Alpha 1 CPS2 Arcade & Arranged Character Remixes Pack (by Relikk):
Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahue7izQZmouge1ZpXL6Maat4U40Bg

Original SPC Soundtrack Pack (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/#!Mjg10aAR!ZO6of_Yf32VUlJ_MKom58nNIiVwwIwatrVhgGZfNEyo

Alpha 3 Pack (by Cyber_Yagami):
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/pdpgkschbo45k7l/Street_Fighter_Alpha_2_%28SFA3%29_MSU-1.7z/file

- Track Map -

Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16XaHd5GuETa66E4uoH-AdMzdcaTVdIV9_SXnM-RA4EI

- Changelog -

Code:
20221021:
---------
- Fixed a bug with MSU data file

20221013:
---------
- Fixed a bug where the game would freeze after the announcer says "FIGHT!" when facing Zangief as an opponent

20220902:
---------
- Now both "Z" sequences have all frames

20210621:
---------
- Fixed black screen crash after some fights
- Added Shin Akuma ranking portrait
- Added Shin Akuma lose portrait at continue/game over screen

20210620:
---------
- Implemented optimisations from Min
- Simplified Shin Akuma selection code (removed the P2 "L,X,Y + Start" check at title screen)

20210614:
---------
- Fixed Raging Demon while "Round X"
- Charlie Nash stage plane physics (code taken from arcade)
- Vs. screen fade mimics arcade
- Fixed hang on double KO

20210507:
---------
- Sound glitch before announcer says "Round 1" fixed
- When Sagat throws Dan's father, now Dan's father has gravity instead of going all the way up

20210425:
---------
- KO circle more frames
- Z phase 2 more frames
- All data from moveset, hitboxes and AI are transferred uncompressed to MSU file
for faster loading before Z phase 2
- Very good speed tweaks, 13 vlines at double frames
- Stop walking at KO (based on arcade rules)
- Shadow palette before intro taunt, not during "fight"
- RNG code taken from arcade

20210404:
---------
- Fixed win pose sound

20210328:
---------
- Sodom stage Japan artwork (Guy and Birdie are bigger and doesn't fit)
- Before stage select green scrolling bg doesn't stop
- Reorder KO sequence.
- One frame shine at "Fight!"
- Enable score counting sound - Key skips (end of) score counting
- Enable Guy intro barrel sound
- Stars: Doesn't blink. - Tweak code to be faster and more smooth
- SPC tweak a bit faster load
- Gen stage splash sound only at water
- Winner screen, 60fps + xy moving sprite
- Put a small tweak to run in PAL @4 seconds: PAL speed turbo 1 (280 frames) almost matching US turbo 1 speed (285 frames). Tested it at SD2SNES (PAL), it's running smoother. More CPU time cause of 50fps

20210308:
---------
- Some more speed tweaks
- Super KO SFX enabled
- Many crash bug fixes
- Sodom name restored stats screen after fight
- Charlie name kept (instead of Nash), since US arcade uses Charlie
- 13 frames faster transition from z to stage
- Intro, Dan faster transition to Australia. Rocks stays
- Faster decompressor (move sets, before battle)
- Akuma Shun-goku-satsu KO animation speed and extended "frames"
- Fixed Dan's fathers frame
- Fixed Shin Akuma buggy frame (neutral jump lp) (Shin akuma wasn't meant to be playable, he has a chain combo while the arcade doesn't)
- More arcade accurate speed
- Music fade out after score counting
- Ryu vs. Sagat (CPU): Sagat starts closer and jumps backwards like arcade
- Akuma teleport second SFX (roar) enabled
- Akuma winning pose reorder (select+button)

20210202:
---------
- Many speed tweaks. Without SA-1
- Restore Nash/Sodom names (except after fight stats)
- Small changes, taken from arcade (like slomo duration after KO)

20210123:
---------
- Faster audio load, upload 2 bytes at the time instead of 1
- Tweaked audio engine for faster start of loading
- Disable some waste sample loads
- Title screen instant move selection after first start
- KO doesn't mute common sounds (punch etc)
- Timing changes in KO
- Super shine (background) length and frame rate like arcade
gizaha

Street Fighter Alpha 2 Image111

Since : 2015-05-13

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Street Fighter Alpha 2 :: Comments

alex_tenjo

Post Tue 10 Mar 2020 - 14:43 by alex_tenjo

@gizaha Thank you very much for your the wonderful work you have made to remove the S-DD1 lag.

Could it be please possible to get one day your patch for the Japanese version of the game?

In addition I do not know how you plan to release the "Selectable Gouki" patch (in its current or maybe improved form), but could it be possible to get it separated from the MSU-1 patch?
By the way, congratulation for what you have found about Gouki, unearth an "official" code 24 years later is not something that happens every day.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 10 Mar 2020 - 15:41 by gizaha

First of all thank you.
It's not S-DD1 lag. It's slow audio uploading to spc700. I explained before.
The selectable Shin Akuma (holding select+start)is already enabled. If you want only this patch, apply the source code straight on the rom with asar.
After 30 years I also analyzed the red hadoken code in sf2 (1/256) and the 1/512 guard. If no one search the code, it will not be found by itself.
If you want the patch to be compatible with the Japanese version, you can get the source code and edit it. They have small offset (c06042 us is c0602a japan). There are a few breakpoints after all.
If i'm not bored, i'll check the arcade versions of Mortal kombat for secret keypresses. I suspect they might have some extra hidden menus over EJB.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 10 Mar 2020 - 18:31 by Relikk

Video updated. A few bugs I discovered during that playthrough, as you'll see.

When fighting Shin Akuma during the first round (it's the fight before Ryu on Ryu's stage), Shin Akuma has Ryu's sound set. Every special move and throw he performs says Ryu's "tatsumakisenpukyaku" sound. The second round was fine.

The dialogue interludes PCM should probably fade out as those interludes end. It currently cuts into the announcer at the start of the round.

The Ranking screen at the end of the video... the volume of the PCM sounds very low compared to what it should be. The PCM itself is balanced in relation to the rest of the PCM's, but that one doesn't play at the correct volume.

Not a bug, but sometimes the fade during the round ending super combos sounds a little odd without the sound effect, but if that's something you have plans for further down the line then that's fine.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 10 Mar 2020 - 20:11 by gizaha

(I sent Pepillo new patch to put it in his dropbox)
Shin Akuma garbage text FIXED.
Gen stage makes water "splash" sound at grounding.

1) Fixed.

2) I knew. I wasn't sure if someone would bother. Fixed

3) It must be the pcm volume. Send me a bsnes save state or check 7ffdfb (target volume) if its FF.

4) It must be loaded to spc before battle. It might not fit and need to be streamed.

Then i must preload the KO sample to remove the pause, then i must preload each player's death scream, then i must load each player's falling to ground sample, then i must enable the "you win", i must load sfx for score counter and and and... I'm not targeting to make SFA2 arcade perfect.

Does anyone knows how to select Shin Akuma in arcade (eu, us, jap)? I tried the Z and the X figure and didn't work. I want to use that way at snes.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 10 Mar 2020 - 21:05 by pev

@ToAll Uploaded Gizaha's version 2 patch. Link remains the same.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 11 Mar 2020 - 7:25 by Conn

Out of curiousity, we had for the old versions 3 pcm sets:
- Arranged
- Arcade + Arranged Character Remixes
- CPS2 Arcade

Will all sets be made available for the new patch as well?

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 11 Mar 2020 - 8:18 by Relikk

Yeah I have to rename the sets as the track values have changed. I have the arcade pack up now in the first post. The arranged packs will be updated later today. It's more time consuming than you'd think.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 11 Mar 2020 - 12:05 by gizaha

Relikk wrote:It's more time consuming than you'd think.
Exactly! You can read my excel file for faster. Remember, i drag and drop each file to goldwave, in order to double-check which track it was.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 17 Mar 2020 - 23:01 by Nilson25

hello gizara you can make a patch of the songs from the original snes sceneries I liked the msu-1 version of Street Fighter alpha 2 snes more wanted a patch with shin akuma released and without the load of the round more wanted a patch of the normal songs you give me a patch of this I don't understand programming.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 18 Mar 2020 - 10:44 by gizaha

I'm sorry i didn't understand.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 18 Mar 2020 - 11:26 by Relikk

gizaha wrote:I'm sorry i didn't understand.
I think Nilson25 prefers the original SPC music. There are two ways of accomplishing this. Adding SPC fallback to the patch (original SPC's play if there are no PCM's present), or creating PCM's of the original SPC's.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 18 Mar 2020 - 12:23 by gizaha

I guessed that also, but i can't think a reason to want this.
We worked to put arcade music and now someone want us to work again to restore the spc music?
I didn't write spc fallback, nor i'm gonna, because
1) There is no reason someone that wants msu music, to run the game without pcm.
2) I hate dynamic excuses* and i don't support/encourage them.
3) YOU CAN'T HAVE SPC FALLBACK because i used the extra spc space i earned, by don't load stage samples.

You can create new pcm from spc tracks and replace the current. No programming knowledge required.
It will cost you only some hours, to restore the lower quality music that you had 14 years now, and put it in pcm form at hundrends of MB instead of the original kb. Like adding cassette hiss noise and write it to cd.

*Dynamic excuse: An excuse that dynamically changes itself every time, depending on the current/previous situation.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Thu 19 Mar 2020 - 10:00 by Relikk

Nilson25 wrote:hello gizara you can make a patch of the songs from the original snes sceneries I liked the msu-1 version of Street Fighter alpha 2 snes more wanted a patch with shin akuma released and without the load of the round more wanted a patch of the normal songs  you give me a patch of this I don't understand programming.
Here is a pack containing the original SPC's in PCM format.

https://mega.nz/#!Mjg10aAR!ZO6of_Yf32VUlJ_MKom58nNIiVwwIwatrVhgGZfNEyo

Back to top Go down

Cyber_Yagami

Post Mon 30 Mar 2020 - 1:33 by Cyber_Yagami

Hey friends!
I've tried to put in the SFA3 musics.

The PCM is complete, but not all the tracks are from SFA3.

For the endings and staff, it remains SFA2 arrange.

LINK: https://www.mediafire.com/file/pdpgkschbo45k7l/Street_Fighter_Alpha_2_%28SFA3%29_MSU-1.7z/file

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 30 Mar 2020 - 7:58 by Conn

Much thanks, Relikk already moved your contribution into first post. I made you a pcm artist (2-3 sets are usually sufficient for this rank) Wink

Back to top Go down

Cyber_Yagami

Post Mon 30 Mar 2020 - 12:16 by Cyber_Yagami

Conn wrote:Much thanks, Relikk already moved your contribution into first post. I made you a pcm artist (2-3 sets are usually sufficient for this rank) Wink

Thank you!

i love to see old games with new musics!!

i wish i could make more projects for new msu-1 games.

i'm anxious waiting for Fatal Fury Special, Art of Fighting, etc..

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 30 Apr 2020 - 1:37 by *ka

I tested the game with a patch and it worked on my sd2snes pro.
Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 30 Apr 2020 - 11:20 by pev

*ka wrote:I tested the game with a patch and it worked on my sd2snes pro.
Thank you.
I would like to add that it works fine on both. Both flash carts support SDD+MSU1. There is an ongoing mix up between SDD+MSU1 and SA-1+MSU1 going on at Stone Age Gamer Discord every now and then. I even heard some saying OG SD2SNES is not compatible at all. This is not true. Only exception is SA-1+MSU1.

And yes, Star Ocean 48Mbit version will work fine with OG SD2SNES too. The latest firmware has SDD+MSU1 on it.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 30 Apr 2020 - 15:59 by *ka

The pro also supports msu1 + FX (GSU), but the difference from the pro to the original is basically this, supporting MSU-1 with FX and SA-1.

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 30 Apr 2020 - 16:07 by pev

*ka wrote:The pro also supports msu1 + FX (GSU), but the difference from the pro to the original is basically this, supporting MSU-1 with FX and SA-1.
Incorrect statement. The OG Sd2Snes also supports MSU1+FX. As stated before, only MSU1+SA-1 is not possible. So to clarify, at this moment, the only difference between them, up to this point, is MSU1+SA-1 support only on the Pro. Unless something changes in the current firmware.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 2 May 2020 - 10:10 by niuus

gizaha wrote:Game has slowdowns/lag frames because the code looks written in c++ or some other high level shit. It has ton of pha pla, phx plx etc and other unefficient stuff. If it doesn't bother me, i can tweak the code a bit to have steady 60fps, but it will take time.

I also plan to tweak the sound engine to upload faster (or to stream and instant-play).
Take your time. Sounds awesome.

I saw this hack yesterday, it changed sweat color to red, and Katana to Sodom. I tried to patch it with your hack, but it wasn't compatible, in case someone else wants to try.

Keep up the great work! This hack and Killer Instinct are my most used right now.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 5 May 2020 - 12:59 by blade133bo

niuus wrote:
gizaha wrote:Game has slowdowns/lag frames because the code looks written in c++ or some other high level shit. It has ton of pha pla, phx plx etc and other unefficient stuff. If it doesn't bother me, i can tweak the code a bit to have steady 60fps, but it will take time.

I also plan to tweak the sound engine to upload faster (or to stream and instant-play).

I saw this hack yesterday, it changed sweat color to red, and Katana to Sodom. I tried to patch it with your hack, but it wasn't compatible, in case someone else wants to try.

Keep up the great work! This hack and Killer Instinct are my most used right now.

Is compatible, usa version http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4687/

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 6 May 2020 - 2:16 by niuus

blade133bo wrote:
niuus wrote:

Is compatible, usa version http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/4687/
I inverted the patching order and now it works, which is awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 6 May 2020 - 20:26 by Señor Ventura

gizaha wrote:Game has slowdowns/lag frames because the code looks written in c++ or some other high level shit. It has ton of pha pla, phx plx etc and other unefficient stuff. If it doesn't bother me, i can tweak the code a bit to have steady 60fps, but it will take time. Otherwise, i suggest use retroarch and put "Reduce slowdown" to "Max". That will restore the original speed also (i compared with the arcade) and make combos easier. Theoretically it will be arcade timing perfect, in terms of gameplay.

Perhaps it could be the reason why sometimes the sound at "Hitting" is not heard when impacts?.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next