Top Gear 2 (Mode 1)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Top Gear 2 (Mode 1) - Page 2 Empty Top Gear 2 (Mode 1)

PATCH:
MODE 1 PATCH (by "Ti" - Compatible with both the MegaSD and the Mega Everdrive Pro)

AUDIO PACKS:
ARRANGE SOUNDTRACK (Mega EverDrivePro and MegaSD) (BY "PEPODMC")

TOP GEAR THEMES FROM HORIZON CHASE TURBO (ISO+CUE) (BY "RETROPLAY")

FOR EMULATORS:
ARRANGE SOUNDTRACK (For Genesis Plus GX) (by "Pepodmc")]
This music pack has tracks in "OGG" format made for use in the "Genesis Plus GX" retroarch core. That core, sometimes, has some problems if the tracks are in "WAV" format. But with tracks in "OGG" format it works OK, plus less size of the music packs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSTRUCTIONS TO USE IN GENESIS PLUS GX (RETROARCH):

EMULATOR:
GENESIS PLUS GX RETROARCH CORE

For the moment, use the "Genesis plus GX" i put in the thread, because the Core available in Retroarch to download its behind the last source changes, that enable to use all the msu-md patches. Rock & Roll racing is not one of the MSU-MD patched games, it uses an older type of Mode 1 hack, but its better to use this "Genesis Plus GX" from now on.

Put the core in this thread inside "cores" folder.

Then download the Sega CD bios (US,EU,JP) and put them in "System" folder.

The name of each files is:

"bios_CD_E"
"bios_CD_U"
"bios_CD_J"

And then, check in Retroarch if the files are the ones you need.
Open the emulator, in "load core" , select "Genesis Plus GX" , go back, enter in "information", then enter in "core information" and check this:

Top Gear 2 (Mode 1) - Page 2 C1IurkR

If one of those three says "missing", its because the name of your bios files its wrong or its not the file you need, and will had to download from somewhere else. Without these files, the new tracks will not load. (depending of the region of the game)

And last, your ROM must have the same name as the Cue file of the music pack. Change the file extension of your ROM from ".bin" to ".md". Always open the game from the bin file of the game, not from the cue.

Last edited by -pepodmc on Fri 7 Aug 2020 - 9:25; edited 8 times in total
-pepodmc
Armos Knight
Armos Knight

Since : 2020-07-30

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit

Top Gear 2 (Mode 1) :: Comments

Relikk

Post Sat 24 Apr 2021 - 6:31 by Relikk

No linking to ROMs, fullgamezone. You've been told this before, numerous times.

Back to top Go down

Post Sun 25 Apr 2021 - 15:38 by saturnhst

Here are my music packs for Mega Everdrive Pro. All tracks have the volume boosted and there is a list of tracks used in each archive.

Top Gear 2 Amiga CD32 OST pack
Contains the in-race tracks from the Amiga CD32 version of Top Gear 2.

Top Gear 2 Amiga OST pack
Contains the in-race tracks from the Amiga version of Top Gear 2.

Top Gear 2 SNES OST pack
Contains the in-race tracks from the SNES version of Top Gear 2.

Top Gear 2 Genesis OST pack
Contains the in-race tracks from the Genesis version of Top Gear 2. The original Genesis game had a different track order than the SNES/Amiga version and they used the main theme as one of the in-race tracks. I made this pack in the same order as the SNES version and removed the main theme as the other Top Gear 2 ports didn't use the main theme in-race.

Top Gear 2 OST Collection pack
Contains all the tracks from the above 4 packs combined into one pack for more variety.

Top Gear 2 Remix Collection pack
Contains 32 fan remixes of the in-race tracks found on youtube. Originally I had 52 tracks in this pack but I realized that you would not hear every track unless you played the game from beginning to end in one sitting (if you continue on a later level using a password, it starts playing from track 1).

Top Gear 1 SNES OST pack
Contains the in-race tracks from SNES Top Gear 1.

Jaguar XJ220 Amiga & Sega CD OST pack
Contains the in-race tracks from the Amiga and Sega CD versions of Jaguar XJ220.

Lotus 1, 2 & 3 Amiga OST pack
Contains tracks from the Amiga versions of Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge, Lotus Turbo Challenge 2, and Lotus 3.

Lotus 1, 2, 3, Jaguar XJ220 D4XX Remix Collection pack
Contains remixes of tracks from Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge, Lotus Turbo Challenge 2, Lotus 3, and Jaguar XJ220 by D4XX REMIX.

Back to top Go down

Post Sat 6 Nov 2021 - 14:28 by prezi

I have Mega SG and Mega Everdrive PRO. In patched TG2 there are some glitches during the race -- screen is flashing.

Back to top Go down

Post Tue 19 Apr 2022 - 16:34 by Whipon

Greetings:

I have tried some of the music packs here.
There are several ones with more than 4 tracks.
The issue I have is that the game doesn't play more tracks beyond the 8th one.
It restarts playing from the first track after that.

I updated RetroArch, my actual version is 1.10.3.
I tried with the latest Genesis Plus GX core avalaible through Retroarch:
v1.7.4 9e81641
And with the core avalaible on this site:
v1.7.4 17cbc63

I have all three required Sega / Mega CD bios files.

I tried both with "WAV" and "OGG" files with the same results.

I'll really appreciate any help, I was trying to make my own custom tracks, so the game has 64 tracks, one for each race of the game.
But the game just goes back to track 1 after the 8th track.

Maybe I need to do an additional hack to the rom? (I have some 68K asm understanding).

Thanks in advance.

Whipon.

EDIT:
Changed core settings in the quick menu after loading the game:
CD add-on (MD Mode) from "Auto" to "Sega/Mega CD".
After restarting the core, the new limit is up to track 35.
It restarts at the first track after that.

I tried to use MegaSD first, with WAV files but it didn't work. I had no music.
It would be interesting to know if I can have all 64 tracks working using MegaSD, or if the tracks limit is the same. Anyways first I would need to get the music working with that feature, I don't know if its fully implemented.

Regards.

Last edited by Whipon on Tue 19 Apr 2022 - 22:55; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added new info.)

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 20 Apr 2022 - 12:55 by Relikk

If it's not working with a MegaSD then it's possible that the ROM header needs to be edited, as shown here.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 20 Apr 2022 - 15:33 by Whipon

Relikk wrote:If it's not working with a MegaSD then it's possible that the ROM header needs to be edited, as shown here.

Hello, Relikk.

Thanks for your reply Wink.

I think I expressed myself wrong, I don't have a MegaSD, what I did was to set CD add-on (MD Mode) to "MegaSD" on RetroArch.

I had to edit the header from the beginning. RetroArch crashes if you have "CD add-on (MD Mode)" set to "Auto" and you have the rom header set to "MegaSD", when loading and saving save states. And the same goes if you have "CD add-on (MD Mode)" set to "MegaSD" and the header is set to "Genesis".

Anyways I tried the rom with the header edited as "MegaSD" and "CD add-on (MD Mode)" set to "MegaSD", using the "Arrange Soundtrack for Mega EverDrivePro and MegaSD by PEPODMC" avalaible in the front page.
I also tried with a fresh copy of Retroarch with the same results.
I tried both latest avalaible cores, the one on this site and the one avalaible through RetroArch.

I wonder if MegaSD mode is implemented in RetroArch at the moment or not.

Regards Wink.

Back to top Go down

Relikk

Post Wed 20 Apr 2022 - 16:48 by Relikk

The header doesn't need to be edited if you're using an emulator (it should be normal, i.e. "SEGA GENESIS" etc. and not "SEGA MEGASD"), but yes, I have the same problem of no music playing when I tested it just now, but I don't have time to test this further right now, maybe tomorrow.

Just as a footnote for everyone, header edits are only necessary for Mode 1 or MSU-MD hacks being played on a MegaSD flash cart. Neither MD+ or MSU-MD headers need to be edited for usage in Genesis Plus GX.

Back to top Go down

Post Wed 20 Apr 2022 - 20:02 by Whipon

Relikk wrote:The header doesn't need to be edited if you're using an emulator (it should be normal, i.e. "SEGA GENESIS" etc. and not "SEGA MEGASD"), but yes, I have the same problem of no music playing when I tested it just now, but I don't have time to test this further right now, maybe tomorrow.

Just as a footnote for everyone, header edits are only necessary for Mode 1 or MSU-MD hacks being played on a MegaSD flash cart. Neither MD+ or MSU-MD headers need to be edited for usage in Genesis Plus GX.

Thanks again, Relikk Wink.

Remember that yesterday I said I managed to use 35 different tracks with the game?.
Well I was overlooking that an audio CD max length is 79 minutes (1 hour and 19 minutes).
So I did a quick test trimming some ogg files so the sum of them were less than that lenght.
And voila!. I got 64 different tracks working under "Sega/Mega CD" mode.

Anyways I decided I will only use 32 tracks to choose quality over quantity.

EDIT
I got 32 ogg tracks, 100 MB, Length 1:37:13.
It seems you can exceed the length limit a bit.

Regards Wink.

Last edited by Whipon on Wed 20 Apr 2022 - 20:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added new info.)

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2