Kirby's Dream Land 3 (finished)

Go down

Kirby's Dream Land 3 (finished)

Post by Conn on Wed 13 Jun 2018 - 13:56

Project finished:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1736-kirby-s-dreamland-3

Here's the asm for Kirby's Dream Land 3

Non-Loop tracks are not covered (all loop for now)
- either you use spc fallback for these
- you add a long mute after these are played
- or make a handling (I can do this if I get a list of non-loop tracks

Tracks can be mapped with $2004, write in bsnes:
09f815 sta $002004   [002004] A:0021
21 is logo, 22 is title, 25 is slot select, 29 is wind blowing prelevel, 19 is prelevel 1, 14 is level 1... ....


Code:

lorom
org $00D7ED
JSL freespace
NOP
NOP

org $09F800
freespace:
STA $7346
LDA $733E
BNE $01
RTL
PHA
lda $002002
CMP #$53
BEQ $02
PLA
RTL
PLA
STA $002004
LDA #$00
STA $002005
STA $002006
loop:
lda $002000
AND #$40
BNE loop
lda $002000
AND #$08
BNE playspc ; error bit set?
LDA #$ff
STA $002006
LDA #$03     ; no idea if every track loops if not you need to find a solution
STA $002007
LDA #$00 ; mute spc
RTL
playspc:
LDA #$00
STA $002007
LDA $733E
RTL

Patch:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/kdl3_patch.zip


Last edited by Conn on Tue 3 Jul 2018 - 5:30; edited 4 times in total
avatar
Conn



Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Kirby's Dream Land 3 (finished)

Post by Polargames on Wed 13 Jun 2018 - 15:27

Conn wrote:Here's the asm for Kirby's Dream Land 3

Non-Loop tracks are not covered (all loop for now)
- either you use spc fallback for these
- you add a long mute after these are played
- or make a handling (I can do this if I get a list of non-loop tracks

Tracks can be mapped with $2004, write in bsnes:
09f815 sta $002004   [002004] A:0021
21 is logo, 22 is title, 25 is slot select, 29 is wind blowing prelevel, 19 is prelevel 1, 14 is level 1... ....


Code:

lorom
org $00D7ED
JSL freespace
NOP
NOP

org $09F800
freespace:
STA $7346
LDA $733E
BNE $01
RTL
PHA
lda $002002
CMP #$53
BEQ $02
PLA
RTL
PLA
STA $002004
LDA #$00
STA $002005
STA $002006
loop:
lda $002000
AND #$40
BNE loop
lda $002000
AND #$08
BNE playspc ; error bit set?
LDA #$ff
STA $002006
LDA #$03     ; no idea if every track loops if not you need to find a solution
STA $002007
LDA #$00 ; mute spc
RTL
playspc:
LDA #$00
STA $002007
LDA $733E
RTL

Sweet, Thank you very much Conn, I do have 2 qustens for you. One is how and where do I right this in bnes because there multi places where I can write stuff, and the second one is, What is better for music or eaiser, Looping tracks or SPC fallback? I had made some tracks for Wolfenstine but I do not know if they are correctly made. I had watched a youtube video by qwertymodo on mus1 tracks and copied what he did, but my might sux though.
avatar
Polargames
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Kirby's Dream Land 3 (finished)

Post by Conn on Wed 13 Jun 2018 - 15:46

1. Edale luckily just posted an image:


Debug console, breakpoint, 2004, hook at write. This way you can map all themes.

2. There are tracks that loop (level music) and tracks that don't loop (e.g. game over in super Mario world). Since I would differ by the track id which shall not loop I can't set them yet.
But since the code allows spc fallback if no msu track found, you can just leave the spc for those. If the non looped track is timed (e.g. you are automatically forwarded to level) you can add some seconds of mute so the repeat does not take action.

Wolfenstein has a hardcore mute, means every track needs to be msu:ed. Kirby is much more friendly in terms of coding.

Since you are a beginner in both, coding and pcm making, I suggest you look for help here. There are many pcm artists around Wink
avatar
Conn



Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Kirby's Dream Land 3 (finished)

Post by Polargames on Wed 13 Jun 2018 - 15:58

Conn wrote:1. Edale luckily just posted an image:


Debug console, breakpoint, 2004, hook at write. This way you can map all themes.

2. There are tracks that loop (level music) and tracks that don't loop (e.g. game over in super Mario world). Since I would differ by the track id which shall not loop I can't set them yet.
But since the code allows spc fallback if no msu track found, you can just leave the spc for those. If the non looped track is timed (e.g. you are automatically forwarded to level) you can add some seconds of mute so the repeat does not take action.

Wolfenstein has a hardcore mute, means every track needs to be msu:ed. Kirby is much more friendly in terms of coding.

Since you are a beginner in both, coding and pcm making, I suggest you look for help here. There are many pcm artists around Wink

Wow, so this what that for, I had stumbled on it when I was playing with bsnes and snes9x yesterday, but I did not know what it was for. Man I feel like a idoit lol Very Happy
avatar
Polargames
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Kirby's Dream Land 3 (finished)

Post by Polargames on Thu 14 Jun 2018 - 19:37

Conn wrote:1. Edale luckily just posted an image:


Debug console, breakpoint, 2004, hook at write. This way you can map all themes.

2. There are tracks that loop (level music) and tracks that don't loop (e.g. game over in super Mario world). Since I would differ by the track id which shall not loop I can't set them yet.
But since the code allows spc fallback if no msu track found, you can just leave the spc for those. If the non looped track is timed (e.g. you are automatically forwarded to level) you can add some seconds of mute so the repeat does not take action.

Wolfenstein has a hardcore mute, means every track needs to be msu:ed. Kirby is much more friendly in terms of coding.

Since you are a beginner in both, coding and pcm making, I suggest you look for help here. There are many pcm artists around Wink

Conn, I just wanted to let you now that I got PCMS being worked on for Wolfenstine and I am now looking into music for Kirby, Also thank you for the sticky on both also. I also like to say, Thanks for putting up with my noobness and helping me. I do wish the best of luck to you. :-) Also What is the rules for music? I do not see a post for that area?
avatar
Polargames
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Kirby's Dream Land 3 (finished)

Post by Conn on Thu 14 Jun 2018 - 20:37

Also What is the rules for music?
I do not know what you mean?

Rules for releasing a patch is:
Post with video in the category (Wolfenstein is Shoot 'em up, Kirby Jump'n Run (though it could also be Jump 'n gun? Smile )

The patch file must contain
- the asm
- the ips, bps or whatever
- the msu file of the format the pcm are named
- a readme

The pcm drive link
avatar
Conn



Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Kirby's Dream Land 3 (finished)

Post by Polargames on Fri 15 Jun 2018 - 1:05

Conn wrote:
Also What is the rules for music?
I do not know what you mean?

Rules for releasing a patch is:
Post with video in the category (Wolfenstein is Shoot 'em up, Kirby Jump'n Run (though it could also be Jump 'n gun? Smile )

The patch file must contain
- the asm
- the ips, bps or whatever
- the msu file of the format the pcm are named
- a readme

The pcm drive link

Thank you :-), What I ment about the music, No copyright music is to be link this site correct?
avatar
Polargames
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Kirby's Dream Land 3 (finished)

Post by Conn on Fri 15 Jun 2018 - 5:33

It's better to use music that is not under protection
avatar
Conn



Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Kirby's Dream Land 3 (finished)

Post by Polargames on Fri 15 Jun 2018 - 13:43

Conn wrote:It's better to use music that is not under protection

Ok, Thanks for your answer :-D, I though thats was one of the rules :-)
avatar
Polargames
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Kirby's Dream Land 3 (finished)

Post by Conn on Fri 15 Jun 2018 - 14:25

The rules are not as hard as for roms. If YouTube videos exists where to rip from it's more or less ok imo.
I think terranigma is one of those I urged to buy the tracks if the pcm are used. Also for star wars we provide.
But better is being on the safe side and use non protected music only
avatar
Conn



Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Kirby's Dream Land 3 (finished)

Post by Polargames on Fri 15 Jun 2018 - 14:46

Conn wrote:The rules are not as hard as for roms. If YouTube videos exists where to rip from it's more or less ok imo.
I think terranigma is one of those I urged to buy the tracks if the pcm are used. Also for star wars we provide.
But better is being on the safe side and use non protected music only

Ok, So If I understand you right, if someone would rip music from a youtube video to be used on a project that would be ok to post on this site? I know you said in your opoinon on that topic, I was just courious. :-)
avatar
Polargames
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Kirby's Dream Land 3 (finished)

Post by Conn on Fri 15 Jun 2018 - 14:58

It's not that easy. What is star wars or Indiana Jones msu patch worth if you can't use the ost?

If music is made by a private artist and the music can be ripped on YouTube, I appealed to potential players to be fair, read this:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1507-secret-of-evermore-msu

However, the authors of chrono trigger chose to not publish the commercial pcm and rather gave a tutorial how to convert the bought tracks. But here an alternative, free set exists.

So, it's more or less up to the authors of the pcm set what and how they provide, but if you can choose free music, then in any case use that!
avatar
Conn



Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Kirby's Dream Land 3 (finished)

Post by Polargames on Fri 15 Jun 2018 - 15:13

Conn wrote:It's not that easy. What is star wars or Indiana Jones msu patch worth if you can't use the ost?

If music is made by a private artist and the music can be ripped on YouTube, I appealed to potential players to be fair, read this:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1507-secret-of-evermore-msu

However, the authors of chrono trigger chose to not publish the commercial pcm and rather gave a tutorial how to convert the bought tracks. But here an alternative, free set exists.

So, it's more or less up to the authors of the pcm set what and how they provide, but if you can choose free music, then in any case use that!

I 100% agree with you on the star wars and Indiana Jones. :-), What if a person remixed a OST of a game and then they who uploaded the video had a link posted undered it that you could download, Would that fall under the youtube rip/ secret of evermore topic? Would kirby then fall under the authors that do not published commercial pcms then?
avatar
Polargames
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Kirby's Dream Land 3 (finished)

Post by Conn on Fri 15 Jun 2018 - 15:18

I really don't understand your problem. If it's download able it's free.... or not?
Just credit the authors, we often enough forget this.

I said all I could regarding this topic, leaving the message to you: It's in the end up to you what you use!
avatar
Conn



Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Kirby's Dream Land 3 (finished)

Post by Polargames on Fri 15 Jun 2018 - 15:21

Conn wrote:I really don't understand your problem. If it's download able it's free.... or not?
Just credit the authors, we often enough forget this.

I said all I could regarding this topic, leaving the message to you: It's in the end up to you what you use!

Ok, You have answered my qustens, Thank you very much :-D
avatar
Polargames
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Kirby's Dream Land 3 (finished)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum