Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by Conn on Sun 1 Jul 2018 - 6:17

Unfortunately, you still didn't do it the way we'd need it to convert it to pcm... you did not enter the track id - that is the reason why you do the stuff with the breakpoints!

E.g.:
09f815 sta $002004   [002004] A:0014 X:0000 Y:0043 S:1fee D:3600 DB:40 nvMXdizC V:183 H: 228 F:39 Level 1 start

This means:
Track ID: (SPC HEX) 14
PCM dec (just convert the hex into dec): 20
PCM Loop: YES (I guess)
Description: Level 1 start
Source (I guess): http://teknoaxe.com/Link_Code_4.php?q=1327&Genre=Comedy

I edited
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mS7iNCErjJsmijgiwh4NxV7sXn3RpkwPqzF1ZSSwlqY/edit#gid=2004799588
a bit, please copy/paste the pcm source to the correct place, enter the missing parts (e.g., ending, credits), and select whether the tracks loop or not...
avatar
Conn



Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by Polargames on Sun 1 Jul 2018 - 14:38

Conn wrote:Unfortunately, you still didn't do it the way we'd need it to convert it to pcm... you did not enter the track id - that is the reason why you do the stuff with the breakpoints!

E.g.:
09f815 sta $002004   [002004] A:0014 X:0000 Y:0043 S:1fee D:3600 DB:40 nvMXdizC V:183 H: 228 F:39 Level 1 start

This means:
Track ID: (SPC HEX) 14
PCM dec (just convert the hex into dec): 20
PCM Loop: YES (I guess)
Description: Level 1 start
Source (I guess): http://teknoaxe.com/Link_Code_4.php?q=1327&Genre=Comedy

I edited
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mS7iNCErjJsmijgiwh4NxV7sXn3RpkwPqzF1ZSSwlqY/edit#gid=2004799588
a bit, please copy/paste the pcm source to the correct place, enter the missing parts (e.g., ending, credits), and select whether the tracks loop or not...

I know, I was just doing one step at a time, I was a little busy yesterday and when I had some free time I wanted to make sure I had the music sources done. Sorry about the confuision.
avatar
Polargames
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by Polargames on Sun 1 Jul 2018 - 15:55

Conn wrote:Unfortunately, you still didn't do it the way we'd need it to convert it to pcm... you did not enter the track id - that is the reason why you do the stuff with the breakpoints!

E.g.:
09f815 sta $002004   [002004] A:0014 X:0000 Y:0043 S:1fee D:3600 DB:40 nvMXdizC V:183 H: 228 F:39 Level 1 start

This means:
Track ID: (SPC HEX) 14
PCM dec (just convert the hex into dec): 20
PCM Loop: YES (I guess)
Description: Level 1 start
Source (I guess): http://teknoaxe.com/Link_Code_4.php?q=1327&Genre=Comedy

I edited
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mS7iNCErjJsmijgiwh4NxV7sXn3RpkwPqzF1ZSSwlqY/edit#gid=2004799588
a bit, please copy/paste the pcm source to the correct place, enter the missing parts (e.g., ending, credits), and select whether the tracks loop or not...


I got what you said done, I have all Hex converted to DEC that was wrote on the chart. I also put in my music sources as well, For some I have put Do not know because when I type in the Hex I can not find it in my notes. As I type Pepv is also working on the pcms I belive. So please let me know if you found what I did not and/or what I did not do. I also added the end credits and final boss fight and king Dede as well.
avatar
Polargames
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by pepillopev on Sun 1 Jul 2018 - 17:29

@Conn @Polargames Ok, I finished the PCMs for what was only mapped from the list. The rest of the tracks have no hex/dec track values to reference (hence, I left those untouched). Below is the link for the partial set.

Kirby 3 Partial Set (using "kdl3-msu1-x" naming scheme)

Note: Just remember, you have to rename the pcm tracks since I use the "-" and not the "_". Also not sure what you both called the game, I used the "kdl3-msu1-X" naming scheme.

pepillopev



Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by Conn on Sun 1 Jul 2018 - 18:33

So much progress, thanks the both of you Very Happy
I will adjust the patch package tomorrow (maybe the day after tomorrow) to the name convention kdl3-msu (includes readme bml and such as well).
I'll also make a loop table to the asm. If anybody can set the missing loop values to the doc would be awesome, if not I can check them myself with below technique.

If you want to find out the missing themes (03, 07, 0C, 17, 23), try this technique:

Load the (original) rom in bsnes,
go into the debugger menu, breakpoint editor
give breakpoint
00d7d1 with X hook

Skip where A:0000 wait for title screen with A:0021
Type now into A: the missing track, like A:0003, A:000C instead of the 21, and the theme you typed into A is then played  Very Happy

The description is then obsolete, but maybe you can find out the remastered track then to substitute. Write into SOURCE the remastered theme for the unknown track if you recognize the spc so we can msu it.

Here's a (hopefully selfexplaining) image what to do:



(Breakpoint editor in background with address 00d7d1 and write hook)
(Debug console in forground with the two skipped A:0000 breaks, and at A:0021 write into the red box the value of the spc theme you want to hear, like A:0003. This theme will then be played at the title screen)

I hope this is of help Wink
avatar
Conn



Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by Polargames on Sun 1 Jul 2018 - 21:58

Conn wrote:So much progress, thanks the both of you Very Happy
I will adjust the patch package tomorrow (maybe the day after tomorrow) to the name convention kdl3-msu (includes readme bml and such as well).
I'll also make a loop table to the asm. If anybody can set the missing loop values to the doc would be awesome, if not I can check them myself with below technique.

If you want to find out the missing themes (03, 07, 0C, 17, 23), try this technique:

Load the (original) rom in bsnes,
go into the debugger menu, breakpoint editor
give breakpoint
00d7d1 with X hook

Skip where A:0000 wait for title screen with A:0021
Type now into A: the missing track, like A:0003, A:000C instead of the 21, and the theme you typed into A is then played  Very Happy

The description is then obsolete, but maybe you can find out the remastered track then to substitute. Write into SOURCE the remastered theme for the unknown track if you recognize the spc so we can msu it.

Here's a (hopefully selfexplaining) image what to do:



(Breakpoint editor in background with address 00d7d1 and write hook)
(Debug console in forground with the two skipped A:0000 breaks, and at A:0021 write into the red box the value of the spc theme you want to hear, like A:0003. This theme will then be played at the title screen)

I hope this is of help Wink

Your very welcome Conn Very Happy, I went threw and did my best to fill in the missing, but I would like you to double check on them when you have time just to make sure I did them right. I did follow the instructions you gave, but its never a bad thing to have double checked. Thanks again and Pepev Thank you for your great work and videos also ;-)
avatar
Polargames
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by Conn on Mon 2 Jul 2018 - 3:31

I'm not sure, 07 sounds a bit different from what you picked. Also 0c plays for me.

As for the others I can't tell, because I don't know Kirby at all, but please recheck at least these two....
avatar
Conn



Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by Polargames on Mon 2 Jul 2018 - 11:57

Conn wrote:I'm not sure, 07 sounds a bit different from what you picked. Also 0c plays for me.

As for the others I can't tell, because I don't know Kirby at all, but please recheck at least these two....

I agree with you on 07, I really cannot pinpoint it myself. maybe its a unused track? I did 0c to play for me this time which is weird because I tried it 6 times yesterday and nothing, but 0c that one I really cannot tell if its a boss fight song or cut screen? Confused maybe pepv could tell which is which?
avatar
Polargames
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by Conn on Mon 2 Jul 2018 - 12:32

If you can't find it or anything to substitute, just leave it as spc fallback...



Last edited by Conn on Mon 2 Jul 2018 - 13:33; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Conn



Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by pepillopev on Mon 2 Jul 2018 - 13:02

@Conn @Polargames Track 7 is called Dedede. So my guess, its fighting the final boss, King Dedede. Look at link below:

King Dedede Boss Battle (reference at 0:01 mark)

As for track 12 (0C hex), that is called Iceberg, YouTube reference below (its one of the Iceberg stages, particularly the last stage leading to final boss, I think).

Level 5 Iceberg (reference 22:04 mark)

pepillopev



Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by Conn on Mon 2 Jul 2018 - 13:34

I am finished with the patch:

New Patch:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/kdl3_patch.zip
- all files to kdl3-msu1 convention
- added bml, readme
- added loop table to asm, so also the ips changes

The loop values given were at 50% incorrect. In Kirby this doesn't matter so much (almost all loop, except: 1,6,16,21,22), but in other games this is crucial! Here must be taken extreme care. Maybe it was the autoadvance (I tested all with above breakpoint in a screen with endless loop possible).
I corrected the loop info at
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mS7iNCErjJsmijgiwh4NxV7sXn3RpkwPqzF1ZSSwlqY/edit#gid=2004799588

I only hope that all pcm substitutes are correctly mapped, Pev, could you maybe check with above breakpoint?
00d7d1 with X hook (to let the specific spc play and compare with the pcm)
avatar
Conn



Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by pepillopev on Mon 2 Jul 2018 - 13:59

@Conn The PCMs work with the supplied breakpoint. I will finish the rest of the PCMs once Polargames maps out the rest listed below in the GoogleDocs sheet.

pepillopev



Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by Conn on Mon 2 Jul 2018 - 14:25

Awesome, thanks a lot, it seems like this project is finished soon Smile
avatar
Conn



Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by Polargames on Mon 2 Jul 2018 - 17:39

pepillopev wrote:@Conn The PCMs work with the supplied breakpoint. I will finish the rest of the PCMs once Polargames maps out the rest listed below in the GoogleDocs sheet.


I would like to say that it is all done, I have went threw my map and as both of you have told me the game does use repeat code for other levels, I double checked the HEX and DEC and it seems to me the game ends at 43. So I think it is done. If all else fails we could do SPC fallback. But no I think it is done :-). If you guys or anyone else want to look it over that is fine with me, but I honstly think its done.
avatar
Polargames
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by Conn on Mon 2 Jul 2018 - 18:32

Pev marked a conflict yellow in the docs, track 14 and 19 (hex), where you chose the same track. Can you resolve it?
avatar
Conn



Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by pepillopev on Mon 2 Jul 2018 - 18:47

The yellow marked was to remind me that Polar used the same track source selection for two different SPC values (ie, same song used in two different parts of the game).

Not sure if this was Polar’s intention. So I just went with my instinct that this is what was wanted.

Update: What was confusing me is that there is still stuff on the bottom of the list. I took the extra fluff as each level having tracks too. If the list is all that has assigned values, are we considered done then?

pepillopev



Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by Polargames on Tue 3 Jul 2018 - 0:07

pepillopev wrote:The yellow marked was to remind me that Polar used the same track source selection for two different SPC values (ie, same song used in two different parts of the game).

Not sure if this was Polar’s intention. So I just went with my instinct that this is what was wanted.

Update: What was confusing me is that there is still stuff on the bottom of the list. I took the extra fluff as each level having tracks too. If the list is all that has assigned values, are we considered done then?

No it was not pepillopev but I thank you for doing the highlight on it. The start a new game was to be SPC fallback, It must of glitched when I had pasted it to the other level. Again thank you so much Smile. I have cleaned up where you had said about the extra listings, I was going to do that but was really zoned into makeing sure I had Zero and Dark matter mapped out when conn gave me the 100% save file and double checking that it worked right. Again my bad. I think kirby is now ready for prime time. But what do you guys think.
avatar
Polargames
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by pepillopev on Tue 3 Jul 2018 - 0:35

@Polargames One more conflict. You have track 23 and 24 decimal assigned the same track (Dark Matter Intro and Dark Matter Boss Fight). Is this what you want? I already used the "It's Dark O'Clock" music sample for track 24. Leave like this? Or do you want to assign a different track for decimal 23? I left the new conflicts highlighted in yellow.

pepillopev



Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by Polargames on Tue 3 Jul 2018 - 0:46

pepillopev wrote:@Polargames One more conflict. You have track 23 and 24 decimal assigned the same track (Dark Matter Intro and Dark Matter Boss Fight). Is this what you want? I already used the "It's Dark O'Clock" music sample for track 24. Leave like this? Or do you want to assign a different track for decimal 23? I left the new conflicts highlighted in yellow.

Thank you again for bring it to my attition, I have changed the into for dark matter. Thanks Very Happy
avatar
Polargames
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by pepillopev on Tue 3 Jul 2018 - 0:49

@Polargames Ok, if this is indeed the last edit, then I consider this game completed. I will post it once an opportunity presents itself for me to make a video for it. Hopefully, no later than noon tomorrow (or sooner). All the PCMs in the list are done and accounted for.

Smile

pepillopev



Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by Polargames on Tue 3 Jul 2018 - 0:53

pepillopev wrote:@Polargames Ok, if this is indeed the last edit, then I consider this game completed. I will post it once an opportunity presents itself for me to make a video for it. Hopefully, no later than noon tomorrow (or sooner). All the PCMs in the list are done and accounted for.

Smile

Awesome Very Happy  Thank you so much Pepillopev and Conn. You two are awesome :-D

avatar
Polargames
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by Conn on Tue 3 Jul 2018 - 5:27

Awesome, thanks the both of you as well Wink
Now I hope we get some progress in OoTW
avatar
Conn



Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by Polargames on Tue 3 Jul 2018 - 11:08

Conn wrote:Awesome, thanks the both of you as well Wink
Now I hope we get some progress in OoTW

Your welcome Very Happy
avatar
Polargames
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by Polargames on Wed 4 Jul 2018 - 0:23

@Conn, Hey I played a little bit of ootw and I did not get far, I kept dieing when I am in the pipe. I had used a cheat code to get to that point because I kept getting killed. But he is some thing I did get for you.
Code:
04: Animal shot (end of L1) and go into elevator, 06 Looking out Jail Bar Window
Sorry that its not much, but its what I could do. I hope it helps :-)
avatar
Polargames
Blacksmith
Blacksmith

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by pepillopev on Wed 4 Jul 2018 - 1:35

@Polargames Please fill out this information in the GoogleDocs Track List for OOTW, link below:

Out of This World Track List

Reason for this, it helps other PCM artists since this guide makes it easier to reference what music goes to what part of the game.

pepillopev



Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum