Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Page 39 of 39 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39

Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 39 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Founder Wed 26 Aug 2015 - 19:16

Alright alright, I'll send ya my latest rom and instructions for the new hud via e-mail later today Euclid ;-P

Erock, I may change the building eventually so that it actually looks like an original playstation so that the logo is kinda incrusted into the console/building! It isn't funny, but I had this idea RIGHT AFTER finishing the building tiles lol

Thanks for remainding me an idea I once had Conn! But yeah I basically wanted to add the Umbrella logo in the entrance lobby of the mansion but never did it since...well... you know me, I often change tasks and forget about others. Like Euclid tasks for exemple. I often push them back, but the funny thing is that he could be working alongside me while I do other stuff, then waiting for me to complete everything! But that last comment of his made me realize how simple it is to write an email and end send a latest rom with instructions :-p

P.S. Find me a good replacement smilie and I'll do it.. if not I could make you temporary admin so you suit yourself or I'll have to stop Euclid's tasks to do a simple smilie edit! I'm lazy, you have no idea lol

Founder

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 39 Image212

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 39 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Conn Thu 27 Aug 2015 - 5:42

No worries, just don't forget to write all ideas down, so you'll never really get in danger to forget them. Also write down my remaining tasks:
- msu fix (possible after all overworld is set),
- trovsky's request of changing the logo to msu, and another thing was there also... oh yes,
- the 3-option text that bugs at other places, I almost forgot.
Make a text file with "Conn's tasks list", write that down and add stuff whenever something else pops up (e.g., L1 flute by old man isn't tested) and send me the list along with the latest rom once you're done with the overworld. Until then (which I assume will take some months) I wish Euclid and you much success (and enjoy my freetime in Barcelona)! Very Happy

These 3 smileys I request to replace:

Tongue out: ": P": Razz -> (I just animated it) ^^: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 39 Newt10

Sad: ": (": Sad -> Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 39 Sad10

blink eye: "; )" Wink -> (I just animated it as well ^^): Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 39 Ezgif-11

You can either do this yourself - guess it is 3 mouseclicks, or you can make me admin and I go for it myself. Just as you like.
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Thu 27 Aug 2015 - 7:59

I got bored...
Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 39 H3D1MbV

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2014-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 28 Aug 2015 - 11:57

No worries about the remaining stuff Conn... I'll go though all fifty pages of this ongoing thread soon enough to make sure I didn't forget anything! Enjoy your trip in Barcelona! Going back to Cuba myself in october so I know how you feel! Was scared of taking a plane the first time, but now I'm eager to go take a flight trip right away! It's always nice to leave home to enjoy some awesome time in other ''worlds'' lol

Thanks trovsky, this will a perfect logo for the new console/building which I'll build after I'm done with Euclid's task which have taken top priority now!

P.S. I'll add those smilies tommorow or the day after or later in the week Laughing

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 29 Aug 2015 - 10:00

I can read that text font now very easily! Excellent. Yes
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 39 Image211

Since : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 29 Aug 2015 - 20:40

Thank you!

All that remains now is to make the Quest Status screen and then send everything to Euclid and then I'll resume my overworlds duties.

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 9 Sep 2015 - 10:46

Make the pipes like in these dungeon rooms into Super Mario screen scrolling pipes from SMB3!

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 39 Conker%20pipes_zpsaa47khtz

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Wed 9 Sep 2015 - 12:38

Oh wow thats an awesome idea actually!

I was wondering how I would connect my super mario bros 1 universe to the n64 castle... and this idea could very well seal the deal!

You defeat Ganon, get zapped in the SMB1 universe, then find a pipe which leads to a system of pipes like in SMB3... which leads to the n64 castle!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 10 Sep 2015 - 10:50

A long time ago a great hacker named Reshaper256 was actively working on ground breaking ASM stuff in Zelda 3. He managed to code brand new custom enemies from scratch.

There used to be videos on youtube showing these off, but sadly they are gone.

I recently contacted him to see if he was willing to contribute his resources to the hack. Here is the conversation.

Erock wrote:Hi, I haven't talked with you in years. Just as a reminder I was working on the Quest for Calatia hack by gamemaker24. You even helped me try to get into learning ASM too. Actually I'm now just barely understanding it and I've only used it on some super mario world hacks, but still I've made progress.

Last time I was talking with you, you were teaching a class of some sort if I recall correctly. I wanted to e-mail you to let you know that I have actually still been working on the Zelda hack, however due to the inactivity of Zack with the Calatia hack I have now joined Seph and his team for his Zelda hack.

Seph's hack is a very wild and strange hack that is not a traditional Zelda hack at all, but so many talented people are working on it and it will surely be a success. His hack is actually nearing completion pretty soon and it will most likely be the biggest and most renowned Zelda hack ever to date.

I just wanted to let you know that we are looking for all the help and resources that we can find for this hack. I know that you had learned so much advanced and amazing ASM stuff. So if you want to be a part of this big game and have something to offer now is the time to join and check out the project.

I remember you coding custom sprite enemies long ago and just to let you know, nobody has ever coded such things since. That means that you have done something spectacular. I also remember you were working on some kind of spite custom creator program and custom dungeon headers.

We could really use those resources for the game at Zeldix and it would be a big help for the hack. If you could help us out with your resources you would get lots of props and credit in the game for sure. It would also be sad if those custom enemies you worked so hard on never saw the light of day and were never implemented in a game.

Let me know if you are interested in helping out. The guys at Zeldix would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Reshaper256 wrote:Hey Erock, it's great to hear from you, and of course I remember you. Smile

I honestly don't expect to have much time right now to contribute, but if I get some down time I'll dig through some of my old notes and see if I can salvage anything that could be useful for you guys.

I'm pretty busy at the moment with personal projects and work. I'm still teaching math (part-time) and I just recently graduated from graduate school. I'm looking for a job either teaching computer science or in game-design/programming and my current focus is building a strong programming portfolio. Sadly, even if it is impressive work, ROM-hacking would look pretty shady in a professional portfolio.

So I would be more inclined to work on or collaborate on something that would be more presentable in that regard, like programming and designing a marketable "Zelda-like" game from scratch... or something like that. If any of you guys would ever be interested in collaborating on something like that let me know.

But thanks for contacting me again, and I'm glad to hear the community is still alive. Smile

Maybe we can get those resources after all. Fingers crossed
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sun 13 Sep 2015 - 7:15

Okay I just send a very compelling message to Reshaper256 an order to convince him to post his Zelda 3 hacking resources.

Also after talking with Zack, it turns out that not even Zack has those custom enemies that Reshaper created. So its pretty important to get those considering that no one else has made custom enemies from scratch since.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 19 Sep 2015 - 7:05

Yeah, you should finish it soon!!! Razz
I think I also would have a solution for the msu bug. I need to make another table for the themes however, I think (similar to that I made with the native themes), but we get to this when we get to this, first Euclid needs to finish his amazing, gigantic tasks (maps, hud, compass... ... ...).

-------

https://www.zeldix.net/viewtopic.forum?t=891
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-07-01

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 39 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39