Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius assistance

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius assistance - Page 2 Empty Re: Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius assistance

Post by pev Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 15:26

@JUD6MENT Ok, I added and corrected some stuff Polar did. I will stop my progress since I know you will pursue it. Thanks for that.

Keep in mind that each fighter has their own intro (you will see I labeled some already on the map list). Also, when you defeat the boss, that track is like an explosion FX track (document those too). I had to use a hard mute for this game so its possible those FX sounds could be missing (must be restored via MSU possibly).

pev

Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius assistance - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius assistance - Page 2 Empty Re: Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius assistance

Post by Polargames Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 16:41

pepillopev wrote:@JUD6MENT Ok, I added and corrected some stuff Polar did. I will stop my progress since I know you will pursue it. Thanks for that.

Keep in mind that each fighter has their own intro (you will see I labeled some already on the map list). Also, when you defeat the boss, that track is like an explosion FX track (document those too). I had to use a hard mute for this game so its possible those FX sounds could be missing (must be restored via MSU possibly).

Ok, Pepillopev, I will be continueing on the project. What color will the explosion FX track be on the bsnes?
Polargames
Polargames

Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius assistance - Page 2 Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 16:47

@Polar The explosion FX tracks I will need to see how the hard muted ROM behaves on those (if they are missing, a MSU version will have to take their place). It could just be a mute track, for all I know. I'll play it on the MSU version once I get the correct loop values to test it out.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 18:24

pepillopev wrote:@Polar The explosion FX tracks I will need to see how the hard muted ROM behaves on those (if they are missing, a MSU version will have to take their place). It could just be a mute track, for all I know. I'll play it on the MSU version once I get the correct loop values to test it out.

Ok, I have your message and the patch. Well be testing :-D
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 12:50

Ok, Pepv I have looked on the chart and seen that everything is found for the game, but I wanted to ask you what you would like me to do? I had replayed the game and let you the note on the chart saying what I got from the debugger lined up to what we have charted.

From @PepilloPEV Polar, I think we are almost at the finish line. All we have left is pretty much packaging this patch with the pcms and call at a day. That is, until someone finds a bug in the game. Then its back to zero-day.
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 12:55

I mapped the rest of the character themes earlier but, they don't seem to play for me. Can you confirm, Polar? Could be just a problem on my end.

I left Pev a note in the chat about them, but the themes are $99, $9C, $9D, $9E and $9F.
Relikk
Relikk

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 13:06

@Relikk Nah, not your fault, my friend. There are still some tracks I'm not sure of. If they do not play most likely I have not coded them in yet (ie, set up the loop table for them). I'll revisit your updated map list and see what is missing. I'll update, then resend you guys the newer ROM.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 13:07

Phew. Smile
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 13:14

@Relikk I sent you and others involved an updated ROM. Those tracks should now play.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 13:16

@Relikk @ParodiusTeamMembers Any way to extract the explosion FX from the game? My hard mute omits them from the game (just mute when bosses explode transitioning to next stage). These tracks are B9 and BA (highlighted in PEACH color at very bottom of table). Any ideas?

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 13:17

Is the explosion on its own in the original game without any music or other FX behind it?
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 13:22

@Relikk Yes, once the bosses die, the music stops, then you hear explosions. Here is a YouTube link for an idea.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 13:26

It shouldn't be a problem. Let me work on it.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 14:03

I can isolate the first one, but not the second. Sob
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 14:07

@Relikk No biggie, we can just use the same track for both of them (that is, until a better solution turns up).

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 14:09

Aye. Still have to play through it to get the PCM's normalised so, there may be a similar sound effect somewhere that I can isolate.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 14:28

Mapped two more tracks on the sheet.

$95 and $98. Ranking and Game Over/Continue respectively. I was wondering since I had two leftover PCM's after renaming everything. I suppose since cheats were needed to test, nobody actually got to those screens. Very Happy
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 14:43

@Relikk Ok, I updated the ROM with your newly provided values. The updated ROM can be obtained from the same link I provided you in the PM (now designated as beta3). I assigned them as always looping (as seen on the list).

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 15:16

The second stage sound effect after beating the boss sounded normal, to me. But the new explosion PCM for the first boss didn't play.

A suggestion for the Konami logo if it's possible. Can you get the PCM to play when the screen appears. At the moment it's like the rest of the Konami games where the PCM plays just before the background turns white. If not I just have to up the tempo a little so it doesn't get cut off when the screen fades.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 15:17

@Relikk I look into it if I can find a trigger soon (similar to what we had with Sunset Riders with the delay).

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 15:21

@Relikk The explosion FX for first boss did not play because I forgot to add it the loop table (oops). I updated the ROM via same link.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 15:41

@Relikk Are you still having problems with the chart? On my end it says it can be edited by anyone with the link.

Try this link:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dC8rB03jAE-4byWm2XofekUTl5ssuSkInzy3LviF5Go/edit?usp=sharing

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 15:49

No. Never had problems with the chart. I was editing in those character themes and new tracks earlier. Must be someone else.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 16:38

@Pepv I got your patch and will be playing it asap. @Relikk the values that you wanted me to test could be for the options menu which Pepv had left out and on my end did not pop in the debugger because we cannot read japanesse at all.
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 16:41

It's fine, Polar. Pev just hadn't got those tracks coded in yet. He's fixed it in the latest beta ROM.

I'll be posting some updated PCM's in a few minutes. Stay tuned.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next