Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius assistance

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius assistance - Page 3 Empty Re: Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius assistance

Post by Relikk Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 16:53

PCM's: https://mega.nz/#!ZqRUkIpC!L0KH1CmJPMZVGBhHv7dAQlOccQ79ZAXIzE94QrGW7TU

They're not final, but they're a good indication of it.
Relikk
Relikk

Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius assistance - Page 3 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius assistance - Page 3 Empty Re: Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius assistance

Post by pev Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 16:59

@Relikk Ok, I will post it on the main MSU1 page and see what bugs everyone else encounters when playing the game. If this is ok with you.

pev

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 17:15

As a release article, you mean?
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 17:35

Sounds good to me. I just play it again and everything works great, The explosion has no sound when you beat the game, but I knew that ahead of time. Everything else is 100% in my book :-D.
Polargames
Polargames

Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius assistance - Page 3 Image112

Since : 2018-06-06

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 18:07

@Relikk On second thought, maybe not. I still have to implement stop MSU when you die. Did not work on SNES 9X.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 18:12

https://youtu.be/6jsbtfsGTzE?t=9m4s

Vocal version of that theme. I can't remember if it was on the OST, but I want to find it and add it in as an alt, for the lols (sorry for using that acronym but it suits it).

EDIT: Ha! It is. Track 45.

https://vgmdb.net/album/1042
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 19:02

@Relikk Go for it. That extra vocal track will be plus! Smile

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 19:03

pepillopev wrote:@Relikk Go for it. That extra vocal track will be plus! Smile

That will be sweet to have in game :-D
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 19:09

@Pepv, Would it be ok for me to post the cover art in the art fourm and then send you the link for it? I wanted to ask before I did it.
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 19:34

@Polargames Sure. All I will need is just your link to put in the Cover Art Contributor section. I'm almost done implementing pause-resume and player died code. The fade out can wait (I'm in lazy mode to code that in right now, close to my beer time).

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 20:54

@ToAll Ok, I added a beta5 rom (same link as before). This version incorporates fading (when transitioning and player dies) and msu mute when game is paused. Test it out and let me know how it goes. If all goes well, I will release it ASAP.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 21:16

@ToAll I found a bug where the music does not restart after dying in Stage 2 (found when playing Snes9x). Trying to see if I can reproduce it in bSnes++ to trace where the problem is.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 21:52

@ToAll I see what is going on, when you die, the game loads an alternate track A5 for stage 2 (without the bells ringing intro). This track is not in our list. I updated the loop table to include support for the alternate stage 2 track 165 (w/o bells). The updated rom is via the link. We are at beta6.

Hopefully, other stages don't do this (at least Stage 1 does not do this, that I know of). Otherwise, we have to revisit them all over again (w/o using saves states as new msu1 code may cause problems). Then die on purpose and get the new values (if any are produced).

@Relikk I see this also as a quirky game behavior we can take advantage of, for example, play that vocal alternate track when the game restarts. If you don't die you get the non-vocal one. If you do, you get the vocal track (or vice versa). Just a suggestion.

Wink

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 23:16

pepillopev wrote:@Polargames Sure. All I will need is just your link to put in the Cover Art Contributor section. I'm almost done implementing pause-resume and player died code. The fade out can wait (I'm in lazy mode to code that in right now, close to my beer time).

Cool, Thank you very much I will sent it to you for sure. :-D
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Fri 3 Aug 2018 - 23:33

pepillopev wrote:@Polargames Sure. All I will need is just your link to put in the Cover Art Contributor section. I'm almost done implementing pause-resume and player died code. The fade out can wait (I'm in lazy mode to code that in right now, close to my beer time).

Hey you earned your beer time for sure Pepv :-D

Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius assistance - Page 3 Tenor
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 3:58

pepillopev wrote:@Relikk I see this also as a quirky game behavior we can take advantage of, for example, play that vocal alternate track when the game restarts. If you don't die you get the non-vocal one. If you do, you get the vocal track (or vice versa).

Yes! We'll do that. Here's the PCM...

https://mega.nz/#!svgRlI5K!QzSY0uZeo2APz7MYek0eff9zfQCBgjLmxa_0fHO5rw4

Any joy with the Konami logo screen?
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 11:01

@Relikk Not yet, I found another cosmetic bug. After the game demo, the music should stop going back to the Konami logo. I will fix when time permits (block party later on today).

I asked JUD6MENT to check if any of the other stages load alternate track values after you die (after a new stage song is loaded).

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 11:16

There wasn't much more on the soundtrack, SPC and arranged. Only stuff that was in the PS1 and Saturn versions, but not in the SNES version. It's unlikely. Worth checking of course.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 11:42

@Relikk So are we going for vocal track version after you die then?

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 11:45

@Relikk I just tested it, and frankly, I'm impressed. I prefer it this way. So be it, if you die you get the vocal version of stage 2. Lol. Nice, good job, Relikk.

Last edited by pepillopev on Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 11:52; edited 1 time in total

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 11:50

Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius assistance - Page 3 Tenor
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 11:56

@Relikk Ok, for now, I suggest speeding up the Konami logo (or use an alternate that fits better). All the other methods I tried, so far, to start the Konami jingle earlier break how the other tracks play in the game. So, no luck, for now.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 11:59

@Pepv, Is that due to the fact the game reuses a lot of code for different areas, Or am I way off?
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Post by pev Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 12:02

@Polargames No, some values pop up elsewhere in the game that are present in the Konami portion. One symptom, I get the Konami logo playing where it is not suppose too.

pev

Back to top Go down

Post by Polargames Sat 4 Aug 2018 - 12:08

pepillopev wrote:@Polargames No, some values pop up elsewhere in the game that are present in the Konami portion. One symptom, I get the Konami logo playing where it is not suppose too.

I did not know that, Thats weird when I was mapping the break points I did not run into any issues with the Konami logo at all. Where did the logo play at?
Polargames
Polargames

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next