Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

EarthBound Empty EarthBound

Patch v2 by Conn, loop-table by ShadowOne333:
http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/stuff/Con/eb_msu_patch.zip

PCM set v3* by ShadowOne333:
Code:
https://app.box.com/s/xuyiap1fyiw4dgozzeosw6s5kft8gqie
*v3 includes Niribelle's Venus Live! track 80 (original replaced) and WaffleGMVenusLive (extra track).

PCM Hip Hop Journey by Ballz:
Code:
https://mega.nz/folder/Mr5FQAIY#17AE5Qo1lvY4_l-OLf0fPg
Note: Best to be used with Ballz' Hip Hop Journey patch
Video Preview

Optional "Venus Live!" track by Waffles GM feat. DeltaSilver64 (Rename to "Mother 2-80.pcm"):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LBqpDBxOdgVQBtOeAbQz2P4zXNIBrGly/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by ShadowOne333 on Thu 7 Jan 2021 - 18:31; edited 1 time in total
ShadowOne333
ShadowOne333
Witch
Witch

Since : 2016-04-06

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

EarthBound :: Comments

JUD6MENT

Post Thu 27 Jun 2019 - 11:35 by JUD6MENT

Finally finished, good job

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Thu 27 Jun 2019 - 12:59 by Polargames

Congrats, Cannot wait to play it.😃

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Shadowrun

Post Fri 28 Jun 2019 - 3:22 by Shadowrun

Yes !
great ! thanks again ! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post Tue 2 Jul 2019 - 23:08 by ardar

I'm having issues saving with this hack. I'm using the SD2SNES (pro) and it only occasionally decides to save when I use the black phone and call my dad. It seems really sporadic on when it decides to save. I will try multiple times, it will confirm save, and when I reset it goes back to an older save version.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 3 Jul 2019 - 3:56 by Conn

SD2SNES Note: Problems with saving is a known issue with MSU-1 enhanced games on the SD2SNES.The game saves only with this technique your progress: In order to save permanently, you'll need to "Save and Quit", and then either press L+R+Select+X or press and hold the reset button on your console long enough so that it resets to the SD2SNES main menu.

That's not a problem with the hack and thus nothing I can do. I hoped this issue was fixed with the pro version, but I guess it isn't. Try the quoted technique and see if you get it saved better. My patch for sure doesn't do anything to the saving routine.
For this kind of stuff you need to ask Ikari, I can only fix stuff that happens on emu.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 3 Jul 2019 - 4:44 by Relikk

ardar wrote:I'm having issues saving with this hack. I'm using the SD2SNES (pro) and it only occasionally decides to save when I use the black phone and call my dad. It seems really sporadic on when it decides to save. I will try multiple times, it will confirm save, and when I reset it goes back to an older save version.

As Conn pointed out, you need to hold the reset button on the console for a few seconds so it resets back to the SD2SNES menu for the save to be written to the SD card. MSU1 games cannot save to the SD card in real-time because the SD card is reserved for streaming PCM audio files. The save is stored in the cartridge RAM, and when the console is reset (long reset as explained above), the save is transferred from RAM to the SD card. A short reset still keeps the save in RAM but doesn't transfer to the SD card, and when you turn off your console the save is lost.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 3 Jul 2019 - 7:06 by Conn

Somebody should bug Ikari with this issue, so that he may finds a solution for it in an updated firmware (if possible) Woot!!

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Wed 3 Jul 2019 - 22:01 by Polargames

Conn wrote:Somebody should bug Ikari with this issue, so that he may finds a solution for it in an updated firmware (if possible) Woot!!

@Conn,@Relikk

Just left a comment on the sd2snes website to let them know about this issue. I quoted what was said and sent it in the comment as well. Will let you know sd2snes said if the replay to my comment. I hope this helps you guys out :-)

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 4 Jul 2019 - 3:48 by Conn

Good idea, thank you Very Happy
Can you share the link where you posted?

Back to top Go down

PittStone

Post Thu 4 Jul 2019 - 6:18 by PittStone

There is a German Patch for this Game (T+Ger3.00_snes-projects.de_Spade_BetaplayV2) but after patching the msu Version, the Game has some errors ingame and crashes. Its not playable. Is it possible to make the msu patch compatible to this German patch? Would be nice.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 4 Jul 2019 - 9:04 by Conn

I've added a german version subfolder to the patch (clear browser history if it isn't there and download again).

IMPORTANT:
Apply the german translation patch BEFORE the eb_ger_msu.ips
(Rom size needs to be 4MB)

Unfortunately you didn't tell where you got that translation version from, I found:
https://www.snes-projects.de/filebase/index.php?page=Entry&entryID=35
And developed the german msu version to work with
Earthbound (U) [T+Ger3.00b2_Spade+snes-projects.de]

However, it should also be compatible with any other translation version.

Back to top Go down

PittStone

Post Thu 4 Jul 2019 - 10:22 by PittStone

@Conn Awesome. Thanks for the fast Update. You found the right one from snes-projects.de!

Back to top Go down

Post Thu 4 Jul 2019 - 14:54 by ardar

Thanks for advice -- long reset worked. Ironic how dad says "be sure to hit power and not reset OK?" when you save and quit -- who could have predicted?

I'm curious if the run feature noted by psalmsamuel will ever be integrated into the msu1 patch? Or could someone post it somewhere? I can't be bothered to go through the recompile process.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 4 Jul 2019 - 16:02 by Conn

I'm curious if the run feature noted by psalmsamuel will ever be integrated into the msu1 patch?
No it won't.
I have full comprehension for a rpg translation hack to be compatible with msu, so I addressed PittStone's request. However, it's obsolete to have every PAL Jump'n Runs in german/french/spanish support msu, simply because there's so little text.

However, if a good hack is available I sometimes even provide an extra patch, like e.g., seen with FRUE Lufia. But these are really exceptions.

With that said, there are dozens of hacks out there at romhacking and it is impossible to code the msu code being compatible with all hacks, and even if they are compatible (with that said run button hack i.e.) I see no reason supplying a merged patch - you can download this patch somewhere and apply it yourself.

A google search will give you this site:
https://starmen.net/pkhack/hacks/technical/
The run button hack should be this (didn't test it, so much luck):
http://local-static2.forum-files.fobby.net/forum_attachments/0028/6302/runbutton.ips
If it won't work, I suggest to pm psalmsamuel if he can send you the compiled patch/rom.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Thu 4 Jul 2019 - 16:30 by Polargames

@Conn, Here is the link to were I posted it.https://sd2snes.de/blog/faq I hope this was the right spot. There was no direct contact on the site, so after reading the q&a I though here is the right spot.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Thu 4 Jul 2019 - 18:14 by Conn

It is addressed here:
https://github.com/mrehkopf/sd2snes/issues/80
And in q10 of that faq:

Q10: My sd2snes doesn’t save.
A10:

MSU1 games cannot autosave because access to the SD Card is reserved exclusively to the MSU1 features. It must be ready to serve MSU1 requests at any time. Therefore, to save your .SRM file with MSU1 games, a soft reset (hold reset button / use in-game button combination) must be carried out
I was hoping the new fpga would allow to fix this issue in pro... But it doesn't seem so.

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Thu 4 Jul 2019 - 18:50 by Polargames

Conn wrote:It is addressed here:
And in q10 of that faq:

A10:

MSU1 games cannot auto save because access to the SD Card is reserved exclusively to the MSU1 features. It must be ready to serve MSU1 requests at any time. Therefore, to save your .SRM file with MSU1 games, a soft reset (hold reset button / use in-game button combination) must be carried out
I was hoping the new fpga would allow to fix this issue in pro... But it doesn't seem so.

I had saw Q10 on the site, but I had assumed that said user had done that already and they still go the same result. Maybe I read the quote wrong. I did not think about the GitHub, my bad. I hope this does get fixed soon.

Hypothetical question, Could extra ram be install on the sd2snes that could have the .SRM file to be stored there. Say like 1 GB just for save files. Or would that not work at all? Just wondering

Back to top Go down

ikari_01

Post Sat 6 Jul 2019 - 19:40 by ikari_01

Conn wrote:It is addressed here:
And in q10 of that faq:

A10:

MSU1 games cannot autosave because access to the SD Card is reserved exclusively to the MSU1 features. It must be ready to serve MSU1 requests at any time. Therefore, to save your .SRM file with MSU1 games, a soft reset (hold reset button / use in-game button combination) must be carried out

It's rather a shortcoming in the MSU1 specification which could only be fully remedied by adding a second SD card slot (or other permanent flash storage which I think is what Polargames is suggesting as opposed to actual RAM - battery backing 1GB of RAM would probably eat through a CR2032 cell in a matter of hours)

I'm surprised that even having read the GitHub issue description you're disappointed it can't be solved using a bigger FPGA Wink Some approaches are outlined in the issue which would probably "fix" it (you're making it sound like an sd2snes bug) enough for pure audio hacks which seems to be the vast majority these days anyway.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sun 7 Jul 2019 - 5:18 by Conn

Thanks for the clarification, Ikari Smile
You get me wrong, I'm not disappointed. I really am a noob when it comes to hardware, just thought that if SA-1 and MSU-1 can be played together in pro, there may also be a possibility to "fix" this... and "fix" in terms of convenience for the player and not in terms of a bug of course Wink

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 7 Jul 2019 - 13:17 by EmperorOfTigers

I'm having issues having the audio files to download. Shame as I was really looking forward to trying it out.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sun 7 Jul 2019 - 13:35 by Relikk

EmperorOfTigers wrote:I'm having issues having the audio files to download. Shame as I was really looking forward to trying it out.

No issues from what I can tell, they downloaded just fine for me. What issues are you having?

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 7 Jul 2019 - 13:44 by EmperorOfTigers

Strange. It wouldn't work before but has now. I don't know if somehow being in Mobile mode stopped it?

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next