Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 38 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Erockbrox Mon 10 Aug 2015 - 16:00

seph wrote:Just for you Erock, I'm moving all my tiles down so you can see the name when you enter!

This is great! And don't just do this for me, do it for the 40,000 plus players who will be playing the game.

Also, very interesting that the star wars droid is the prayer stone, but those turtles looks way out of place. How about replacing those turtles with X-wing fighter jets from Star Wars! That would fit perfect and I'm sure there is some artwork from some Star Wars game that already exists.

Here I just found an X wing fighter on yahoo image search and scaled it down to fit and replace the turtle shell.

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 38 Xwing%20fighter_zpsse1cyrp0

Do something like this. Smile
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 38 Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 38 Empty Re: Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos!

Post by Mr.x Tue 11 Aug 2015 - 15:21

@SePH thanks you for informing me. I always thought that the MSU title was strange.

Conn wrote:Jupp [sic], make a list, describe what I must do to access the bug, Mr.x wants a logo msu, and the msu stuff I added last time is also not working properly, so I'll fix that all in one go.
Thanks a bundle. It's important to note but SePH has added the Kokiri Milk Bar and I made a track for it. If you are already aware, that's great; I just wanted to inform you so you don't have to go back and do it a second time.

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Since : 2014-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Mon 17 Aug 2015 - 15:32

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 38 Image1_zpswbka9fiv

Nothing inserted yet, but will be simple enough to do.

If you guys know a little bit about the history of rivality between Apple and Microsoft in the early 90's, then you'll be pleased to know that both Steve Jobs and Bill Gates are going to make special cameo appearrances in the hack!

How you access those special areas is going to be tweaked a bit depending on if you chose the lightside or the darkside ;-)

I'll let you guys find out who are good and evil ones here :-P

Founder

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 38 Image212

Since : 2012-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 1:23

This looks like it would be a good idea to watch.

Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 10:33

Chris Seavor speaking on if Conker could be made today:

''If it was now and we we had the same team, it wouldn't... I don't think we'd do a game that people would want to play because they'd want the original Conker but again, but we're not the people to make that game - ironically. Because we've changed, my tastes have changed and I've moved on. You'd have a hard time getting it made now.''

Thankfully for you Chris, my current tastes are pretty much the same as when you did that game in the first place. So cheer up! It will be unoficial, but I hope you still get to play this romhack someday... or in another Parallel Universe perhaps!

Thanks for sharing Erock!

It's amazing to note that my romhack has had a similar development over the years. Conker first appeared to the press as a cute little squirrel in Twelve Tales which was going to be much similar to Banjo Kazooie or Mario64... but then halfway though development they dicided to turn the game into a mature game with gore blood, dark comedy and even a giant opera singing turd!

First announced my hack as a sequel to Parallel Worlds... then five years later decided that it would be an unoficial sequel to Conker's Bad Fur Day instead... So much as changed in those years. Met bunch of wonderful hackers along the way. Others just pinching great ideas there and there.

But I'm quite happy about the changes overall. I'm also quite confident this hack will make some headlines when it's done. I'd love to see IGN review this like they once did with the ''super illegal pokémon game that is unofficial but you still have to play'' and other unusual stuff. But that may be asking for too much :-)

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 12:05

Here's a video demonstration on how I add pretty much all my dialogue sentences into the game!

Watch in 720p and full screen ;-)

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 13:34

Actually I think the goal should be to gain media attention. If lots of people enjoy rom hacks and they are valued by the public then maybe the companies might be more welcoming of them.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 15:42

Perhaps.

Meanwhile, I've decided to push the beta release date from october until ''it is actually fully finished''.

Meaning I don't know when it'll be done.

I took a one week break from hacking and got so many new ideas it isn't funny. Everytime I take breaks and start working on it again, I have the same weird feeling: ''It could easily take another year to polish things up before releasing it because of the perfection I am aiming for''.

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 20:56

Seph, in all honesty we have to do whatever it takes for the game to be as good as it can be.

Even if it takes another year... Crying or Very sad

but I wouldn't mind a beta at some point before the final release.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Wed 19 Aug 2015 - 3:42

Reworked on my beginning tileset...

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 38 Image19_zpsznzlmezm

...you'll now start in the mushroom kingdom and be able to access peach's castle much much earlier because it will play a bigger role in the long run then simply hosting the final boss battle.

The mushroom kingdom will still be black and white at the beginning and once you healed the land, it will be similar to the picture above, rainbows and all that shit!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Thu 20 Aug 2015 - 4:32

In that mushroom kingdom tile set you have above there, do those stars and mushrooms represent solid objects?

I ask this because if they are then they might be obstructions rather more than anything. I player is supposed to roam about somewhat in an open area.

If the area has too many obstacles then it makes it tedious to navigate through.  

So what's the story anyway with the game. How did Conker get into this game in the first place... story wise?

Also you should make the falling rock of death mountain into falling smelly turd balls. Big balls of poop.

Sorry for being gross but got the idea from conkers bad fur day.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Thu 20 Aug 2015 - 9:37

The area above isn't inserted into the game yet. Its my workspace so things will probably looking much different. Yes those stars are solid objects.

Cant use the falling rocks in the hack since those only work on bigger areas and I have none due to neonswift 2 layers on overworlds hack which works only on small areas.

How Conker got there is explained in the star wars intro dialogue.

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Fri 21 Aug 2015 - 18:51

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 38 Image8_zpshmitmsoy

Tilesets done. Left is to insert them. Nostalgia much? The last two areas of the light/dark side paths, representing the last areas of the lightside where you'll find the blue lightsaber.

So you'll have:
-----------------
Both---------ZeldaGB
Lightside-----Zelda 2---Zelda 3
Darkside-----Zelda 1---Zelda Minish Cap

Next task please!

It's funny but I never thought the overworlds would first be completed outside of the game via that big overworld image I edit everyday in paint shop pro, before inserting them into the game :-P

But it does fasten up my pace and my motivation stays on top that way.

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Fri 21 Aug 2015 - 19:15

Nice image, I'm glad to see stuff getting done! I personally like your monochromatic approach to the tileset. It gives the area a creepy as well as nostalgic feel. Also the tilesets are smaller too; is this a callback to Minish Cap or what?

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Fri 21 Aug 2015 - 23:29

In the last screen there. I like the font that says "lift, spin, swim" but the font that says "money" in my opinion is hard to read.

Looking good though.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Sat 22 Aug 2015 - 10:13

It's supposed to be sloppy. I'm surprised that it's easily readable (at least for me)!

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 22 Aug 2015 - 14:08

Better get used to it since the old font is gone!

Seriously though, which letters you're having a hard time to read? Maybe you need glasses ;-p

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Sat 22 Aug 2015 - 18:54

I have an idea, you should include a joke in your hack about the original Conker the squirrel game.

The original name of Conker was Conker's Quest, then retitled Twelve Tales. So maybe make a joke somewhere like:

When Conker opens the chest to get his first tail he says "Oh, boy... don't tell me there will be twelve of these damn things"

or

"What the fu*k do I look like a squirrel with twelve tails?"

or

just something referencing the original Twelve Tails game name.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Founder Sat 22 Aug 2015 - 19:01

Thanks for the quick idea you just had, afterall it's out of all these ideas that the hack is being made. Had to realize that after you showed me that Conker develloper's video!

Here's an exemple of ending screen that would use an overworld area...

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 38 Image10f_zpstohvbd9p

Text isn't final and neither is the font lol

It's an exemple!

Alright off to some more editing!

Archery  Big Triforce

LINK: Damn! All I want is to hit that damn Triforce! Get off the way women!

Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.x Sat 22 Aug 2015 - 20:30

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 38 I1xB7Pu

Last edited by Trovsky on Sat 24 Jun 2017 - 2:56; edited 1 time in total

Mr.x
Fluteboy
Fluteboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 23 Aug 2015 - 7:54

Last I recall, if I changed screens, I simply needed to re-run the correct ending asm file which I happen to still have somewhere.
be sure to use the latest versions, with the 5th sith ending... also, I'm not sure whether you can make your way through dosbox to use the program gif2snesopt... well, we come to it when it comes to it.

As for the msu, I sent you a pm why it probably bugs (same native theme when changing overworlds will not induce a pcm change). I have no idea how I could make a common code to fix the bug. So I have to make that theme change hardcoded, and here I would need to know all possibilities how you can get to an overworld where you need a theme change - for example change from screen 30 to 31, 40 to 41..., use the flute, whirlpool, etc. Therefore, this can only be done at the very end of your progress when we're sure that you won't change the overworld anymore, or better when you have set all screen transitions, flute points and such stuff.
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Euclid Tue 25 Aug 2015 - 18:42

Looks like i'll be doing your stuff during december at this rate
Euclid
Euclid

Since : 2012-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 25 Aug 2015 - 19:37

The Sony Substation is a very funny name and idea I like it. That Sony pixel logo though could look just a little better.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 25 Aug 2015 - 19:57

If you're going to add themes for your dungeons as well, the umbrella should fit somehow in your mansion Razz (<- hope you change these smileys soon, https://www.zeldix.net/t749-updated-the-forum-smilies my last post)

Conker's™ Hyrulian Tail ~ Screenshots and Videos! - Page 38 Umbrella-corp-icon
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next