Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0os02z4xn7pp0e2/FatalFury-MsuPatch-V4.rar/file

- PCM Pack -
Arcade/Neo Geo PCM Pack By Relikk:
Code:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahue7izQZmougeYy-BthiyKxw8sD3g

Neo Geo CD Arranged PCM Pack By Cyber_Yagami:
Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/8x5dwivgju50pa9/Fatal_Fury_%28NeoGeoCD%29_PCM.7z/file

- Track Map -
Track Map (Final):
Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19VzQ86c8LO2p_GGHOcNZjm1nZ96e-J_AliRLZSLtnlk/edit?usp=sharing

* Continuous playing music between fights (thanks Conn for suggesting using low stack region).

Last edited by pepillopev on Mon 25 May 2020 - 18:49; edited 9 times in total
pev

Fatal Fury Image211

Since : 2017-10-16

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Fatal Fury :: Comments

Post Mon 2 Sep 2019 - 17:45 by pev

@Relikk Ok, I included two BPS patches (one max $FF volume and lower $7F volume). The lower volume is to accommodate the current "loud" set. Once you re-normalize them, I will remove the $7F volume patch. Now for a nice break.

@ToAll Please re-download the patch files as I made an error during the creation process (mis-match CRC). The correct BPS patch files must have a timestamp of 09/02/2019 11:27pm. The correct Fatal Fury ROM size must be 1.5MB with a CRC of [C67257D0]. Apologies for the mishap. Thanks to Polargames for pointing this out.

Last edited by pepillopev on Tue 3 Sep 2019 - 0:40; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Mon 2 Sep 2019 - 17:51 by Polargames

Fatal Fury Giphy

Great Job Dude. :-D

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Mon 2 Sep 2019 - 18:39 by Conn

I add a spc video as placeholder for each new releases until we get a video of msu1, just for constinency... I can't see msu threads without video stuff, sorry Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post Mon 2 Sep 2019 - 18:41 by pev

@Conn Works for me. That is what I did for Rendering Ranger R2 (used a regular SPC placeholder).

Back to top Go down

Polargames

Post Tue 3 Sep 2019 - 1:38 by Polargames

It plays great :-D

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 3 Sep 2019 - 6:38 by darthvaderx

Unfortunately app.box.com does not work in my country. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Tue 3 Sep 2019 - 16:00 by Conn

Really? Why should brazil censor it?
Anyways, you can use a vpn to change your ip to e.g., the states and try again?

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 3 Sep 2019 - 17:20 by darthvaderx

Out of nowhere started to work here. Exclamation ??????

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 4 Sep 2019 - 15:38 by Relikk

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Wed 4 Sep 2019 - 16:29 by Conn

Added in first post, thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Relikk

Post Wed 4 Sep 2019 - 16:46 by Relikk

Conn wrote:Added in first post, thanks Smile

Thanks. I gave a new PCM link to Pev, with proper volume and some tweaks, and some suggestions for loop fixes for a v3 patch. I'm sure he'll update in due time.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 7 Sep 2019 - 0:37 by pev

@Relikk Ok, I updated the patch with the recommended loop fixes and removed the annoying $7F volume patch. All is well with the world.

@Conn The PCM pack link has changed. Please update at your leisure.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 7 Sep 2019 - 4:56 by Conn

@Conn The PCM pack link has changed. Please update at your leisure.
Done Smile Did my solution work to spare out the 7efff00 region?

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 7 Sep 2019 - 8:49 by pev

@Conn No, unfortunately, it crashes the game for two stages (Pao Pao Café and Howard Stadium). Pao Pao Café zeroes that RAM range but does not use utiltize it (still crashes). Howard Stadium does use this range. Sad

It seems this game just wants to hog every space of RAM, lol (f-ing shitty game). I'm sure that there is one byte it does not use but still zeroes it. Maybe, if this one area is determine, can we just exclude that one byte in RAM? This memory sweep happens for every stage start.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 7 Sep 2019 - 9:18 by Conn

A trick of mine when I really couldn't find anything better is to use low stack region.

In case of this rom, try mapping to 7e01c0-7e01cf
Maybe this works Wink it should not get overwritten

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 7 Sep 2019 - 12:20 by pev

Conn wrote:A trick of mine when I really couldn't find anything better is to use low stack region.

In case of this rom, try mapping to 7e01c0-7e01cf...

@Conn Yup, that did the trick. You are awesome, man. Thank you for that suggestion. Now, the game plays the stage music between rounds (no more flags destroyed). Mind blown.

Woot!!

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sat 7 Sep 2019 - 13:28 by Relikk

I'll re-record the video with the latest patch (as long as the input recording allows it). Thanks Conn, and Pev.

Back to top Go down

Conn

Post Sat 7 Sep 2019 - 14:00 by Conn

@ Pev Awesome! Very Happy
I wished now I remembered that beforehand. I used this sometimes where I couldn't find free ram, but you have to be a bit careful that the stack abuse does not reach the game's stack pointer. So better only use this method on emergency.

Here you find the stack pointer:
$00/8741 D0 DA       BNE $DA    [$871D]      A:0073 X:001A Y:1239 D:0000 DB:00 S:01F2
So it is in this example at 7e01f2, stack is growing downwards, so examining the rom's ram I thought 7e01dx is too close, but 7e01cx should be safe.
I had the issue in Lufia where I got too close to the used stack, and in the credits the game eventually crashed Razz

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 7 Sep 2019 - 14:21 by pev

@Conn So far, I played a whole game and made it to the end credits and back to title screen without issue. We will see how this turns out for Relikk.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sat 7 Sep 2019 - 14:36 by Relikk

It was fine with the re-record and I didn't notice anything. Video is uploading and will be at the link below once it has finished in about an hour and 30 minutes from now.

https://youtu.be/YWFXGTdPP5A

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 7 Sep 2019 - 16:38 by pev

@Relikk Thanks for the updated video. Posted at the top. I just noticed your Beavis and Butthead video got DMCA'ed on YouTube by Viacom.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Sat 7 Sep 2019 - 16:55 by Relikk

Yeah, that's the third time that has happened. It even got flagged on Dailymotion. Doh

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 7 Sep 2019 - 16:56 by pev

@Relikk My guess is just leave the SPC version on display. Those greedy copyright trolls, lol.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next