and weed speed up or slow down the player after they take the drug. this is cool, however how long does this effect last? the slow down could get annoying if it lasts too long.

i would suggest this:

for speed, the speed boost lasts for as long as your want provided that you don't get hurt by anything. as soon as you get hurt then it goes away.

for weed, the slow down effect should only last like 5 seconds or something.

Also the animation with the letters at the start of the game. is that asm or some fmv msu1 thing. I don't think the game is staring berri is it? and is it really rareware who made this game? and this animation seems to be cut short at the end, maybe seph skipped it with a button press?

sometimes conker looks like hes in a gray scale color palette. is that supposed to be like this?

and finally the speed pill is just a battery. will the graphics be replaced with an actual pill?

Last edited by Erockbrox on Fri 25 Dec 2015 - 22:29; edited 3 times in total
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Fri 25 Dec 2015 - 21:58

Also 6 more days until new years and the actual Beta release!
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 26 Dec 2015 - 14:48

It lasts long enough to be annoying! Thats the penality for taking drugs!

Speed will boost you up.

Weed will slow you down.

This sounds just fine on paper, but we will see how everyone reacts to it. If something is annoying and its supposed to be annoying do you really think people will like it?

For the beer, you switch back and forth from fast to slow. Maybe better would be just to reverse the controls of the player on the D-pad?

Even though I dislike when games reverse my controls I think that it might better represent being drunk and disoriented than switching from fast and slow.  

Either way these should only last a small amount of time because I don't think players would want to spend an extended amount of time in these states.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Sat 26 Dec 2015 - 18:11

For the beer, you switch back and forth from fast to slow. Maybe better would be just to reverse the controls of the player on the D-pad?

That's a great idea. I always liked it in Castlevania Legacy of Darkness when there was a boss (Ortega) that would hit you with this ray that would confuse you for a few seconds. There would be stars or something going around your head and the directions would be reversed.

Seems like I also remember something like that in one or more of the Seiken Densetsu games.

I like both ideas actually. It would be funny to mix the two. That would be like the player is totally drunk. LOL
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 27 Dec 2015 - 0:18

Just some more thoughts.

For the speed pill I think it would be cool if when you took the pill that you got the speed boost, but figuring out how long it lasts is the challenge to this ability. Here is a trick that I do when designing games. I simply look at something similar from another well established game and simply copy it.

So I checked out Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and counted how long the speed shoes lasted. I believe it lasts 20 seconds. So that's how long I would make the speed pill last. You might want to double check that, but you get the idea.

For the weed keep the slowdown, but make it only last 20 seconds.

For the beer reverse the controls AND make the player slow down for 20 seconds. If the controls are reversed players will be running into walls and looking all stupid... which is exactly what a drunk person would be doing!!! lol

In comparison the mario star power in smw lasts 15 seconds and the p-switch timer lasts 10 seconds.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Mon 28 Dec 2015 - 0:50

હેદρમ™️ wrote:Hey I like you Eric, I really do!! But don't be greedy Eric, you don't wanna awaken the dragon do you?! Very Happy

The project might be finished and done and you book so it might not happen, but we are getting pretty close to Eric being a roasted turkey, a juicy... tasty turkey.... *drools* with gravy and pumkin pie... What were we talking about again?

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 28 Dec 2015 - 1:53

All I'm offering is my suggestions from a design point of view. Coding however, especially in a hack is a whole other animal. I don't know how difficult things are or are not from a coding perspective.

By the way reverse controls for left and right in smw is this.

Code:
LDA $15
BIT #$03
BEQ .Return
EOR #$03
STA $15
.Return:
RTS

Last edited by Erockbrox on Mon 28 Dec 2015 - 2:04; edited 1 time in total
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Mon 28 Dec 2015 - 2:17

A Link of the Past was developed by a rather large team since it was such a complex project. It probably had a 100 people working on it which was pretty big for the time. How many people do we have for this project? At most 10. In fact, the game is so difficult to hack that there's a forum dedicated to it. I forget what the name is though.

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Mon 28 Dec 2015 - 2:52

Here is an idea on a possible effect that could be used when Conker takes the drugs.

I don't know if it really can be used or not, but its an idea.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Mon 28 Dec 2015 - 15:06

SePH, Sent you a PM. It should be trivial. thanks!

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 29 Dec 2015 - 2:18

HeartrademarkYYYcents
You mean Spade-trademark-Yen-cent.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 29 Dec 2015 - 3:52

^ You mean... 3 days until beta
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Tue 29 Dec 2015 - 5:55

Puzzledude wrote:
HeartrademarkYYYcents
You mean Spade-trademark-Yen-cent.
My name pronounced "Sir Van Trovsky the Third" or "Trovksy" for short and I would greatly appreciate it if everyone didn't talk about the nick change. Soon Trovsky will be dead as well but we got a bit of time before that happens.

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 29 Dec 2015 - 7:05

^ You mean... 3 days until beta

Yesterday, I was playing the first dungeon. I'd not say it is really a beta, more a gamma, but still worth a release to all your mods. Euclid and I currently daily post a asm to SePH, so I need a short vacation now. There's still a long way to go.

As for the beer. I think it is fine with slow/fast right now. MoN will supply a hdma effect so no need to mess up the bg palette Wink
Conn
Conn

Erock's Christmas Beta Countdown - Page 3 Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 29 Dec 2015 - 17:30

Even though I have not played the game yet, regarding the drunk effect. Maybe try and make it alternate between slow and normal walking speeds. Why? Because I don't know anyone who runs fast while drunk.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by SunGodPortal Tue 29 Dec 2015 - 18:32

I really like the fast and slow idea because when I've been drinking and I try to play drums I can't keep time properly. I'm always either too fast or too slow. LOL
SunGodPortal
SunGodPortal

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 30 Dec 2015 - 23:49

24 hours until the beta! Very Happy
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Thu 31 Dec 2015 - 15:10

HYPE!!!!!!!!!!

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 31 Dec 2015 - 15:41

LESS THAN 24 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Confused
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Thu 31 Dec 2015 - 16:00

♠️™️¥¢ wrote:HYPE!!!!!!!!!!
What's that mean. It's not in the dictionary.

Erockbrox wrote:LESS THAN 24 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Confused
Actually it is already (almost/practically) over/done, where I am. 100 minutes to go!!

Happy new year everyone,

and we'll probably already be sleeping in Europe when the beta comes out, unless we will be able to prolong the party for several hours. Smile
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next