Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius assistance

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius assistance - Page 4 Empty Re: Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius assistance

Post by pev Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 12:19

@Polargames Hmm, ok, let me try to explain a little better. The hook in my current code is optimal for getting all the tracks to play MSU w/o issue. In this way, the Konami logo plays on queue like it’s suppose too.

Relikk asked if there was a way to get the Konami logo to play sooner so that his sample fits. Otherwise, he has to speed up the PCM or find one that fits the short playing window time frame.

Now, I found alternate hooks that can play it sooner (most likely not intended in original ROM) but not without introducing bugs to already stable code.

For example, the values from one alternate hook found to play Konami sooner, I have additional values that wreak havoc on my current “stable” good MSU hook and established loop table.

Can I patch around it, sure. Is it worth my time now? Hmm, maybe in the future but as Conn puts it sometimes “too much effort for so little gain”. This does not mean I won’t try at a later date.

My concern is getting this game done and out the door. I’ll worry about cosmetic stuff later. I hope all of this explains it better.

pev

Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius assistance - Page 4 Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius assistance - Page 4 Empty Re: Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius assistance

Post by Polargames Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 12:25

pepillopev wrote:@Polargames Hmm, ok, let me try to explain a little better. The hook in my current code is optimal for getting all the tracks to play MSU w/o issue. In this way, the Konami logo plays on queue like it’s suppose too.

Relikk asked if there was a way to get the Konami logo to play sooner so that his sample fits. Otherwise, he has to speed up the PCM or find one that fits the short playing window time frame.

Now, I found alternate hooks that can play it sooner (most likely not intended in original ROM) but not without introducing bugs to already stable code.

For example, the values from one alternate hook found to play Konami sooner, I have additional values that wreak havoc on my current “stable” good MSU hook and established loop table.

Can I patch around it, sure. Is it worth my time now? Hmm, maybe in the future but as Conn puts it sometimes “too much effort for so little gain”. This does not mean I won’t try at a later date.

My concern is getting this game done and out the door. I’ll worry about cosmetic stuff later. I hope all of this explains it better.

Yes it does, You have explained it perfectly. Thank you very much for that. I had thought that I forgot something when it was mapping. Smile
Polargames
Polargames

Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius assistance - Page 4 Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 12:29

pepillopev wrote:@Relikk Not yet, I found another cosmetic bug. After the game demo, the music should stop going back to the Konami logo. I will fix when time permits (block party later on today).

I asked JUD6MENT to check if any of the other stages load alternate track values after you die (after a new stage song is loaded).

Yeah, i will get on that and have it done by tomorrow.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius assistance - Page 4 Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 14:15

pepillopev wrote:@Relikk I just tested it, and frankly, I'm impressed. I prefer it this way. So be it, if you die you get the vocal version of stage 2. Lol. Nice, good job, Relikk.

Pff, your idea. Your credit.

As for the logo... Bugger. I'll find a replacement as that Konami jingle doesn't sound that good at a faster tempo.
Relikk
Relikk

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 15:15

@Relikk You suggested the track and made it known. I’d say you deserve some credit for bringing it up.

As for the Konami logo, I’ll revisit it eventually. So hold on to the one you have.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 15:19

I have another one I like from X68000 games I can use. I made a small video with them. The first one is what we had and what it would be like. The second is the X68000 version. The last is from the DDR games on PS1.

I've used the X68000 version already on Prince of Persia, I think. So I kind of want to go with the DDR version.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 16:13

I have watch the video and I do like the DDR one, For some reason I think it would fit well in the game.
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 16:20

Yeah. Compared to the X68000, it's the least synthetic sounding and fits with the arranged OST.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 16:31

Relikk wrote:Yeah. Compared to the X68000, it's the least synthetic sounding and fits with the arranged OST.

Thats what I had liked about it, Now we have to wait and see if Pepv agrees and likes the one we have picked out. Fingers crossed
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 18:17

@Relikk, @Polargames You choose what ever you want. I'm just the coder, lol. I'm not a picky person. For now, there is not much I can do in getting it to play sooner. Eventually, I will come to a solution, just not now.

If all is well in the PCM department. I think we may have a stable msu1 patch. Get the last beta7 rom (same link from before). This one I fixed that no mute bug after game demo. If all goes well (no alternate tracks found by JUD6MENT), we can call this game finished and ready for prime time.

Wink

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 18:23

PCMs should be done. I've adjusted and re-adjusted about five times today alone. I'll post a final link when we (hopefully) get the green light tomorrow.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 19:19

Sounds Good. Looking forward to it :-D
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 4:20

Here is a link to what should be the final PCM set for JUD6MENT and anyone else that wants to test. Barring any changes, we can keep this link for the release.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahue7izQZmouwW_sphWjhYSgog-x
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sun 5 Aug 2018 - 15:18

Relikk wrote:Here is a link to what should be the final PCM set for JUD6MENT and anyone else that wants to test. Barring any changes, we can keep this link for the release.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahue7izQZmouwW_sphWjhYSgog-x

Sounds great Relikk, I will give it a go. Smile
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4