Guards warping you at the beginning if they catch you!

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Guards warping you at the beginning if they catch you! - Page 2 Empty Re: Guards warping you at the beginning if they catch you!

Post by Euclid Thu 13 Oct 2016 - 7:29

hmm bit more complicated than it looks.

I'll do all my tasks over the weekend and see what I can whip up.

Look out for updates of the following patches. I'll update them to fix the following things
- hdma effects (lingering weed effect in room)
- ending asm (remove room 1 check)
- actual weed factory asm
- maps (it's not going to work with that overworld map - I'll fix it so Erock won't complain)

Not sure if Conn will need to come out of retirement to tag a MSU theme to this place... lol

EDIT: I don't see the lifebelt added to the milk bar yet - I'm guessing seph is still onto it.

Last edited by Euclid on Thu 13 Oct 2016 - 7:39; edited 1 time in total
Euclid
Euclid

Guards warping you at the beginning if they catch you! - Page 2 Image212

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Guards warping you at the beginning if they catch you! - Page 2 Empty Re: Guards warping you at the beginning if they catch you!

Post by Conn Thu 13 Oct 2016 - 7:38

It's not that complicated Wink but yes, a bit sophisticated as there is no ram to disable B,Y... only for A. I think you can use my code nearly 1:1.

As for the chest, I think this is of course problematic - when disabling the A button, you cannot open it Very Happy
I do not know whether SePH implements 2 rooms here, but probably you can renounce on disabling A, as you get the boots a bit later first.

If SePH wants a different MSU1 played here, I of course can implement it quite easy in 2 minutes. Just use one not used like cathedral or whatever (just the msu1 track so I do not need to rewrite the bml with theme 103 or whatever; as native theme choose anything you want. Minigame might be suited). And send me a fresh rom with the usual stuff (native theme, entrance in hex Wink

Last edited by Conn on Thu 13 Oct 2016 - 8:18; edited 2 times in total
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Thu 13 Oct 2016 - 7:40

Nope only 1 room, i'll just keep A active, just have to make sure you can't stun/kill the guards (alternatively I can probably warp you out from killing them lol)

Edit: I do sort of want the one ring to work - kinda like a backup for the people who are hopeless at this kind of stuff.
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 13 Oct 2016 - 7:44

This is a good idea Wink
In this case (one room only), adding
JSL $82B929  ; save room progress
is mandatory after storing #$19 to $11 so that the opened chest gets saved to room process sram. I guess nobody will make it to the entrance afterwards and prefer being warped out.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Thu 13 Oct 2016 - 9:39

Sounds like a good plan!

@euclid: I will also give you details about the big chest that I move in the 1st dungeon that removes all backtracking to get that hard optional puzzle much faster..and fix all typos as well and send you my monologues 0-199 rom hopefully for the final time. Hopefully you should be all done after these tasks.

All that will be left is the big fairy and skuj room.

Then I'll release a final build for beta testers and if all is well final game on the 31st. After that we all going to be retired!!

Puzz also wants me to change his radical message in the Dev's hideout since he changed his mind on the repros (probably due to my response and conn in his bar thread) Razz

@conn: I'll give you details about song played and msu at home, entrance is 60. THX!

Floki

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 13 Oct 2016 - 13:06

alright, I await your instructions. Do not forget to attach a new version so I can try it out.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Thu 13 Oct 2016 - 13:39

Alright thanks.

I also forgot to tell you Euclid room also still loads theme 17 instead of 83. All the rest of your fixes seemed okay. Haven't tested the ending 2 but you already told me it was ok except some contrast, but I'm fine with that.

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Thu 13 Oct 2016 - 14:28

strange... I thought I tested. Well, in that case, please also give me that entrance again, (as well as the native theme, you already listed above).

Edit: I retested and for me, it plays theme 83 at Euclid... could you check which theme 83 you have, it should be a simple flaw by your side.

Here's the contrast thing (all screens taken from my current v5 fix):
Guards warping you at the beginning if they catch you! - Page 2 Conker35
Guards warping you at the beginning if they catch you! - Page 2 Conker33
Guards warping you at the beginning if they catch you! - Page 2 Conker34
Guards warping you at the beginning if they catch you! - Page 2 Conker36
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Thu 13 Oct 2016 - 20:31

Alright I'll re-check!

It's a good thing you told me there was a different contrast because otherwise I wouldn't have noticed! :-P

Skuj is also done with his puzzle and I'll port it as soon as he sends me his rom Smile

I'll send you instructions on themes etc... for the weed factory in a couple hours before going to sleep (along the last rom of course), thank you!

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Fri 14 Oct 2016 - 3:55

There's something wrong with my rom (probably due to MSU hacks not done)

There seems to be no sound at all in that entrance and Area 1B.
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 14 Oct 2016 - 3:58

I have no fresh rom yet, which entrance do you mean and which one is area 1b? I can check with my last rom.

Edit:
here's the reason for 1b, SePH made it FF. All areas with FF, also 00, 03, 05 have no msu:
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Fri 14 Oct 2016 - 4:24

My rom is completely silent in Area 1B and Entrance 60 - not even SFX comes out - however if i go back into the milk bar the music resumes (this is all SPC fallback)

CORE ASM is DONE!

The ASM listens for any SFX which isn't cape/menu/item get/textbox and boots you out.

The weed effect "lingers" for another 0x04B0 after exiting room 1 (I think ~20 seconds from the other thread?) - side effect of me hooking off weed hdma effect which is all hooked up via Conn's timers. If you were drunk/on speed while entering those get canceled immediately.

There's a hidden easter egg which I just couldn't resist doing - try getting healed by the sexy bat.

Now I'll update ending asm, monologue move and overworld maps in slower time - those have 0.1% chance of breaking other things compared to this one which is literally hooked off the SFX code. Done - quicker than I thought.
Attachments
Guards warping you at the beginning if they catch you! - Page 2 Attachment
weedfactory.asm.txt You don't have permission to download attachments.(4 Kb) Downloaded 5 times
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 14 Oct 2016 - 4:54

could you give a value at 11/a41b: ff -> 29 to see whether your bug still remains? The reason of no sound at entrance 60 is that there is probably no native track given via HM.

SePH, when you send me a fresh rom with Euclid's latest asm:s included (above weed asm, the new credits and dungeon maps asm, posted in the other threads), please also assign a track at that address (11/a41b and entrance 60) so I can fix possible bugs in one go..
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Fri 14 Oct 2016 - 7:25

I didn't do native and msu-1 tables for that overworlds area, not really a bug, I rushed this.

Will test after work, thanks Euclid!!!

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Fri 14 Oct 2016 - 18:18

Freaking fantastic job Euclid!!! Very Happy

I like that very much!

Very challenging, so I may have to change my paths a bit, after five times, the guards caught me everytime Smile

Also, nice easter egg!

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 14 Oct 2016 - 18:26

Cool Very Happy  are you able to send me a fresh version soon so I also finish up Wink

What's the Easter egg?

Also did you get Euclid theme work?
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Fri 14 Oct 2016 - 18:46

Whoa hold on, I just arrived from work, I can't do everybody at once, take a number haha

Easter egg is when you get healed at the fairy you get the same effect as being high on weed Razz

I haven't tried anything else, I went to sleep at 4am this morning and only slept 2 hours since I was busy with skuj puzzle!

^^But it is has to be remade, since I used the two god damn floor patterns used for ganon.

I can't promise you I'll do your tasks tonight (even if its little) I'm pretty tired already, but it will be sometime during your weekend/my weekend.

Please be patient, I have Euclid asm stuff to test, skuj and you and can't do everything at the same time (also same reason I don't think I'll need Erock for the next build I'll upload). I mean...100 things to redo, no way in hell! I'm not trying to win a contest with this hack....I already won the whole competition! lol

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Fri 14 Oct 2016 - 19:01

^^Here's Euclid stuff!

I'll do the warping monologue later, same with changing my room layouts to be easier.

Also fix the native and msu tables when I get the chance, too tired to do more hacking today (that'll teach me to sleep two hours a day before working ten hours)! Ohmygod

But, I do really feel high all the time now playing this hack, even though I stopped using drugs for four months Very Happy

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Fri 14 Oct 2016 - 19:27

Oh god.

What did I just witnessed. Jesus Christ.

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Fri 14 Oct 2016 - 19:47

is that from Erock's thread? there's no penalty for falling lol
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 14 Oct 2016 - 19:54

Disgust

sneakíng away.... and then RUNNNNNNN!

Oh my goodness!!!! Confused
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Floki Fri 14 Oct 2016 - 20:26

I think I'll add a note in that room!

Narrator: Caution. This puzzle doesn't requires you to draw a checkerboard on your T.V.

Conker: Why would I do that? This is kinda dumb.

Narrator: Oh yeah? You never know what sometimes people are capable of!

Think Conker, THINK! The solution lays right in one of your inventory items!

Floki

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 14 Oct 2016 - 20:36

*lol, yes, that's real fun! I'd never have the idea to paint with a pen on my tv screen. ZELDAMANIA!!!! :p

btw: do you have the funny topic on how to remove a header somewhere still? That was some years ago, but I just remembered.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Fri 14 Oct 2016 - 21:55

i find it funny the pen marks are still there in a later screenshot
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Sat 15 Oct 2016 - 9:03

lol I just did some testing and indirectly I've made taking a fairy getting the weed effect.

Want me to fix it or leave it?
Euclid
Euclid

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next