Street Fighter II' Turbo

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Street Fighter II' Turbo - Page 3 Empty Street Fighter II' Turbo

Heavy Damage Arcade-like Patch by gizaha:
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/hd_sf2_msu1.zip
You will hear faster music as soon the energy is low. Check if the PCM pack you download supports HD (tracks 50-61 are present).

Patch by Conn (original patch):
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/sf2_turbo_patch.zip

PCM Packs

Arcade CPS pack (by Relikk):
Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahue7izQZmougfdd9PEbT4VDL8RA_A
Supports Heavy Damage

HD Remix (OC Remix) pack (by PittStone):
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!GW4n3SRJ!SEj1GmdyzbwXGGYdcUmDin90roXQR4HAhPIOwRSH8mY
Does not support Heavy Damage (copy themes 50-61 from another set for HD)

CPS2+ (by gyaragax):
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!VeYW1TyK!ey1QUrzId6cREyS3YOpEXec5bC71oIi3kOyFwncobuA
YouTube Preview
Supports Heavy Damage

Ultra Street Fighter II' (Nintendo Switch) (by Cyber-Yagami):
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/z06mo4j4l4b6vkw
YouTube Preview
Does not support Heavy Damage (copy themes 50-61 from another set for HD)

- Track Map (by Relikk) -
Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yqfm5fdyaHe0LyRFqOV7HfgKVtkPFsLNbdFpiNf-gYI

Last edited by RedScorpion on Thu 22 Mar 2018 - 17:18; edited 1 time in total
RedScorpion
RedScorpion

Street Fighter II' Turbo - Page 3 Image111

Since : 2013-04-28

http://www.snes-projects.de

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Street Fighter II' Turbo :: Comments

Post Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 8:46 by gizaha

Conn wrote:Is my help still required? Get 1.1 hook or whatever?

In your new patch file are 3 ips where I do not know the purpose of the third. Maybe a short readme is good. I'd suggest for simplifying that you provide only the merged version with optimal fade adjustment (guess theme restart each round is mandatory). The single patch without my patch preapppied doesn't work anyways and if it is preapplied reapplying the merged patch makes no difference...

Edit:
Here you go. It is your latest patch (30% health) merged with my patch and Relikk's adjustments to restart the music each round (otherwise you get the problem that the normal theme won't restart in the second round):

theme restarts playing each round:
02/70316: f0 35 -> ea ea
02/703c7: ea ea ea -> 9c b7 1c
02/703e9: d0 1f -> 80 17

fade to zero each round transition instead fading to half:
02/704ab: 40 -> 00
02/704b1: 40 -> 05
02/704bb: 40 -> 00

Feel free to use it for your first post. Included are both versions (1.0, 1.1) and a readme
I've just came home from work. Of course i will use it, as it's for common good.
Thank you very much.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 14:01 by Conn

Nice Very Happy
You forgot to attach it to the first post, so I edited it. Hope we are through with this process Smile
Ah, the attachment is only shown if you are on the first page of this blog, so I uploaded it on my bszelda server and posted that link in the first post

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 15:52 by Señor Ventura

The immediate problem is that there is so many version of the hack... nothing standardized.

For one side we have the color hack rom, for another side the one with the arcade sound fx for punches, and then a lot of hacks with undetermined ways of rules...

I have some time from now to the sunday, Wich hex editor can i use to edit the rom?.

I will try to achieve that the music cuts when the game starts the scoring, and not since one fighter is defeated (in the arcade version the music is still playing a little bit more than the snes version).

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 16:01 by Relikk

Merging the two threads might be a good start, but yeah, I think the way it is now with heavy damage and the fade outs after each round should be the default hack as that's the way the arcade is. The colour and sound effects hacks aren't really necessary.

Anyway, I'm not going to say any more in these threads for fear that Conn will hunt me down and kill me. He must hate the sight of this game by now.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 16:29 by Señor Ventura

I'm trying to use the hex editor, but i have some problems... abot the concept, and about the directions itself.

I can't find these lines in the rom:

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 16:38 by Relikk

Ctrl+G (or whatever your "Goto" command is, or go to Search -> Goto)... Forget the slashes and put in 0270316 for example. The values it goes to should be F0 35, change them to EA EA. Do the same with the rest of the values listed. For example, the second line you go to 02703C7 and change EA EA EA to 9C B7 1C.

Doesn't the final patch in the first post have this done now, though?

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 17:02 by gizaha

Señor Ventura wrote:I'm trying to use the hex editor, but i have some problems... abot the concept, and about the directions itself.

I can't find these lines in the rom:

There is no reason to do that. The existing patch has the audio fade out each round

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 27 Jan 2018 - 17:15 by Señor Ventura

Relikk wrote:Ctrl+G (or whatever your "Goto" command is, or go to Search -> Goto)... Forget the slashes and put in 0270316 for example. The values it goes to should be F0 35, change them to EA EA. Do the same with the rest of the values listed. For example, the second line you go to 02703C7 and change EA EA EA to 9C B7 1C.

Doesn't the final patch in the first post have this done now, though?

All right... i was searching the 70316 line xD

But, what about if i want to do that the music cuts just when the program do the scoring after a round, and not just when a fighter is defeated?.

I have the nocashsnes, and the debug says this in that point of the combat (just when the arcade, more or less, cuts the music):
Image:

gizaha wrote:There is no reason to do that. The existing patch has the audio fade out each round

In fact the patch cuts the music three or even four seconds before than the arcade.

Last edited by Señor Ventura on Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 8:06; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 6:26 by gizaha

Señor Ventura wrote:

I have the nocashsnes, and the debug says this in that point of the combat (just when the arcade, more or less, cuts the music):
Most apropriate solution it to move the lines of the code to the "you win" code. In arcade it starts fading when the "you win" is played and volume gets to zero when the screen it faded out.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 28 Jan 2018 - 8:13 by Señor Ventura

The problem is that i'm learning now the "how to" process, and is rare to me conceive the code of the msu1 running appart from the code of a game, but being together of... what form?.

Back to top Go down

RedScorpion

Post Thu 22 Mar 2018 - 17:19 by RedScorpion

Fixed Links!

Back to top Go down

gyaragax

Post Mon 7 May 2018 - 20:19 by gyaragax

I put together a new pcm set for SFII Turbo, including heavy damage tracks, if you wouldn't mind adding it. The set is mostly CPS-2, with a few exceptions. PittStone's previous set was volume blasted before SD2SNES revision. I wanted to make a full set with all the heavy damage tracks and make few changes, so I did a new set from lossless source and made it fully normalized, so it does not drown out the game's sound effects.

There's an additional recomposed track 16 for the Capcom jingle. The default title track uses an OverClocked ReMix rock arrangement from vertexguy, though a CPS-2 option is included, alternatively. There are a few tracks for which there was not a CPS-2 version, so I used newly looped and normalized CPS-1 tracks for those. It's detailed in the included readme file.

Enjoy.

https://mega.nz/#!VeYW1TyK!ey1QUrzId6cREyS3YOpEXec5bC71oIi3kOyFwncobuA

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 8 May 2018 - 12:32 by gizaha

Thank you very much for your good work, i appreciate this.

Back to top Go down

gyaragax

Post Tue 8 May 2018 - 12:53 by gyaragax

Thanks @Conn for putting my new CPS-2 pcm set up here and the heavy damage post.

One thing, though, not sure if PittStone sourced his CPS-2 pack from the HDRemix game, and that's why it was labeled as such, but my pack is primarily sourced from the Street Fighter II The Definitive Soundtrack, lossless tracks taken from the arcade machines. I worry if people see the HDRemix label, they might wrongly think that the tracks are from the OverClocked ReMix ost.

There are a few differences in mine and PittStone's packs. In addition to the new cuts, loops, and normalizations from lossless source, the new pack includes optional heavy damage themes if using that version of the patch. Whereas PittStone's set opted for all CPS-2 tracks, for my set, if there was not a 1:1 CPS-2 version of a particular track, because it had been replaced in the later game revisions, I opted for newly normalized CPS-1 arcade loops on Chun Li's ending themes, the Staff Roll credits sequence, and the Four Devas Ending. It also includes a newly recomposed Capcom jingle and an optional OverClocked ReMix titlescreen track (not from HDRemix, though).

Since it's mostly CPS-2 arcade pcms, with a couple exceptions and additions, I opted for labeling it "CPS-2+ & Heavy Damage". Just want to make sure people know, whereas Relikk's set are "Arcade PCMs" from CPS-1, this set is also original arcade tracks (plus a couple bonuses), just from the later board revision, rather than HDRemix tracks.

Also, just noticed on both pages, the set is labeled "CSP-2" rather than "CPS-2" Very Happy

Thanks.

*also, here's a mirror link for the set, if needed
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gJrKSrPw5Y8qVHJKZhbaN9bv_gXPoz0n/view

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 8 May 2018 - 17:15 by Conn

Thanks for clearing up. I corrected it, but renounced on "& heavy damage". This is cleared by the thread you download the patch from already. If you play the native patch, the heavy themes are simply not used.

Back to top Go down

gyaragax

Post Tue 8 May 2018 - 18:29 by gyaragax

Thanks. Not to harp on it, people can call it whatever they choose. It just doesn't have anything to do with HDRemix. I could see someone, maybe at some point doing a version that uses the HDRemix ost, in which case, the label would apply. I just don't want people to not try it because they're thinking, based on the label it's under, that it's some modern techno beat tracks, or something, rather than the arcade PCMs they are. Up to you, though.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 8 May 2018 - 18:59 by Conn

Better now? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

gyaragax

Post Tue 8 May 2018 - 19:04 by gyaragax

Yes Razz

Back to top Go down

GameGenie720

Post Wed 9 May 2018 - 0:14 by GameGenie720

Thnx for your set GyaragX. I just played through SFII Turbo. Love the heavy damage. Has anyone added heavy damage themes to SSFII?

Back to top Go down

gyaragax

Post Wed 9 May 2018 - 19:15 by gyaragax

I don't believe anyone's done that, yet, GameGenie720.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 10 May 2018 - 4:38 by Relikk

Would be awesome if someone added heavy damage code to Super. Could be quite difficult given the parameters required to trigger it properly, though.

Back to top Go down

Cyber_Yagami

Post Thu 7 Feb 2019 - 23:21 by Cyber_Yagami

I made a set based on Ultra Street Fighter 2 for Switch.
You can try my set here: DOWNLOAD

OBS: there is a lot of bugs in my version.
I would love to edit a faster sound, when the damage is a half, but i don't know how to do.
At the options, if you play the song twice, the second one will play de SNES normal version.
And many bugs Sad

I hope you like it.
I've made an edition in some songs.

Thanks!  Very Happy

Preview:  

Back to top Go down

Cyber_Yagami

Post Fri 8 Feb 2019 - 18:10 by Cyber_Yagami

The problem of the music in sound test is, when you are fighting and music over, it repeats again like snes version haha

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 9 Feb 2019 - 4:35 by Conn

Yes, possible that it bugs... solution is simple: don't use the music test Wink

Back to top Go down

gyaragax

Post Mon 11 Feb 2019 - 18:21 by gyaragax

Since I posted a video demonstrating my two music packs for Wolfenstein, figured I'd link the video demos for the relevant set for the other music packs. Here's the CPS-2+ preview for Street Fighter 2 Turbo.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next