Patch Link (US, JAP, EURO)

PCM's by Relikk:
Arcade Soundtrack PCM's, [ Backup Link ]
Arranged Soundtrack PCM's, [ Backup Link ]

Alpha 1 Arcade Soundtrack & Arranged Character Remixes PCM's

Track Number and Descriptions:
Track Map

Notes:
As there are regional differences with regard to character names, inside the patch zip there are patches for US/Euro Alpha 2 (sfa2) and for the Japanese version, Zero 2 (sfz2). You can apply the patch that is relevant to your preferred version of the game.

There are two patches for each version. Since the original SNES ROM cuts the music between rounds, unlike the arcade version, there is a patch to mimic the original ROM's behaviour by cutting the music when a K.O. occurs at the end of the round. This patch can be found in the patches/normal folder. There is a second patch that mimics the arcade version by having the music play continuously between rounds. The video above uses this patch. It can be found in the patches/music-always folder.

6th July 2019: Added Street Fighter Alpha 1 arcade and arranged character remixes PCM pack, for anyone that might prefer the Alpha 1 OST or for anyone that would like to mix and match their favourite theme versions, considering that the character themes are identical between Alpha 1 and 2, but just arranged a little differently. In saying that, the ending themes aren't the same and have been separated into another folder inside the ZIP file. Again, it's users choice whether they want to use them, or not.

Last edited by Relikk on Sat 6 Jul 2019 - 14:39; edited 10 times in total
Relikk
Relikk

Street Fighter Alpha 2 Image110

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Street Fighter Alpha 2 :: Comments

Post on Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 11:46 by pepillopev

@Relikk Awesome write up description, Relikk. I'm glad this one is finally out the door. Smile

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post on Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 11:55 by Relikk

Thanks Pev. Sterling work on your behalf with the patches. Always accommodating and dedicated. Well done.

I used to hate this port, but now with the musical enhancements, I've grown to like it.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 14:02 by pepillopev

Added Conn to the credits up top. He helped me find a better SPC track reference which helped immensely. That alone offered me less shared tracks to separate in code as opposed to my original reference (which was a nightmare). Thanks Conn.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 17:17 by pepillopev

@ToAll I am aware of the bugs with the SFZ2-Jap (ie, no Birdie theme music playing, etc). There are some differences in the JAP ROM that will require some time for me to figure (without destroying native code). I will get around to it. For now, I removed the JAP patches until further notice. The US version is not affected. This is a code porting and track re-mapping issue.

Last edited by pepillopev on Mon 10 Dec 2018 - 8:05; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 17:40 by pepillopev

@ToAll Fixed the JAP version bugs. Patch updated (download link is the same). Hopefully, this is it.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post on Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 18:00 by Polargames

@Pepv,Conn,Relikk. Congrats on getting this one done. Cannot wait to play it. Also @Pepv I have cover art that is done for this game. Its in my drive and in the art area of the site. :-D

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post on Sun 9 Dec 2018 - 21:21 by Conn

Also congratulations from my side for finishing this project! Nothing to thank for, my task was little in comparison to what you did Wink

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 10 Dec 2018 - 10:28 by Cyber_Yagami

Loved !

Good work, guys!

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 10 Dec 2018 - 18:58 by SeƱor Ventura

Congratulations!!, this game was largely waited by many people.

In my particular case, a very desirable one Razz

Back to top Go down

TheShadowRunner

Post on Wed 12 Dec 2018 - 22:16 by TheShadowRunner

Very very neat, thanks to everyone involved!

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 21:27 by *ka

The sound volume of the songs was very low on the sd2snes rev f.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 21:42 by pepillopev

@*ka Yeah, I had the same issue with my revF too. Three options to resolve this issue:

1. Use the boost audio feature of the sd2snes (only available on later software versions of sd2snes)

2. Convert the PCMs back to WAV and re-normalize (will need the loop points from PCMs). Then re-convert back to PCM.

3. Install Borti OpAmp mod to fix the issue in hardware.

I chose option 3 as this fixed the low audio problem and brings it up to par with emulators. No other way around this unless you have a revH or higher sd2snes.

Last edited by pepillopev on Thu 20 Dec 2018 - 4:24; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 19 Dec 2018 - 23:19 by *ka

@pepillopev the boost audio feature not working with Street Fighter Alpha 2.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 20 Dec 2018 - 4:18 by pepillopev

@*ka Hmm, that is odd indeed. Anyway, I created a batch file script to re-normalize the audio for you (link at the very top). Download, please read the included instructions on how to use it. Sorry for the delay, it took me some time to extract the loop points from the PCM files to do this script. Much luck.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 20 Dec 2018 - 13:04 by *ka

Thanks @pepillopev, the volume of songs is good now.
But he had a problem with the M.Bison music loop. Could you tell me the correct value of the song time loop of M.bison's stage music?
Thank you for your help.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post on Thu 20 Dec 2018 - 13:23 by Relikk

Depends on what version of the soundtrack you are using.

Arranged is 17507.
Arcade is 17078.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 20 Dec 2018 - 13:39 by *ka

@Relikk if it does not bother you, could you pass me the values of the other tracks? I wanted the other values for the loop of the songs to be the same as those for your version. If you give me the loop values I intend to upload the tracks with the highest volume for those who have the sd2snes rev F.
Thank you very much.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post on Thu 20 Dec 2018 - 13:52 by Relikk

Sure.

https://mega.nz/#!c6JTVSbZ!l5hwgQ4dqje6mLvqSBWKcSWbcLYgDorpma837AY7HkE

They're my original wav2msu batch files with all the loop information. I'd say when S-DD1 is incorporated into the official firmware, the volume boost will be fixed.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 20 Dec 2018 - 14:26 by pepillopev

@Relikk Thanks for including the Arranged loop points (saved me the trouble of checking each PCM for them). I corrected the arcade MBison one (my mistake, easy to make when doing stuff really early in the morning, lol). Did not realize I only included the arcade JSON files for emulators and sd2snes. I updated the script to include the other variations (two for emulators, two for sd2snes -> for arcade and arranged).

Last edited by pepillopev on Thu 20 Dec 2018 - 14:27; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 20 Dec 2018 - 14:26 by pepillopev

@*ka To keep the links to a minimum, it would be best to just use the batch files to adjust the volume. Everyone has different volume level tastes and I really prefer not to have too many redundant links with different volume levels. The idea is good but it is a logistical nightmare to keep up with links of repeated items.

Last edited by pepillopev on Thu 20 Dec 2018 - 14:35; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 20 Dec 2018 - 14:35 by *ka

Ok pepillopev.
Thanks Pepillopev and Relikk for the help and for having made the msu-1 version of alpha 2 street fighter.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post on Thu 20 Dec 2018 - 14:36 by Relikk

pepillopev wrote:@Relikk Thanks for including the Arranged loop points (saved me the trouble of checking each PCM for them).

Very Happy

It's no problem. Just ask.

*ka wrote:Thanks Pepillopev and Relikk for the help and for having made the msu-1 version of alpha 2 street fighter.

Enjoy!

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 20 Dec 2018 - 14:37 by pepillopev

*ka Always a pleasure. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 3 Jan 2019 - 9:33 by RealGaea

Oh! Awesome hack! I got a a question.

Can you release a patch for the PAL version too? I grew up playing that one. This hack is too good just for leaving us euro players out...

Last edited by RealGaea on Thu 3 Jan 2019 - 9:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos, grammar)

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum