SimCity

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

SimCity - Page 5 Empty SimCity

Patch v8 Final for US/FR ROMs (fix music pause/resume)*:
Code:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/SimCity-Patch-EnFrvGer_v8-Final.zip
* Please verify provided CRC checksums in readme file before using this patch. Please do not re-use old save games. In other words, erase your old SRM files or you will have problems.

PCM Packs

SimCity Restored* (by Relikk):
Code:
https://mega.nz/file/gjJHSQ5T#NgZM1hEhM6JE5T-rwMgpNl_MW0NvQEeHuXsNoe4xbEo
*Restored by Pinci. YouTube playlist can be found here.

Shiryu PCM Sets:
#011 - SimCity: Chiptune Administration
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rrrxw5vovq415td/Shiryu-MSU1-011-SimCity-ChiptuneAdministration.zip
Preview

#012 - SimCity: Orchestral Administration
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/a12x31fpxj4mgaq/Shiryu-MSU1-012-SimCity-OrchestralAdministration.zip
Preview

#013 - SimCity: Synthetic Administration
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/a6hwx5ndat1q728/Shiryu-MSU1-013-SimCity-SyntheticAdministration.zip
Preview

Roland SC-88 Set.zip by Mr Wubbzy
Code:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HgyQhdC83Q3lagg1nKlY87uG-ZqBkWPy/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by pepillopev on Thu 7 May 2020 - 15:08; edited 28 times in total
pev

SimCity - Page 5 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

SimCity :: Comments

Post Fri 1 May 2020 - 21:20 by pev

Conn wrote:Two questions:
does it happen only on sd2snes or also on snes9x/bsnes?
He is having it on his sd2snes. It works on emulator but not on sd2snes.
does it happen also on a native unpatched sim city rom (in rare cases sd2snes may also bug with this explicit game).
Native patch rom works. Figured out issue using my Pro. Used incorrect ROM space when I re-coded the game last night, my bad. I got it working now on the Pro.

@fullgamezone
Please try v3 patch from same link...
https://www.mediafire.com/file/gw6wyyixh5qpfgi/SimCity-Msu1-Ntsc-v3.bps/file

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post Sat 2 May 2020 - 0:12 by pev

fullgamezone wrote:on snes9x it works perfect. It only happens at sd2snes
Try this next patch. It should work on sd2snes w/o issue...
https://www.mediafire.com/file/gw6wyyixh5qpfgi/SimCity-Msu1-Ntsc-v3.bps/file

As before, erase the old SRM file to avoid issues.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 2 May 2020 - 0:37 by pev

fullgamezone wrote:crashed on the Simcity home screen as soon as you enter the game. Only patch v1 works until it crashes as shown in the video
Version three works fine on my sd2snes Pro. Are you erasing the SRM file like I told you too. I played this patch for over an hour without any lock ups. Did you clear your web browser cache to make sure you are downloading the correct v3 patch? I am playing it on my real Super NES (not my Analogue Super NT).

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 2 May 2020 - 0:58 by pev

@fullgamezone Here is a video of me playing on a real Super NES with Sd2SnesPro using the version 3 patch I just posted not too long ago.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/97a2uc6lx9jbw67/SimCity-Sd2SnesPro-v3-Patch.mp4/file

As a reminder, you cannot use your old saves with the newer patch (ie, must erase the SRM files). You must start fresh.

Again, here is the link for the v3 patch. Do not use the link at the top, use the one below.
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/gw6wyyixh5qpfgi/SimCity-Msu1-Ntsc-v3.bps/file

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Sat 2 May 2020 - 8:32 by alex_tenjo

I can confirm the v3 works flawlessly using a SD2SNES Pro on my Switchless PAL SNES.
However v2 of the PAL-Fr is not working on real hardware (a particular WIP version of your v1.3 is the only one that work without any crash or issue).

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 2 May 2020 - 13:36 by Conn

If it works on 2 sd2snes but not on yours it's most reasonable to assume it's something with your setup (card, srm not deleted... No idea). I would consider v3 aus final.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 2 May 2020 - 20:56 by pev

alex_tenjo wrote:I can confirm the v3 works flawlessly using a SD2SNES Pro on my Switchless PAL SNES.
However v2 of the PAL-Fr is not working on real hardware (a particular WIP version of your v1.3 is the only one that work without any crash or issue).
I updated the patch to v4. I kept support for both US and French versions (both tested). I encountered a minor bug related to SPC fallback which is now resolved. Same applies, delete your old SRM file to avoid issues. Hopefully, this will be final patch.

Update1: I forgot to mention that the original French ROM has a weird GFX corruption issue with the Professor tutorial screen. It passes over to my patch as well. Just mentioning it as this is not a MSU-1 patch related issue. Not sure if it bSnes related. I will test the French version on my SuperNT (since my SNES is not region modded).

Update2: It happens on real hardware too with the original French SimCity. I was able to play it on my original Super NES w/o issue using Sd2SnesPro cart. Wow, I did not know that was possible.

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Sun 3 May 2020 - 9:12 by alex_tenjo

That French localisation of Sim City is really something...
V4 is crashing as soon as you open the Dr. Wright panel on my PAL SNES using a SD2SNES Pro.
I have tried the unpatched original ROM on the same conditions (PAL SNES and SD2SNES Pro), and not a single issue to report.
Just to be 100% sure (in case of my SNES unit can mess something) I have also check the real French Sim City cartridge I own on my console, and no problem as expected.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 3 May 2020 - 10:07 by pev

alex_tenjo wrote:That French localisation of Sim City is really something...
V4 is crashing as soon as you open the Dr. Wright panel on my PAL SNES using a SD2SNES Pro.
Is it possible to dump your original cart by any means? Can you send me the clean rom you are using? Do not post it on the forum, keep it solely via PM.

For me, I have graphical issues using the Dr. Wright panel on the original non-patched French ROM. So I am not sure if the copy found by me is a known good dump to work with. This french localization version is a pain in the butt.

Update: The clean version I have with CRC of 5D026339 is the one that has graphical issues. So, I would not trust this dump as good, for the moment. Using the MSU-1 patch on this untrusted version produces a CRC of 0770BE6C.

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Sun 3 May 2020 - 13:16 by alex_tenjo

In fact I own (since its first batch) a "INLretro Dumper-Programmer" but due to the lack of available software, I was never able to dump anything using it. I would be more than happy to dump it for you if someone can send me relevant software to do so.

5D026339 is the official noIntroSet ROM. This is the ROM I also use since the beginning.

To let you know further about the graphical issues you found: I have also issues (and probably the same you encounter) when I play my original game in NTSC mode of my PAL switchless SNES. But everything works as intended when my console is set to PAL mode.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 3 May 2020 - 13:32 by pev

alex_tenjo wrote:5D026339 is the official noIntroSet ROM. This is the ROM I also use since the beginning...To let you know further about the graphical issues you found: I have also issues (and probably the same you encounter) when I play my original game in NTSC mode of my PAL switchless SNES. But everything works as intended when my console is set to PAL mode.
Ok, so that settles the GFX issue. So the only way for me to test in a much quicker manner is to obtain a Super NES PAL console to figure this issue out. Honestly, this is something I have no funds at the moment to do so. For the moment, I will retract the French version of the patch until further notice. Alex, thanks for the quick responses but unfortunately, I am at an end pass here.

I wonder if forcing my SuperNT to PAL mode would help reproduce your problem on my end?

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Sun 3 May 2020 - 16:40 by alex_tenjo

I will look in my units if I can find something that I can send you, but no promise I have to check tomorrow if I own a suitable PAL console.

Regarding the SuperNT I think you could try it. If the SuperNT have an option to force PAL (what I do not know), you will also have to remove the auto-region patch and disable SuperCIC support. But no clue if you can reproduce it, despite the SuperNT is a splendid piece of hardware, it a clone that mimic 2/1/3 SNES behavior still.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 4 May 2020 - 5:06 by Conn

The main thing is that the US version now seem to work flawlessly. I refuse to port pal versions in the meanwhile (exception are RPG:s of course). The reason is just the impossible work to port 160 patches... so if the french version will never work, I'd not mind Very Happy

Back to top Go down

alex_tenjo

Post Mon 4 May 2020 - 14:21 by alex_tenjo

Of course; and needless there is no question about porting 160 patches to PAL versions (in fact I am more often interested in NTSC versions).

It was nothing but an exchange about a specific game that have its patch port to PAL-FRA since nearly the beginning of its development (and because pepillopev offer to "kept support for both US and French versions", before realizing that real PAL console is required to investigate further).

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 4 May 2020 - 18:55 by Conn

@alex, I highly appreciate your time and effort in testing, just saying that the French version is rather exclusive and maybe not worth to try making it work. The game seem to be witchcrafted (I also checked the code for bug sources and wasn't able to detect some), so if it was up to me I'd drop it and leave it for us only.

@fgz:since it works for pev and Alex, I'd think it's a bug with your hardware, like burnt circuits in worst case. Would be good if a third person with a sd2snes can give it a try, maybe relikk if you follow this thread?

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 5 May 2020 - 1:35 by pev

fullgamezone wrote:in my snes9x 1.6  no have sfx sound
I can confirm. It is now fixed. Patch has been updated to v5. Same link stands.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 6 May 2020 - 12:12 by Conn

Pev informed me that Relikk also has a crash.

Relikk and FGZ, if you like you can check attached patch

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 6 May 2020 - 15:28 by Relikk

Tried it, and unfortunately mine crashed after the 2000 population screen. The result is in the image below. I used a freshly formatted SD card and firmware etc.

https://i.imgur.com/IPVHYm0.jpg

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 6 May 2020 - 17:41 by Conn

I think I know what the problem was. The msu stuff was executed during nmi and with the sd2snes needs to load the track lda $2000 - bvs loop it took too long, thus there was a nmi inside the nmi.

Try attached...link updated to v8 at the top (PeV edit)

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 7 May 2020 - 12:20 by pev

Conn wrote:I think I know what the problem was. The msu stuff was executed during nmi and with the sd2snes needs to load the track lda $2000 - bvs loop it took too long, thus there was a nmi inside the nmi...
Thanks again, Conn. Your debugging brilliance never seizes to amaze me. I have posted the re-coded patch as v7, per your recommendation.

@alex_tenjo I will send you a PM with a french patch based on this asm. Conn and I discussed it and we are both in agreement that the "nmi within a nmi" is the potential culprit on why Pal systems were affected the most. Once it is tested, I will repost it to the top. We both owe you that much for your effort in resolving this problem alonside with us.
Wink

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next