Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Mapping Kirby and Out of this World - Page 4 Empty Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by JUD6MENT Fri 6 Jul 2018 - 1:33

Im almost done with the game, will finish tomorrow. This is a hard game to debug because most scene that require a fast reaction are also have a song change and my games pauses, lol, but im almost at the end.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Mapping Kirby and Out of this World - Page 4 Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Mapping Kirby and Out of this World - Page 4 Empty Re: Mapping Kirby and Out of this World

Post by pev Fri 6 Jul 2018 - 1:44

@JUD6MENT Awesome! I know this will make Conn very happy. I'm confident he wants this game to be finished.

Smile

pev

Mapping Kirby and Out of this World - Page 4 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 6 Jul 2018 - 4:58

Awesome Very Happy

As for the difficulties, I know this. The escaping black animal made me almost mad, because pressing run again costed me always the cruscial seconds.
The only way I passed was to make a savestate before the scene, map the tracks, and disable the breakpoint, play past the difficuult scene and enable the breakpoint again then.

Thanks a lot Very Happy

Only thing unclear in the list so far is the track 8 (L4 sucker punch duell) where the OST links to the cage down jingle (track7). When using the time stamp it gets not clear to me which theme is referred to (seems like 2 tracks are played directly behind each other).
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Fri 6 Jul 2018 - 7:29

Oh, my bad, i copy and pasted the wrong youtube link. Basically there are 3 tracks in the game that are the same music track but mapped to multiple locations. Like the "look out window scene" and " roll in the vents scene" and "where you get punched and gun slide across the floor" all play the original sound track called "Alien City." I will double check each track and youtube link later today to fix any wrong links i put in. And i will also finish this game. Hopefully by about 1:00-2:00pm.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Fri 6 Jul 2018 - 15:19

JUD6MENT wrote:Im almost done with the game, will finish tomorrow. This is a hard game to debug because most scene that require a fast reaction are also have a song change and my games pauses, lol, but im almost at the end.

Congrats dude. Keep up the great work. :-D
Polargames
Polargames

Mapping Kirby and Out of this World - Page 4 Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Fri 6 Jul 2018 - 17:21

Ok, sitting down to finish the game, be about a hour
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 6 Jul 2018 - 18:54

Looking at your list it seems we are done Very Happy
Thanks so much!

Only question remaining is the ending and credits:
Ending
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Z4qYS9hvQ
Credits:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeYmqD-SaTc

According to your list, it is only 1 theme though that youtube marks it as 2 distinct tracks, right? I'd mark it as non-loop since, when it's over we get to the title screen, but this is negligible (loop or not doesn't make difference at this place).
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Fri 6 Jul 2018 - 19:01

I was actually just typing the answer to your question as you posted it, lol.

Ok, just finished, filled everything in, fixed the sucker punched duel part where i accidentally copied the wrong link, and I just double checked every link and they are all matching correctly.

Tracks 05 & 0F &10 have no match as far as I could tell. I looked at this youtube death compilation and recreated every last one and found no additional music tracks findings due to deaths.
https://youtu.be/mloKxbSd9qo
I am %99 sure I found every music break through debugger and recorded them. As far as I can tell, this game has no hidden or multiple endings.

Looking back at my Debugger notes I found A:8000 was one of my music stops, I cant remember what caused that to come up on the screen but it was some point a little after looking out the window at prison. Do I need to go back and see what A:8000 was? This showed up seven times in a row at one point of my play through and never again.

Tracks 02 & 06 & 08 use the same track called "Alien City." 06 and 08 does not loop, tracks 02 does.

This track is to the opening world of the game before being chased by beast dog thing
https://youtu.be/UIkz31kGj40
It plays and does not stop the game or pull up debugger, I believe this track is actually just sound effects in the game and no music track is played at that spot.

This track I can not find in the game at all, i looked it up and found it is only used for the beta version of the game but I believe it is still in the finished version of the game code without being able to be accessed at any point of the game. I may be wrong though.
https://youtu.be/NeYmqD-SaTc

I have save points through out the game, let me know if there is something that still needs to be checked or if I am missing something. Hope this helps. Is someone making the PCM files already or would you like me to do that as well? I honestly wouldnt mind doing it or not doing it.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Fri 6 Jul 2018 - 19:03

I actually think your right about ending being non-loop, it just felt so long that I thought it looped at some point, like some of the Megaman X credit scenes, but it seems to be a long enough track to not need a loop.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Fri 6 Jul 2018 - 19:33

Looking back at my Debugger notes I found A:8000 was one of my music stops, I cant remember what caused that to come up on the screen but it was some point a little after looking out the window at prison. Do I need to go back and see what A:8000 was? This showed up seven times in a row at one point of my play through and never again.
No worries about this. If it is ~really~ important, I built in a spc fallback that would take over... same for track 5 in case it is somewhere in the game (which I don't belive).
Also this would be valid for the "lost" track if it is hidden somewhere (the spc version sounds also not bad at all).

In the end we maybe have 4-5 pcm to create, right? I mean that short cage jingle and death stuff we happily can leave as spc fallback I think. The intro video should be made as pcm (though it gets replaced by the msu fmv, but I leave an optional audio patch only).

Such a small game and so much effort. Again, much thanks!

I will finish up the patch, with the loop information. I think I will make the ending to loop, nevertheless it is timed. If pcm creators want it non-loop with a fade out, they can simply add some seconds of mute to the end.

For the pcm we at least need 2 packs anyways, since we have two videos -> "my" remake and Relikk's anniversary.
I think Relikk wants to make his own pcm pack with his own video, but if you want to make your own pcm set, feel free to stuff my video remake into it Wink

Edit:
Ok, new patch with corrected loop info is up:
https://www.zeldix.net/t1732-out-of-this-world
Ending is set on loop.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Fri 6 Jul 2018 - 23:02

Congrats Jud6ment and Conn :-D. Mapping Kirby and Out of this World - Page 4 Outoft10
Polargames
Polargames

Mapping Kirby and Out of this World - Page 4 Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sat 7 Jul 2018 - 6:35

Conn wrote:I think Relikk wants to make his own pcm pack with his own video...

Mapping Kirby and Out of this World - Page 4 RRxj0EC
Relikk
Relikk

Mapping Kirby and Out of this World - Page 4 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 7 Jul 2018 - 7:47

*lol, still burned out from Prince of Persia? Razz

Ok then, I'd suggest making two pcm sets if anybody is interested, one with the remake video and one with the anniversary video, while I'd imagine the remake video package can have more creative pcm:s while the anniversary video can have more classic-like pcm:s (like from another console, PS2 or wherever that game was released as well)?

Looking at the theme maps, there is little variety, the jingles won't need to be replaced (spc fallback), so the pcm sets should be made rather fast.
I added to the theme mapping these two alternatives (creative and classic set). Anybody is welcome to edit it...
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4