Conker Version 1.2.6

Go down

Conker Version 1.2.6  Empty Conker Version 1.2.6

Post by Conn Tue 14 Nov 2017 - 15:50

ok, v.1.2.6 is done:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1337-conker-s-high-rule-tail-v1-2-6#19689

Patch Release v1.2.6 ~ November 15th, 2017
 --------------------------------------
     - added witch at Tingle1 (Koka Kola fountain)
     - fixed hammer splashing in Hyrule Castle
     - disabled Hookshot grabbling at Ganon Master Sword barrier tree stump
     - added room warp reset at Superskuj Twitch and SePH's Computer
     - fixed xenomrph joke monologue to understand it better
     - small fix in Erock's folder
     - speed can be used anytimes, also with full magic

Also much thanks to Puzz for the tree stump grabbling and Castle Hammer splash fix!

Screens:
Conker Version 1.2.6  Conker10
The witch is implemented as a Koka Kola well, with a sort of over-creative monologue when you give her the can  Woot!!
Try yourself... and sorry about the well, I am no pixel artist, and that was the best I was able to make out of the witch...

Conker Version 1.2.6  Legend12
You can now easily reset the riddle in the upper screen both in Supersuj Twitch and SePH Computer by using the warp - it was awful seeing youtube videos where people ran out 20 times to the overworld to reset the 2nd room.

Code:
I leave the old version online as security:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuf/Con/ConkerHRT_v1.25.zip

Last edited by Conn on Wed 15 Nov 2017 - 6:15; edited 1 time in total
Conn
Conn

Conker Version 1.2.6  Image212

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Conker Version 1.2.6  Empty Re: Conker Version 1.2.6

Post by Puzzledude Tue 14 Nov 2017 - 16:33

Great. Nice updates. I hope this 1.26 is the (very) final version.

Of course people can also edit it further to their own desire.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Conker Version 1.2.6  Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Tue 14 Nov 2017 - 16:39

I will be submitting my edit ideas for my own "Erock Version" in this very thread soon.

I hope you will honor them so I will not have to make a separate "Erock Version". We don't want two competing version of the game out there.

If you want an improvement on the coka coka fountain, I can see what my artist can do if you are interested.

So please be on the lookout.
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Conker Version 1.2.6  Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 14 Nov 2017 - 16:47

*gosh, Erock, don't you think I fulfilled enough of your wishes already? I'm not very interested to see your points. The fountain is not perfect but good enough. There are some other sprites which need improvement, but we cannot spend our lifetime on it.

You are welcome to make a competing 1.2.7Erock fork upon the 1.2.6 if it is your desire, nobody keeps you away from that.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Tue 14 Nov 2017 - 16:52

I will be submitting my edit ideas for my own "Erock Version" in this very thread soon.

I hope you will honor them so I will not have to make a separate "Erock Version". We don't want two competing version of the game out there.
I think I've said this a zillion times: there is no need for you to post anything here. Make your Erock version or 1.27 version on your own, and leave others out of it. Once you are done, you can post the patch.

Did I ask or post about the hammer splash fix before it was done? Did Conn post about the ASM on fixing the Ganon barrier hookshoting problem before it was done? We saw the problem, fixed it and posted the patch. I suggest you do the same. If you are unable to do this yourself, then keep the game in the current version.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Conker Version 1.2.6  Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 14 Nov 2017 - 19:30

I really think this game is finished. There was a small bug collection like the hammer splash, but what really convinced me was Smash's playthrough where he missed the part giving Koka Kola to Tingle. So I thought this to be a sincere "nice-to-have" to put another hand on this game, while doing so I fixed the other stuff with Puzz help. Was little enough.

All you can do with your skills Erock, are making some dungeon puzzles greater, or/and replacing the one or other sprite. I really think your 1.2.7 (whatever) might be an improvement, but there's also the chance that some of your puzzles are try/error... and I really have no nerve going back into the development stage again.
My best meant advice: Be happy with the stage how it is now. You've influenced much in the development, the game has much of your handwriting, and I guess to the better. But: ...let go at a point Wink

I will only tinker on it further in case a serious bug is found (there's always the chance that HM corrupts anything, therefore I leave playtested 1.2.5 online). I am totally satisfied with it, and I think it cannot be made better (except nitpicks, which can be always found if you look after them).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Erockbrox Wed 15 Nov 2017 - 0:30

My "Erock Version" will not try and make major changes. Think of it as "fine polish".

I will not be adding in tons of new puzzles. Only fine polishing up what is there.

Also I will and can give a reason for every change I make and can argue why I'm making the change.

Wanted to add, the pixel artist who did the sprite artwork that I was working with. I don't think his name ever got credit. It would be nice if someone put his name in the readme file at least.

Pixel artist - froese-david
Erockbrox
Erockbrox

Conker Version 1.2.6  Image211

Since : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 15 Nov 2017 - 5:29

Ok, added him here:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/High%20Rule%20Tail%20Readme.txt
(also in the zip file of course)
Code:
                                  EXTRA GRAPHICS
                                  --------------
            Charmander106      Kerberos  Bidbood    VGMaps.com
            Steven Donegani    Daisuke  Hyperben2  PhazonWebb16
            superkaminappa9001  Pollux    Ghillie    Bucketboy
            heSpritersResource  Sean NG  Matiz1994  froese-david
I can't edit the ingame credits though, that was done by Euclid, well, probably I could but...

Note that many stuff is uncompressed.
Witch fountain is at 11/d0c0
useable item like the hammer is at 11/c020
sunflower fairy at 11/9000 (while Rougue fairy can be found in zcompress)
...and so on. E.g., SePH used many graphics like the witch for other stuff so I needed to implement it over extra vram transfer.

Much luck Spin
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down