[Super Game Boy] Link's Awakening MSU1

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Super Game Boy] Link's Awakening MSU1 Empty [Super Game Boy] Link's Awakening MSU1

Post by qwertymodo Mon 15 Jun 2020 - 22:35

Project finished:
https://www.zeldix.net/f106-link-s-awakening-dx-super-game-boy

Well... the time has come.  I am finally ready to release the first official public beta of The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX MSU1!

I don't have time to fully document this right now, but a couple of things worth noting:

• You do NOT need to (and SHOULD NOT) patch the Super Game Boy BIOS file
  • This should be compatible with all SGB BIOS revisions
  • For emulators, the .msu and .pcm files should match the name of and be in the same directory as the SGB BIOS file, NOT the GB ROM file.
  • For the SD2SNES, follow the SGB firmware setup instructions, and the .msu and .pcm files should match the name of and be in the same directory as the GB ROM file.

If you've been using the patch file that Conn uploaded previously, you should switch to this one.  The one Conn posted was a much earlier version, with lots of bugs and not compatible with all ROM revisions.

Patch file V2, sd2snes compatible (be sure to download the one for the ROM version you're using):
Code:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jHLP6_KtHhZhFeMx1y-F8C0NoxPmHqVX

PCM pack:
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?lnmvhrkr4tdlcaq

Remember, this is the initial public beta release, so if you run into any problems, please report them here, and be sure to note which version of the base ROM you used.

NOTE: The color dungeon is not compatible with the Super GameBoy, so it has been disabled, as well as removing the book in the library that tells you how to access it.  This is not a bug.

Tutorial how to set it up (both sd2snes and emu):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t6azdW-MrYDV7TiZtzCXMXjMk4UgaQyW/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by qwertymodo on Sat 11 Jul 2020 - 2:12; edited 2 times in total
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

[Super Game Boy] Link's Awakening MSU1 Image212

Since : 2014-10-21

Back to top Go down

[Super Game Boy] Link's Awakening MSU1 Empty Re: [Super Game Boy] Link's Awakening MSU1

Post by ABOhiccups Tue 16 Jun 2020 - 0:36

You forgot to include .msu file.

Bug Report:
The Credits Music switch between Original Game Boy Audio and MSU1 Audio.
ABOhiccups
ABOhiccups
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2019-08-22

http://abohiccups.crypto

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

[Super Game Boy] Link's Awakening MSU1 Empty Re: [Super Game Boy] Link's Awakening MSU1

Post by Mike Melo Tue 16 Jun 2020 - 10:31

Brutapode89 i was able to get ladx_f1.0-msu1.bps patch to work with this version of the rom (Legend of Zelda, The - Link's Awakening DX (F) [C][!].gbc)

Mike Melo
Bee
Bee

Since : 2020-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 16 Jun 2020 - 10:37

Brutapode, it sounds like you try to patch the bios and not the GB rom.
Try reading my tutorial, what to patch and what to rename Wink
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 16 Jun 2020 - 11:49

ABOhiccups wrote:You forgot to include .msu file.

Bug Report:

Do you mean here at 2 minutes in? That's just part of the music.

qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by ABOhiccups Tue 16 Jun 2020 - 13:34

qwertymodo wrote:
ABOhiccups wrote:You forgot to include .msu file.

Bug Report:

Do you mean here at 2 minutes in? That's just part of the music.

I thought that was a bug. Until I found out that was part of game.
ABOhiccups
ABOhiccups
Wish Fairy
Wish Fairy

Since : 2019-08-22

http://abohiccups.crypto

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 16 Jun 2020 - 13:43

Ok, cool. Just wanted to be sure that was actually what you were talking about. The way the MSU-1 code for this game works, it would be really surprising to find that the original music was actually playing. It really shouldn't be possible. There is only 1 track that should be playing the original music, and it's not really music. It's the sound that plays when you get your L2 sword upgrade from the Seashell Mansion. The Switch remake completely changed that sequence so it doesn't have a proper replacement for that sound, so I just left the original. Everything else should be MSU-1.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Retroplay Tue 16 Jun 2020 - 15:20

Is the pre-saved game added as a feature or by accident ?
It's not possible to clear it, if I do it just reappears next time I start the game.

[Super Game Boy] Link's Awakening MSU1 BauUhEV [Super Game Boy] Link's Awakening MSU1 BZcvdGO

I used the patch for v1.2 on this gbc rom
Code:
Name: Legend of Zelda, The - Link's Awakening DX (USA, Europe) (Rev 2) (SGB Enhanced) (GB Compatible).gbc
Size: 1048576
CRC32: 06887a34
MD5: 7351daa3c0a91d8f6fe2fbcca6182478
SHA1: 1c091225688d966928cc74336dbef2e07d12a47c

It's no problem though, just use another slot to start a new game. Very Happy

Last edited by Retroplay on Tue 16 Jun 2020 - 15:27; edited 1 time in total
Retroplay
Retroplay

[Super Game Boy] Link's Awakening MSU1 Image110

Since : 2019-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Tue 16 Jun 2020 - 15:20

Oops, I left the debug flag enabled in the ROM, give me a minute and I'll generate all new patches.

EDIT: New patches uploaded with the debug flag removed. That should fix the ZELDA save file.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Tue 16 Jun 2020 - 15:34

Another bug I already mentioned to qwerty via discord. In debug mode (dunno whether it is also present in normal), if you use the teleporter right of the village and grab the heart piece left on the mountain, music won't resume:

[Super Game Boy] Link's Awakening MSU1 Image245

[Super Game Boy] Link's Awakening MSU1 Image420

Edit: also happens when getting the shield at the beginning and probably any else item (USA 1.2)
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 17 Jun 2020 - 10:59

Yes, german as well. Qwerty said

I'll look into that music resume bug later, I'm currently trying to bust out the entire MSU-1 pack for SePH's hack, since I kept putting it off and now he's released it and I don't have the music done. I'm about 3/4 of the way there, I can probably finish today or tomorrow. I may have broken something in the playback control flags

So I'm sure it's gonna be fixed soon, when qwerty has some more time Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Wed 17 Jun 2020 - 13:04

Yeah, I'm fairly certain the issue is with a change I made to the code on the SNES side, so it would affect all versions.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Mon 22 Jun 2020 - 14:19

Ok, the problem wasn't what I thought it was, but I think it's fixed now.  Anybody who has previously downloaded the patch file should re-download the updated patch.  It's not extensively tested, but I'm fairly confident the fix should work, and shouldn't have caused any nasty side effects.

Edit: Hold off.  New bug, don't download yet.
Edit 2: Ok, silly typo. Should be good now.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by aleomark Wed 24 Jun 2020 - 8:02

I've made work final fantasy adventure in sd2snes running fine
but no the link's awakening, both patched roms tested before in bsnes and working fine, i've been using 1.2 U rom

aleomark
Newcomer

Since : 2020-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 24 Jun 2020 - 8:58

We know. Qwerty, ikari and I are working behind the scene on it. This is all new and novel, it was quite a work to set it up on emu and sd2snes is the next step.
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by landstalker Wed 24 Jun 2020 - 11:26

Thank you for the MSU-1 files for this great game.
Great to her that SD2SNES is being worked on, Conn. I got problems with it as well.
I patched the rom with BEAT (German Rev A), no error reported by BEAT patcher).
The patched ROM works fine with BSNES, but I get graphics glitches and no MSU-1 audio in my SD2SNES (probably related to the early version of SGB-support in SD2SNES).

landstalker
Rope
Rope

Since : 2020-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Wed 24 Jun 2020 - 15:39

I made a tutorial here:
https://www.zeldix.net/t2119-sd2snes-sgb-support
(2nd post). No need to spam LADX bug report forum further Wink
Conn
Conn

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Thu 25 Jun 2020 - 23:08

I am super excited to announce that SD2SNES support is coming soon!  This requires a new patch file that I haven't uploaded yet, but HUGE thanks to Conn and ikari for helping me debug the issues causing it to not run on real hardware.

qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Post by davidantunez Sat 27 Jun 2020 - 15:39

Amazing work, thank u very much to make real this dream, 10/10

davidantunez
Newcomer

Since : 2018-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by qwertymodo Sat 11 Jul 2020 - 2:09

Well, after tonight's playtest, I'm happy to announce that I am officially releasing the hardware-compatible patches! Very Happy You can grab them from the link in the original post. I have also updated the pcm files, so you should re-download those as well.

I will post this to the database tomorrow once I have setup instructions written up, so don't anybody jump the gun on me and post it there before I can get to it.
qwertymodo
qwertymodo

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next