Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes

Post by Conn on Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 8:02

In this first post you always find the latest hotfixes, until they are merged to a 1.1.3, 1.2 or 2.0 version.

To be done:

1. Infinite Signpost
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Fix: simply block the wall from entering from right

2. The Moldorm and Armos bossfight didn't end the first time I killed them, I had to port out and kill them again. The Moldorm head respawned and I was not able to hit him.
Fix: difficult, maybe renounce on one boss, or leave it as it is, as it is quite hard to run into this bug

3. Erock stuff (like shooting through the blocks in retro dungeons)

4. Conn's stuff (like Rogue the bat)

5. Puzz new Jedi Temple fixes (see below)

Fixed:

- bml for higan users
- nimbus problems at boss fight: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- Goldstar Voodoo
- Tail when carrying something
- separate patch file: noise fix that randomly appears on collecting ring
Find the collected Fixed stuff here:
Attachments
112_fixes.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(2 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

Last edited by Conn on Sat 13 May 2017 - 8:28; edited 5 times in total
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Conker 1.1.2 Bug reports and fixes

Post by W4mp3 on Sat 18 Mar 2017 - 13:16

I found two places where you can stuck in Dungeon IX:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I accidentally hookshot the spikes on the right and got stuck. Only way out was to save & quit.

I've somehow managed to hit the switch and put myself in this situation. First I thought I softlocked myself there but you can actually get out by doing some voodoo magic.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Minor: You can see Conkers tail when carrying something (like the deku nut) and face upwards. Other directions will hide the tail correctly.

W4mp3
Newcomer

Since : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude on Sat 18 Mar 2017 - 14:20

The tail when facing up was reported, I though this was fixed, at least it was on my version.

The stuck in the bumpers thing: this definitely was a backlash on the last minute editing of this room, since the room was different on 1.0.

And the third: that problematic room: I thought we fixed that as well, as you can hit that switch falsly with the following: bow, superbomb and seed. I though this was fixed on 1.1.2 to not be able to hit that switch from the bottom (at least this is how it should be).

Also: the Seed+Morning star should also be debugged. This is what you refered to as voodoo (morning star sprite will go to flying seed sprite).

I'll make a fix for the 2 rooms, since this can be done with HM, the other 2 problems are ASM, but like said, they should already be taken care of.

Puzzledude

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude on Sat 18 Mar 2017 - 15:39

I already debugged the rooms 109 and 111 (on video and picture on the upper post), so that's ok now. Also tested the dungeon and now the first part actually needs to be solved the intended way too.

- nitpicking Conker tail when facing upwards, carrying something
Yes, basically when the Jedi-Conker is facing up and carrying something, you can see a small part of his tail, which is false looking. Either the tail is whole or not displayed at all.

Oh wait, it is the Storm-trupper-Conker with the Lighsaber (not Jedi-Conker). Excuse the lack of my StarWars knowledge.

- voodoo morning star flying
I tested this and you already debugged this Conn, but there is this thing: if you explode the seed and then use the Morning star, you can clearly see your debug, since the Morning star can not be lounched. This is valid for most of the time the seed fragment is flying.

But for some reason if you are fast enough it will go to the same display bug: basically when placing the seed, explode it, but immediately switch to morning star and immediately use it. If you do it fast enough, the debug will not work, in all other cases (when you are not that super fast) the debug will work and you can clearly see Morning star not be active until the seed fragment is gone.

So then the Morning star gets loaded instead of seed fragment and flyes over the screen following the same pattern as the seed fragment did (this is known though and was reported when you first debugged it). I like the name too: "voodoo Morning star". (We might leave this in for the speedrunners/glitch abusers, since it is difficult to achieve).

Last edited by Puzzledude on Sat 18 Mar 2017 - 15:55; edited 1 time in total

Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude on Sat 18 Mar 2017 - 15:44

Here's the Jedi fix (attached).
This will debug rooms 109 and 111 in the Jedi academy and you will also have to solve the dungeon the intended way now.
Not even the voodoo will help you now, since the seed can not fly diagonally (LoL). Not even if voodoo morning star would be possible with boomerang, since the boomerang will not go through the blocks diagonally. Smile

I also have to say room 111 is cursed somehow. At least 5 debugs already, hopefully this is the last one. I solved it like so: to move the Pegswitch to the right. Room is a bit easier now, but debug has priority.

Main problem was: falsly hit the pegswitch with: bow and arrow, superbomb (this was debugged I think) seed, etc. By being on the right all this is not possible now, plus when on the right, you can not get trapped, since you can now hit it upwards. Then 2 possibilities in the final stage: either (place bomb and hookshot down before it explodes, or hookshot down and place the seed, run with shoes to kick it up and explode the seed). Further debug: if you don't have the seed and still hookshot down: I placed one torch to debug - to be able to hookshot back up again. Also: basic test made for both rooms.
Attachments
Conker_rooms_109_111_(jedi_fix).zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1 Kb) Downloaded 5 times

Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude on Sat 18 Mar 2017 - 16:49

Conn wrote:Can you post screenshots of your new design?
Sure.

Meanwhile found another problem/bug. If you have a Hookshot, which is faster than Morning star, you can get trapped (again) if you place a bomb and fast hookshot down and left (just barely makes it). Confused

Also debugged - only 3 bytes are change in which the right spike changes into a torch - this is what debuggs it, since you can hookshot out again.

Apply jedi-fix and only then jedi fix-2 on Conker 1.1.2.
I didn't want to merge this in case anyone patched the jedi fix 1 already.

Also do note: my fix is made so, that the same amount of elements is used per room: so the global room-object data does not move, but stays in place (same for sprite data), which radically lowers the possibility of new bugs (in other rooms) because of this edit. Since with this method the code for all other rooms is intact and in-place!

Attachments
Conker_rooms_109_111_(jedi_fix-2).zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(1 Kb) Downloaded 2 times

Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude on Sat 18 Mar 2017 - 17:04

Can you post screenshots of your new design?

What jedi fix-2 does is that it changes that spike on the bottom right into torch, so you can hookshot out again, if you trap yourself into the bottom-left corner.
Peg switch is now on the righ side. And another torch in the upper middle also debugs it so you can hookshot up if trapped in the very middle.

You also can not exit on the left if the switch gets hit once, and you also can not hit the pegswitch falsly with bow, superbomb, seed ... if standing in the middle left section. So all seems fine on the first look (and basic test) with this design now.

PS
You know who designed this room originally ...
Hint (wasn't me) Laughing

Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude on Sat 18 Mar 2017 - 17:20

Here's the study of the current situation (if fix 1 and 2 are implemented):

Forgot to add 5 in the picture:
5= can hookshot up (to 2) in any case.

Thus can travel: from 7 or 8 to 9 in all cases, can hit from 3,6,9 in all cases or from 1, 2, 3. Thus can travel on sqares: 1-2-3-6-9-7 back and forth (can always hit switch and thus no trapped situation).

Can travel 2-5 if spikes are up, but 5-2 always. Can travel 5-8 ("use seed", or "bomb placed on 3+hookshot from 2 to 5"). Can always return from 8 to 9, but can never reach 8 from 7 or 9.

Enter on 4. Can go 4-7 if spike is lowered, otherwise closed.
Can not exit on the left (4) if switch is hit once.
Can not hit switch if on 4.

Seems ok now.

Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Tue 21 Mar 2017 - 13:40

Alright,

- tail when carrying something
- Goldstar voodoo

is fixed

The new patch is attached to the first post (I merged it with the nimbus fix, just redownload and reapply).
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude on Tue 21 Mar 2017 - 15:33

Great. This is getting more and more debugged now. Up to SePH how to handle all this. If he indeed has the ambition to bring out 1.2. I would just go with 1.1.3 or 1.1.4, but like said his call what to do further, specially that global credits-change which also includes the Dev's hideout area.

Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Tue 21 Mar 2017 - 16:18

I fixed another bug in the meanwhile, when giving 2 firerods blasts, throwing boomerang and then using the goldstar, it bugged as well. But nobody downloaded the fixed yet, so I just replaced.

Yes, I hope these small points are not overextending SePH's last ambitions for this game. But I am sure he finds a few hours to include these last small points for v... whatever. Very Happy
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude on Tue 21 Mar 2017 - 16:49

When giving 2 firerods blasts, throwing boomerang and then using the goldstar, it bugged as well.
This combination really is a LoL. But you never know the speedrunners. I guess this is now debugged even for them. I would never thought of doing this actually (it appears neither were all the beta testers).

Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Fri 12 May 2017 - 10:01

Here's a music bug:

Time 2:01:30 (when he collects the ring and the music change is induced)

I'll see whether I can reproduce/fix it.

Edit:
Pfff... it appears 1 in 50 times approximately. It is a mistake with $2143...
I made a savestate with that awful noice and when I put $012f-80 (sound effect), it is gone. I will give it a try (when $012c-13 (victory theme) is written, to give $012f-80 with it, test it 200 times, and with luck it does the job Very Happy )
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn on Sat 13 May 2017 - 8:31

Well, it was a bit more complex. APU stuff still is kind of witchcraft to me, especially in this case where it is completely random. I managed with some efforts to make a savestate right before this noise appeared and figured a direct mute store to the music port $2140-2143-80 fixes this problem in my savestate.

The fix patch is downloadable in the first post (updated the fix archive).
Conn

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum