2 PCM tracks (request)

Go down

2 PCM tracks (request) Empty 2 PCM tracks (request)

Post by Puzzledude Fri 12 Nov 2021 - 13:05

I actually never requested any MSU audio, but this is it. Would it be possible for someone to convert these 2 songs into the actual PCM files with set loops (which I can then add manually into a custom PCM set).

They are from Ocarina of Time:
Spirit temple:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDFVGKfhXyY

Gerudo valley theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hEYvdMoF2g

I think Ocarina songs in general can be very usefull to juice up ALttP soundtracks, specially with the Temple songs which could substitue the regular dungeon tracks.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

2 PCM tracks (request) Image213

Since : 2012-06-20

Back to top Go down

2 PCM tracks (request) Empty Re: 2 PCM tracks (request)

Post by JUD6MENT Fri 12 Nov 2021 - 14:12

Puzzledude wrote:I actually never requested any MSU audio, but this is it. Would it be possible for someone to convert these 2 songs into the actual PCM files with set loops (which I can then add manually into a custom PCM set).

They are from Ocarina of Time:
Spirit temple:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDFVGKfhXyY

Gerudo valley theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hEYvdMoF2g

I think Ocarina songs in general can be very usefull to juice up ALttP soundtracks, specially with the Temple songs which could substitue the regular dungeon tracks.

I totally agree, i actually made a custom pcm set that changed a few zelda tracks with other zelda games. A very nice change up for those that do a lot of randomizers. It will take me two seconds to do this so i will try to find some time later tonight.
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

2 PCM tracks (request) Image212

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 12 Nov 2021 - 14:28

I was already in the process of doing this before you replied, sorry JUD6MENT.

They're edited from the raw USF files, so no lossy YouTube conversions. I've left them as WAV files with the batch file included to convert them to PCM with the loops intact, so you can adjust the volume levels of the WAV files in Audacity, or something similar, to your individual taste.

https://mega.nz/file/ZrpimCCB#9I9gHG8J1KE6RZUxzZFvgAZ8JZQrdDbwUTL5NO1JlcM
Relikk
Relikk

2 PCM tracks (request) Image211

Since : 2017-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 12 Nov 2021 - 15:02

This is great. Thank you. Very Happy
Also: you will be credited and those tracks will be put to a good use, since they can fit perfectly to some custom ALttP dungeons with a desert landscape/temple.

Plus. If anyone of you still has some time on your hands, I could also use the temple songs.

This is my priority order:
-spirit temple (best tune, done already)
-temple of time (also very interesting)
-water temple (nice for any water and even ice dungeon)
-shadow temple (scary tune for a ghost house dungeon)
-forest temple (odd but interesting, not necessary to do)
-fire temple (not necessary to do)

This is how they sound (sample):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAYt2EiKF6A

Last edited by Puzzledude on Fri 12 Nov 2021 - 15:21; edited 1 time in total
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 12 Nov 2021 - 15:10

I can do the rest of those, sure. Give me an hour or so.
Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Relikk Fri 12 Nov 2021 - 15:39

Relikk
Relikk

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Fri 12 Nov 2021 - 16:00

Thank you. Very Happy This is great. You will be credited and this indeed is a fine addition to the MSU (PCM) sceene. We have so many custom tracks now, it actually exceeds the limit of 35 tracks (actually 33) per game. I wonder how the Conker hack achieved to expand this to over a hundred, since in Hyrule Magic you indeed have 35 tracks to choose from to then set for a dungeon or overworld area.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by JUD6MENT Fri 12 Nov 2021 - 16:15

Oh cool, thanks relikk
JUD6MENT
JUD6MENT

Since : 2018-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sat 13 Nov 2021 - 5:07

I wonder how the Conker hack achieved to expand this to over a hundred, since in Hyrule Magic you indeed have 35 tracks to choose from to then set for a dungeon or overworld area.
Conn Magic I'd say Wink
No it's simple, you have at each entrance a call for the music (e.g., cave music), then you hook here and have a music table to play another theme. Since the entrance number is unique you simply can map the msu themes to the entrances. Conker without msu only has 35 themes as well.
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sat 13 Nov 2021 - 8:37

Conn wrote:
I wonder how the Conker hack achieved to expand this to over a hundred, since in Hyrule Magic you indeed have 35 tracks to choose from to then set for a dungeon or overworld area.
Conn Magic I'd say Wink
No it's simple, you have at each entrance a call for the music (e.g., cave music), then you hook here and have a music table to play another theme. Since the entrance number is unique you simply can map the msu themes to the entrances. Conker without msu only has 35 themes as well.
You don't happen to have this ASM. I don't seem to find it, but it would be great to have this entrance dependent, since I was thinking of making my own MSU pack/selection for the original ALTTP with more than 35 songs, with a similar length/fashion as the Conker hack did.

I still have and can use your overworld Music ASM which works great, since you can actually edit the table in hex and it is area dependent. Would be great to also have the code for indoors from Conker.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down

Post by Conn Sun 14 Nov 2021 - 6:06

I was in DM with Puzz and we could made it work. For the records (if anybody else is interested) here's the asm.

However it is complicated, especially when it comes to the overworld, so whoever wants to use it, I think Puzz or I will need to guide.

https://www.zeldix.net/t380-play-custom-music

Last edited by Conn on Wed 17 Nov 2021 - 13:03; edited 4 times in total
Conn
Conn

Since : 2013-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Puzzledude Sun 14 Nov 2021 - 16:26

Conn, I just want to say thank you for doing this ASM! Since I can now set everything on the overworld. This code requires for the native music Rom to be separate from the MSU Rom. If this is the case, I can now set any music for any overworld area (I hex decoded and tested that it works).

Similar to the dungeon music where each entrance can have its own music. There can be 255 tracks in total at max. The only thing left to do is for me to find the locations for the native songs for the indoor entrances (easy to do with Hyrule Magic). After these values are set to 10 (a value for positive substitute), the new ASM table sets the actual custom values.

With OW it is a different strategy, since if the same strategy is used, every track reloads (start over) after every area crossing. So in OW you mimic (copy paste) the ASM table with native tables in all 4 game modes, then it works.

Will decode everything in hex and come up with the Patch as well as the PCM pack for this SuperDX MSU project, which I think will be a great addition to the PCM collections.
Puzzledude
Puzzledude

Back to top Go down