Streets Of Rage 2 (MD+)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Streets Of Rage 2 (MD+) - Page 2 Empty Streets Of Rage 2 (MD+)

Last edited by Relikk on Sat 5 Dec 2020 - 12:03; edited 15 times in total
Relikk
Relikk

Streets Of Rage 2 (MD+) - Page 2 Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: redditgoogle

Streets Of Rage 2 (MD+) :: Comments

Relikk

Post on Mon 28 Dec 2020 - 4:56 by Relikk

Before I add the link to the original post, can I just enquire about the source of the music files? Who is the original author etc. if there is one? Just need to give it a reference so people know what they're downloading.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 28 Dec 2020 - 10:15 by eskayelle

They're actually just rips from various TMNT games (Turtles in Time, Hyperstone Heist, etc ), plus some from SoR2, plus a couple from Street Fighter 2 or other games.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 31 Dec 2020 - 17:01 by QuintanaSonBlade

Hello, happy new year everyone!
I'm really excited to be able to run this on my Wii, but I use the patch and can't get it to work. What would be the correct steps to do it? do you have to rename the patched rom?
Any help will be appreciated. Blue3

Forget to say, my Wii is working with the latest nightly version of the retroarch the genesis plus gx kernel, compiled today

I kept investigating and I was able to make it work, thank you very much for these great contributions! Razz (Conn)

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 1 Jan 2021 - 1:16 by eskayelle

Happy New Year! The .dol core won't work with an MD+ patch; it has to be the MSU-MD patch applied to either Streets of Rage 2 or TMNT of Rage (not the Re-Shelled MD+ file). Be sure to have a Sega CD bios sitting in the Retroarch system folder, and make sure you point to that file in Genesis GX Plus. Further, the .bin and .cue files should likely be named the same.

Fair warning: The emulator may crash upon exit and throw open the exception handler. Also, the MSU-MD patch breaks the SOR2 ending; it causes the game to softlock after beating Stage 8 and entering initials.

Good luck, and happy gaming!

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 2 Jan 2021 - 17:58 by QuintanaSonBlade

eskayelle wrote:Happy New Year!  The .dol core won't work with an MD+ patch; it has to be the MSU-MD patch applied to either Streets of Rage 2 or TMNT of Rage (not the Re-Shelled MD+ file).  Be sure to have a Sega CD bios sitting in the Retroarch system folder, and make sure you point to that file in Genesis GX Plus.  Further, the .bin and .cue files should likely be named the same.

Fair warning: The emulator may crash upon exit and throw open the exception handler.  Also, the MSU-MD patch breaks the SOR2 ending; it causes the game to softlock after beating Stage 8 and entering initials.

Good luck, and happy gaming!

Hello, thank you very much for the answer, everything worked correctly although I ran the game from the Genesis Plus GX application and not from Retroarch, since the latest versions of it are not usually very stable

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 4 Jan 2021 - 8:39 by znation

Hello good Morning.
First of all thanks so much for the patches and tutorials, I'm playing Street Of Rage 2 on Retroarch (pc) and it sounds great.
I wanted to ask you if anyone knows of any unofficial builds of the core Genesis Plus GX for android with Msu + support.

Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post on Mon 4 Jan 2021 - 10:03 by Relikk

No idea, to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 4 Jan 2021 - 11:39 by thegreatzubari

zaphro72 wrote:Is the Hulk Hogan soundtrack files available anywhere now?

I second this
Is there a way i can find it?

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 6 Jan 2021 - 18:52 by TwinFami

GOT IT WORKING ON MISTER! Only problem is, it seems as if it freezes up near the end of the second level. I'd be glad to send it to someone to have a look at it. I did the same steps that Retroplay used but used the MSU-MD patch instead.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 17 Jan 2021 - 4:45 by Romps

thegreatzubari wrote:
zaphro72 wrote:Is the Hulk Hogan soundtrack files available anywhere now?

I second this
Is there a way i can find it?

I Still have the orig download of the hulk patch and soundtrack if i can be of help

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Yesterday at 6:31 by Relikk

The patch is still on Romhacking, so no need on that front, but the audio could do with being re-hosted if you want to do that.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum