Super R-Type :: Comments

Conn

Post Fri 1 Jan 2021 - 7:20 by Conn

Breakdance I replace the main link

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Relikk

Post Mon 11 Jan 2021 - 9:19 by Relikk

fullgamezone wrote:not tested on sd2snes, but on snes9x everything is black, only the rom works, with msu1 files black screen

Same behaviour as what I posted in the thread a few posts above yours...

Relikk wrote:It loads without the MSU file, but with the MSU file present there is nothing.

Conn updated the patch after that and this didn't happen any more. Are you sure you have the correct patch? It's the same link as before so you might have to clear your browser cache and re-download.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 11 Jan 2021 - 10:34 by Conn

For me it works as well. Probably FGZ did use the normal patch and not that one in the subfolder "SA1-Compatible"?

First apply the Super-R-Type-USA.bps from https://github.com/VitorVilela7/SA1-Root/releases/tag/v1.4

Then apply srt_msu_SA1_compatible.ips from the SUBFOLDER "SA1-Compatible" in http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/srt-msu1-patch-pepillopev-v1.0.zip

If you apply the normal ips (srt-msu1.ips) you surely get black screen Sad

Back to top Go down

Retroplay

Post Mon 11 Jan 2021 - 10:39 by Retroplay

Revised Super R-Type SA1 v1.1 patch also works.
https://github.com/VitorVilela7/SA1-Root/releases/tag/v1.5

I tested it in BSNES v115 with MSU1 and it's flippin' awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 12 Jan 2021 - 10:14 by SuperFeistyFox

So, the Super R-Type SA1 v1.1 patch with the MSU1 is great (played on FXPAK Pro). I would like to request some alternate tracks. For the boss theme (srt-msu1-19) which currently has a fan made rock remix, it would be nice to have the actual Dimensions boss theme (either from RT-1 (SRT inspired) or from RT-2 (authenticity)), (the rest currently use arrangements of SRT) for stage 3 (srt-msu1-147) the track from RT-2 Dimensions stage 2, for stage 5 (srt-msu1-156) the track from RT-2 Dimensions stage 4, for stage 6 (srt-msu1-119) the track from RT-2 Dimensions stage 5, for stage 7 (srt-msu1-45) the track from RT-2 Dimensions stage 6, and maybe for stage 1 (srt-msu1-2) the track from RT-2 Dimensions stage 3). Sorry if I'm asking for too much.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 12 Jan 2021 - 16:44 by pev

SuperFeistyFox wrote:I would like to request some alternate tracks...
If you can find WAV/FLAC versions of these tracks, I can assist. I personally do not like working with YouTube rips or MP3s unless it is a last resort. Make a collection and PM me when you have them. If you put some effort on your end, I will assist. Unless someone else wants to help with this.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 12 Jan 2021 - 17:03 by SuperFeistyFox

I can't seem to find any FLAC or WAV files. It's alright, I guess we can forget about it.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 12 Jan 2021 - 17:07 by Conn

Did you check here?
https://www.zeldix.net/t2106-console-bgm-rips

If you are lucky and find your themes there, they may already be looped

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 12 Jan 2021 - 17:22 by pev

@Conn Thanks I forgot about that option. Hopefully, this request can be fulfilled there.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 12 Jan 2021 - 17:33 by Conn

http://switch.joshw.info/r/R-Type%20Dimensions%20EX%20(2018-11-28)(Irem)(Southend)(Tozai)%5bSwitch%5d.7z

I think the switch rips are already looped so only normalisation may need to be necessary Wink

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Tue 12 Jan 2021 - 17:37 by Relikk

Those files work just fine with the Looping Audio Converter. A nice stroke of luck.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 12 Jan 2021 - 17:48 by pev

@Conn,@Relikk Awesome, saves me time I would have spent working on them. You two are fantastic.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 12 Jan 2021 - 18:58 by SuperFeistyFox

Great! Thanks guys. I look forward to them.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Conn

Post Thu 14 Jan 2021 - 18:16 by Conn

Actually, the SA1 version works also for normal rom. I hex edited pev's code by simply moving the free space to another location since the SA1 code overlaps the area pev uses.

However, I do not like to stir mich in other people's code and also did not have the source so this is more a hotfix.

Pev, if you like and have time, can you move your code from 0x2780 to 0x3000 and recompile?
Then it works for all versions (SA1 or Vanilla).

After writing with Pev, I recompiled it myself, the main patch is now compatible with both, SA1 and vanilla (at least should be).
I shifted Pev's old patch in an old folder instead

PepilloPEV MSU1 Patch (v1.1, SA1 compatible):
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/srt-msu1-patch-pepillopev-v1.0.zip

(clear browser history in case of redownload)

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Fri 15 Jan 2021 - 13:05 by alex_tenjo

@Conn Many thanks for making it compatible, this is awesome. For my information could you please tell me what is the code located between 0x002528 and 0x00252A is for? Because it is the only part that overwrite changes made by the SA1 patch still.

Once again thank you for keeping those patches up to date.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 15 Jan 2021 - 13:25 by Conn

I think you mislooked, 0x2528 isn't overwritten by SA1, only the msu1 patch hooks here (I checked with Sa1 1.0 and 1.1)

Super R-Type - Page 2 Image116

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Fri 15 Jan 2021 - 13:58 by alex_tenjo

Indeed!!! I am sorry, I had not pay attention that it is because of the SA1 patch that is rewriting the same value present in the original ROM in those three blocks. I am sorry, I have just read your SA1.txt that is clearly asking to apply SA1 first instead of MSU1 (what I have previously done). My bad for do not checking it before posting.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Fri 15 Jan 2021 - 14:51 by Conn

Really no need to apologize, I'm happy if other check my work Smile
I think the SA1 needs to be applied first either way since it's bps format

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Fri 15 Jan 2021 - 15:13 by alex_tenjo

Yes, but I am used to convert BPS in IPS format mostly immediately to add versatility in case of multi patch or in order to test them on other ROM regions if relevant from my viewpoint (which is why I was able to point that non problem).

Writing that I "check" your work is unfortunately little exaggerated because I do not understand programming, but I can use logic to at least find abnormal things (or not in the present case).

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 18 Jan 2021 - 12:23 by Conn

I updated the first post with the dimension pack by SuperFeistyFox.

Unfortunately, it seems mega.nz has restricted the files with DMCA as we already experienced with Google Drive, 2 of my files needed to be rehosted on mediafire. Also MF had these files on a blacklist, renaming the file did not help (guess they calculated a hash value and if match they immediately take it down).
A workaround is to store the files into 7zip instead of zip, since this will result in a different hash. Let's hope that we have some silence for a while now...

Anybody with files on mega.nz please check the notification if some of your files have been taken down:
Super R-Type - Page 2 Image250

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 18 Jan 2021 - 17:27 by Señor Ventura

Sorry conn, i don't keep files in mega.

Files in 7zip maybe only a temporary solution, better using another host.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 18 Jan 2021 - 18:08 by Conn

Yes, problem is that MiniComputer's Rock 'n Roll PCM for super metroid was flagged on mega.nz, I rehosted it on mediafire and it was flagged as well there (immediately). So I wondered why they know it (renamed the file, still flagged), so there must be a hashing algorithm running which can be avoided by changing the archive file size or recompress it with 7zip (my solution).

But I think onedrive, google drive, mega.nz and mediafire - they all DMCA stuff so I do not know a reliable host. Best thing we can do is changing the host if one or the other pack gets flagged.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 19 Jan 2021 - 17:47 by SuperFeistyFox

Forgot to point out that my PCM pack maintains some tracks done by FullGameZone, so he should get some credit too.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next